是的 我听说
Yes, I have heard of that, Jack, yes.
-好 你明白是什么吗 -不 我不明白
-Do you know what it is? -No, no, I don’t know what it is.
你没有认识到氟化
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived
是我们面临的最恐怖的共♥产♥主义阴谋吗
and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?
这游戏可二人玩 士兵
Two can play at that game, soldier.
射得好 士兵
That’s nice shooting, soldier!
-曼德克 来 -你叫我吗 杰克
-Mandrake, come here. -You calling me, Jack?
来帮我输送弹带
Come over here and help me with this belt.
对这机器我没有经验
I haven’t had very much experience with those sort of machines.
我仅按过老式战斗机的按钮
I’ve only ever pressed a button in my old Spitfire.
来这里帮我输送弹带
In the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress, feed me this belt.
我是愿意
Jack, I’d love to come, but what’s happened, you see…
但我的腿不灵
the string in my leg is gone.
-什么 -腿
-The what? -The string. I never told you.
我的腿不灵 糟 垮了
I’ve got a gammy leg. Oh, dear. Gone. Shot off.
曼德克 快来 他们来了
Mandrake, come over here. The redcoats are coming.
爆♥炸♥后 会产生大量核溢出
When it is detonated, it will produce enough radioactive fallout
十个月内地球就会和月球一样死寂
so that in ten months the surface of the Earth will be as dead as the moon!
这很可笑
Come on, De Sadesky! That’s ridiculous!
我们的研究表明二周后溢出物就没危险
Our studies show even the worst fallout is down to a safe level after two weeks.
你显然没有听说过氯化钴G
You never heard of cobalt theoium G.
-它怎样 -它的放射半衰期要93年
-What about it? -Cobalt thorium G has a radioactive half-life of 93 years.
如果你用50颗氢弹
If you take 50 H bombs in the 100 megaton range and
与氯化钴G放一起
jacket them with cobalt thorium G
爆♥炸♥后就会是世界末日
when they are exploded, they will produce a doomsday shroud
一层放射云
a lethal cloud of radioactivity
会环绕地球93年
which will encircle the Earth for 93 years!
真是放狗屁!
What a load of Commie bull. I mean, after all.
恐怕我还是不懂
I’m afraid I don’t understand something, Alexi.
总理在威胁爆♥炸♥那装置吗
Is the premier threatening to explode it if our planes carry out their attack?
不 这不是一个聪明人会做的
No, sir. It is not a thing a sane man would do.
世界末日装置自动启动
The doomsday machine is designed to trigger itself automatically.
-但你总懂得怎去关掉它
-Surely you can disarm it somehow.
-如有人想关掉它 它就自动爆♥炸♥
-It is designed to explode if any attempt is made to un-trigger it.
这明显是个共♥产♥阴谋 我们浪费了宝贵的时间
Automatically? It’s a Commie trick! We’re wasting valuable time!
-他们已准备好修理我们
-Look at the big board! They’re getting ready to clobber us!
-这绝对疯狂
-This is absolute madness.
-为什么你要建这东西
-Why should you build such a thing?
-我们的钱不够花费
-There are those of us who fought against it.
但是最后
But in the end,
我们不能维持军备竞赛
we could not keep up with the expense involved in the arms race,
太空竞赛 和平竞赛的开支
the space race and the peace race.
我们的人♥民♥已抱怨 要更多尼龙丝♥袜♥和洗衣机
At the same time, our people grumbled for more nylons and washing machines.
我们的世界末日计划花费了
Our doomsday scheme cost us
我们军备的一小部份
just a small fraction of what we have been spending on defense in a single year.
当我们听说你有类似的计划
The deciding factor was when we learned your country was working similarly and
我们就决定实践
we were afraid of a doomsday gap!
-我从来没证实它
-This is preposterous! I’ve never approved of anything like that.
-我们的消息来源是纽♥约♥时♥报♥
-Our source was The New York Times.
奇爱博士 你有这样的计划吗
Dr. Strangelove, do we have anything like that in the works?
总统先生 等等
A moment, please, Mr. President.
在我的授权之下
Under the authority granted me
作为武器研究和发展主任
as director of weapons research and development
我去年主持了一项研究
I commissioned last year a study of this project by the Bland Corporation.
根据结果我的结论是
Based on the findings of the report
合作不能起到有效遏制♥作♥用
my conclusion was that this idea was not a practical deterrent
这是基于显而易见的原因
for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious.
那么是有可能建这样一个东西
You mean it is possible for them to have built such a thing?
技术上的要求
Mr. President, the technology required is easily within the means
任何核子势力也有
of even the smallest nuclear power.
只要想造就行
It requires only the will to do so.
怎么可能这装置不能被关掉
But how is it possible for this thing to be triggered automatically
就算同时触发也不可能
and at the same time impossible to un-trigger?
这不但是可能 更是基本的
Mr. President, it is not only possible it is essential.
这就是整个设计思想
That is the whole idea of this machine, you know.
遏制是使敌人产生一种意识的艺术
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy
害怕进攻
the fear of attack.
自动作决定的过程
And so because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process
就排除了人为干涉
which rules out human meddling the doomsday machine is terrifying
这机器变成为可怕
and simple to understand
又简单 又可信
and completely credible and convincing.
我想要一个
I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
它如何能启动
But this is fantastic, Strangelove. How can it be triggered automatically?
很简单
It’s remarkably simple to do that.
如果你只要毁掉 炸♥弹♥大小就不重要
When you merely wish to bury bombs there’s no limit to the size.
此外 它连在一部巨大的电脑上
After that, they are connected to a gigantic complex of computers.
特别而明晰地定义环境
Now then, a specific and clearly defined set of circumstances
在哪种情况下炸♥弹♥就爆♥炸♥
under which the bombs are to be exploded
编程进一磁带记忆库
is programmed into a tape memory bank.
奇爱 这是什么名字 不是德国名
Hmm. Strangelove? What kind of a name is that? That ain’t no Kraut name, is it?
他成为公民时改了过去姓默吾第格列波
He changed it when he became a citizen. It used to be Merkwurdichliebe.
德国人用别名
Well, a Kraut by any other name, uh, Stainsey?
这装置的重点已经
The whole point of the doomsday machine
失传了 如果你愿意保密
is lost if you keep it a secret!
为什么你不将它向世界公布
Why didn’t you tell the world?
本来是在星期一♥党♥代会上宣布的
It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday.
总理喜爱令人吃惊
As you know, the premier loves surprises.
(和平是我们的职守)
别走 曼德克
Stay with me, Mandrake.
给我输弹带
All right, now feed me. Feed me, boy.
我们是不是应该离这些飞溅的玻璃远点
Don’t you think we’d be better off away from this flying glass?
不 没关系
We’re okay here.
除了氟化水还有别的研究在进行
Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating the water
氟化盐 面粉 果汁
there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour fruit juices,
汤 糖 牛奶
soup, sugar, milk, ice cream?
冰淇淋 曼德克 小孩子的冰淇淋
Ice cream. Children’s ice cream.
-你知道氟化什么时候开始吗 -不知道
-You know when fluoridation first began? -No, I don’t, Jack.
1946! 1946! 曼德克
1946. 1946, Mandrake.
怎么和战后共♥产♥同谋相吻合
How does that coincide with your postwar Commie conspiracy, huh?
这太明显了 不是吗
It’s incredibly obvious, isn’t it?
我们的体液里引入了外面物质
A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids
我们不知道
without the knowledge of the individual.
没有任何选择
Certainly without any choice.
这是共♥产♥党的方式
That’s the way a hard-core Commie works.
杰克 告诉我
Jack. Tell me, Jack.
何时你开始有这理论
When did you first become Well, develop this theory?

Well, l
我首次查觉到是在
l first became aware of it, Mandrake
肉体性♥爱♥时
during the physical act of love.
巨大的疲惫感 随之是空无的感觉
Yes, a profound sense of fatigue feeling of emptiness followed.
幸运的是我能正确地解释这些感觉
Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly.
-失去精髓 -对
-Loss of essence. -Yes
我不能保证那不会再发生
I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake.
女人感觉我们的力量
Women sense my power
她们一直追逐生命之髓
and they seek the life essence.
我不会躲女人 曼德克
I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
但我拒绝给她们生命之髓
But I do deny them my essence.
是 是
Yes, yes, Jack.
-我的人已投降 -好的
-Cease fire! -My boys must have surrendered.
听 如有时间 召回支队
Jack, listen. While there’s still time, I beg you, let’s recall the Wing and
他们就像是我的孩子 他们现在让我丢丑
Those boys were like my children. Now they let me down.
不 杰克 不要 我想他们都尽力了
No, not a bit. I’m sure they all gave it their very best.
他们肯定非常想念你 杰克
I’m equally sure they all died thinking of you every man jack of them, Jack.
假定有些水丢失
Supposing a bit of water has gone off, eh?
你不可能太肯定
Certainly one can never be too sure about those things.
看着我 我看上去腐烂凝结了吗
But look at me. Do I look all rancid and clotted? Look at me, Jack. Look.
我喝很多水 你都可以叫我水人
And I drink a lot of water. I’m what you might call a water man.
我发誓
And I can swear to you, my boy,
我的体液决无问题
swear to you that there’s nothing wrong with my bodily fluids.
-决没有 -你曾是战俘吗
-Not a thing, Jackie. -Mandrake, were you ever a prisoner of war?
-时间真快 -什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!