《忆》1835年 夏洛蒂·勃朗特
童年织网 晴朗空气之网
We wove a web in childhood, A web of sunny air.
幼年挖泉 纯洁清冽之泉
We dug a spring in infancy of water pure and fair.
青年播种芥籽
We sowed in youth a mustard seed,
砍斫银杏树枝
We cut an almond rod;
到成熟年纪 它们是否枯萎在草地
We’re now grown up to riper age – are they withered in the sod?
是否已凋谢零落
Are they blighted failed and faded,
是否已重归尘土
Are they moulded back to clay?
生活已蒙上阴影
For life is darkly shaded;
欢乐也倏尔远逝
And its joys fleet fast away.
这是怎么回事
What the hell is going on?
这些人是谁
Qui sont ces gens?!
他们要把我们大卸八块
They’ll tear us limb from limb.
我穿越过北极却从未见过这等事
I’ve crossed the Arctic and seen nothing like it.
-抓住他们 马上 -快跑
– Down on them! Instantly! – Run!
我将给你们保护
Know you that I give into your protection
但并未只保护你们
but not for your own –
还有你们手中的这些凡人
these mortals whom you hold in your hands.
-你那个叫什么 -韦尔斯利
– What’s yours called? – Wellesley.
我这个叫格雷威
This is Gravey.
-因为他看上去有些悲伤 -我的叫做…
– Because he looks a bit grave. – Mine’s called…
等待者
Waiting Boy.
是吗 为什么
Is it? Why?
因为他是个奇怪的小东西 安妮
Because he’s a queer looking little thing, Anne.
就跟你一样
Much like yourself.
-你还有脸说她 -这个叫小卑鄙
– Look who’s talking. – This is Sneaky.
你们都在我的保护下 我会守护你们一生
Thou art under my protection. I will watch over thy life,
有朝一日 你们皆当为王
for I tell you all – one day… you shall be kings.
万岁
Yes!
隐于书后
亲爱的艾伦 我回家时已是十点
Dear Ellen. It was ten o’clock when I got home.
我发现勃兰威尔病了
I found Branwell ill.
这些天他常常如此 咎由自取
He is so very often these days, owing to his own fault.
我起初并不惊讶
I was not therefore surprised at first,
但安妮告诉我
but when Anne informed me of
他现在的病因时
the immediate cause of his present illness,
我震惊不已
I was greatly shocked.
-夏洛蒂 旅途如何 -很愉快
– Charlotte! How was the journey? – Pleasant.
-纳西小姐怎么样 -不错
– How was Miss Nussey? – Well.
我的箱子也平安送达了吗
Did my box arrive safely?
在我们的房♥间里 我们拿上去了 我和艾米莉
In our room, we took it up, me and Emily.
-怎么… -是勃兰威尔
– What’s…? – Branwell.
他一直在喝酒 他收到了一封信 罗宾逊先生寄来的
He’s been drinking. He’s had a letter. From Mr Robinson.
上周四 他被解雇了
This last Thursday. He’s been dismissed.
他是怎么弄的
How does he do it?
他每份工作都是这样
It’s every job he’s ever had.
-我知道 但这次不一样 -怎么不一样
– I know, but this is different. – How?
信里面什么都没说 但是他…
Nothing was spelled out in the letter. But he…
他和罗宾逊夫人…
Him and Mrs Robinson…
我有理由相信他们…
I had reason to know that they were…
有私情[争执]carrying on. With one another.
我也不知道 我只能假设
And I don’t know, I can only assume,
罗宾逊先生发现了 于是就这样了
that Mr Robinson’s found out, and that’s what it’s about.
争执 怎么回事
Carrying on? How?
康格拉斯 罗宾逊先生的妻子
Congress? Mr Robinson’s wife?
所以我才辞职了 我都无法♥正♥视他人
It’s why I resigned. I couldn’t look people in the face.
我知道几个月了 爸爸还不知道
I’ve known for months. Papa doesn’t know.
他只知道他被解雇了 不知道原因
He just knows he’s been dismissed, he doesn’t know why.
艾米莉知道 我告诉她了
Emily does. I told her.
我们还不能确定就是因为这个
And of course we don’t know that is the reason.
艾米莉在哪
Where is Emily?
你一定知道是因为什么
You must have some idea what this is about!
你觉得反反复复一遍遍问我
You think repeating the question enough times, over and over,
我就能回答你吗
is suddenly going to make me able to answer it?
如果你不能回答 那必须得给他写信
And if not then someone must write to the man
讨一个说法
and ask for an explanation!
他讨厌我 他才不会给我任何解释
He hates me! He’s not going to give any kind of an explanation.
这就是借口 为了赶我走
It’s an excuse to get rid of me!
他是魔鬼 他是恶霸
He’s a monster, he’s a bully,
他目空一切 他就是个傻瓜
he’s a law unto himself. He’s an idiot.
他为什么讨厌你
Why does he hate you?
他为什么需要找个理由来赶走你
Why does he need a reason to get rid of you?
因为他年老多病 而且他嫉妒我
Because he’s old, he’s ill and he’s jealous of me!
不 不 不 这说不通
No, no, no. That doesn’t make any sense!
这其中一定有什么误会
There must have been a misunderstanding.
有人在他面前诽谤你吗
Has someone misrepresented you to him?
天哪
Just… GOD!
这个家
This HOUSE!
去睡你们的觉 别再问我这些蠢问题
Just go to bed and stop asking me fucking questions!
如果你不喜欢这个家 就别待了
If you don’t like this house, don’t stay in it.
我们没人会想你的 看你这德行
There’s none of us’ll miss you, not when you’re like this.
我得知道到底发生了什么
I need to know what happened!
告诉他
Tell him.
勃兰威尔偷♥情♥
Branwell’s been at it.
和他雇主的妻子
With his employer’s wife.
她很寂寞
She was lonely.
她很寂寞
She was lonely!
走上这条目光短浅的自我毁灭之路
‘Tis a shame you’re embarked
我为你感到羞耻
on this course of myopic self-destruction,
你我本不至于沦落至此
for I imagine you and I might – under better circumstances –
应该彼此陪伴 相互激励
have made very stimulating company for one another!
我唾弃你代表的一切 革命就在眼前
I despise everything you stand for! Revolution is in the air!
只有像你这样的愚人 先生 才会视而不见
Only a fool like you, sir, would ignore it!
如果牧师和你们勃兰威尔姑妈在的话
If the parson and your Aunt Branwell were in,
你们就不会这么吵闹了
you’d noan make so much din!
他们还以为你们是村庄里
They all think you’re right quiet
最稳重好学的呢
and studious down in t’village, y’know!
布朗先生到了
Mr Brown’s here.
爱尔兰又发生了一场暴♥动♥
Another outrage has happened in Ireland.
12日 一伙奥兰治党人在阿尔马郡
A party of Orangemen at Armagh, on the 12th,
无视禁止游♥行♥的建议
unhappily disregarding the advice given them, of abstaining from processions…
准备好了吗 小子
Are you fit, lad?
好了 我只是
Yeah, I’m just…
他们以礼节自我约束
Conducting themselves with propriety.
约翰到了 我们要走了
John’s here. We’re off.
-别起来了 -不 我想见见他
– Don’t get up. – No, no. I’d like to see him.
你今天好吗 约翰
How are you today, John?
我很好 谢谢 勃朗特先生
I’m very well, thank you, Mr Bronte.
很好 很好
Good, good.
一路顺风
Well, travel safely.
挑了个好日子出发
Picked a fine day for it, eh?
你照顾好自己
You, er, look after yourself.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得 我们用善良
I think, with kindness
理解和祈祷
and understanding and prayer,
就算他幼稚
we might still be able…
又荒唐
in spite of his naivety
我们应该仍然能够
and…his nonsense…
将他带回正轨
be able to get him back onto a proper path.
爸爸 你会从利物浦给我们带礼物吗
Will you bring us all something back from Liverpool, Father?
你们规矩点 我们等着瞧
You behave yersen. And then we’ll see.
你这混♥蛋♥
You dozy bastard.
居然被抓
Getting caught.
安妮于1845年六月
Anne left her situation
自愿辞掉了她在格林村的工作
at Thorp Green of her own accord, June 1845.
勃兰威尔走了
Branwell…left.
我们都很健康
We are all in decent health
只有爸爸老是抱怨眼睛不好
only that Papa Has a complaint in his eyes
还有勃兰威尔的离去
and with the exception of Branwell,
我希望他今后能够过得更好
who I hope will be better and do better here after.
我经常感到无事可做
I am seldom more ever troubled with nothing to do
我只是希望

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!