as this day follows the night,
黑夜过去,白昼降临
let me start my life anew.
求你使我的生命重新开始
As the shore is scoured by the tide,
如同大浪冲刷沙滩
let me be cleansed.
求你洁净我
As the seed becomes the flower,
如同种子开花结果
let me be born again.
求你使我重生
I’m so sorry. Am I late?
对不起,我迟到了吗?
We have completed taking roll. A quorum exists.
我们已经点过名了 到会人数已达到法定人数
Excellent.
好极了
Then let us begin.
那我们开始吧
No, actually, not quite yet.
不,事实上,还不能开始
I see that Cicero outdoes me in his tardiness.
看来西塞罗来的比我还晚啊
Cicero is regrettably ill
很遗憾西赛罗病了
and unable to attend this session.
不能参加这次会议
But he has an important matter to propose
但是他有个重要的提案
regarding my governorship of Gaul.
关于我接管高卢的事
Should I send my litter bearers for him?
要我亲自派轿夫去请他来吗?
He did, however, provide me with a speech
他有交待这事 并交给我一份讲稿
that he most urgently insisted be read into the rolls.
他坚持一定要宣读
Well, then, by all means, let us hear the words of mighty Cicero.
好吧,不管怎么说 让我们听听尊贵的西赛罗说些什么
These being the words of Marcus Tullius Cicero –
以下的话来自 玛尔库斯·图里乌斯·西赛罗
“When I was a young man, I defended our state.
年轻时 我为祖国而战
“As an old man, I shall not abandon it.
现在我老了 仍然不会离弃祖国
“I give sincere thanks to Mark Antony,
我衷心地感谢马克·安东尼
“who has generously presented me
因为他慷慨的给予支持
“with the most promising theme imaginable.
使得我的仕途一帆风顺
“I address you directly, Antony.
以下的话是给安东尼的
“Please listen as if you…
希望你听这些话的时候…
“as if you…”
的时候…
Go on.
念下去
“Please listen…
希望你听这些话的时候
“as if you were sober and intelligent
能够保持清醒和理智
“and not a drink-sodden, sex-addled wreck.”
而不是一个被酒精和性♥欲♥冲昏头脑的废人
“You are certainly not without accomplishments.
当然你也不是毫无建树
“It is a rare man who can boast of becoming a bankrupt
年纪轻轻就搞到破产
“before even coming of age.
倒也不是一般人能做到的
“You have brought upon us war,
你带来了战争
“pestilence and destruction.
瘟疫和毁灭
“You are Rome’s Helen of Troy.
你是罗马的灾星
“But then…
所以…
“But then…”
所以…
Go on.
念下去
Go on!
念下去
“…a woman’s role has always suited you best.”
把你比做特洛伊的海伦 是最适合不过了
Write a note.
记下来
To Octavian… Caesar, rather.
致屋大维,还是写凯撒吧
Tell him I have exposed Antony
告诉他我和安东尼撕破脸了
for the debauched rat he is.
他是个背信弃义的卑鄙小人
At this time, the Republic would be most grateful to accept
如今 共和国将感恩戴德
Caesar’s offer of assistance.
如果凯撒愿意提供帮助
We shall need his army at once.
我们需要他立即派兵
In Gaul,
在高卢
the renegade Mark Antony has laid siege
叛乱者马克·安东尼率军围困了
to the city of Mutina.
穆提那城
But salvation is at hand!
但援兵即将抵达那里
The Senate sends an army
元老院已经派出了军队
led by the generals Hirtius and Pansa.
由将军希尔提乌斯和潘撒率领
The noble patriot, young Caesar Octavian,
贵族先锋,年轻的凯撒·屋大维
joins our generals with his own legions
也率领着他的军团加入我军
to crush the rebels.
他们将把叛乱者撕成碎片
So much traveling. All the way to Massilia,
好不容易走到马西里亚
now come all the way back. Crazy.
现在又大老远的跑回来 我们真是有病
Sorry, love. Had to do it.
对不起宝贝,没办法
The gods have me vexed over Vorenus.
诸神让我和乌瑞纳斯反♥目♥
I can’t go on until I sort things out with him.
不和他和解我心里总有个疙瘩
That’s all.
费不了什么事
Then we’ll be on our way again.
解决完了我们就走
What’s happened?
出什么事了?
Anyone home?
有人吗?
Pullo! Mascius.
波罗! 马修斯
What’s all this?
这儿怎么了?
Expecting visitors. I never thought I’d see you again.
稀客,真没想到还能见到你
Nor I you.
我也是
Anyroad, it’s good to have you home. We need every man we can get.
你回来太好了,我们急需人手
We’re not stopping. I just came to talk to Vorenus. Where is he?
我们不打算留下,我只是来找乌瑞纳斯 他人呢?
Well, he’s not here.
他不在 什么时候回来?
When is he back?
我不知道,他走了
I don’t know. He’s gone. Went north with Mark Antony.
他和马克·安东尼去了北部
Went north? Months ago.
北部? 走了几个月了
Antony gathered his troops and set off to take Gaul.
安东尼带着他的军队 准备去拿下高卢 乌瑞纳斯一起去了
Vorenus went with him. Asked for special by Antony himself.
安东尼亲自来召他一起去
He’s left me in charge of a right old mess.
把这个烂摊子留给了我
Ever since we gave Carbo one up the arse,
自从我们搞了卡尔波
Caelian boys and their friends have been going at us like Belgians.
西莲那帮人就没消停过
We lost ten men this month.
上个月我们损失了10个人
Come on, are you sure you’re not stopping? What?
来吧,你确定你不要留下? 什么?
No. I just came to talk to Vorenus.
不了 不,我只是来找乌瑞纳斯的
What now?
现在怎么办?
I don’t know.
不知道
I don’t understand it.
我想不通
The gods are playing tricks.
诸神在耍我
“Go back to Rome,” they say. “Talk to Vorenus.”
他们说:回罗马,找乌瑞纳斯谈谈
Then they hide him from me.
如今他们又让我见不着他
I did as I was told.
我照做了
If he’s not here, he’s not here.
他不在这儿 就是不在
I can leave him a letter.
我可以留封信给他
“Dear Vorenus, I don’t fuck your wife.”
亲爱的乌瑞纳斯 我没有搞过你老婆
Something like that.
差不多吧
Let’s be going.
我们离开好吗?
Best get out of Italy.
离开意大利
A civil war is coming again, looks like.
看上去又要内战了
You people.
你们罗马人啊
Is this the way to Aventine…
去艾文台是往这儿走吗?
Pullo!
波罗!
Don’t you know me?
你认不出我了?
Lyde?
莱蒂?
Yes.

I’m Lyde. I’m Lyde.
我是莱蒂,我是莱蒂
But you’re all right. You’re all right.
你活着,你真的活着
Thank you. Where have you been?
你去哪儿了?
The children! The children are alive!
孩子们!孩子们还活着!
Where’s Octavia?
奥克塔维娅去哪儿了?
Out with Jocasta.
和乔卡斯塔一起出去了
Excellent.
太棒了
I shall finally be able to enjoy my dinner in peace.
我总算能吃顿安生饭了
What is this? Sea urchins, domina.
这是什么? 海胆,女主人
I don’t care for it. What else is there?
我不想吃这个 还有什么?
A savory stew of goose and root vegetables.
薄荷炖鹅肉加蔬菜
Bring me that.
给我那个
Still here?
还没走?
Can’t get enough of you, my love.
舍不得你啊宝贝儿
Come here.
过来
Go on.
去吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!