Cuba to Florida. My swim. – Huh?
从古巴游到佛罗里达 – 啊?
You’re hilarious. Serve.
你真会说笑 发球
No, I’m not kidding, Bonnie.
我没开玩笑 邦妮
I’m going to do it.
我是说真的
No, that’s insane.
太荒唐了吧
You… you… you tried that when you were 28, and you did not make it when you were 28.
你28岁的时候试过了 当时都没成功
You’re 60.
你现在60岁了
Yeah, I don’t believe in imposed limitations.
没错 我不相信强加的限制
I don’t believe in any limitations.
我不相信任何限制
And that’s the reason to do it, not the other way around.
而且这正是现在游的理由 而不是不游的理由
I started with 20 minutes, then 20 more, just to see,
我从20分钟开始游 然后加20分钟 看看行不行
and I am up to four and five hours in the pool.
我现在可以在泳池里游四 五个小时
I don’t understand. You having, like, a mental breakdown or something?
我没搞明白 你是不是脑子坏了?
My mind has never been clearer.
我的脑子从没这么清醒过
Don’t you get it? The mind.
你难道不明白吗? 头脑
This is what I was missing when I was younger. I’ve got it now.
这正是我年轻时缺少的东西 现在我有了
The mind does not swim 100 miles across the ocean, right?
头脑不能跨洋游160公里
The body does.
身体才能
Yes. That’s the other piece of it.
对 这是另一部分
Oh, there’s another piece. – Yes.
还有另一部分 – 没错
I need to get myself functioning at the highest level.
我得把状态提到最高水平
You’ll be my coach.
你当我的教练
That’s why you wanted to play ping-pong. You never wanna play.
所以你才要打乒乓 你从来都不想打
No, no, so… Bonnie… – No, absolutely not. No, no, no.
不是的 邦妮… – 不行 绝对不行
Yeah, you said I needed to do something to get out of my funk.
你自己也说了 我得想办法摆脱情绪低落
I meant you should sign up for speed dating or get a therapist,
我的意思是你应该去相亲 或者看心理医生
not come out of a 30-year retirement for some dangerous, absurd fantasy.
不是退休了30年又付出 就为了实现危险而荒唐的幻想
I am doing it. I’m not done.
我已经下定决心 绝不会放弃
I have more in me and so do you.
我变得更强大了 你也一样
Come on. Don’t you wanna be fully engaged, fully awake,
拜托 你不想全身心参与进来吗?
your soul ignited by a purpose, a mission?
让远大的目标和使命点燃你的灵魂
It would be an amazing ride.
一定会很棒
Think about it, you and me,
考虑一下 咱们俩
a great adventure.
一起去拼搏
You were born to coach.
你天生就是当教练的料
And a coach needs an athlete.
教练需要运动员
No, no, no! Serve.
不行 不行 你发球吧
Okay.
好吧
Well, I’m doing a test swim down in Mexico.
我会南下墨西哥做一次试游
Come. Let me show you what I got.
来嘛 让你看看我的本事
Eight hours of serious currents in the open ocean.
在开放海域激烈水流中游八小时
Diana, enough. Zip it and serve.
戴安娜 够了 别说了 发球吧
You’d get a great tan.
你也能把皮肤晒得黝黑
莫雷洛斯港
墨西哥
I can’t believe you gotta put this on every single time.
你居然每次都要擦这个
You know, I feel like I forgot something.
我觉得我好像忘记了什么事
I… I put the Milk-Bones out for the dog, but Gus is gonna…
我把狗粮给了遛狗人 但是盖斯会…
Bonnie, Bonnie, need your undivided attention, okay?
邦妮 我需要你全神贯注 好吗?
I wanna be 30 feet from the boat
我要与船保持9米远的距离
with you drafting to my left so I can see you when I breathe.
你在我的左边 这样我呼吸的时候就能看见你
Copy that. – Okay?
收到 – 好吗?
How you feeling? Feeling okay? – No, I… I… I feel… I feel terrific.
你感觉怎么样? 还好吗? – 没事 我感觉特别好
Like I said five minutes ago.
我五分钟前说过了
All right.
好的
One, two, three, four.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three…
一 二 三 四
Diana, big long strokes!
戴安娜 大幅度划水!
Reach, reach, reach!
幅度大一点!
One, two…
一 二
All the intellectualizations that we learn to get by with during life
我们学到的一切用于生存的理性 都没用了
don’t count anymore, and it’s a very dreamlike state.
这是一种梦一般的状态
What do you think about? – Uh, I have a system of counting.
你对此有何想法? – 我有一个计数方法
A sort of hypnotic technique of singing songs…
一种唱歌♥来催眠的技术
You are worthless! I’ve already forgotten about you!
你们一点用都没有! 我已经把你们给忘记了!
All of you!
你们所有人!
You women! I’m done!
你们这帮女人! 我受够了!
I’m feeling that I’m as powerful as that ocean.
我觉得自己与海洋一样强大
I’m 30 feet wide, with incredible strength and shoulders.
我9米宽 有强大的力量和肩膀
Nothing’s gonna stop me to get to the other side.
没有什么能阻止我抵达彼岸
Diana Nyad’s been packaged as the invincible marathon swimmer.
戴安娜·耐德 是战无不胜的马拉松游泳选手
After a year of training,
经过一年的训练
she is in Havana ready to swim the 103 miles
她已经来到哈瓦那 准备从古巴游到佛罗里达礁岛群
from Cuba to the Florida Keys.
全程166公里
Nyad and her sponsors have spent about $150,000.
耐德及其赞助人已经花费约15万美元
40 by 22-foot long, 10-ton steel cage.
12米长 7米宽 重达10吨♥的钢制笼子
This is designed to protect Diana Nyad
专门用于保护戴安娜·耐德
from the sharks and Portuguese men of war
免受鲨鱼和僧帽水母的攻击
which will be making the swim alongside her.
游泳过程中 笼子将伴随着她
Diana Nyad will swim approximately
戴安娜·耐德将划水
a quarter of a million strokes.
大约25万次
She’ll lose about 20 pounds doing it,
在此过程中将损失9公斤体重
and everyone expects her to be hospitalized from exhaustion and exposure.
各方预计她将因极度疲惫 及在水中时间过长而入院治疗
If there was ever anyone who could do it, it’s now and it’s me.
如果有人能做到 那一定是现在的我
This swim is much, much closer to impossible than it is to possible.
这项挑战几乎是不可能完成的任务
It’s too cold. I can’t.
太冷了 我不行了
I just don’t think I can generate enough heat.
我恐怕没办法产生足够热量
I don’t know. What were you thinking? You pathetic, stupid…
我也说不好 你之前在想什么啊? 你又傻又可怜…
Hey, hey! No. No, no, no, no! – Stupid, stupid!
哎!别这样 – 傻!
None of that, none of that.
别这样
Don’t beat yourself up. You’re doing great.
别自责 你做得很好
Too cold.
太冷了
I can’t.
我不行了
Hold on, hold on.
坚持住
Let me get you a towel.
我给你一条毛巾
Okay, okay.
好的
I’m supposed to last 60 hours out there.
我要在水里游60小时
I can only do six.
但我却只能游6小时
What? How long did I make it?
怎么了? 我游了多久?
Four hours and fourteen minutes.
4小时14分钟
Let me ask you, could there be another dream?
我问你啊 能不能换一个梦想?
Why… why would you say that to me?
你为什么这么说?
I talked to Steve Munatones, you know, the open water swimming guy…
我和史蒂夫·穆纳托内斯聊过 开放水域游泳的那个男的…
Yes. I know who he is, Bonnie! – Okay. All right.
嗯 我知道他是谁 邦妮! – 好吧
Well, he doesn’t think you can do it,
他觉得你完不成
and he put me in touch with a doctor,
他介绍我认识了一个医生
uh, you know, big sports medicine guy, and he doesn’t think you can do it either.
运动医疗大♥师♥ 他也觉得你完不成
What exactly did they say?
他们具体怎么说的?
Well, they’ve been studying athletes, you know, for a long time,
他们研究运动员很久了
and, um, they don’t believe that Cuba to Florida is humanly possible.
他们认为 人类不可能从古巴游到佛罗里达
I mean, especially not for a woman, especially not for someone your age.
尤其是女性 而且还是你这个年纪
Yeah, well fuck that.
嗯 去他妈的
Let me try again tomorrow.
我明天再试一次
You need recovery time. – No. Just one more time, okay?
你需要时间恢复 – 就再试一次 好吗?
Let me show you.
让我证明给你看
All right.
好的
♪ One morning I woke up ♪
一天早上我醒来
Good job, Diana!
非常好 戴安娜!
♪ And I knew that you were gone ♪
发现你已不在
♪ A new day ♪
新的一天
Good job!
非常好!
♪ A new way ♪
新的一天
♪ I knew I should see it along ♪
我知道总会有这一天
♪ Go your way, I’ll go mine ♪
你会和我分道扬镳
♪ Carry on ♪
坚持住
Come on, you can do this!
加油 你行的!
Push it, Nyad!
加油 耐德!
Home stretch, home stretch!
最后冲刺!
You can do this. Come on, Nyad, come on!
你行的 加油 耐德 加油!
Give me everything you’ve got! Everything you’ve got!
用尽全力! 用尽全力!
Go! Let’s go!
加油!