但它们会掉落下来 然后腐烂
but then they fall, and they rot,
就好像冰箱里的沙拉
like salad in the fridge.
你说的其他东西在哪
Where’s all the stuff you said?
那些小树 小狗 小猫 小草
Trees, and dogs, and cats, and grass?
我们在这里看不到
We can’t see it from here
因为天窗是朝上的 看不到旁边
because Skylight looks upwards instead of sideways.
你就是在骗我
You’re just tricking me.
我没有
No, I’m not.
骗子骗子 火烧裤子
Liar, liar, pants on fire!
杰克
Jack.
我之前没法解释 因为你还小
I couldn’t explain it before, because you were too small.
你还小 理解不了
You were too small to understand,
所以我只好编一个故事 但是
so I had to make up a story, but…
但是我现在做的是相反的事 好吗
but now I’m doing the opposite, okay?
我现在与说谎相反
I’m doing the opposite of lying.
我不说谎 因为你已经五岁了
I am un-lying, because you’re five now.
你五岁了
You’re five,
你已经足够大
and you’re old enough
去理解这个世界
to understand what the world is.
你要去理解
You have to understand.
我们不能一直这样生活
We can’t keep living like this.
你要帮我
You need to help me.
我想回到四岁
I want to be four again.
你还记得
Do you remember how…
你还记得爱丽丝并不是一直在仙境里吗
do you remember how Alice wasn’t always in Wonderland?
她一直滑啊滑 滑落在一个很深的洞里
She fell down, down, down, deep in a hole.
没错 我也不是一直在房♥间里
Right, well, I wasn’t always in Room.
我就像爱丽丝
I’m like Alice.
我是一个叫作乔伊的小女孩
I was a little girl named Joy.
才不是
Nah!
我和爸爸妈妈住在一个房♥子里
And I lived in a house with my mom and my dad.
你可以叫他们外公外婆
You would call them Grandma and Grandpa.
什么房♥子
What house?
在世界里的一个房♥子
A house. It was in the world.
房♥子有一个后院
And there was a backyard,
我们还有一个吊床
and we had a hammock,
我们会在吊床上晃来晃去
and we would swing in the hammock,
一起吃雪糕
and we would eat ice cream.
电视里的房♥子吗
A TV house?
不 杰克 真实的房♥子
No, Jack, a real house,
不是电视里的
not TV.
你有在听我说话吗
Are you even listening to me?
等我长大了一点
When I was a little older,
十七岁的时候
when I was 17…
-我从学校放学回家 -我在哪
– I was walking home from school- – Where was I?
你那时还在天堂里
You were still up in heaven.
但有一个男人
But there was a guy.
他假装他的狗病了
He pretended that his dog was sick.
什么男人
What guy?
老尼克
Old Nick.
我们都叫他老尼克
We call him “Old Nick.”
我不知道他的真实名字
I don’t know what his real name is.
但他假装他的狗病了
But he pretended his dog was sick…
-那只狗叫什么 -杰克 这只狗是假的
– What’s the dog’s name? – Jack, there wasn’t a dog.
他只是在骗我 好吗
He was trying to trick me, okay?
没有这只狗 老尼克拐骗了我
There wasn’t a dog. Old Nick stole me.
我不要听这个故事
I want a different story!
不行 你要好好听这个故事
No! This is the story that you get.
他把我关在他花♥园♥的棚屋里
He put me in his garden shed.
这里
Here.
房♥间就是棚屋
Room is the shed.
他锁了门
He’s locked the door.
只有他知道密♥码♥
He’s the only one that knows the code…
你知道的 开门的神秘数字
you know, the secret numbers that open the door?
只有他一个人知道
He’s the only one that knows,
我也被锁在这里七年了
and I’ve been locked in here for seven years.
我在这里待了七年了
I’ve been in here for seven years.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
这故事好无趣
This story’s boring!
杰克 这世界很大
Jack, the world is so big.
大到你无法相信
It’s so big, you wouldn’t even believe it.
而房♥间只是它其中又臭又破的一部分
And Room is just one stinky part of it.
房♥间才不臭
Room’s not stinky.
除非你放了个屁
Only when you do a fart.
我的天 好吧
My God. Okay.
我不相信你那又臭又破的世界
I don’t believe in your stinky world!
又变暖了
It’s warm again.

Ma.

Ma.
-妈 -嗯
– Ma? – Hmm.
蛋壳蛇是我们最长
Eggsnake’s our longest friend
最漂亮的朋友
and fanciest.
变形勺子最方便吃东西
Meltedy Spoon’s the best to eat with
因为他弯弯的
because he’s more blobbier.
迷宫是最曲折的
Labyrinth is the twistiest
她会把东西♥藏♥起来让我找不到
and she hides things so I don’t know where they are.
马桶最擅长把便便变没
Toilet’s the best at disappearing poo.
台灯是最亮的
Lamp’s the brightest,
除非没电了
Except when the power’s out.
你最擅长读故事 唱歌♥ 和很多别的事情
You’re the best at reading and songs and lots,
除了你的失魂之日
except if you’re having a Gone Day.
我最擅长画画 跳跃 和长大
I’m the best at drawing, and jumping, and growing,
几乎无所不能
and nearly everything!
乌龟是真实的吗
Are turtles real?
嗯 它们当然是真的
Yeah. They’re totally real.
我以前养过一只乌龟当宠物
I had a turtle as a pet.
鳄鱼和鲨鱼呢
Crocodiles and sharks?
恩 它们都是真的
Yeah, they’re all real.
真的吗
Real?
算是吧
Sort of.
他们是真实的人 但他们在玩换装游戏
So, these are real people, but they’re playing dress-up.
他们在假装
They’re pretending
他们是几百年前的人物
that they’re people from hundreds of years ago.
只是电视上的吗
Just TV?
你越来越懂了
You’re getting it.
等老尼克回来的时候
When Old Nick comes back,
我要踢他屁♥股♥
I’m gonna kick him in the butt.
我告诉你一件事
Let me tell you something.
你知道 有一次
You know, one time,
我尝试踢老尼克屁♥股♥
I tried to kick Old Nick in the butt.
我躲在门后
I hid behind the door,
手里拿着马桶盖
and I was holding the lid from the toilet tank.
原本马桶有盖的
There used to be a lid on it.
它是房♥间里最重的东西
It was the heaviest thing in Room.
等它进来的时候
When he came in,
我把它砸在他脑袋上
I smashed it on his head,
但我失败了
but I messed up.
他关上了门 抓住我的手腕
He shoved the door closed, and he grabbed me by the wrist.
所以我手腕一直酸痛
That’s why it’s sore now.
我们可以等他睡着了
We could wait ’til he’s asleep
然后杀了他
and kill him dead.
是的 我们可以 但是
Yeah, we could, but…
那然后呢
then what?
我们吃光食物
We’d run out of food
也不知道开门的密♥码♥
and we don’t know the code to the door.
嘿 外公外婆可以来救我们呀
Hey, the Grandma and the Grandpa could come.
杰克 他们不知道我们在哪
Jack, they don’t know where we are.
地图上找不到房♥间
Room’s not on any map.
杰克 听我说
Jack, listen to me.
现在我们有机会了
Now, we’ve got a chance.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!