Ah!
啊!
这个人的工作,最终使我们发现了一个未知的领域,
那就是,人类的思想。
他的工作和研究引起了全世界的关注,
并为奥地利,带来了科学各界的认可。
我很荣幸,将歌♥德奖授予希格蒙德·弗洛伊德博士。
They’ve never given the Goethe prize to a psychoanalyst before.
他们以前从来没有,把“歌♥德奖”颁给精神分♥析♥学家。
(一项极高荣誉的德国文学奖,得奖人并不只限于作家)
They’ve never had psychoanalysts in Germany before.
他们以前从未在德国,有过精神分♥析♥学家这一职业。
Here’s my prize with whom I am well-pleased.
这是我的奖品,我很高兴。
Good…
很好…
Ja.
是的。
-Dr. Freud, are you all right? -Ah!
-弗洛伊德博士,你没事吧? -啊!
Here is my prize with whom I am well-pleased.
这是我的奖品,我很满意。
-My favorite flower… azalea.-Oh.
-这是我最喜欢的花…杜♥鹃♥花。 -哦。
Wait one moment.
等一下。
Ja.
好的。
Ah!
啊!
Ja!
行了!
-Das ist gut. -Thank you.
-这样很好。 -谢谢你。
Since we have so little time,we should talk about why I wrote you.
既然我们时间不多,我们应该谈谈,我为什么写信给你。
Oh, yes, yes, my book, Pilgrim’s Regress.
哦,是的,是的,那是我的书,《天路回归》。
Oh, yes. It was a satirical parody based on,
哦,是的。它是根据《天路历程》
uh, The Pilgrim’s Progress,was it not?
改编的讽刺剧,对吧?
By… What’s his name? Don’t tell me, don’t tell me.
是由…作者叫什么来着? 别告诉我,别提醒我。
-John Bunyan, correct? -Yes.
-约翰.班扬? -是的。
Ja. Ah, John Bunyan.
没错。约翰.班扬。
Now, he was a true genius.
你看,他可真是个天才。
Ja. And I think your satire would’ve been quite splendid.
你看,我认为,你的讽刺很精彩。
That is, if anyone still reads John Bunyan.
如果,现如今,还有人读约翰.班扬的书的话。
It’s my understanding that what I have written offends you.
我的理解是,我写的书冒犯了您。
Offends me how?
怎么就冒犯我了?
Well, my satirizing you with the Sigmund character.
我用“希格蒙德”这个角色,讽刺了您。
Bombastic, vain, ignorant.
书中的他,夸夸其谈,虚荣,无知。
Oh.
哦。
Perhaps I was a little overzealous.
也许我有点,过分热衷了。
I’m sorry if you took it as a personal attack.
如果您把它当作个人攻击,我很抱歉。
But I cannot apologize for challenging your worldview
when it fully negates my own.
但我不能,因为挑战您的世界观而道歉,因为这样就,完全否定了我的世界观。
Which is?
哪一种?
That there is a God.
上帝是存在的。
That a man doesn’t have to be an imbecile
相信他的人,不一定是白♥痴♥。
to believe in him. And those of us who do, are not suffering
而我们这些有这种想法的人,并没有患上
from an obsessional neurosis.
“强迫性神经症”。
Oh, really? Oh.
哦,真的吗?哦。
Well, most interesting.Good.
嗯,挺有意思。很好。
Interesting. See,I’ve never read your book.
更有趣的是,我从未读过你的书。
“As I wandered through the wilderness of this world,
“当我漫步在这世界的旷野时,
I lighted on a certain place wherein I found a den,
“我偶然发现了一个地方,在那里我发现了一个洞穴,
and in that place,I laid me down to sleep,
“在那里我躺下睡觉,
and as I slept, I dreamed a dream.”
“当我睡着的时候,我做了一个梦”
John Bunyan.
约翰.班扬。
(英格兰著名作家、布道家。斯图亚特王朝复辟后,
当局借口未经许可而传教,把他抓捕入狱。狱中写就《天路历程》)
Ja. Professor Lewis,forgive me,but I must ask you this.
好的,刘易斯教授,原谅我,但我必须问你一件事。
Why would you come here to see me
if you disagree so passionately with my views?
如果你如此强烈地不同意我的观点,为什么还要来见我?
Well, not all of them.
好吧,不是所有的。
When I was a student,
we devoured your every book to discover our latent perversions.
当我是一个学生的时候,我们把您的每一本书都啃读了,以找出我们潜在的误解。
I was shocked when I read that you declared
Pilgrim’s Progressa work of genius. Seriously?
我刚听到你说,《天路历程》是天才之作时,我很震惊。不会吧?
A clash between God and Satan?
这是上帝与撒旦之间的冲突吗?
Ah. But I did not say whose side I was on, did I?
啊,但我没有说我站在哪一边,对吧?
You’ve always insisted that the concept of God is ludicrous.
你一直坚持认为,心存上帝的观念,是荒谬的。
-Yes. -So, why do you care
-是的。 -那你为什么介意
what I think if you’re satisfied in your disbelief? Why…
我在想什么,如果您满足于您的怀疑论? 为什么…
Why am I here?
为什么我出现在这里?
Why?
为什么?
Uh, curiosity.
呃,很有趣。
Why someone of your supreme intellect
would suddenly abandon truth and then…
为什么,像你这么聪明的人,会突然放弃真♥相♥,然后…
…then embrace a ludicrous dream, an insidious lie.
…然后围绕着一个可笑的梦,一个潜在的谎言。
What if it isn’t a lie? Hmm?
如果这不是谎言,又将如何?嗯?
You ever considered how terrifying it would be
to realize that you were wrong?
你有没有想过,意识到自己错了,会有多可怕?
Ooh!
喔!
Not half as terrifying as it would be for you, my friend.
我的朋友,没有比你更可怕的一半了。
No, no.
没有,没有。
You said earlier that you challenge my worldview.
你之前说过,你挑战了我的世界观。
You challenge my belief in disbelief.
你挑战了我的无神论的信念。
-Is that correct? -I do, yes.
-对吗? -我想,是的。
Good. Wunderbar.
很好。太神奇了。
Welcome to my den.
欢迎来到我的巢穴。
Oh. One moment.
哦。稍等。
Hello? Anna?
你好?安娜?
Have you frightened off your professor yet?
你把来找你的教授,吓跑了吗?
Not yet.
还没跑。
Soon, perhaps.
也许,快了。
You go back to your lectures.
你得回去上课了。
-Das ist gut. -All right.
-一切正常。 -那好吧。
Have a good day.
好好地过一天。
His daughter?
他的女儿?
I don’t pay tuition to listen to her opinions.
我付学费,不是为了听她的观点。
She’s not even a doctor.
她甚至连博士都不是。
Why should I waste my time listening to her lecture?
我为什么要浪费时间,听她讲课呢?
You shouldn’t, Mr. Hensell.You’re right.
你是不该来的,亨汉塞尔先生。你是对的。
You’ll learn nothing.
你啥也学不到。
I’m sure you know all there is to know about adolescent narcissism.
我相信,你知道所有,关于青少年自恋症的知识。
Did you speak to your father about tonight?
你今晚,跟你父亲谈过了吗?
You do know we are about to be at war, don’t you?
你知道我们就要开战了,对吧?
Well, that’s nothing new for him.
这对他来说,不是什么新鲜事。
Never met anyone more bellicose.
从未遇上这样的劲敌。
-You used to find him charming. -Did I?
-你曾经发现他很迷人。 -我是吗?
I hardly remember.
我几乎不记得了。
Dorothy, be reasonable.
多萝西,理智点。
I’m in England, aren’t I? With you.
我在英格兰,不是吗? 和你在一起。
“Reasonable” would be that we at least shared the same roof.
We did in Vienna.
“理智些”应该是,我们至少住在同一个屋檐下。就像我们在维也纳那样。
Children don’t even understand.
孩子们甚至都不明白。
Didn’t know your father had such delicate sensibilities.
不知道你父亲,有这种微妙的情感。
I have a lecture. Find me later.
我有个讲座。过会儿再找我。
I always do.
我已经找过了。
-Good morning, gentlemen. -Good morning.
-早上好,同学们。 -早上好。
Shall we begin?
我们开始上课吗?
Sit, please.
请坐。
Not there. That’s the transformation couch.
别坐那儿。那是折叠沙发。
-You be careful. -Of course.
-你要小心。 -当然。
A colleague of mine,Erik Larson,
我的一个同事,埃里克·拉尔森,
he telephoned me this morning
他今早打电♥话♥给我
to tell me he knows a colleague of yours, Mr. Tolkien.
说他认识你的一个同事,托尔金先生。
Yes. Yes, we’re close friends.
是的。是的,我们是亲密的朋友。
Oh. John Tolkien?
哦。约翰.托尔金?
(英国作家、诗人、语言学家及牛津大学教授)
Mm.
嗯。
(《霍比特人》《魔戒》与《精灵宝钻》的作者)
Brilliant. Genius.
聪明,有天赋。
So, tell me,what exactly are the Inklings?
那就给我讲讲,你们那个小团体“墨像社”?
That’s what we call our literary group at Oxford.
那是我们在牛津成立的文学社团的名字。
We discuss each other’s work.
我们彼此讨论作品。
Mostly fantasies?
主要是虚幻类的?
Often, yes.
经常吧,是的。
I’ve spent most of my life examining fantasies,
trying to make sense of dreams.
我穷尽毕生,都在探讨梦境的问题。
And yet, at my age, I don’t…
然而,在我这个年纪,我没有…
I don’t know what I think anymore.
我还没搞清,自己在想什么。
And given what little time I have left in this strange house,
perhaps I should start
考虑到,我在这所奇怪的房♥子里,留下的时间,也许我应该
by trying to make sense of reality. Whatever that is.
先试着弄明白现实。不管那是什么。
Maybe it is all a dream in the end.