每一个螺钉和接头都不能露出来
I want every screw and joint countersunk.
我要完全没有风阻的机身
I want no wind resistance on the fuselage.
它必须要干净 欧迪
She has got to be clean, Odie.
干净 明白吗? – 好的 霍华德
Clean. Understand? – Okay, Howard.
我不知道还能对你说什么
I don’t know what else to tell you.
你有什么消息要给我?
What do you got for me?
情况是 大♥陆♥西部航♥空♥公♥司♥需要新飞机
The thing is, TWA needs a new plane.
现代化的飞机 – 噢 是吗? 什么样的飞机?
A modern plane. – Oh, yeah? What kind of plane?
是这样 DC- 3型有21个日间座位…
Okay. The DC- 3 has 21 daytime seats…
…和14个夜间铺位 – 要更大的?
…and 1 4 overnight berths. – Something bigger?
50座 升限12000英尺
Try 50 seats with a ceiling of 1 2,000 feet.
不 不 20000英尺
No. No, 20,000.
想想看 20000英尺能给你带来什么?
Think about it. What does 20,000 feet give you?
更少的湍流 – 因为它飞在气象层之上
Less turbulence. – Because it’s above the weather.
杰克 我们要在气象层之上飞行
Jack, we wanna fly above the weather.
只有百分之一的美国人
Only 1 percent of the American population…
踏上过客机
has set foot on an airliner.
为什么? 因为他们怕死
Why? Because they’re scared to death.
他们理所应当
They should be.
我的意思是 7000英尺的高度颠的要死 你是知道的
I mean, 7000 feet is bumpy as shit. You know that.
我们要造飞行在气象层之上的飞机…
We build a plane that flies above the weather…
我们可以让这个国家的每一个男人
we could get every man,
女人和孩子都感到安全
woman and child in this country to feel safe.
一架能在亚同温层上…
An airplane with the ability to fly …
飞遍全国的飞机
into the substratosphere across the country.
飞遍世界
Across the world.
那才是未来
Now that is the future.
同意吗? – 嗯
You with me? – Yeah.
如果你们的董事会没有这个胆量的话
I don’t wanna get into this…
我可不想插手
if your board doesn’t have the balls for it.
他们会支持我们吗? – 我不知道
Would they support us? – I don’t know.
你们的财政状况怎么样? – 不太好
What’s your financial picture? – Not great.
去年的赤字? – 770000
Last year’s deficit? – 770,000.
现在是什么价钱 – 大约8美元一股
What’s it selling at? – About 8 dollars a share.
这是有史以来的最低价 对吧?
That’s the lowest it’s been, huh?
我可以
I could do that.
可以什么? – 买♥♥下来
Do what? – Buy it.
你想把航♥空♥公♥司♥买♥♥下来?
You wanna buy the airline?
别那么大声…
For crying out loud…
我们可不想让那些握笔杆子的人
we don’t want pencil pushers…
阻挠我们制♥造♥飞机
getting in the way of us making our plane.
现在跟我说实话
Give me brass tacks, now.
要控股大♥陆♥西部航♥空♥公♥司♥我得花多少钱?
What does controlling interest in TWA cost me?
一千五百万美元上下吧
Call it 1 5 million.
数目不小啊 嗯?
That is a chunk of change, huh?
你给诺阿·迪特里希打电♥话♥
You call Noah Dietrich.
让他开始收♥购♥
You have him start buying.
霍华德 等等
Howard, hold on.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
要不要想上个五分钟?
You wanna think about it for five minutes?
去他的吧 杰克 我现在是骑虎难下
Hell, Jack, I got a tiger by the tail here.
我才不会放走它呢
I ain’t gonna let it go.
晚上好 休斯先生
Good evening, Mr. Hughes.
欢迎 您的桌子已经准备好了
Welcome. Your table is ready.
飞行怎么样?
How goes the aviation?
噢 相当不错 皮特 – 我很高兴
Oh, just fine, Pete. – I’m so glad.
晚上好 休斯先生
Good evening, Mr. Hughes.
女士 – 是”小姐”
Madame. – It’s “miss.”
是 小姐 和平常一样吗 休斯先生?
Miss. The usual, Mr. Hughes?
对 – 我能否向小姐推荐…
Please. – May I recommend for the lady…
我们的克莱门蒂柑橘汤
our clementine soup followed by…
主菜是加仑汁烤鸭…
roast duck with currant glaze…
外加甜品玫瑰汁煮桃
and poached pears in rose sauce.
真的非常美味
It’s truly divine.
好吧 听起来不错
Yeah. That sounds fine.
你们是合作单位的 是吗?
Your kind of joint, is it?
真没想到
Wouldn’t have thought.
他们开门到很晚
They’re open late.
我也去拉希内加的一个热狗摊
I go to a hot- dog stand on La Cienega too.
他们凌晨4点才关门 – 是吗?
They’re open till about 4. – Are they?
那真是太好了
How marvelous.
霍华德! 霍华德!
Howard! Howard!
嗨 你个傻小子!
Hi! Son of a gun.
凯蒂 这位是约翰·梅尔
Kate, this is Johnny Meyer.
我想你可以把他当成我的新闻发言人
I suppose you could call him my press agent.
很高兴见到你 非常喜欢《艾丽斯·亚当》那部电影
Pleased to meet you. Loved Alice Adams.
你过奖了
You’re too kind.
你们一定认识艾洛 对吗? – 弗林先生 是的
I’m sure you know Errol, right? – Mr. Flynn. Yes.
凯蒂 凯蒂 牙关紧咬的赫本家的凯蒂
Kate. Kate. Kate of the clenched- jawed Hepburns.
总是那么迷人
Enchanting as always.
顺便一提 你应该用力士来护手 我就用的
You should use Lux on your hands, by the way. I do.
你和霍华德 应该合作一部电影
You and Howard ought to cook up a picture.
再加上艾洛 肯定可以大卖♥♥
Costar with Errol. I could sell that in spades.
那简直太好了 是吗 霍华德?
That would be marvelous. Howard?
我不这么认为 你不读综艺杂♥志♥吗 梅尔先生?
I think not. Don’t you read Variety, Mr. Meyer?
我是票房♥毒药
Well, I’m box- office poison.
我过时了 走下坡路了 没人气了
I’m on the outs, the skids, the doldrums.
就象不新鲜的鱼 已经不值得吃了
Washed- up, day- old fish not worth the eating,
他们这么告诉我的
so they tell me.
让他们去死 让他们去死 亲爱的
Hell with them. Hell with them, my dear.
这些卑鄙的混♥蛋♥ 不是吗?
Soulless pricks to a man, right?
约翰告诉我你想…
Johnny tells me you’re thinking about…
拍一部西部片 那些该死的东西
doing a Western, of all goddamn things.
你要拍一部西部片 霍华德?
Are you making a Western, Howard?
对 拍西部片
Yeah. Making a Western.
名字叫不法之徒
I’m gonna call it The Outlaw.
没错 你知道是关于什么的吗? S- E- X 性
Yeah. And you know what it’s about? S- E- X.
是关于S- E- X的 – 是西部片
It’s all about S- E- X. – It’s a Western.
你不能在西部片里加入奸♥情♥
You can’t have fornication in a Western.
那不合适
It isn’t done.
不是真的性 是电影的性
It’s not real sex, it’s movie sex.
疤面人对黑帮片意味着什么
What Scarface did for the gangster picture,
不法之徒就对西部片意味着什么
The Outlaw will do for the Western.
把性 勇气和热血…
Put the sex and guts and blood…
放到大银幕上
up there on the screen.
看见我的烟了吗? – 别管我们
Have you seen my cigarettes? – Don’t mind us.
纽约式牛排 12颗豌豆
New York cut steak, 1 2 peas,
没有开盖的瓶装奶
bottle of milk with the cap on.
你自己连烟都抽不起?
You can’t afford your own cigarettes?
我的钱都在杰克那里
Jack has all my money.
我希望你们桌子上的…
I hope your food isn’t getting cold…
菜不会凉掉
at your table somewhere or something.
不 不 我们整晚都在这里 别担心
No, no. We’re here all night. Don’t worry.
霍华德 霍华德
Now, Howard. Now, Howard.
如果你是真的要在银幕上…
If you’re seriously talking about putting carnality
谈风弄月的话
back on the silver screen,
你一定要给我一席之地
you must swear to let me in on the casting session.
我很会相人 不是吗?
I have an eye for talent. Isn’t that right?
你应该停止穿着紧身衬衣…
You ought to give up prancing in tights…
夸耀自己是个发掘人才的好手
be a talent scout.
这夸耀替我的新游艇买♥♥了单
That prancing paid for my new yacht.
你们一定要来和我一起出海
You must all come sailing with me.
卡塔里纳 这个周末 怎么样?
Catalina. What do you say?
卡塔里纳 听起来很不错
Catalina. Sounds grand. Yeah.
我甚至哄得…
I’ve even managed to coax…
甜甜的德哈维兰小姐
the luscious Miss De Havilland…
还有和她一样甜的妹妹都要来了
and her equally luscious sister to come.
不过恐怕她们的母亲也会坚持要来
Though I fear their mother will insist on coming,
以便保护她们可疑的贞操
to preserve their questionable virtue.
尽管如此 我们还是应该向这一对…
We shall assault these twin monuments…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!