如果我出了什么事,
take care of my mother.
照顾好我妈妈。
And if anything happens to you,
如果你出了什么事,
I’ll do the same for your father.
我也会为你父亲,做同样的事。
That’s an order.
这是命令。
So, how much of that day do you remember?
你还记得那天,发生了多少事?
Little to none. I was…
一点也不。我是…
It was chaos from the outset.
从一开始,就是一片混乱。
It was my last time over the bags.
这是我最后一次,跌倒在沙包上。
Jack, are you all right? Come on!
杰克,你还好吗?来吧!
Paddy and I made it into no-man’s-land.
帕迪和我,冲进了无人区。
Jack!
杰克!
Jack! Jack, we can’t stay here!
杰克!杰克,我们不能停留在这儿!
Hel…
救…
Help!
救护!
Help! Please help!
救护!请救我!
Help!
救命!
Please help!
请救救我!
-Lewis? -Yes. He’s over there.
-刘易斯? -是的,他在那儿。
Well, I was going to take you out dancing.
我本来想带你出去跳舞的。
I think we’ll have to settle for a picnic here instead.
我想我们只好在这里野餐了。
Mrs. Moore?
莫尔夫人?
I’m so sorry.
我很抱歉。
Right.
正好。
I can’t tell you what your visit means to me.
我无法告诉你,你的来访,对我有多重要。
The letters you wrote to me after Paddy’s death,
帕迪死后,你写给我的那些信,
they keep me close to him.
让我觉得,还和他在一起。
He carried this with him.
他总随身带着这个。
The shrapnel that killed him,
杀死他的弹片,
part of it is… still in my chest.
其中有部分…还在我的胸膛里。
It’s too close to my heart to remove it.
它离我的心脏,太近了。
Now, Jack, um,
你看,杰克,嗯,
we need to talk about something quite serious.
我们得谈谈,很严肃的事。
You told me about the promise that you and Paddy made to each other.
你告诉我,你和帕迪彼此的承诺。
-Mm-hmm. -It’s a lovely gesture,
-是的。 -这是一个可爱的举动,
but… I don’t need anyone to be my guardian angel.
但是…我不需要任何人,做我的守护天使。
I might look ancient to you, but–
你可能觉得我很老,但是…
No, you…
不,你…
Quite the opposite.
恰恰相反。
The right reply.
回答得体。
Not to mention that I don’t believe in angels.
更别提,我不相信有天使。
Or depending on anyone but myself.
或者依赖于任何人,除了我自己。
Let’s not look at it like a guardianship then.
让我们不要像监护一样,看待这个问题。
Let’s call it a friendship.
让我们称之为友谊。
Agreed.
同意。
A friendship.
一种友谊。
Your friend’s mother.
你朋友的母亲。
-I made a promise. -Hmm.
-我做了承诺。 -嗯。
How long have you had this relationship?
这种关系,有多久了?
I wouldn’t call it a relationship.
我不认为,这是一种关系。
Any bond between two people is a relationship.
两个人之间的任何联♥系♥,都是一种关系。
How old is she?
她现在多大年纪?
Mrs. Moore was in her early 40s.
莫尔夫人,40岁出头。
Oh. Hmm.
哦,嗯。
Does Mrs. Moore have a first name?
莫尔夫人,名字叫什么?
Janie.
詹妮。
Janie. Ooh.
詹妮。喔。
Tell me, did you find Janie an attractive woman
告诉我,当你第一次见到詹妮的时候,你发现珍妮是个
-when you first met her? -She was my friend’s mother.
-有吸引力的女人吗? -她是我朋友的母亲。
All the more reason to find her more attractive.
所以,更有理由,觉得她更有魅力。
Often, men who lose their mothers at an early age
are drawn to more mature women.
通常,年纪轻轻就失去母亲的男性,会被更成熟的女性所吸引。
I resent the implication,
我讨厌这种暗示,
and my personal life is really not your concern.
我的个人生活,真的不用你关心的。
-Oh, really? -Mm.
-哦,真的? -嗯。
But your conversion is.
但你是皈依的。
It fascinates me.
它让我好奇着迷。
Ja.
是的。
You lived with her, with Janie,in your days as an atheist,
在你还是无神论者的时候,你和她,和詹妮住在一起,
so I would like to know whether your conversion
所以我想知道,是你的皈依
or your battle trauma caused you a newfound virginity.
还是你的战争创伤,让你重获童贞。
I won’t discuss this any further.
我不会再讨论这个问题了。
My private life is precisely that. Yes.
我的私人生活正是这样。是的。
As you wish.
如你所愿。
Hmm.
嗯。
But I consider what people tell me far less interesting
但我认为,人们告诉我的远不如
than what they choose not to tell me.
他们选择不告诉我的有趣。
Well, bully for you.
那就欺负你一回。
Let me.
我来。
Hello. Can I help you?
你好。我能帮你吗?
No one can today, I’m afraid.
我恐怕,今天无人能帮我。
Is Miss Freud in?
弗洛伊德小姐在吗?
No, I’m afraid not. No. She’s–
不,恐怕不在。不。她是…
Who is it?
来者何人?
Oh, it’s, it’s Ernest, Sigmund.
哦,是我,欧内斯特,希格蒙德。
Hi, Ernest.
你好,欧内斯特。
Dr. Ernest Jones.
欧内斯特.琼斯博士。
Jack Lewis. Pleasure.
杰克.刘易斯。幸会。
I should leave you to your doctor.
我该把你交给你的医生了。
He’s not my physician.
他不是我的治疗医师。
I’ll take a walk around,get some air. Yes.
我想出去走走,呼吸点新鲜空气。好的。
That’s good.
很好。
Take Jofi with you.
带上乔菲。
Come in.
请进。
Right.
好了。
Let’s go into the garden before it gets dark.
让我们在天黑前,在花♥园♥坐一会儿。
Autumn evenings are drawing in now.
此时,秋天的夜晚越来越早了。
Yes. Thank you.
是的。谢谢你。
There we go.
我们走吧。
So, Ernest,to what do I owe the honor?
欧内斯特,什么风把你吹来了?
I’ve been told about a…
我听说了一个…
a first-rate psychoanalytic facility being
established in a town called Bury.
在一个叫伯里的小镇,建立了一流的精神分♥析♥机构。
It’s near Manchester.
它在曼彻斯特附近。
It’s going to be a teaching hospital.
它将成为一所教学医院。
You don’t… You don’t expect me to travel in my condition, do you?
你不会…你不会希望,我以这种状况去旅行吧?
-No. No, no. -Oh.
-不。不,不。 -哦。
I was thinking about Anna.
我在考虑安娜。
Oh, ja?
哦,是的。
-They’d love to have her.-Huh.
-他们很想,招聘她去。 -呃。
-She’d be safer there. -Ja.
-她在那里,更安全。 -是的。
That’s one thing.
这是一件事。
What’s the other?
还有别的吗?
Well, they’ve asked me to join the faculty.
他们要求我,加入教员队伍。
Oh, ja?
哦,好啊。
Ah.
啊。
Are you seeking a professional relationship with Anna,
你是想和安娜建立工作关系,
or is it a personal one?
还是个人原因?
Well, that would be Anna’s choice, don’t you think?
好吧,那将是安娜的选择,你不觉得吗?
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
Please. My father’s having a medical crisis.
请帮我,我父亲身体,出现了紧急病症。
He needs help immediately.
他需要立即救助。
Sorry, the pharmacist has left for today.
对不起,药剂师今天走了。
Can you call him back? My father’s Dr. Sigmund Freud.
你能给他回电♥话♥吗? 我父亲是希格蒙德·弗洛伊德博士。
The sex doc?
那个性♥爱♥博士?
Good luck to both of you. I’m sorry, ma’am.
祝你们俩好运。对不起,女士。
Has Anna given you any indication
that she would be interested in a relationship?
安娜有没有给你任何迹象表明,她会对一段感情感兴趣?
No, I’ve… I’ve spent…
不,我已经…我已经花费了…
very little time with her socially.
很少有时间,和她在社交上。
-Ja? -I just think she would only benefit from a…
-是吗? -我只是觉得她只会从…
a wider circle of professional and personal acquaintances.
更广泛的职业圈子,和个人生活圈子中受益。