部分场景和对话为虚构
但本片改编自真实事件
科学论文以及公共档案
这是个关于找寻时间起源的故事
斯德哥尔摩
1978年十二月
本尼迪克特·康伯巴奇
一切都要从头说起
It has to be back to the beginning.
那时我们要做的?-对,丹尼斯
Is that what we’re doing? – Yes, Dennis.
在开始之前,我们要搞清楚
One thing we have to know before we starts,
你们什么时候认识他的?
when did you meet him?
-什么时候? -你是指1963年吗
– Back then? – In 1963 you’re talking about?
你们了解他吗?
What did you make of him?
-不 -我们甚至不知道有这么个人
– We didn’t. – We didn’t meet him.
-他当时在英国 -我们当时在新泽西(美)
– He was in England. – We were in New Jersey.
等会儿
Wait a minute.
我们都不知道有他这么个人, 我们知道么?
We didn’t even know he existed. Did we know he existed?
我们根本不知道他是谁
Yeah, We had no idea who he was,
史蒂芬·霍金,他是谁呀?
Stephen Hawking, who is he?
都是十五年前了,鲍勃
It’s fifteen years ago, Bob.
不敢相信呀
Can you believe it?
光阴似箭啊,是吗?
Time flies, ha?
霍金的故事
“宇宙是没有起源的
“There was no beginning of the universe.
不论是过去 现在还是将来
Past, present, future.
宇宙一直存在 也会永远存在”
The universe has always existed and it always will.”
史蒂芬
Stephen?
“恒久不变”
“It stays the same.”
史蒂芬
Stephen?
这是什么?
What is it?
是什么呀?
What is it?
好了,等等 我们有多长时间
Ok, wait, how long we’ve got here?
我可不想迟到
I don’t want be late.
彭齐亚斯和威尔逊在获得1978年诺贝尔物理学奖,声称他们从未阅读过阿尔珀的任何论文。从1948年开始,阿尔珀就开始研究宇宙大爆♥炸♥理论,并发表了很多论文。不过,在当时的技术条件下,他的很多观点无法得到证实。后来研究方向转为别的。与诺奖失之交臂,由于争论不止,该项的诺奖的颁发也因此一拖再拖
阿诺·彭齐亚斯领诺贝尔奖算迟到吗?
Arno Penzias was late for his Noble Prize?
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
现在在拍吗?
Are we filming now?
是的
Yes.
我发誓,这是你一生中听到的
I swear to you, that this is the most profound thing
最深奥的东西
you’ll hear in your entire life.
您指的是这嘈杂声,还是接下来的故事?
The sound, or the story?
声音还是故事 两者有什么区别呢
The sound, or the story? What’s the difference?
圣奥尔本斯
1963年一月
原来你在这
There you are.
你妈妈让我来找你
Your mother sent me to find you.
“…旧的将被淘汰,由新的来顶替
“…new matter which has been created to replace all matter.
这一规则从古到今一直适用,未来也会。
This process has always existed and will continued forever.
什么都不会改变 一切都未曾改变”
Nothing changes. Nothing has ever changed.”
“这是我的理论 我将之命名为
“It’s my theory. I have given it a name.
恒稳态学说
I’ve called it: steady state.
晚安”
Goodnight.”
晚安 霍伊尔教授
Goodnight, professor Hoyle.
那就是霍伊尔?
That’s Hoyle?
那就是霍伊尔
That’s Hoyle.
-您好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello?
你是?
Who are you?
我是简·王尔德
I’m Jane Wilde.
-我们素未相识,是么? -是的
– We haven’t talked, have we? – No.
我是史蒂芬的朋友
I’m a friend of Stephen’s.
我们在邂逅于另一个派对,他邀请我参加
We met at another party and he invited me.
这个派对
To this party.
伊泽贝尔 伊泽贝尔
Isobel? Isobel!
嘿!
Hello.
最近怎样?
How are you?
挺好的
Fine.
我最近也挺好, 你呢
Good. You?
还是挺好的 谢谢
I’m still fine. Thanks.
抱歉
Sorry.
你 你的…
You’re, your-
噢,不,没事 谢谢
Oh, no, thanks, thank you very much.
真是繁琐的东西 是不是
There’re terrible thing, aren’t they?
嗯, 真麻烦
Yes. Terrible.
谢谢
Thanks.
史蒂芬
Stephen?
这是个派对 人家没准儿还想跳舞呢!
It’s a party. People might want to dance.
瓦格纳的音乐怎么伴舞啊
Can’t dance to Wagner.
-敬史蒂芬 -敬史蒂芬
– To Stephen. – To Stephen.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
我们出去会儿行么?
Shall we go outside?
什么
What?
它让我感到自己很渺小 非常渺小
It makes me feel… small. Very small.
外面的宇宙如九牛 我们只如一毛
All that out there, us here.
别担心 伽利略错了
Don’t worry. Galileo was wrong.
圣奥尔本斯才是宇宙的中心
St Albans is absolutely the central of the universe.
伽利略已死了 正好是321年前的今天
Galileo died. 321 years ago today.
在你的生日这天
On your birthday.
他改变了我们对一切的看法
He changed the way we thought about everything,
而人们害怕这种改变
people are frightened of change.
我爸和我过去常常半夜
My father and I used to come out here
来看这满天的繁星
in the middle of the night, and looked at the stars,
有次看到了一颗星的陨落
actually saw a star died once.
当然了 那其实发生在20万年以前
Of course it happened about two hundred thousand ago
但直到1956年的那个晚上这景象才传了过来
but the news didn’t reached and open the night in 56.
光速很快 但速度的大小还是有个数的
Light is fast, but it isn’t that fast.
抱歉 我净说物理了
Sorry. Physics.
他们都离我们好远呀
They’re all so far away.
但他们看起来不是这样的
But they don’t seem it, I mean,
我感觉似乎
it feel like I might
我一伸出手就能触摸到他们一样,那你最好快点
stretching and reaching them and might just touch them.
那你最好快点
You better hurry up, with your stretching and reaching,
因为他们会离我们越来越远
because it’s getting further away.
什么意思?
What?
银河系离我们越来越远了
The Galaxy is moving away from us
相对于我们,它曾达到时速六百万英里
it goes once about 6 million miles per hour,
但现在变成两亿英里每小时了
but this one’s about two hundreds million miles now.
我信上帝
I believe in God.
对不起 我就是不由得说出来的 我也不知道为什么
Oh, sorry. I just want to say, I don’t know why.
没关系
It’s all right.
你说你感到渺小
You said you felt small,
上帝会让你感到不那么渺小吗?
does God make you feel less small?
直觉没什么不对的 心理作用
It’s nothing wrong with feeling inside, it’s feeling matters.
所有最好的猜想都是先直觉估计,再去论证的。
All the best idea were felt and argued about later.
爱因斯坦说过
Einstein said he could
如果他的猜想是对的,他的小指就会有特殊的感觉
feel in his little finger if his idea was right.
有你做伴真好 你喜欢瓦格纳吗?
See you are a good company. And you like Wagner?
实际上 不,不太喜欢 我觉得他…
Actually… no. I don’t. I think he’s…
他怎么了?
What?
浮华 荒谬
Pompous, and ridiculous.
那你喜欢什么?
Who do you like then?
拉赫曼尼诺夫
Rachmaninov.
怎么了
What?
没什么.
Nothing.
那勃拉姆斯呢 史蒂芬
Brahms? Stephen?
我什么都没说啊
I didn’t say anything.
披头士
The Beatles.

Who?
算了
Never mind.

Jane?
什么事
Yes.
请取悦我吧[披头士的名曲]
Please please me.
什么
What?
爱我吧[披头士名曲]
Love me do.
我们该进去了
We should go in.
-我起不来 -别闹了
– I can’t get up. – Come on!
我起不来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!