you believed in?”, Said the apothecary.
“如果你愿意救她们 我什么都放弃”
“If it would save them, I would give up everything.”
“那我就帮不了你了”
“Then there’s nothing I can do to help you.”
第二天 牧师的两个女儿都死了
The very next day both of the parson’s daughters died.
全球三大零售企业之一
瑞士籍的美国歌♥手、女演员
妈妈
Mama.
这个故事是如何开始的
How does this story begin?
和很多故事一样
It begins like so many stories.
一个男孩
With a boy.
年纪太大 算不上孩子
Too old to be a kid.
太小 不能叫成年人
Too young to be a man.
以及一场噩梦
And a nightmare.
有两个基本常数
It’s got two fundamental constants.
e
e,
自然对数中的底数
the base of the natural logarithm system.
这是个数字
It is a number,
它的诞生来自一个问题
it is a number that emerges from asking:
描述事物变化速率
What is the mathematical function or thing
跟它们的量级
which describes things
呈正比的
where the rate at which they change
函数是什么
is proportional to their magnitude?
如果你计算的话
Now, if you do that mathematically,
就会得出这个基本常数
it will give you this fundamental constant.
康纳
Conor?
你没事吧 康纳
Are you all right, Conor?
你看起来很疲惫
You look tired.
没休息好吗
Are you getting enough rest?
没事 我很好
Yeah, I’m fine.
有问题可以告诉我的…
‘Cause you know if you ever wanted to talk…
我没事
I’m fine.
好吧
Okay.
大家往前看
Everyone, eyes front.
π是周长的比率
Pi is the ratio of the circumference,
当你把它…
and when you put it…
小心 奥莫利
Careful there, O’Malley.
你可能会摔跤的
You might fall.
你是喝醉了吗
Are you drunk or something?
他会让他那秃头妈妈帮他亲好的
He’ll have to get his slaphead mother to kiss it for him.
你总是待在自己的梦里
You’re always off in your own little dream world.
那里有什么有意思的东西
What’s there so interesting?
起来
Get up.
你一直是个好孩子 记得 奥莫利
You’ve been a good boy. Remember, O’Malley.
好孩子不打小报告
Good boys don’t talk.
– 嘿 康 – 嘿 妈妈
– Hey, Con. – Hey, mum.
– 那是什么 – 一个惊喜
– What is that? – It’s a surprise.
这是个VCR
So, this is a VCR?
比VCR好多了
This is much better than a VCR.
是你外公的老放映机
It’s your grandpa’s old film projector.
– 装好了 – 我很希望你能认识他
– There we go. – I wish you could have known him.

Who?
外公
Grandpa.
就算是外婆 在他周围也变和蔼了
Even grandma was softened up around him.
是啊 好吧
Yeah, all right.
开始吧
Here we go.
真是一群混♥蛋♥
What a bunch of assholes!
他们为什么要杀金刚
Why are they trying to kill King Kong?
人们不喜欢理解不了的东西
People don’t like what they don’t understand.
他们很害怕
They get scared.
金刚本可以把他们都碾碎
King Kong could just smash them all.
把他们撕成碎片
Break them into a million pieces.
没错
Yeah.
康纳
Conor.
妈妈
Mum?
我来抓你了 康纳·奥莫利
I have come to get you, Conor O’Malley.
你为什么不跑 康纳·奥莫利
Why don’t you run, Conor O’Malley?
为什么不去找妈妈
Why don’t you run for your mother?
你离她远点 我不怕你
You leave her alone. I’m not afraid of you.
我以后再来找你 康纳·奥莫利
I will visit you again on further nights, Conor O’Malley…
我会摇你的墙 把你摇醒
and I will shake your walls until you wake.
然后我会跟你讲三个故事
And then I will tell you three stories.
你要跟我讲故事
You’re going to tell me stories?
是的 我会跟你讲三个故事
I am. I will tell you three stories.
当我讲完三个故事
And when I’ve finished my stories,
你要告诉我第四个
you will tell me a fourth.
我不知道什么故事
I don’t know anything about stories.
你告诉我第四个故事 那个故事会是真♥相♥
You will tell me a fourth and it will be the truth.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你隐藏的真♥相♥
This truth that you hide.
你梦到的真♥相♥
The truth you dream.
– 你会告诉我你的噩梦 – 不
– You will tell me your nightmare. – No.
会的 那将是你的真♥相♥
Yes. That will be your truth.
如果我不讲呢
And if I don’t?
康 我睡着了
Oh, Con, I was asleep.
你应该去你自己的床上 康
You should be in your own bed, Con.
就五分钟
Five minutes.
– 你骗我 – 没骗你
– That is not true. – Yes, it is.
– 拜托 康 – 就五分钟 我保证
– Come on, Con. – Just five minutes. I promise.
五分钟
Five minutes.
晚安
Night night.
我尊重你的意见 莉齐 真的
I respect that, Lizzy, I do.
但你父亲最不想做的
But the last thing your father
就是让他去美国…
would want for him to be taken off to America
和某个陌生女人和她孩子住在一起
to live with some strange woman and her strange child.
我们现在必须谈谈
We have to discuss this now.
– 嘿 康 – 孩子你回来了
– Hey, Con. – Ah, there’s the little man.
你从哪找到这些东西的来着
Where did you say you got these?
一家很棒的养老院
From a very nice old people’s home.
要改成公♥寓♥ 清了东西 我当他们的代理人
They’re clearing it out to make flats and I will be the agent.
你母亲要喝杯茶
Your mother needs a cup of tea.
绿茶 不加糖 我的不加奶
Green, no sugar. I take mine black.
你觉得怎么样 康
What do you think, Con?
他喜欢
He loves it.
– 去吧 – 好吧
– Go on. – Okay.
继续 试试别的
Go on, try something else.
我为了你才去做的
I’m only doing this for you.
我现在不想讨论这个
I do not have this conversation now.
好吧
All right.
你不能随便 莉齐
You can’t just drift, Lizzy.
你必须做一些决定
You have to take some decisions.
我在做能做的决定
I’m making all the decisions I can,

No.
等我和康纳说时 会做决定的
and I will decide when I speak to Conor.
你去帮康纳倒茶吧
Go and help Conor with the tea
否则我要疯了
or I’m literally going insane.
– 我们要谈谈 – 我在泡茶
– You and I need to have a talk. – I’m making tea.
康纳…
Conor…
– 我说我在泡茶 – 我们得…
– I said I’m making tea. – We have to…
我不是敌人 康纳 我是来帮你妈妈的
I’m not the enemy, Conor. I’m here to help your mother.
我知道你为什么在这
I know why you’re here.
我在这因为…
I’m here because…
十二岁的男孩应该
12-year-old boys shouldn’t be
不用提醒 就把柜台擦干净
wiping down counters without being asked to first.
– 那你来擦啊 – 别这么不礼貌
– You want to do it? – Less of your cheek.
她治疗之后总是不舒服
She is always sick after her treatments.
她明天就会好点的 然后你就能回家了
She’ll be better tomorrow, and then you can go home.
她明天会装作好一点
She’ll seem better tomorrow.
她需要和你谈谈这件事
She needs to talk about this with you.
跟我说什么
Talk to me about what?
关于和我生活的事
About you’re coming to live with me.
我永远不会和你住…
I’am never coming to live…
听我说 康纳 如果你妈妈…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!