– Pleasure. – u202dLikewise.
很高兴你们能来到这里
We’re thrilled u202dto have you folks here.
凯文 跟你说个真实的故事 我七岁时
Kevin, true story — when I was 7 years old,
我的第一个银行账户就在梅萨维德银行
my very first bank account was at Mesa Verde,
你能相信吗
if you u202dcan believe it.
我信 我也是 那时我爸还负责经营呢
I can. Mine was, too, back when my dad ran the place.
我记得我第一本存折的封面
I can remember u202dthe cover of my first passbook.
-是剪影… -牛仔的剪影
– It was a silhouette of a… – Cowboy.
马背上的牛仔 站在仙人掌旁边
Cowboy on horseback, yes, standing next to a cactus.
我喜欢那牛仔
I loved that cowboy.
我那时一直在为买♥♥下那匹马攒钱
Far as I was concerned, I was saving up for that horse.
不然钱对于一个七岁小孩来说又有什么用呢
What the heck else is money good for when you’re 7 years old?
我们在会议室中为你准备了
So, we have u202da little presentation for you
一次小小的展示 还准备了零食
in our conference room, along with some snacks
和写着你名字的豆奶拿铁
and a soymilk latte with your name on it.
她可真能干
This one — she’s a keeper.
请吧
Shall we?
走吧
Let’s do it.
我认为这样再好不过了
Well, I think that u202dcouldn’t have gone any better.
-很高兴见到你 -棒极了 再见
– Pleasure to meet you. – u202dFantastic. I’ll see you soon.
-感谢你的安排 -再见
– Thanks for setting this up. – Talk to you soon.
很高兴见到你 佩奇
Lovely to meet you, Paige.
恭喜
Congratulations.
同喜
Right back at you.
我之后会和佩奇谈谈 让一切顺利进行
I’ll circle back with Paige, get the ball rolling,
开始谈战略
start talking strategy, you know?
或者列个清单 看看派哪些律师去处理
Maybe…put together a list of staff associates we can put on this.
让法兰西斯做吧
I’ll put Francis on that.
复审文件已经够你忙的了
You’ve got enough on your plate in doc review.
来了
Coming.
我来得不是时候吗
Catch you at a bad time?
当然不 进来吧
Not at all. Come in.
我听见叮当声了
I hear clinking.
我们要庆祝什么吗
Does that mean u202dwe have something to celebrate?
当然了
We sure do.
我们要庆祝什么
What are we drinking to?
给你弄了个肥差
Got a juicy one for you.
-梅萨维德银行 -预付聘金
– Mesa Verde? – u202dOn retainer.
那更好了
Oh, even better.
恭喜
Congratulations.
是你在高尔夫球场上争取到的吗
One of your golf-course conquests?
金·韦克斯勒带来的
Kim Wexler brought them in.
一个四年律师争取到了二十五万的活儿
Fourth-year associate snags a quarter of a million in billings?
她自己可能也在喝酒庆祝呢
She’s probably having a couple of drinks herself.
我猜 她应该再次受到重用吧
She’s out of the doghouse, I assume?
再说吧
We’ll see.
跨州扩张 这案子很复杂
Interstate expansion — it’s a complex case.
我们可能要对付两个 甚至三个监管委员会
That’s two, maybe three regulatory commissions we’ll be dealing with
律所可能得忙上几个月 甚至几年
Months of work for HHM, maybe years.
早上好 鲁道夫
Good morning, Rudolpho.
早上好 麦吉尔先生
Good morning, Mr. McGill.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
我不知道这儿有人
I didn’t know anyone was here.
我来送些矶鹞渡的材料
Just dropping off some Sandpiper stuff.
你来早了
You’re in early.
其实是待晚了
More like late.
不管现在几点 见到你真高兴
Well, regardless of the hour, good to see you here.
我在做些新尝试
Yeah, u202dI’m trying something new.
我来这一直工作到早九点
I’m coming in, working until 9:00.
律所开门之前办公更容易
It’s easier before the place opens,
灯还没亮 电♥话♥也不会响个不停
without all the lights and the phones ringing.
想喝点咖啡吗
How about some coffee?
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
那你能帮我泡点咖啡吗
W-would you mind making me some?
对不起
I apologize.
我没法自己做
It’s just I-I can’t do it myself,
我不能碰电器
what with the electricity.
-好 -不加糖
– Sure. u202d- No sugar.
稍微加点豆奶
Just a splash of soy milk.
应该有
I think we have it.

Kim?
泡两杯
Um, make two cups.
他们应该说得对
Well, I guess it’s true what they say —
早起的鸟儿有虫吃 如果你喜欢虫子的话
The early bird gets the worm, which is good if you like worms.
我能问个问题吗
May I ask you a question?
当然
Of course.
我在这家律所有前途吗
Do I have a future at this firm?
你我有很多共同点
We have a lot in common, you and I.
我弟弟让你独自承担责任
My brother left you holding the bag.
要知道
If it makes you feel any better,
你不是第一个为他担风险的人
you’re not the first person to go out on a limb for him.
我总是反复犯同样的错误
I made the same mistake over and over again.
结果现在霍华德也犯了
And now Howard has…
他怨你
And he blames you.
真是一团乱
It’s a damned mess.
吉米跟你说过我们的爸爸的事吗
Jimmy ever tell you anything about our father?
没怎么说过
Not much, no.
我爸爸 我们的爸爸 他是
My dad — our dad — he was —
典型的好人
well… the personification of good.
我都不知道他能不能看见任何罪恶
I’m not sure he could even see sin in any form,
他似乎就没这个基因
like he was born without the gene.
他在西塞罗市经营一家街角小店
He ran a little corner store in Cicero —
卖♥♥卖♥♥烟草 散装糖果
cigarettes behind the counter, penny candy —
没什么特别的 但是能维持家用
nothing special, u202dbut it kept food on the table.
邻居们都很喜欢他
And the neighborhood loved dad.
他叫得出每个人的名字 了解他们的生活
He knew everybody’s name, what was going on in their lives.
他让这个小小的拐角变得更好
This little corner — he made it better.
我是以他的名字命名的
I was named after him.
在那之前 他在很多人手下工作过
Before that, he’d worked for a lot of people over the years,
他的梦想就是自己当老板
and his dream was to be his own boss —
倾其所有开了这个小店
put everything he had into that place.
他让吉米在店里干活儿的时候我在外面上大学
I was away at college when he put Jimmy to work there.
吉米从小就在店里 看着爸爸长大
Jimmy grew up in that store, watching our father.
但我爸不善经营
But dad was not the world’s greatest businessman,
最终资♥金♥周♥转♥不灵
and eventually, u202dhe ran into money troubles.
那时候我在当法庭书♥记♥员
I, um, u202dhad a clerkship at the time,
但我还是回家去帮他理清账目
but I came home to help him get his books in order,
解决问题
set the ship straight.
我不是会计
Now, I’m no accountant,
可我还是发现少了一万四千块
but I discovered $14,000 was just gone.
就在这些年里无缘无故消失了
Vanished over the years.
结果是吉米陆陆续续偷的
Turns out Jimmy had pilfered it in dribs and drabs —
直接从收银台拿的
just took it out of the till.
我爸听不进去
My dad wouldn’t hear it.
不可能 不是他的吉米干的
Nope. Not his Jimmy.
最后他只能卖♥♥了那小店
He ended up having to sell.
半年后 他去世了
Six months later, he was dead.
葬礼上 吉米哭得撕心裂肺
At the funeral, u202dno one cried harder than Jimmy.
我弟弟不是坏人
My brother is not a bad person.
他本性善良
He has a good heart.
只是
It’s just…
他控制不住自己
…he can’t help himself.
所以只能大家帮他收拾烂摊子
And everyone’s left picking up the pieces.
还有咖啡吗
Is there any coffee left?
不 我来吧
No, I got it.
我会跟霍华德谈谈
I’ll talk to Howard,
帮你们调解调解
pour a little oil on troubled waters.
让你在下面复审文件太大材小用了
You’re being wasted down in doc review.
梅萨维德银行的业务拉得好
Good job with Mesa Verde.
请进 正在营业 今天没活 回家睡觉
我能坐这吗
Mind if I join you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!