Josef?
约瑟夫
Josef!
我都不知道马是怎么拖着这玩意跑到现在的
Don’t know how his horses drug this around on dry ground.
太沉了
It’s too heavy.
把这些东西都扔了
Get all this shit out of there.
把马车打开
Unpack your wagon.
该死
Goddammit.
看看
Look at this.
我在沃斯堡是怎么跟你们说的
What did I tell you in Fort Worth?
我说过 除了必需品
I said if it is not absolutely necessary
都要扔掉
it does not make the trip.
这就是必需品 他是个音乐家
It is necessary. He’s a musician.
不 他不是音乐家
No, he’s not a musician!
你也不是木匠
And you’re not a carpenter,
他也不是他妈的铁匠
and he’s not a fucking blacksmith.
你们是拓荒人 在到达目的地之前 你们都是拓荒人
You are pioneers, and that’s all you are until you get there.
没有家 没有工作 没有农场
You have no home, no job, no farm.
只有旅程 仅此而已
You have the journey, that’s it.
他说什么
What’s he sayin’?
他说这些东西无可取代
He says these things, they can’t be replaced.
你是想把他送到俄勒冈沿街乞讨吗
You are sending him to Oregon to be a beggar on the streets.
他只有以下选择 卸车
These are his choices: he unloads his wagon.
或者回沃斯堡
He goes back to Fort Worth,
否则我就把他马车烧了 告诉他
or I burn his wagon to the ground. Tell him.
他们会恨你的
They’re gonna hate you.
那就让他们活着恨我吧
At least they’ll be alive to do it.
我们要过这条河吗
We cross that?
约瑟夫
Josef?
是要过这个吗
We go across that?
对 越过这条河
Yes. We go across it.
没事的 没事
You’re fine, you’re fine.
我看看那条水沟
Show me that trench.
从这里开始
Starts right here.
你得待在那个位置的右边
You gotta stay to the right of that spot.
我知道 队长 我已经告诉过大家了
I know it, Captain. I passed the word.
就希望这些人能保持耐心
Just hope these folks stay patient.
头脑冷静能过河
Cool heads cross rivers.
鲁莽行事必翻船
Hot heads drown.
去拉马车把
Gonna pull wagons.
如果有人掉下来
If someone falls off,
扔给他们一根绳子 把他们拉到岸边
toss them a rope and pull ’em to the bank.
别让他们靠近你的马
Don’t let them reach your horse.
你会被拖下来的
They’ll drag you off.
他们为什么要把我拖下来
Why would they drag me off?
因为人们恐惧时 总想抓住点什么
‘Cause when people panic that’s what they do.
如果你被拉下马 那件衣服就会把你淹死
If you come out of the saddle, that dress’ll drown you.
天啊
Oh my God.
看来今天之后
I guess we’re gonna get to know each other
我们又对彼此多了份了解
a lot better after this day.
看来他们终于想通 开窍了
Looks like they came to their senses and lightened up.
都是河水的功劳
A river’ll do that to ya.
就这样摆在这里感觉怪怪的
Strange they’d just leave it.
早该留在镇上的
Should’ve left it in town.
我们一到堪萨斯
Once we get to Kansas…
这里看着就像个垃圾场
Hell, it looks like a junk yard,
岸上堆满了人们抛弃的一切
all the things folks dump at the river bank.
烤箱 浴桶
Ovens, bath tubs,
风车的叶片 都要跟驮它的马车一样大了
wind mill blades as big as the wagon it was in.
这些人还以为西进的路都是铺好的石板道呢
I swear, folks must think the way west was paved.
你弹钢琴吗
You play?

I do.
之前弹
I did.
后来就不怎么弹了
I guess I don’t play anymore.
那再弹一次吧
Well… You can play once more.
[贝多芬的 “月光奏鸣曲” ]
[plays “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven]
有欢快一点的曲子吗
Don’t know any happy ones?
我对欢快的曲子不感兴趣
Never had much interest in the happy ones.
嘿 牛牛
Hey, cow. Hey, cow.
-过来 -加油
– Get up. – Yee-hoo!
来 来 来
Whoop, whoop, whoop.
-起来 牛儿 -过来
Get up, cow, get up. Come on. Come on.
来 嘿
Come on! Hey!
Hut, hut! – Woop!
往前走 牛儿
Get up, cow.
嘿 牛儿
Hey, cow!
我对田纳西的记忆已经消失殆尽
I had abandoned every memory of Tennessee,
仿佛我是在这旅程中出生的一样
as though I was born on this journey.
但我不是
But I wasn’t…
我们要离开此岸 到达彼岸
We were leaving a place and seeking another.
而这段旅程是连接两岸的
And the journey was the necessary,
悲惨必经之路
miserable road between the two.
我以前总觉得 自己对这里的危险免疫
Somehow I felt immune to the dangers of this place.
好像土地跟我达成了默契
As if the land and I had struck a deal.
只要我爱它 就可以毫发无伤地穿行
I could pass unharmed so long as I loved it.
我确实爱它
And I did.
我爱它的一切
I loved everything about it.
但布拉佐斯河让我懂得 并没有什么默契
But crossing the Brazos taught me there was no deal.
不管我们多爱这片土地
No matter how much we love it,
它永远不会爱我们
the land will never love us back.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!