Somebody that could show you some attention or affection?
那些能给你一些关心或爱护的人?
Yes.
是的
A child takes affection where he can get it.
孩子都会随遇而安
And one evening, over dinner,
一天晚上, 在吃晚饭时
my brother delightfully told my father on me.
我的哥哥高兴地向父亲告我的状
He puts his food in his pockets to give to the dogs later
他把吃的放到口袋里, 等会儿去喂狗
No.
没有
That’s a lie.
你撒谎
I swear.
我发誓
Cross my heart.
向天发誓
Swear to die.
撒谎就死
Now you love dogs, huh?
现在你爱狗 啊?
Yes.
是的
Please.
求你
Not at the table.
别在餐桌上
More than you love your own family?
比你爱自己的家人还多?
I do.

Dogs!
爱狗
Dogs!
爱狗
You piece of shit!
你个垃圾
Then he took my tears as an admittance of guilt.
然后, 他把我的眼泪当成了认罪
And from that day forward, I was no longer welcome in my father’s house.
从那天起, 我在父亲的屋里就不再受欢迎了
Then occasionally… -This is your family now!
然后偶尔… -现在这就是你的家人了
And your mother?
你母亲呢?
Oh, my mother, she did the only thing she could do.
哦, 我的母亲, 她做了她唯一能做的事
Some things for you.
这些东西给你
You have to bury them.
你必须埋起来
If your father finds them, he’ll go crazy.
如果被你父亲发现, 他又要发疯了
I don’t remember exactly what she said, just her face was red and wet.
我不记得她具体说了什么, 只记得她的脸又红又湿
And she apologized.
她还道了歉
I love you.
我爱你
Have a sweet.
祝你愉快
She was pregnant?
她怀孕了?
Yeah, seven months.
对, 七个月
I guess she wanted to offer her child a better life than my brother and I’s.
我猜她想让她的孩子过上比我和哥哥更好的生活
Did you ever try to run away?
你有没有试过逃跑?
Or where?
逃去哪?
See, on one side of the pen was the back wall of a kind of shack,
看, 狗棚的后面一侧就是另一个棚子的墙壁
piled high of all kinds of stuff.
那棚子里面堆满了各种杂物
And one day, by scratching at the wood,
有一天, 我推了几下木头,
I was able to squeeze my tiny hands through
就能把小手伸进去
and found a stack of magazines that my mom had been hiding for the obvious reason.
发现了一摞我妈妈藏起来的杂♥志♥, 因为那个显而易见的原因
A little window through which I could finally see the world.
通过这扇小洞, 我终于看到了这个世界
You see, I got my whole schooling from Modern Woman and the American Magazine.
你看, 我受的全部教育, 都来自《现代女性》和《美国杂♥志♥》
Did you ever realize that your situation wasn’t normal?
你有没有意识到你这种情况并不是正常的?
Yeah, I did.
是的 我知道
And how long did you stay in that cage?
你在笼子里待了多久?
Hard to tell.
很难说
Did you resent your mother for abandoning you like that?
你怨恨你的母亲这样抛弃你吗?
No.

My mother was weak.
我的母亲是个弱者
It was her biggest flaw and greatest stroke of luck.
这是她最大的缺点, 也是最大的幸运
In the wild, the weak are immediately eliminated, devoured by the others.
在野外, 弱者会被立即淘汰, 被其他动物吞食
But with humans, the weak and cowardly always find a way to survive.
但对于人类来说, 懦弱无能者总能找到方法活下去
For a while, at least.
至少能活上一段时间
Because in the end, God always knows his own.
因为归根结底, 人总是要死的
One more, for Mommy?
再来一口, 为了妈妈?
Yeah.

You like that, Yummy?
你喜欢这个, 好吃吧?
One more bite.
再来一口
How was work?
工作怎么样?
Heavy.
沉重
So his Dad crawling around the neighborhood today.
今天他爸爸来附近转悠了
He’s not supposed to be in rehab?
他不是应该在戒毒所吗?
Yes, he is.
是的
I thought the judge forbid him to come near the house.
我以为法官已经禁止他靠近这房♥子了
Yes, she did.
是的
He can be violent.
他可能会来硬的
Yes, I know that, Mom.
是的, 我知道, 妈妈
Like your dad.
就像你♥爸♥爸一样
I know that, too.
这我也知道
I’m not going anywhere, baby.
我哪儿也不去, 宝贝
You know it’s your fault Mom bailing on us.
你知道这都是你的错, 妈妈抛弃了我们
You made Dad so unhappy that she couldn’t stand it anymore.
你让爸爸很不开心, 她再也无法忍♥受了
Being so pig-headed the whole time.
老是那么猪脑子
So misery all around you.
把自己搞这么悲惨
But you’re just a lost sheep.
但你只是一只迷途的羔羊
And with God’s help,
在上帝的帮助下
Dad will get you back on the right path.
爸爸会让你回到正确的道路上
Pray and repent, young pagan.
祈祷和忏悔吧, 小异教♥徒♥
The wages of sin is death, but the gift
罪的工价是死亡, 但神的恩赐
of God is eternal life in Christ our Lord.
是在我们的主基♥督♥里获得永生
Got it?
明白了吗?
IN THE NAME OF GOD
以上帝之名
Hi, I’m here to talk to Dogman.
嗨, 我是来找狗神的
This way, young man.
这边请, 年轻人
Don’t be afraid.
别害怕
They won’t hurt you.
他们不会伤害你
I apologize, but it’s near feeding time.
我很抱歉, 但快到喂食时间了
The agitation is quite high.
他们相当兴奋
You look oddly familiar.
你看起来怪面熟的
Have we met?
我们见过面吗?
Yeah, I, uh… I came here a few months ago with my cousin Pablo.
是的, 我, 呃….我几个月前和我表弟巴勃罗一起来过
We, uh, we did all the electrical.
我们, 呃, 我们安装了所有的电器设备
Juan, right?
胡安, 对吗?
Yeah.
是啊
Yes.
是的
Please, take a seat.
请坐
Something to drink?
喝点什么?
Uh, it’s okay.
没事的
I’m not really thirsty.
我真的不渴
So what brings you here, Juan?
什么风把你吹来了, 胡安?
It’s Martha.
是玛莎
Martha.
玛莎
She very kindly delivers my laundry from time to time.
她非常好心 时不时地帮我送洗衣物
A great woman.
好女人
Yeah.
是啊
Well, she found a little dog in the street,
她在街上发现了一只小狗
you know, and she thought… -Oh, my gosh.
你知道, 她想… -天哪
She thought it’d be happier here, you know, with you.
她觉得它和你在一起会更幸福
Really?
真的吗?
What a little marvel.
真是个小奇迹
It’s an Australian labradoodle.
这是一只澳大利亚拉布拉多犬
You know, most are imported illegally.
要知道, 大部分都是非法进口的
Many that go unsold get killed by the dealers or tossed out the car window.
很多卖♥♥不出去的 都被经销商杀了 或扔到车窗外面去了
That’s likely what happened to this little guy.
这个小家伙很可能就是这样
He’s injured his back leg.
他的后腿受伤了
Oh, poor thing.
真可怜
Well, don’t you worry.
别担心
You fell from heaven to exactly the right place.
你从天上掉下来, 正好来对了地方
I’m gonna call you gorgeous.
我要叫你小美
Yes.
是的
Be sure to thank Martha for me and tell her
一定要替我感谢玛莎, 并告诉她
if there’s anything I can do, just ask.
如果有什么我能做的, 尽管开口
Actually, she has a small problem.
其实, 她遇到了个小麻烦
Go ahead.
说吧
Well, there’s a gang in town led by a guy.
镇上有个帮派, 头目叫
Goes by Elver Dugo.
叫什么埃尔·维杜戈.
The executioner.
刽子手
He just opened a bar on 3rd Street, is that correct?
他刚在第三街开了一家酒吧, 是吗?