Is this about Miranda?
部分
In part.
亚历克斯 我很抱歉 不过一会的午餐我有约了
Alex, I’m really sorry, but I have a lunch date in a few minutes.
看着我的眼睛
Look into my eyes.
有没有觉得很熟悉
Does anything seem familiar?
你说什么 -是我
I beg your pardon? -It’s me.
路易 路易
Louie Louie.
我回来了
I’m back.
我昨晚没有喝醉 当我看到你
I wasn’t drunk last night at dinner, and when I saw you
看到那所房♥子
and I saw the house,
我上辈子的记忆回来了
my memory came back of my last life.
你在说什么 -和你相关的记忆
What are you talking about? -With you!
我的记忆回来了 我发现 我曾是路易
I got my memory back and I realised… that I was Louie.
我现在也是路易
I am Louie!
我重新投胎了
I got recycled.
顺便一说 你看上去真美
You look great, by the way.
我知道这很难相信 我不能
Hey, I know it’s hard to believe. I mean, I… can’t…
试试看
Try to see.
从我办公室出去
Get out of my office.
科琳娜
Corinne…
出去
Get out.
你好 亚历克斯 -你好
Hi, Alex. -Hi.
你怎么样 好点没 -是的 我们能坐下
How are you? Feeling better? -Yeah. Can we sit down and…?
我下午和布拉德利谈过了 -是吗
I talked to Bradlee this afternoon. -Yeah?
关于你的
About you.
再 见 俏 郎 君
1963年5月18日星期六下午4点
圣徒教堂
一年后
现在 耶鲁大学
华盛顿史密森尼博物馆
他的最低标准是 不雇用新手
Bottom line is, he won’t hire a rookie.
不过我有一些朋友 一些编辑 -菲利普
But I’ve got some friends, editors. -Philip,
你干嘛为我的前途周♥旋♥ 你都不了解我
why are you going out of your way for me? I mean, you hardly know me.
我不知道
I don’t know.
或许是因为一些特殊的人
Maybe it’s like… with someone special…
让你感觉 像是知己 或是最好的朋友
You know that feeling that you have like a confidant, or maybe, you know, a best friend?
你想喝啤酒吗
You want a beer?
当然
Sure.
米兰达的左臼齿 那是我的米兰达档案 -它很美
Miranda’s left molar. That’s my Miranda file. -It’s beautiful.
你真的很喜欢她 是吧
You really do like her, dontcha?
你们可真像一家人
You look like a family.
基本上算是
Well, we are, almost.
除了缺少夫妻间的常规举动 性♥爱♥
Just without, uh… some of the usual conventions of marriage -sex.
你和杰弗里斯夫人从没在一起过吗
So, uh… you and Mrs Jeffries have never been together?
没有 -但是你爱她
No. -But you love her.
无可救药的
Hopelessly.
这么些年你从没碰过她 也没告诉过她么
And all these years you’ve never touched her and you’ve never told her?
你不了解科琳娜 她很特别 不像其他女人
You don’t know Corinne -she’s wired differently. She’s not like other women.
朝错的方向轻微地推动都可能
The slightest push in the wrong direction might…
我不想吓到她
I don’t want to rush her.
我觉得你做的很对
I think you’ve done the right thing.
我试着以路易的方式来照顾米兰达和科琳娜
Well, I’ve tried to take care of Miranda and Corinne the way I imagine Louie would’ve.
那是路易 瞧他那腿细的
That’s Louie. With the skinny legs.
也没多细
Not that skinny.
菲利普 你肯定不会相信
Philip. You’re not gonna believe this,
不过
but…
抱歉 我接个电♥话♥
Um, sorry. Excuse me.
哪位 你好
Hello? Oh, hi.
是调查
Research.
我还是走吧
I’d better go.
谢谢
Thanks.
天呐
Oh, my God.
这是你第一次投胎做人吗
This your first time as a human?
什么
What?
我接收到很强的
I’m getting a strong
德国牧羊犬感应
German shepherd vibration.
我以前是个律师
Uh… I used to be a lawyer.
挺接近的
Oh. Close!
你了解有关前世的事吗
Do you know about past lives?
我们是相连的 都是相连的 在肉身之下
We’re all connected -it’s all connected. Under the skin.
你永远不知道谁潜伏在什么样的身体里
You never know who’s lurking in what body.
你的妻子可能是你的祖父
Your wife could be your grandfather.
你遇见的某个让你觉得紧张的人 可能是你的岳母
You meet some guy who gets on your nerves, it’s probably your mother-in-law!
我们不断地遇到和我们有关的人的灵魂
We keep meeting the souls we’re attached to,
不论好坏 代代轮回
for better or worse, life after life.
有时候我会想 为什么我要对前世这么关心
Sometimes I wonder why I worry about past lives at all.
这辈子都够我心烦的了
I’m having so much trouble with this one!
当你回想起你的前世
When you remember your past lives, it’s like
强烈的情绪就会散布开
your emotions get spread,
像是摇摆的神经脉络
like a dangling nerve,
遍及全身
all over the map.
让你很难再正常生活下去
It makes it very hard to live.
我知道
I know.
你以前是什么人
Who were you?
我 没什么的特别的
Oh, me? I was no-one special.
我们都是特别的
Oh, we’re all special.
我以前可不是埃及艳后或者汉尼拔那样伟大而著名的人
I mean, I wasn’t Cleopatra or Hannibal or someone great or famous.
我知道你不是埃及艳后
Well, I know you weren’t Cleopatra.
我是
I was!
我不想让他再待在这里
I don’t want him in this house!
妈妈 你太不讲道理了 为什么突然就要他离开
Mom, you don’t make any sense. Why all of a sudden does he have to leave?
我有我的理由 谈话结束
I have my reasons. End of conversation.
“谈话结束”是什么意思 他做了什么
What do you mean, “end of conversation”? What’s he done?

He’s
很古怪 -妈妈 古怪又不是刑事犯罪
weird. -Mom, weirdness is not a criminal offence.
如果算 你肯定要被判终生监禁
If it were, you’d be serving a life sentence!
米兰达 我们一点都不了解他 他只是街上的一个流浪汉
Miranda, we don’t know a thing about him. He’s a stray off the street.
他有可能是个 -耶鲁大学毕业生
He could be a… -Yale grad!
又是这样 我喜欢上一个人而你却不赞同
Look, once again I like someone of whom you don’t approve,
因为你那奇怪的不能解释的原因
for your own peculiar and inexplicable reasons.
于是你像个拉美总司令一样命令他离开
So you order him out like some Latin American generalissimo.
我的人生要置于何地
Where’s my life in all this?
我对于要寻找合你口味的意中人
I’m sick and tired of trying to find someone
感到疲惫不堪 他又不是爸爸
who fits into your notion of Mr Right! He’s not Daddy.
没人是
Nobody is.
他得离开 就这么定了 你现在就去楼下叫他离开
He’s leaving and that’s final. Now, you go right downstairs and tell him!
你去说
You tell him.
好的
All right…
我会的
I will!
亚历克斯
Alex…
亚历克斯 -妈妈
Alex! -Mom…
你穿着爸爸的晚礼服看起来棒极了
You look fabulous in Daddy’s tux.
我去开车 妈妈
I’ll get the car, Mom.
作为个体来说 第♥一♥夫♥人♥们都相当有魅力
Oh, the first ladies were so fascinating as individuals!
(注 罗·胡佛是第31任总统赫伯特·胡佛的夫人)
罗·胡佛曾是铅球冠军
Lou Hoover was a shot put champion,
她在斯坦福大学主修地质学 还是卓越的语言学家
a geology major at Stanford and an accomplished linguist.
她和赫伯特曾经用汉语交谈
She and Herbert used to converse in Chinese.
这是蕾蒂·波德 南方民♥主♥党人对她丈夫支持公民权这点很不满
This is Lady Bird. Southern Democrats were furious with LBJ for his stand on civil rights,
于是林登·贝恩斯·约翰逊派他夫人到南方来为他助选
so he sent his wife down South to campaign for him,
因为他知道没有南方绅士会拒绝接待一位南方淑女 这的确奏效了
knowing that no southern gentleman could refuse to greet a southern lady -and it worked!
真吸引人
Fascinatin’ (!)
有什么问题吗
Something the matter?
不 埃莉诺·罗斯福是我最爱的第♥一♥夫♥人♥
No! Eleanor Roosevelt is my favourite first lady.
她穿着这件礼服参加了总统的就职典礼
She wore this gown the night of the president’s inauguration.
在国会大厅里举♥行♥了一场音乐会
There was a concert at Constitution Hall!
我们希望人们能更
We want the people to know
了解第♥一♥夫♥人♥们 而不止是她们的瓷器或者衣服
that the first ladies were more than just their china and their dresses.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you!
你不打算介绍我们认识认识吗
Aren’t you going to introduce us?
塔尔梅奇夫人 这位是亚历克斯·芬奇 我女儿的朋友
Mrs Talmadge, this is Alex Finch, a friend of my daughter’s.
芬奇先生
Mr Finch.
能邀您共舞吗
Oh! -May I have this dance?