马耳他之鹰
1539年,马耳他圣殿骑士 向西班牙查理五世朝贡
送给他一只浑身上下 包裹着稀世珍宝的金鹰
但海盗拦截了 这艘载有无价之宝的船只
马耳他之鹰的命运至今仍是谜团
三藩市
金门大桥
怎样,小甜心?
Yes, sweetheart?
有个叫旺德莉的女子来找你
There’s a girl wants to see you. Her name’s Wonderly.
客户吗?
A customer?
我想是吧,你会很想见她的 她是大美女
I guess so. You’ll want to see her, anyway. She’s a knockout.
请她进来吧,爱菲,请她进来
Shoo her in, Effie, darling. Shoo her in.
请进,旺德莉小姐
Will you come in, Miss Wonderly?
谢谢
Thank you.
– 请坐,旺德莉小姐 – 谢谢
– Won’t you sit down, Miss Wonderly? – Thank you.
我跟旅馆打听过可靠私♥家♥侦♥探♥的消息
I inquired at the hotel for the name of a reliable private detective.
他们提到你的名字
They mentioned yours.
请从头跟我讲起吧
Suppose you tell me about it from the very beginning.
我是纽约人
I’m from New York.
我在找我妹
I’m trying to find my sister.
我相信她人在三藩市这里
I have reason to believe that she’s here in San Francisco
跟一个名字叫佛洛德·德斯派的人在一起
with a man by the name of Thursby, Floyd Thursby.
我不晓得他们是在哪认识的
I don’t know where she met him.
我们一直不很亲近
We’ve never been as close as sisters ought to be.
如果亲近点,柯琳就会告诉我
If we had, perhaps Corinne would have told me
她计划和他私奔
that she was planning on running away with him.
爸妈去了檀香山
Mother and Father are in Honolulu.
他们会伤心欲绝的,我必须在我爸妈回来前找到她
It would kill them. I’ve got to find her before they get back home.
They’re coming home the first of the month.
他们下月一号♥回来
你收到过你妹的消息吗?
You’ve had word of your sister?
两周前她给我写过一封信
A letter from her about two weeks ago.
她只说她没事,很好
It said nothing except that she was all right.
我曾发电报给她,求她回家
I sent her a telegram, begging her to come home.
我是寄到这里存局候领的 那是她唯一给我的地址
I sent it to General Delivery here. That was the only address she gave me.
等了一个星期,还是没回音 所以就决定自己来看看
I waited a week and no answer came, so I decided to come out here myself.
我曾写信告诉她我会来 我不该那样,是吧?
I wrote her that I was coming. I shouldn’t have done that, should I?
知道该做什么可没那么容易
It’s not always easy to know what to do.
还是没找到?
You haven’t found her?
没,我在信里要她在圣马克见面
No. I told her in my letter that I’d be at the St. Mark and for her to meet me there.
我等了三天,她没来,就连口信也没有
I waited three whole days. She didn’t come. Didn’t even send a message.
等待是可怕的
It was horrible, waiting.
我又寄了封存局候领
I sent her another letter to General Delivery.
昨天下午,我去了邮局一趟
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the post office.
柯琳没有去拿她的信,但佛洛德去了
Corinne didn’t call for her mail, but Floyd Thursby did.
他不告诉我柯琳在哪里
He wouldn’t tell me where Corinne was.
他只说她不想见我
He said she didn’t want to see me.
真不敢相信
I can’t believe that.
他还答应如果她肯来,就今晚带她来旅馆
He promised to bring her to the hotel, if she’d come, this evening.
他说他知道她不肯来的
He said he knew she wouldn’t.
他应承说如果她不来,他自己也会来
He promised to come himself if she didn’t.
抱歉
Excuse me.
没事,进来吧,麦尔斯
It’s all right, Miles. Come in.
旺德莉小姐,这位是我搭档,麦尔斯·阿契尔
Miss Wonderly, my partner, Miles Archer.
旺德莉小姐的妹妹从纽约家里逃出来
Miss Wonderly’s sister ran away from New York
with a fellow named Floyd Thursby.
跟一个名叫佛洛德·德斯派的家伙跑了
他们目前人在三藩市这里
They’re here in San Francisco.
旺德莉小姐见过德斯派,约好今晚碰面
Miss Wonderly has seen Thursby and has a date to meet him tonight.
他也许会带她妹去,极有可能他不会
Maybe he’ll bring the sister with him. The chances are he won’t.
她要我们帮她找妹妹,带她回家
Miss Wonderly wants us to find the sister, get her away from him and back home.
– 是吧? – 是
– Right? – Yes.
很简单,今晚找个人去旅馆
Now, it’s simply a matter of having a man at the hotel this evening
跟着他到你妹妹那里
to shadow him when he leads us to your sister.
如果她还是不想离开他
If, after we’ve found her, she still doesn’t want to leave him,
– 我们自有办法 – 没错
– well, we have ways of managing that. – Yeah.
但请小心
But you must be careful.
我很怕他,怕他做出什么事
I’m deathly afraid of him, of what he might do.
她这么年轻,他把她从纽约 带到这里是很严重的…
She’s so young, and his bringing her here from New York is such a serious…
他不会对她做什么吗?
Mightn’t he do something to her?
别担心,我们会处理的
Now, just leave that to us. We’ll know how to handle him.
但他这个人很危险
But I want you to know he’s a dangerous man.
我真的认为他这个人什么都干得出来
I honestly don’t think he’d stop at anything.
他会毫不犹豫杀死柯琳自救
I don’t think he’d hesitate to kill Corinne if he thought it would save him.
他会不会用和她结婚来掩饰?
Could he cover up by marrying her?
他在英国有妻小
He has a wife and three children in England.
他们常常住英国,但不尽然 形容一下他吧
Yes, they usually do, though not always in England. What’s he look like?
他的头发很黑,眉毛很浓密
He has dark hair and thick, bushy eyebrows.
讲话音量很大
He talks in a loud, blustery manner.
看起来就很暴♥力♥的样子
He gives the impression of being a violent person.
今天早上他穿了一套灰色行头
He was wearing a light gray suit and a gray hat when I saw him this morning.
– 他是干哪一行的? – 不晓得
– What does he do for a living? – I haven’t the faintest idea.
– 你们约几点见面? – 八点以后
– What time’s he coming to see you? – After 8:00.
好的,旺德莉小姐,我们会派人过去
All right, Miss Wonderly. We’ll have a man there.
我亲自出马
I’ll look after it myself.
谢谢
Thank you.
Oh, yes.
对了…
够吗?
Will that be enough?
– 谢谢 – 不客气
– Thank you. – Not at all.
如果你跟德斯派在大厅碰面 会有所帮助的
It’ll help some if you meet Thursby in the lobby.
– 我会的
– I will. – You don’t have to look for me.
– 到时别找我
– 我会暗中保护你的 – 谢谢
– I’ll see you all right. – Thank you.
– Thank you so much. – Goodbye.
– 非常感激 – 再见
真金白银
They’re right enough.
我看她包里还不少
They have brothers in her bag.
– 你觉得她怎样? – 很可爱
– What do you think of her? – She’s sweet.
也许是你先看到她的 山姆,但是我先开口的
Maybe you saw her first, Sam, but I spoke first.
你还真会动脑筋
You’ve got brains.
没错,是这样的
Yes, you have.
史派德和阿契尔事务所
布♥什♥街
喂?
Hello?
对,请讲
Yeah. Speaking.
麦尔斯·阿契尔死了?
Miles Archer dead?
哪里?
Where?
斯托克顿布♥什♥街
Bush and Stockton?
好的
Yeah.
15分钟赶到
In 15 minutes.
谢谢
Thanks.
爱菲吗?
Hello, Effie?
是我!
It’s me.
听我讲,宝贝
Now, listen, precious.
麦尔斯被枪杀了
Miles has been shot.
对…死了
Yeah, dead.
别激动
Now, don’t get excited.
对…
Yeah.
你负责告诉伊娃这个噩耗,我先行动
Now, you’ll have to break the news to Iva. I’d fry first.
不要告诉她我的行踪
And keep her away from me.
这样才乖嘛
That’s a good girl.
赶快过去
Now get right over there.
你简直是太好了
You’re an angel.
再见
Bye.
– 你想干嘛? – 我叫山姆·史派特,汤姆·柏郝斯打过电♥话♥给我
– What do you want here? – I’m Sam Spade. Tom Polhaus phoned.
我刚刚还认不出你 他们在后面
I didn’t know you at first. They’re back there.
你好,山姆,我想在我们 带走他前,你会想看看
Hello, Sam. I figured you’d want to see it before we took him away.
谢谢,汤姆,怎么回事?
Thanks, Tom. What happened?
Got him right through the pump with this.
被这把威布利
枪杀的
It’s a Webley.
英制品,对吧?
English, ain’t it?
对,威布利福斯裴利 点45自动手♥枪♥,8发,绝版了
Yeah. A Webley-Fosbery .45 automatic, 8-shot. They don’t make them anymore.
– 开了几枪? – 一枪
– How many gone out of it? – Just one.
往这里开,对吧?
Let’s see. Shot up here, huh?
就跟你一样这样站着,背对着围栏
Standing like you are, with his back to the fence.
开枪的人站在这里
The man who shot him stood here.
他后仰翻过围栏
Went over backwards, taking the top of the fence with him,
掉下山,被那块石头接住,对吧?
and went on down the hill and got caught on that rock. That it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!