本作由真人真事改编而成
I’m thinking of the incredible breakthrough
我想到的是那因通讯的发展而成为可能的
which has been made possible by developments in communications,
惊人的突破
particularly the transistor. And above all,
特别是在半导体方面,其中
the communications satellite.
更以通讯卫星为尤
These things will make possible a world
这些事儿能让这世界中的我们
in which we can be in instant contact with each other,
可以即时联♥系♥到对方
wherever we may be.
无论我们身在何处
It will be possible in that age,
到那个时代
perhaps only 50 years from now,
也许只要五十年后吧
for a man to conduct his business from Tahiti or Bali
一个人在塔西提还是巴厘岛管理他的业务
just as well as he could from London.
和他本人在伦敦一样
In fact, if it proves worthwhile,
事实上——如果值得这样做的话
almost any executive skill,
几乎所有的执行技能
any administrative skill,
所有的行政技能
even any physical skill,
甚至所有的身体技能
could be made independent of distance.
都不再依仗物理距离而行使
When that time comes,
到那时
the whole world will have shrunk to a point.
整个世界的交流都将坍缩成一个奇点
And the traditional role of the city
而城市作为给人们见面、联♥系♥提供场所的
as a meeting place for man
传统角色
would have ceased to make any sense.
终将失去其意义
In fact, men will no longer commute.
亦即,人们不再通勤
They will communicate.
人们只需通讯
-Fuck’s sake. -We’re not late!
-我♥操♥ -我们可没迟到啊
-No, I know, but I’m going to throw up.
是,我知道,但我要吐了
-Okay.
行吧
Shit!
妈的
Matt Sundin is the sleepiest of all out there.
马特·桑丁是这帮人里面最懒的
He’s proven NHL talent but not scoring like the Leafs need —
他确实证明有打NHL的天赋,但他进球能力达不到多伦多红叶的要求 —
-Your 9:00 is here. -Where’s Brock?
-你九点约的人到了 -布洛克呢?
-His office. -Mr. Balsillie?
-搁他办公室呢 -巴尔西里先生——
You wanted to see this report. -Talk to Shelly.
你得瞅一眼这报告 -跟雪莉约时间
[Muttering] Integrated circuits…
[嘟嘟囔囔] 集成电路……
Well, I finally understand that quote,
得,我终于理解那句话了
When you grow up, your heart dies.
长大了就是死心了
That’s from “Breakfast Club.”, John Hughes.
早餐俱乐部的词儿,约翰休斯拍的
Do you hear that?
你听着没?
[Low hiss]
[嘶嘶]
-Uh, yeah.
呃,听着了
-You talk about that buzzing? -Mm.
-你说那嗡嗡声儿啊? -嗯呢
It’s an office, I’m sure they got a million little buzzes.
这儿一个办公室,有点嗡嗡声儿正常
-Mm. -It’s a subtle buzzing.
-嗯呢 -嗡得也不大
-There. -You’ve identified it.
-这块儿 -这让你找着了
-Mm. -What?
-嗯呢 -怎的了?
Made in China — the mark of the beast?
中国制♥造♥ — 末日兽印啊?
[Hissing distorts]
Uh… Um…
啊……呃……
Mike? -I can’t concentrate.
迈克? -这玩意影响我注意力
-And so what? Are you going to fix this?
所以呢?你要给他修好呗?
-I’m going to fix it. -Uh, now’s not the time.
-我是要给他修好 -啊,这会儿不太方便吧
The meeting starts in, like, two minutes.
还有两分钟就开会了
Now’s not the time. Now’s not the time.
这会儿不行啊,这会儿不行啊
Now’s not the time. -Okay
这会儿不行啊 -好好好
I need, like, a paper clip.
给我整个,那啥,曲别针
-That’s a guy’s thing. That’s a guy’s fucking thing.
那是个机修儿的活儿啊,那他妈是个机修的活儿啊
-It has no off switch. That means it’s always on.
这玩意没有关机按钮,说明这玩意从来不关呗
So it’s just always buzzing. -Uh-huh. Yeah.
所以这玩意永远嗡嗡响 -嗯哼,确实
Um… Well,
啊……得,
Yeah, go fast.
给,赶紧的
-You can tell him he’s not going — [chuckles] —
你直接告诉他,他不能 -[笑]-
He’s not going to get steel.
他不能整钢材
Alloys, Harry!
合金啊,哈里大兄弟!
I’ll call you back.
晚点再说啊
-They’re outside.
他们到了
-These guys really are Dutch, huh?
这帮人是不是荷兰人啊?(指守时)
-[Chuckles]
-[笑]
Listen, Rick, I’ve thought about this a lot.
那啥,瑞克,我寻思了挺一会儿了
And if these guys take the deal,
要是这帮人接受这笔买♥♥卖♥♥
I want to run the new division.
我想经营这个新部门
-Think you can run this place?
你觉得你能行了呗?
-Yes! Yes!
是啊!那肯定啊!
-Me too.
我也觉得你能行
Just so we’re clear, if this thing doesn’t go,
事先说好啊,如果这事儿没成
we never had this conversation.
我可啥也没说
-Great. Great. Um…
-行,太行了。那啥……
-Thank you.
谢谢你呗
-There’s one adjustment.
有点儿变化
Apparently the Americans offered them
很明显美♥国♥佬♥给他们提了一个
some fancy tax splitting plan,
什么花式税收拆分计划
so we need to show them the Canadian version.
所以我们得给他们展示个加拿大版的
-I don’t have that. -No, no.
-我没那玩意儿啊 -是,确实
-Callahan worked something up last minute.
-最后时刻卡拉汉整了一个
We’re going to bring him in to explain it.
我们得让他参与,把这事儿讲明白
-Callahan. Uh…
卡拉汉,呃……
You know what? I think that’s a bad idea.
跟你讲啊,我感觉这主意不太行
-Why is that?
怎的呢?
-I tell you what, Rick, why don’t you have
这样吧,瑞克,你就让卡拉汉
Callahan explain the tax thing to me
给我讲一下这个税收政策
and I’ll just — I’ll work it into my pitch.
然后我就 — 用我的语言讲一遍
I think that’s better. -Kyle was up all night
我觉得这样更好 -凯尔一宿没睡
putting this together as a favor to me.
把这事儿整明白了,就为帮我个忙
He gets to present. -Rick, I mean…
得让他露一手 -瑞克,我的意思吧……
You’re going to have this guy present to Stork?
你让这小子露一手,搁斯托克面前展示?
I mean, he looks like a…fucking, a total goof.
就,他长得……像个他妈二傻子似的
-Jim… I’m not asking.
吉姆… 我可没求你
-Okay, great.
行,可以
-Okay. Bald, scary looking guy walking towards us right now.
好了,白毛儿,一个长得挺吓人的哥们儿过来了
-God damn it! -Mike?
-我了个大去 -迈克?
-Yeah. Got it.
-好,整完了
-Watch the fuck out! -Oh, shit.
-他妈的走道瞅着点儿! -我♥操♥
Sit down. Sit down.
坐好坐好坐好
-Much better.
好多了
-[Sighs]
[叹气]
-Yeah. What can I do for you?
二位,找我什么事儿?
-Yes. Hi.
啊,你好啊
I’m Mike Lazaridis, CEO of Research in Motion.
我是迈克·拉扎里迪斯,RIM的首席执行官
We create various computer hardware systems
我们做各种电脑硬件系统
using both custom design integrated circuits,
有用定制设计的集成电路的
as well as off the shelf components
也有用现成儿元件的
provided by major hardware vendors such as Intel,
主要供应商都是大硬件厂,比如英特尔
American Micro Devices and CYRIX.
美微半导体(也许指AMD)和赛睿克斯
Our clients have included US Robotics,
我们的客户包括美国机器人公♥司♥
Rogers Cantel, RAM Mobile.
罗杰斯手♥机♥、RAM手♥机♥
-Just a second.
稍等一下
[Dialing]
[拨号♥]
Hey, you’re on Callahan’s desk, right?
唉,你在卡拉汉桌那儿是不?
Okay, great. This is Jim Balsillie.
好,很好,我是吉姆·巴尔西里
Brock wanted me to do a quick proof of that tax stuff
布洛克让我会前简单核一下
before the meeting. Could you bring me a —
税那个事儿。能给我拿一份……
Exactly.
对对对
Okay, great. Thanks.
行,太好了,谢了
Okay, uh, what is this?
好了,啊,继续吧
-So w-we had a shop teacher…
嗯我……我们有个教技术的老师
who told us — oh, we had a shop teacher
跟我们讲过 — 噢,我们高中那会儿有个教技术
in high school named Mr. Moshinsky,
的老师——莫老师
who told us the person who puts a computer inside a phone
他跟我们讲说,将来能把电脑放进电♥话♥里的人
will change the world.
就是改变世界的人
Well, we have a plan to piggyback
于是我们计划利用
on the unused bandwidth of the UHF spectrum
在超高频率下的闲置频段
to create an all in one mobile device.
创造一个多合一的移♥动♥设备