好像从未有过光明
The light just never went on, you know.
当然 我应该早就知道的
I must have have known, of course,
但是我却如此害怕去看到事实
but I was too scared to see the truth.
于是恐惧让你变得愚蠢
Then fear just makes you so stupid.
不 这不愚蠢 梅丝夫人
No. It’s not stupid, Signora Mayes.
爱是盲目的
L’amore è cieco.
爱是盲目的 是的 我们也有这种说法
Oh, love is blind. Yeah, we have that saying, too.
每个人都知道 因为它是条真理
Everybody has that saying because it’s true everywhere.
我不想再盲目
I don’t want to be blind anymore.
这所房♥子有3个卧室
This house has three bedrooms.
如果从没有人在里面睡觉 那它还称得上是卧室吗
What if there’s never anyone to sleep in them?
如果从未有人在厨房♥煮过东西
And the kitchen,
那么它还能称得上是厨房♥吗
what if there’s never anyone to cook for?
我晚上醒来 对自己说 你是个傻瓜
I wake up in the night thinking, “You idiot.
我是指你是世上最蠢得女人
I mean, you’re the stupidest woman in the world.
你为了生活买♥♥了房♥子 可你却未曾拥有过生活
You bought a house for a life you don’t even have.”
那你为什么还这么做
Why did you do it, then?
因为我厌恶一直害怕着
Because I’m sick of being afraid all the time
因为我希望得到些东西
and because I still want things.
我想在这所房♥子里举♥行♥婚礼
I want a wedding in this house,
我想有个家 和家人一起生活在这所房♥子里
and I want a family in this house.
夫人 在奥地利和意大利之间
Signora, between Austria and Italy,
有段属于阿尔卑斯山脉的地方叫塞默灵
there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering.
那是一段很难想象的悬崖峭壁 是山脉的很高的一段
It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains.
他们横跨这段山脉修建了铁轨
They built a train track over these Alps
这些铁轨连接了维也纳和威尼斯
to connect Vienna and Venice.
他们在火车能通行之前
They built these tracks before there was a train in existence
就修了这一段铁路
that could make the trip.
他们修建铁轨是因为他们知道这一天会出现的
They built it because they knew someday the train would come.
我想你的蛇因为参加舞会而离开了
I think your snake has gone for the evening.
是的 我想你是对的
Yes. I think you’re right.
夫人
Signora.
不要再伤心了
Please stop being so sad.
如果你继续这样
If you continue like this,
我将不得不给你我的爱
I will be forced to make love to you.
我从未对我的妻子不忠
And I’ve never been unfaithful to my wife.
快乐些 夫人
Buonanotte, signora.
是的 快乐些 马提尼先生
Yes. Buonanotte, Signor Martini.
谢谢
Grazie.
在那儿出现火车之前 一条铁轨就贯穿了阿尔卑斯山脉
A train track through the Alps before there was a train.
马提尼先生希望我找回自信
Signor Martini wants me to have faith.
这是我从来就做不好的事 现在甚至更糟
Something I’ve never been good at, and now I’m even worse at.
不是我不希望自信 我一直嫉妒那些充满自信的人
Not that I don’t want faith. I’m jealous of the believers.
但我就像个落伍的卫理公会派教♥徒♥
But as a fallen-away Methodist,
虽然我承认开始有些自欺欺人
I do not expect to emerge from all of this a Catholic,
但我不希望在这些天主教♥徒♥里显露什么
although I admit some interior juggling is going on.
令我吃惊的是 我开始对玛利亚有了好感
To my surprise, I have become friendly with Mary.
这一切都是从那场她跟我一起渡过的暴风雨开始的
It started the night she stood by me through the storm,
我不是个天主教♥徒♥
knowing full well I’m not a Catholic.
然而 不知何故 她更像我喜欢的玛丽姨妈
Yet, somehow, she seems more like Mary, my favorite aunt,
而不像圣母玛利亚
than Santa Maria.
玛丽姨妈无处不在 她平静的外表总是让我们相信
Aunt Mary is everywhere here, her calm presence assuring us
所有的事都会顺其自然的发生的
that all things will go on as they have before.
圣诞快乐
Buon Natale.
圣诞快乐
Buon Natale.
这是我妻子弗洛拉
This is my wife, Flora.
我的女儿史黛拉
And my daughter, Stella.
史黛拉 圣诞快乐
Stella, buon Natale.
(意大利语)
多和谐的一家
What a beautiful family.
我想我可能会遇到你 所以我给你带了份礼物
I thought I might see you, so I have a gift for you.
这是圣洛伦佐
It is San Lorenzo.
他是厨师们的守护神
He is the patron saint of cooks.
他为了殉教而死 他在烤架上被烤干直到他说
Apparently, he was martyred on a grill and seared until he said,
把我翻过来 这面已经烤好了
“Turn me over. I’m done on this side.”
不是吧
No!
是的 现在他是厨师们最喜爱的人
Yes. And now he is the favorite saint of chefs.
如果你向他许愿的话
I think if you prayed to him,
他会帮你找个人来让你为之做饭
he will help you find someone to cook for.
谢谢 马提尼先生
Thank you, Signor Martini.
圣诞快乐 夫人
Merry Christmas, Signora.
圣诞快乐
Buon Natale.
(意大利语)
我向圣洛伦佐的请求很快得到了答复
My prayers to San Lorenzo were quickly answered.
我想已经有人我可以为之做饭了
I realized I already had someone to cook for.
很多人
Plenty of someones.
好啊
Bravo!
-好啊 -好极了
-Bravo! -Bravo!
好啊
Bravo!
(意大利语)
-好的 -看见了吗 弗朗西斯 意大利语很容易
-Good. -See, Frances? Italian is easy.
(意大利语)
(意大利语)

No!
你和她谈过了吗
Have you talked to her yet?
我和她谈过了
I have talked to her.
为什么不坐到她旁边去 去吧
Why don’t you go sit next to her? Go on.
好的
Okay.
凯瑟琳
Katherine!
弗朗西斯卡 上来
Francesca! Come up!
我正在让人帮我画幅肖像
I’m having my portrait painted.
凯瑟琳
Katherine?
到这边来 我在这儿
Come through. I’m in here.
-我下次再来 -为什么 你没有打扰我
-I’ll come back another time. -Why? You don’t bother me.
弗朗西斯 这是宙斯
Frances, this is Zeus.
他是艺术系的学生 从马其顿来
He’s an art student from Macedonia.
他现在在研究托斯卡尼的阳光 和我住在一起
He’s staying with me while he’s studying the Tuscan light.
再来杯酒 亲爱的
More vino, darling.
他不错
He’s not bad.
也不是太好
He’s not good, either.
瞧 我得走了 我下次会再来的
Look, I’m going to go, but I’ll come back another time.
你真是令人无趣
Oh, you’re so boring!
什么
What?
我说你无趣
I said you’re boring.
看看你自己
Look at you!
你现在很伤心
You’re sad.
又来了
Again!
你像个大黑洞
You’re like a big black hole.
对不起 但是我
Excuse me, but I…
费费总是说 遗憾就是浪费时间
Fefe always said, “Regrets are a waste of time.
它们让你无法从过去中解脱面对现实
They’re the past crippling you in the present.”
我只是从门里走过
I just walked in the door.
如果你继续沉迷其中 你如何才能快乐
How are you ever going to be happy if you keep wallowing?
听我说 当我还是个小女孩时
Listen, when I was a little girl,
我总是数小时地看瓢虫
I used to spend hours looking for ladybugs.
最后 我会放弃 然后在草地上睡着了
Finally, I’d just give up and fall asleep in the grass.
当我醒来时 它们爬得我满身都是
When I woke up, they were crawling all over me.
然后呢
So?
然后就回到家里做家务 忘掉一切
So go work on your house and forget about it.
你给我走
I said go!
我正要走
I’m going!
在家里做家务 忘掉一切
Work on the house and forget about it.
为什么我就想不到
Gee, why hadn’t I thought of that?
每个重生的人都会有这么个时候
There comes a time in every remodeler’s life
不想接受更多的有帮助的建议
when one doesn’t want any more helpful advice.
不再想让一个不可靠的人
There comes a time when you no longer want shaky guys
盯着你想上帝知道什么
staring at you thinking God knows what,
用波兰语小声嘟哝
whispering things in Polish
你很高兴你什么也不明白
you’re really glad you don’t understand.
(波兰语)
当这个时间来临前你只能做这么多
There’s only so much you can take before there comes a time
于是你只能离开
when you just have to get out.
(意大利语)
小姐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!