堪萨斯城一1963年
没想到最近一个周六我竟然卖♥♥了更多
I don’t know a recent Saturday I’ve sold more.
你怎么看起来这么郁闷呢?
Why are you so glum?
你对那些大惊小怪的女服务员很烦吗?
Were you bothered by those waitresses making a fuss?
不是
No.
不过说实话,要是人们一直对你的相貌 议论不休,你会怎么做?
But, honest, what are you supposed to do when people keep commenting on your looks?
我甚至不知道他们说的“用棍子打他” 是何用意
I don’t even know what they mean – “Beat ’em off with a stick.”
好吧,如果这就是你的问题
Well, if that’s your only problem –
这不是
It’s not.
我拿到成绩报告单了
I got my report card.
有三门课C,两门课D…
Three C’s, two D’s…
还有一门不及格
and an incomplete.
我看你平时学习挺努力的,汤姆
I see you studying so hard, Tom.
你觉得问题出在哪?
What do you think the problem is?
我只要再努力点就好了
I just have to try harder.
我会考好的
I will.
我会考好的
I will.
我会考好的
I will. I will.
会考好的!
I will! I will
会的,会的,会的!
I will, I will, I will. I will!
谢谢,爸爸,交流一下还是挺有帮助的
Thanks, Dad. This talk helped.
你能…
Can you, um…
在上面签个字吗?
sign it, please?
要是给你请个家庭教师 你觉得会有帮助吗?
Do you think it would help if I got you a tutor?
那就太好了
That’d be great.
总会管用的吧,要是你觉得都能做得很好 那还能怎么个进步法呢?
It’d better help though. What can you do with yourself if all you can do is look good?
未来的电视台主持人
人们总是问我,还差两个月才满15岁
I’m frequently asked what special difficulties are involved…
就高中毕业,有没有遇到什么困难
in being graduated from high school two months shy of my 15th birthday.
波士顿,马斯-1965年
有时我想正是困难本身鞭策我去克服它
I sometimes think it was the difficulties themselves which enabled me to do it.
如果我曾被人赏识过或得到过宽容
If I’d been appreciated, or even tolerated…
我就不可能这么快毕业
I wouldn’t have been in such a hurry to graduate.
我希望下一个上来的学生可以超过我…
And I hope the next student who comes along and is able to excel…
而又没有被遗弃的感觉
isn’t made to feel so much an outcast.
我现在正在找合适的大学…
But I’m looking forward to college…
这是我很长一段时间以来最快乐的日子
and this is the happiest day I’ve had in a long, long time.
所以,我要谢谢你…
So, I thank you…
同时我也原谅你
and I forgive you.
揍他,揍他!
Slug him. Slug him!
继续啊,史蒂文 这是你最后一次打我了
Go ahead, Steven. Take your last licks.
但是我的伤口会愈合 而我所说的话却永远也抹不去
But this will heal! What I’m gonna say can never be erased!
这将是你永远的伤疤!
It’ll scar you forever!
准备好了吗?来吧
Ready? Here it is.
你以后一年最多赚的超不过19000美元! 哈哈!
You’ll never make more than $19,000 a year! Ha, ha, ha!
狠狠揍他!
Cream him!
揍他
Take him.
未来的新闻记者
好吧!这个怎么样?
Okay! What about this?
你永远也走不出南波士顿 而我将会出去见识整个世界!
You’ll never leave South Boston, and I’m gonna see the whole damn world!
你永远也写不出一个优美的句子 这种喜悦你永远也品?不到…
You’ll never know the pleasure of writing a graceful sentence…
你永远也不会有什么创造性的想法!
or having an original thought!
想想吧
Think about it.
19000美元-还不错
$19,000 – not bad.
亲爱的费利西奥 这真是太让人吃惊了…
Dear Felicio, It’s truly amazing to me…
亚特兰大,乔治亚-1963年
我们生活在不同的世界 对音乐的品味却一模一样
that we live a world apart and yet have the same favorite music.
我很喜欢你发给我的照片…
I love the picture you sent me…
我把它贴在…
and have it up on – Oops.
贴在…
And have it –
把它贴在我的布告栏上… 图画…
And have it up on my bulletin board. The drawing –
亲爱的
Honey.
未来的新闻制片人
天啊,简!
Good God, Jane!
爸爸!不要这样!
Daddy! Don’t ever do that to me!
你该睡觉了
Look, It’s time for you to go to sleep.
我只是又有了两个新笔友 马上就弄完了
I just have two more pen pals. Then I’m all done.
快点弄完 我可不希望你沉迷于这些事情
Finish quickly. I don’t want you getting obsessive about these things.
晚安 -晚安
Good night. – Good night.
好吧
All right.
“沉迷”
“Obsessive.”
“沉迷”
“Obsessive.”
爸爸,你让我注意措辞
Dad, you want me to choose my words so carefully.
可你却扔给我一个“沉迷”这样的词
Then you throw a word like “obsessive” at me.
现在,除非我错了 请给我指正,如果我…
Now, unless I’m wrong – please correct me if I am –
但实际上 “沉迷”是精神病学词汇
but obsession is practically a psychiatric term…
当有些人只专注于他所关注的问题
concerning people who don’t have anything else…
而对其他事情不闻不问的时候
but the object of their own obsession…
他无法自拔却又无能为力
who can’t stop and do anything else.
那么,我现在不说了,可以吗?
Well, here I am stopping to tell you this, okay?
你能不能用词再精准一点
So would you please try and be a little bit more precise…
而不是对一个人说他“沉迷于某事”呢?
instead of calling a person something like “obsessive”?
晚安
Good night.
片名:《广播新闻》
詹姆斯.布鲁克斯执导
威廉.赫特
阿尔伯特.布鲁克斯
霍莉.赫特
罗伯特.普罗斯盖
是我
Hey, it’s me.
距离你来大厅见我还剩30分钟的时间
Um, it’s 30 minutes before you have to meet me in the lobby.
催一下你的同伴 我不认为你还有时间吃…
Nudge your mate. Uh, I don’t think there’s time to eat…
路易斯.查尔斯
不过我们到那儿的时候在公车站 可能会有自助餐厅
but there’s probably a cafeteria at the bus depot once we get down there.
我喜欢和你们两个一起工作 这样我连电♥话♥都不用打
I love working with you two. It saves me a call.
琼.库萨克
是的
Yeah.
嗨 -嗨
Hi. – Hey.
马上打开电视机
Gotta turn on your television right now.
阿诺德施瓦辛格出现在“今日秀” “早安美国”和“早间新闻”上了
Arnold Schwarzenegger is on The Today Show, Good Morning, America and The Morning News.
我想他现在应该在其中两个节目的现场
I think he’s live on two of them.
在早上6:00的新闻里 他们用了错误的导弹图片
At 6:00 on The Wake-up News they used the wrong missile graphic.
他们今早给我打电♥话♥说 他想让我们在路上住更便宜的房♥间
And they called me this morning to say they want us to take even cheaper rooms on the road now.
现在,听着,阿诺德刚刚说他正在…
Now, listen. Arnold just said he’s making…
拍一部300万美元的电影 但是他没有变过
$3 million a movie now, but he’s not ever gonna change.
他还是一样的 和他拍200万美元的电影时一样
He’s still the same person when he was making $2 million a movie.
他没觉得有什么改变
He feels no different.
他还和玛利亚买♥♥了一套全新的公♥寓♥ 正打算好好地装♥修♥一番呢
He also bought a brand-new condo with Maria they’re gonna furnish tastefully.
半小时后大厅见
Half hour in the lobby.
好的,大厅见
Okay. I’ll see you in the lobbies.
他到了 我想和你谈谈
There he is. Hi. I’d like to talk to you for a second.
就几个问题 -不行
Just a few questions. – No.
我从华盛顿一路赶到这儿 -离我远点
Well, I came all the way from Washington. – Move away from me.
在公车站 歌♥手J.D.从战争前线回来了
“There might be a band and bunting…
他可能会被授予勋章或受到热烈欢迎
um, at the bus depot for J.D. Singer’s return from war.
上周,因为他在战争中的英雄事迹,总统授予了他勋章 -别说了,看这个
Last week, he was decorated by a president for heroism in the war” – – No, watch this.
我想让你看看这个 你从没看过的,看看
I want you to watch this. You weren’t there for it. Watch.
回家的感觉怎么样? -他妈的,他妈的,他妈的
How does it feel being home? – Get the fuck – Fuck. Fuck.
妈的妈的!
Fucking! Snot! Fucking!
你想用这个吗? -那得看今天的新闻有多劲爆了
You want to use that? – Depends on how big a news day it is.
谢谢 -真不敢相信你竟然那样说!
Thanks. – I can’t believe you said that!
我为我此举感到骄傲 -他真的对你敞开怀抱了,伙计
I’m very proud of that. – He really opened up to you, man.
如果这场战争有美国政♥府♥支特
If this were a war that was sanctioned by the United States –
如果这是朝鲜战争或是二战 或是越南战争
if it were Korea or World War II or Vietnam…
那么很明显,回来会有一个不同的… -40-10、
then obviously coming back would have a different- – 40-10.
你真应该练练你的演讲了
You really oughta work on your speech.

Oh, no.
一想到演讲我就紧张 我们还是做这个吧
It makes me nervous to think about it. Let’s do this.
我没想过什么衣锦还乡
I’m not expecting any big homecoming
我们正在越来越多地受到…
We are being increasingly influenced…
明星系统的影响
by the star system.
广播电视网络如此强大 他们构成了我们最后的希望
The network anchormen are so powerful they comprise our last best hope.
我们的职业正面临危机
Our profession is in danger.
今天你打算去哪儿吃饭?
So, where do you want to go eat?
当前的团队都很有实力 这和我们的传统相关
The current group is clearly qualified, tied still to our best traditions.
但是谁来追随这些人呢? -抱歉
But who follows these men? Excuse me.
我们正在被迫…
We are being pressured…