…大家注意 暴风仍在向西移♥动♥
… and I’ll tell you what, the storm system’s still moving west.
在看什么呢 卡罗琳?
What are you looking at, Caroline?
看风 妈妈
The wind, Mom.
他们说飓风要来了
They say the hurricane is coming.
我感觉像在一艘船上
I’m on a boat.
漂浮着
I’m drifting.
我可以做什么吗 妈妈?
Can I do anything for you, Mom?
让你舒服点?
Make anything easier?
哦 宝贝…
Oh, sugar…
没什么可做的
There’s nothing left to do.
就这样吧
Is what it is.
我越来越睁不开眼了
Finding it harder to keep my eyes open.
嘴里像是塞满了棉花
My mouth’s full of cotton.
好了 好了 黛西女士
There, there, Miss Daisy.
你快把自己抓伤了
You gonna scratch yourself to ribbons.
药还要吗 妈妈?
Do you want any more medication, Mother?
医生说用多点没关系
Doctor said you could have as much as you want.
这样大家都不会遭罪
No need for anybody to suffer.
有个朋友说过 她甚至都没有机会
A friend told me that she never had the chance
跟她母亲道别
to say goodbye to her mother.
-我想… -没事
-I wanted to… -It’s okay.
我想告诉你 我会非常想念你的…
I wanted to tell you how much I’m gonna miss you so…
妈妈
Mom.
哦 卡罗琳
Oh, Caroline.
你怕吗?
Are you afraid?
我很好奇
I’m curious.
接下来会怎样?
What comes next?
火车站建于1918年
They built the train station in 1918.
开站那天我父亲也去了
My father was there the day it opened.
他说那天还请了
He said they had
铜管乐队表演
a tuba band playing.
还请来了整个南方最好的钟表匠
They had the finest clockmaker in all of the South
建了那座雄伟的大钟
to build that glorious clock.
那人叫…
His name was…
盖图先生
Mr. Gateau.
蛋糕先生 (盖图/Gateau在法语中是蛋糕之意)
Mr. Cake.
他娶了伊文格琳县一个克里奥尔人
He was married to a Creole of Evangeline Parish
后来他们生了个儿子
and they had a son.
盖图先生先天失明
Mr. Gateau was, from birth, absolutely blind.
他们的儿子长大后就参了军
When their son was old enough, he joined the army.
他们向上帝祈祷 保佑他平安
And they prayed God would keep him out of harm’s way.
好几个月 他除了建那钟 什么都没做
For months, he did nothing but work on that clock.
然后有一天
One day,
他们收到一封信
a letter came.
那天晚上工作完后
And Mr. Gateau, done for the night,
盖图先生就独自去睡觉了
went up, alone, to bed.
然后他们的儿子回来了
And their son came home.
他们把他埋在家族墓地里
They buried him in the family plot,
等他们死后 一家就能团聚了
where he would be with them when their time came.
蛋糕先生继续建造那座钟
Mr. Cake worked on his clock,
耗尽心血 终于完工
laboring to finish.
那是一个值得纪念的早上
It was a morning to remember.
爸爸说 那天人山人海
Papa said there were people everywhere.
连泰迪·罗斯福都来了 (美国第26任总统)
Even Teddy Roosevelt came.
钟倒走了!
It’s running backwards!
我故意这么做的
I made it that way
这样那些在战争中死去的孩子们
so that perhaps the boys that we lost in the war
也许就会死而复生 回家来
might stand and come home again.
回家耕种
Home to farm,
工作
work,
生儿育女
have children.
过完他们漫长而充实的一生
To live long, full lives.
也许我自己的儿子也能回家来
Perhaps my own son might come home again.
如有得罪 请各位原谅
I’m sorry if I’ve offended anybody.
希望你们喜欢我的钟
I hope you enjoy my clock.
蛋糕先生自此再没出现过
Mr. Cake was never seen again.
有人说他心碎而死
Some say he died of a broken heart.
有人说他出海了
Some say he went to sea.
对不起
Excuse me.
我可以打个电♥话♥吗? 我孩子请人照看着
Do you mind if I make a call? Somebody’s watching my little boy.
当然
Sure.
希望我没让你失望
I hope I haven’t disappointed you.
你不会让我失望的
You couldn’t disappoint me.
我知道自己没什么才能
Well, I know I don’t have much to show for myself.
把我的黑色手提箱找出来
Find my dark suitcase.
里面有本日记
There’s a diary.
这个吗?
This?
能念给我听听吗?
Could you read it to me?
你就想这样?
Is this what you want to do?
我读过无数次了
I tried to read it a hundred different times.
妈妈 这并不是…
Mom, it’s not exactly…
只是想听听你的声音 亲爱的
It’s just the sound of your voice, darling.
好吧
Okay.
时间是1985年4月4日
It’s dated April 4th, 1985.
上面写着新奥尔良
And it says New Orleans.
“这是我最后的遗言 也是遗嘱
“This is my last will and testament.
“我没留下什么 没财产 没钱 真的
“I don’t have much to leave, few possessions, no money, really.
“我孤独地来 孤独地去 生不带来 死不带去
“I will go out of this world the same way I came in, alone and with nothing.
“我仅有的就是我的故事
“All I have is my story,
“我现在就写着 趁我还记得的时候
“and I’m writing it now while I still remember it.
“我的名字叫本杰明 本杰明·巴顿”
“My name is Benjamin. Benjamin Button.”
我的出生很不寻常
And I was born under unusual circumstances.
那时一战刚结束
The First World War had ended,
后来我听说 我出生的那个夜晚特别好
and I’ve been told it was an especially good night to be born.
谢天谢地终于结束了!
Thank God it’s over!
我们赢了!
We won the war!
世界大战结束了!
The Great War is over!
你来这干嘛?
What are you doing here?
托马斯
Thomas,
恐怕她快撑不住了
I’m afraid she’s going to die.
什么?
What?
够了 你们都离她远点
That’s enough. All of you, get away from her.
我已经尽快赶回来了 街上尽是人
I came as quickly as I could. The streets are filled with people.
托马斯
Thomas.
答应我 给他个容身之所
Promise me he has a place.
好的
Yeah.
她把生命给了我
She gave her life for me.
对此我毕生感激
And for that, I am forever grateful.
巴顿先生
Mr. Button.
托马斯!
Thomas!
托马斯
Thomas.
托马斯? 你去哪?
Thomas? Where are you going?
嘿! 你在这干嘛?
Hey! What are you doing there?
怀里的是什么?
What do you have there?
-快点 奎尼 -快 韦瑟斯先生!
-Come on, Queenie. -Now, Mr. Weathers!
得了 除了工作 我在这还有很多事要做
Come on, now, you know I ain’t got nothing but work to do around here.
-别 就一会 -别犯傻了
-Come on. Just take some time. -Stop all this foolishness.
空气真清新
The air is sweet.
你今晚真迷人 奎尼小姐
You look very handsome tonight, Miss Queenie.
一如既往的美
Handsome as I’ve ever seen.
棕色真配你的眼睛
The brown matches your eyes.
哦 讨厌!
Oh, hush!
让我瞧瞧 你也不赖啊
Let’s see here. You ain’t no slouch yourself.
汉伯特回镇上了
Hambert’s back in town.
他的两条腿没了 不过总算回来了
He came home legless, but he’s home.
我知道你一度很迷恋他
I know you were sweet on him one time.
喜欢得都过头了
Sweeter than I should’ve been.
西蒙妮小姐又尿裤子了
Miss Simone messed herself.
哦 我的小祖宗
Oh, sweet Jesus.
她可别这样了 否则我要给她穿尿布了
She got to stop doing that or it’s diapers for her.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!