I want you to spray it on half your face, so it’s all one color.
这个会让我的脸看上去黄黄的 这个让你想到了什么?
It makes my face look yellow. What does this remind you of?
那么我们就告诉大家你在太阳灯下
Then we’ll tell everybody you fell asleep
侧着半边脸睡着了
under the sun lamp on your right side.
为什么?
What for?
爸爸 我可以问你一个问题么?
Dad, can I ask you a question?
他们是不是真的?
Are they for real?
那就是为什么
That’s what for.
不 他们不是真的
No, they are not for real.
出去给自己买♥♥个热狗 好么?
Go outside and have a hot dog, okay?
洛伊 不要这样告诉他
Ronnie, don’t tell him that.
不要这样讲 直到你知道自己在说什么
Don’t talk about this until you know what you’re talking about.
如果我不说 我怎么知道会发生什么事情?
If I can’t talk about it, how will I know what’s going on?
什么事情?
What?
妈妈 我相信它们
Mom, I believe in them.
我也相信它们
I believe in them too.
不 你不相信
No, you don’t.
爸爸叫我们相信
Dad says we do.
不 他没有
No, he does not.
你是么 洛伊?
Do you, Roy?
我只是想知道接下来会怎样
All I want to do is know what’s going on.
没什么会发生 只不过是那些事情
Nothing’s going on! It’s just one of those things.
什么事情?什么事情?
Which things? Which things?
-我不想再听到这些了 -这个是非常重要的
– I don’t want to hear about this. – This is very important!
我不会让这件事情就这样结束的 我要告诉别人
I won’t let it lay here. I’m gonna call somebody!
我不听 我不听
I’m not listening. I’m not listening.
昨天晚上我看到了一些无法解释的东西
I saw something last night that I can’t explain.
昨天晚上我看到的事情我可以解释
I saw something last night I can’t explain.
我今天晚上会再去那里的
I’m going out there again tonight.
不 你不能去
No, you’re not.
我要去
Yes, I am.
不 你不能去
No, you’re not.
我要去
Yes, I am.
不 你不能去
No, you’re not.
他们生活在月亮上么?
Do they live on the moon?
它们的基地在那里 所以晚上他们会来到你的窗前
They got bases there so at night they can come through your window.
这不是被月亮晒伤的 该死
This isn’t a moonburn, goddamn it!
-是你昨天晚上来爬我的窗子 -你弄痛我了
– You came through my window last. – You hurt me!
-你卷走了我的被子 -洛伊不是那样的
– You took all my covers. – Roy’s not like that.
他喜欢他的工作 不要那样说
He loves his work. Don’t say that!
他做了什么了? 他昨天一晚上和我们在一起
What did he do? He was with us all night!
我今天晚上不一定去
I won’t have to go tonight.
他不是那样的
He is not like that at all!
不要再对我叫了
Stop yelling at me!
你不能跟他讲么?
Can’t you tell him about this?
喂?
Hello?
我不能相信
I can’t believe it.
洛伊
Roy…
你被解雇了
you got fired.
他们甚至不想跟你讲话
They didn’t even want to talk to you.
印度北部 达兰萨拉
我想知道… 你们是从哪个方向听到这些声音的?
这些声音都是从哪里来的?
Where were the sounds coming from?
这些声音都是从哪里来的? 请告诉我
Where did these sounds come from? Tell us, please.
这些声音是从哪儿来的?
晚上好 女士们先生们
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
请再说一遍 我的英文也不好
I beg your pardon, but my English is not good too.
我想和大家分享
I want to share with you now…
我们在印度取得的突破
the breakthrough that happened in India.
我们认为它意味着些什么
We think it means something.
我们认为它是重要的
We think it is important.
为了帮助你们了解
To help you learn,
我在使用由佐尔坦·柯达伊创造的手语
I am using the hand sign created by Zoltan Kodaly.
柯达伊用这些手语来教耳聋的孩子学习音乐
Kodaly developed these signs to teach music to deaf children.
你好?
Hello?
你好么? 你也来这儿了?
Hi, how are you? You came here too?
嗯来了 我是季连·盖勒
Yes. Jillian Guiler.
罗伊·尼瑞 上次的事情真抱歉
Roy Neary. I’m sorry about what happened with kids.
怎么了?
What?
看看你
Look at you.
你也晒伤了
You got the same burn.
但你的比我好 你至少全晒到了
Yeah, but it’s better on you. You got it all over at least.
我今晚要晒到另一半
I gotta tan the other side tonight.
孩子怎样? 我真的很抱歉
How’s the kid? I’m really sorry.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
抬起头 笑一个
Raise your head a bit and give me a smile.
他太小了不适合作记录 你认为呢?
He’s a little young for a record, don’t you think?
奇怪
Weird.
我知道这听起来很疯狂 但是自从昨天在路上
I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road…
我看到这个形状
I’ve been seeing this shape.
冰淇淋的形状
In shaving cream and pillows…
我知道这个我知道这是什么
Damn it, I know this! I know what this is.
这意味着什么
This means something.
很重要
This is important.
他们来了
Here they come!
准备好照相机
Get the camera!
在西北方向
Out of the northwest!
这就像成年人的万圣节
It’s like Halloween for grownups.
不给糖果就捣乱
Trick or treat.
等一下
Wait a minute!
这些式样是
The patterns are:
-我们收到2段15分钟的广播 -有规律的讯号♥?
– We received two 15-minute broadcasts. – Non-random signals?
104次迅速的脉动 5秒钟间隔后 40次脉动
104 rapid pulses. After a five-second interval, 40 pulses.
另外5秒钟间隔 然后是30次脉动
Another five-second break, and 30 pulses.
戈德斯通射电望远镜
14号♥站
静止 然后一组新的数字
60 seconds of silence, then a new set of numbers.
40 中断5秒钟 36 中断5秒钟 10
40, break five. 36, break five. Ten.
-104次迅速脉动 -老天
– 104 rapid pulses. – Lord!
60秒后整个过程开始重复
Wait 60 seconds and the whole doggone thing repeats.
-讯号♥从哪里来的? -就在附近
– Where are the signals from? – The neighborhood.
光旅行的时间 大概7秒
Light-travel time, roughly 7 seconds.
正好在黄道平面上
Well within the plane of the ecliptic.
这些有规律的信♥号♥♥
Are these non-random signals here,
40 36 10 是响应那个的么?
40, 36, 10, in response to that?
应该是 我们已经发送这个组合好几星期了
No, they should be. We’ve sent this combination out for weeks.
我们得回来的只是数字
All we’re getting back are numbers.
这也可能说明印度的音乐进了一个死胡同
This could mean the India sounds reached a dead end.
他们并不说明任何问题
They don’t mean a thing.
有很多我们不知道的事情
There’s so much we don’t know.
那些信♥号♥♥从哪里来的?
How about where the signals originate?
对不起
Excuse me.
什么字母是104?
What letter is 104?
对不起
Excuse me.
我在做法语翻译之前
Before I got paid to speak French…
是绘制地图的
I used to read maps.
这第一个数字是经度
This first number is a longitude.
2组3个号♥码
Two sets of three numbers.
度 分和秒
Degrees, minutes and seconds.
第一个号♥码有3个数字 最后2个数字小于60
The first number has three digits, and the last two are below 60.
这不是在空中上升或下降
It’s not in the right ascension and declination on the sky.
这一定是地球坐标
These have to be Earth coordinates.
办公室有一个地球仪
There’s a globe in the office.
这就是我们需要的
This is what we need.
可能有一个钉子在下面
Maybe there’s a release pin underneath here.
这个地球仪要2500元 你们在做什么?
That’s a $2500 globe! What are you doing?
好了各位 安静 放下来
All right, everybody, quiet down! Hold it down!
天线 真是愚蠢
The antenna. How dumb!
-这指的是哪个方向? -东北
– Which way’s it pointing? – Northeast.
那是怀俄明州
That’s Wyoming.
我们需要怀俄明州的地理勘测地图
We’ll need a geodetic survey map of Wyoming.
找一个正方形的空地
I want it to the square yard.
军队有怀俄明州的地理勘测地图
The Army has a geodetic survey map of Wyoming.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!