我犹记着那段痛
I remember that it hurt.
只能看着她伤痛
Looking at her hurt.
你…你的…鼻子
Your… your… your nose.
偶尔会这样几次
Oh, oh, it does that sometimes.
我还从没沉迷于什么事过
I never enjoy anything.
我只为新鲜事物而活
I’m always waiting for whatever’s next.
我认为每个人都差不多是这样…
I think everyone’s like that…
永不止步的迈动着步伐
living life in fast forward,
一刻都不停息
never stopping to enjoy the moment,
总是想着与时间赛跑
too busy trying to rush through everything,
为的是以我们希望的方式得到想要的东西
so we can get on with what we’re really supposed to be doing with our lives.
我突然意识到了这点 茅塞顿开
I get these flashes of clarity, brilliant clarity,
于是 尽管就一会儿 我停下了脚步开始思考
where, for a second, I stop and I think,
“搞什么东西 开什么玩笑”
“Wait, this is it.
“这可是我的人生 我应该慢慢的享受它才是”
“This is my life. I’d better slow down and enjoy it,
“因为总有一天 我们都会走到头的”
“because one day, we’re all going to end up in the ground,
“这是躲不过也逃不了的”
“and that will be it. We’ll be gone.
于是滚床单才是王道
So I think we should fuck.
你说了什么
Um… what?
我们不能变得跟这群酒鬼一样…
Let’s just fast forward through all the drunken seduction bullshit…
人必须向着前方看
we have to look forward to.
但你看来起不了什么表率作用
You don’t look like you’d be very good at it anyway,
而且我也不想坐在这听你在胡扯再骗我上♥床♥
and I don’t want to sit here and listen to you bumblefuck your way through it.
我们想的都是同一件事
We both want the same thing,
回房♥间去 开滚 然后撒油娜娜
to go back to your room, have sex, and never see each other again.
一起滚不
Are you with me?
不会有诈吧
Is this a trick?
过期作废了
The offer is about to expire.
不 不 我当然来
No, no, I’m in.
头都不回
I’m definitely in.
你喜欢那本书吗
Do you like that book?
老天 我个去
No, God, no.
不是 那我是蠢蛋老哥最爱的书
No, it’s my idiot brother’s favorite book.
-书是你的 -不 不
-Is it yours? -No, no.
是我室友的
It’s my roommate’s.
我还真看不下什么书
I’m not really much of a reader.
好了
Good.
-开始吧 -遵命 女士
-Now come here. -Yes, ma’am.
我站在那边盯着窗内
As I stood there staring through the window
观察着我前妻的新生活
into my ex-wife’s new life,
我像是被一种怪异的冲动驱使着
I was overcome by the oddest sensation.
看她和那个男人在一起就像是在看一出熟悉的情景剧那样
Watching her with this man was like turning on a familiar sitcom
然后突然发现他们把一个主角给换掉了
and realizing they had replaced one of the lead actors with a stranger.
同样的节目 但演威廉·博根斯的人不一样了
The show was the same, but the thespian who played William Borgens
演了都将近20年了
for nearly twenty years was gone.
替代他的 是一个年轻又健壮的模特
And in his place was a younger, dumber model.
狗狗 那有什么
What was that, boy?
我靠
Oh, shit.
坐下 快坐下 死狗
Down! Heel! Fucking dog!
片名 困在爱中
拉斯蒂…
Rusty…
很好
Oh yeah.
就是这样
There you go.
拿碗来
You got that bowl?
转过来就是了 放上去
Just rock it on there. Get him on there.
老弟 这样就对了
Gentle, gentle. There you go.
懂了 别推那么大力
Got it? Don’t push that hard.
好的
All right.
完成了 很好
There we go. Yeah.
爸爸 她来了
Dad, she’s here.
准备好了
Ready?
嗨 我回来了
Hi, I’m back.
老爸…
Dad…
闻起来不错
Smells good.
对了 他们说你必须回去了
Well, they said that you have to go back there?
他们是说我认为你不该再为这个买♥♥单了
They just said that I think you might have to end up paying for it.
不 他们不是要取消这一切吧 还有职务呢
No, but they’re going to cancel the whole thing? The appointment?
是的 他们取消这项目了 都结束了 全部…
Yeah, they’re canceling it. It’s over, basically…
我书快要出版了
My book is being published!
我的老天 恭喜啊
Oh, my God. Congratulations.
-谢谢 谢谢 老爸 -我的老天
-Thank you. Thanks, Dad. -Oh, my God.
我们真为你骄傲
We’re so proud of you.
-是哪家出版社 -斯克里布纳
-What house is it? -Scribner.
什么 那是国王御用的出版社
What? That’s King’s publisher.
不会的 他们挺好的 不错
Yeah, no, they’re great. Great.
我们必须来干杯庆祝
We got to have a toast.
必须要干一杯是不是 斯克里布纳
We have to have a toast. Scribner?
当然了 当我把书递交上去时就这么想的
Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking when I submitted the book.
这真会把拉斯蒂惹毛的
This will really piss Rusty off.
这并不是因为他们出版了海明威和冯内古特的书
It’s not because they publish books by Hemingway or Kurt Vonnegut.
又或者是麦库劳夫和麦科特的
David McCullough, Frank McCourt.
还是菲斯杰拉德 和该死的鲍勃迪伦
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Bob fucking Dylan.
原来你对斯克里布纳有偏见
I didn’t know you had dibs on Scribner.
我从没这么说过 萨曼塔
I never said I had dibs, Samantha.
-我只是…-你是吃醋了吧
-I just was… -You’re just jealous.
拜托 我才没呢
Wow. I’m not jealous.
这真有趣
What an accomplishment.
你姐姐快出版她的第一本书了 好吧
Your sister is having her first book published, all right?
我们应该庆祝这事
This is a cause for celebration.
这假期就来庆祝这事吧
This is what the holidays are all about.
很好 很好
Okay, cool.
你肯定会恭贺她的
You might want to congratulate her.
-太恭喜了 -谢谢
-Congratulations. -Thank you.
老天 我直到几岁才出版了第一本书呢…
Geez, I didn’t have my first book published until…
我想想 大概二十五六岁
I don’t know. I was 25 or 26.
我真想把那群人一起叫来
I would have been happy to call those guys.
我认识他们的
I know them all over there.
不 我是用假名送审的
No, I submitted it under a fake name
并没有告诉他们这是谁的女儿
and didn’t tell them whose daughter I was
-直到事情都定下来了 -我不会介意的
-until after was accepted. -I wouldn’t have minded.
-我知道 我只是…-因为你一直想要的是你自己的书
-I know. I just… -Because you wanted it to be about your book
而不是我女儿的书
and not about being my daughter.
好了 很好 那么 我们来干杯…干了
Yeah. Okay, well, this is a toast… psst.
敬你和你的第一本小说
To you and your first novel.
《嗨了就行》
Just Saying Hi.
不是什么《嗨了就行》
Oh, it’s not Just Saying Hi.
难道他们让你改了书名
Did they make you change the title?
不是 他们出版的不是什么《嗨了就行》
No, they’re not publishing Just Saying Hi.
是完全不一样的书
It’s a different book.
什么
What?
我先把它放一边去了
I put that aside for now,
然后写了一本新的
and I wrote a new one.
什么时候
When?
夏天的时候
Over the summer.
那么《嗨了就行》怎样了
What happened to Just Saying Hi?
你很喜欢它的
You were excited about that.
我也很喜欢…我可是在那上面费尽心血呢
I was excit… I put a lot of work and effort into that.
我编辑校对了原稿 而且还…
I proofed the manuscript and I…
我知道 我很抱歉 我…
I know. I’m sorry. I…
我…我…我想我的意见还是会有点用的
I..I..I thought my opinion meant something.
是的 老爸 你知道肯定会有用的
It does. Dad. You know it does.
所以到了最后你干脆写了一本新书了
And yet you turn around and write an entirely new book
而且还不跟我说一声
and don’t think to share it with me?
对不起
I’m sorry.
有什么东西烧糊了
Something’s burning.
恭喜恭喜
Congratulations.
你怎么会让他在餐桌上准备了位置呢
Why would you let him set that place at the table?
我准备的 是他让我预留的
I set it. He asked me to.
很好 但她不会来的
Yeah, well, she’s not coming.
我要过去那边下 你应该也去得
I’m about to head over there. You should come.
给老爸一个摆酷的机会

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章龙凤配(1954)
下一篇文章
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!