根据真实故事改编
荷西!
José!
贝托
Beto…
表哥,另一边见
See you on the other side, primo.
妈妈
祝福我一路平安
Well, Mommy, give me the blessing for the road.
好的,儿子
Yes, mijo.
季末时,我们就会回来
We are coming back when the season is over.
完成建造我们的房♥子
And we will finish building our house.
荷西!
José!
我们上路吧,儿子
Let’s go, mijo.
–爸,你在哭吗?
Dad, are you crying?
–没有…
No, no…
眼睛进沙而已
…just some dirt got into my eye.
好了
All right.
你们知道帝王蝶
Did you know that the monarch butterflies
从比美国更北的地方飞来
fly from farther north than the United States,
一路飞到米却肯州吗?
all the way here to Michoacán?
当春天来临时,牠们就会飞回去
And when spring comes, they go back.
这些只有一克重的小昆虫
These little bugs that weigh just one gram
却能迁徙3200公里
make a 2,000-mile journey.
让人不禁深思,对吧?
Makes you think, right?
♪ All the leaves are brown… ♪
每年都有数以万计的工人
Tens of thousands of these workers
从墨西哥越过边境来到这裡工作
are brought across the border from Mexico every year.
他们有老有少
They are the very old and the very young,
有男人和男孩,也有女人甚至孩子们
men and boys, women and even children,
接着被送去各地的大型农场工作 包括帝王谷
then sent to work on big farms in the Imperial Valley,
圣华金谷、萨利纳斯谷
the San Joaquin Valley, the Salinas Valley,
圣克拉拉谷
the Santa Clara Valley.
加州 州界
♪ California dreamin’ ♪
♪ On such a winter’s day… ♪
别太兴奋
Don’t get too excited.
我们不会在这裡停留太久
We won’t be staying here for long.
♪ On such a winter’s day. ♪
孩子们请就座,
Okay, everyone to your seats.
我们要开始上课了
We’re gonna start our class.
荷西,
José.
你回来了
You’re back.
2乘以11等于多少?
Two times 11?
二十二
22.
–2乘以12?
Two times 12?
二十四
24.
那2乘以17?
How about two times 17?
三十四
Thirty-four!
请用英语
In English, please.
三十四?
Thirty-four?
大家觉得这样很好笑?
You all think that’s so funny?
谁能告诉我7乘以60等于多少?
Who can tell me what seven times 60 is?
不…7乘以63等于多少?
Oh, no, no, no. Let’s make that seven times 63.
回答吧,赫南德兹先生
Take it away, Mr. Hernández.
四百四十一
Four hundred and 41.
贝托
Beto.
很高兴你也回来了
So nice to have you back as well.
请坐
Have a seat.
♪ Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying ♪
你为什麽没去上学?
Why haven’t you been to school?
因为工作
Work.
♪ Too many teardrops for one heart… ♪
Good morning! Cheer up, people!
Transmitting to all the Latino community from California and Texas.
A big “hello” to all my friends who are getting ready to work in the fields.

This single from Mark and The Mysterians is for you, “96 Tears”…
时间到了
José, it’s time.
振作起来!
Cheer up, people!
♪ Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying ♪
我们走吧!
Let’s go!
♪ Too many teardrops for one heart to carry on… ♪
欢迎来到奇诺 万物皆生长的地方
妈妈
Mom…
星星有什麽用途?
…what are stars for?
那是学校该回答的问题
That’s a question for school.
区域作物清单
萨利纳斯
斯托克顿
Hey! We’re back. This is Radio Cadena…
♪ I’m gonna get there ♪
♪ We’ll be together ♪
♪ For just a little while ♪
欢迎来到萨利纳斯
♪ And then I’m gonna put you… ♪
哇哦
Ow!
借过!
Excuse me!
♪ And you’ll start crying ♪
♪ 96 tears… ♪
拿着,儿子,
Take this, mijo.

Come on.
我受够了!
I’m sick of this!
我好累!
I’m tired!
我被晒伤了,
I’m sunburnt!
浑身是泥巴
I’m full of mud!
而且我很臭!
And I stink!
我没办法继续下去了!
I can’t do this anymore!
别笑,蠢贝托!
Shut up, stupid Beto!
你以为我不累?
You think I’m not tired?
你妈妈也不累?
Or that your mom is not tired?
佩皮托,看看你浑身是泥
Oh, Pepito… look at this mess.
你怎麽办到的?
How do you do it?
你说你累了,但我看不出来
You say you’re tired, but I don’t see you tired.
因为我有一套要诀,孩子
It’s because I’ve got a recipe, mijo.
首先
The first thing is
你必须知道你想要什麽
you have to know what you want.
第二,看清你站的位置
Second, look where you’re standing.
你还需要走多远
How far you still need to go.
第三
Three…
你必须思考如何到达那裡
you have to think how you’re going to get there.
第四个要诀
Fourth ingredient,
如果不知道怎麽到达,那就必须学习
if you don’t know how, you have to learn.
第五,也是最后一个
Fifth, and last one.
当你以为你已经成功了
When you think you’ve made it,
你可能需要更加努力
you’ll probably have to try even harder.
好,今天的回家作业
Okay, so for homework,
你们要写一篇作文
you’ll need to write a composition…
题目是“当我长大后…”
“When I Grow Up.”
我要看到你们写出许多…
I want to see how you come up with many…
–贝托 –…优美 –又有力的形容词
Beto. Beto. – …beautiful and powerful adjectives.
–贝托!
Beto. – Okay?
快醒醒!
Wake up, Beto.
“当我长大后,我想成为什麽?”
“When I grow up, what do I want to be?”
你如何描述你想成为的人?
How can you describe what you want to be?
如果你借走一本书 请把书归还
杨老师
Miss Young.
星星有什麽用途?
What are stars for?
“星星有什麽用途?”
“What are stars for?”
这是个不好回答的问题
Well, that is one tough question, sir.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我想你会成为
I think you’re gonna be one of those people
能够真正回答那种问题的人
who can actually come up with an answer for that kind of question.
费尔莫小学
当我长大后
1969年 Lety!
要诀一 找到目标
Pepito. Pepe!
快发射了!
It’s about to happen!
他们刚刚在广播上说的
They just said it on the radio.
佩皮托,快来,
Pepito, come!
拿着天线
Hold the antenna!
月球上的人,佩佩。
Man on the moon, Pepe.
倒数进行得非常顺利
“It’s been a real smooth countdown.”
现在剩下不到50秒了
We’ve passed the 50-second mark.
电力转移已完成
Power transfer is complete.
此时是用发射载具的内部动力
We’re on internal power with the launch vehicle at this time.
距离阿波罗11号♥升空还有40秒
40 seconds away from the Apollo 11 liftoff.
所有二级火箭燃料箱已加压
All the second stage tanks now pressurized.
倒数还剩35秒
35 seconds and counting.
我们仍然准备发射阿波罗11号♥