最后一个问题
Last question.
五十年后 某个年轻人会从箱子里
Fifty years from now, some youngster’s gonna pull this disc
拿出这盘光碟
out of a box.
也许会对成为一名战地记者说长道短
and maybe make a judgment about becoming a journalist.
你想让年轻人了解玛丽 科尔文
What would you want that youngster to know about Marie Colvin
以及她作为一名战地记者的哪些方面呢
and about being a war correspondent?
非常难的问题
Very difficult question.
就像在写自己的讣告
It’s like writing, uh, your own obituary.
我希望当我回头看人生的时候 我能说
I suppose to look back at it and say, you know, I cared enough
我很在意去这些地方并写出一些
to go to these places and write, in some way,
能让别人像我当时那样
something that would make someone else
在意它的作品
care as much about it as I did at the time.
有一点就是你无法到达你要去的地方
Part of it is you’re never gonna get to where you’re going
如果你承认恐惧的话
if you acknowledge fear.
我认为恐惧来得晚一些
I think fear comes later,
在一切都结束的时候
when it’s all over.
英国伦敦
去霍姆斯的前11年
– 你卡住了吗 – 是啊
Are you stuck? Yeah.
卡在结尾了
Struggling with the end.
英雄总能抱得美人归
The hero always gets the girl.
这是本关于海战的书
It’s a book about naval warfare,
但你说的我会记住的
but I will keep that in mind.
我们真应该复婚
We should get married again.
上次的效果不太好 对不对
It didn’t work so well last time, did it?
我们可以去航海
We can go sailing.
我正在看安提瓜岛呢 太美了
I was looking at Antigua. It’s beautiful.
我想再试试要孩子
I wanna try for a baby again.
我觉得这不是个好主意
I don’t think that’s a good idea.
为什么
Why not?
我们试过了
We tried.
你也不再年轻了
You’re not 35 anymore.
– 佐伊 – 我在
Zoe? Yeah.
– 西蒙在巴勒斯坦吗 – 不在呢
Is Simon in Palestine? No.
该死的 每日电讯报的人已经到了
Oh, for fuck’s sake. The Telegraph are already there.
我们要拿不到阿♥拉♥法特的独家了
We’re gonna lose the scoop on Arafat.
还有谁能去
Who else could go?
该死
Oh, shit.
蓝屏死机了吗
Blue screen of death.
让我来
Let me, um…
你只要按住Control Alt Delete键
You just control, alt and then delete,
等大概三四秒钟
and then you just hold it down for, like, three or four seconds.
就好了
There you go.
谢谢 你是新来的吗
Thanks. Are you new?
是的 我是凯特 理查森
Yeah, I am. I’m Kate Richardson.
上周刚来国际组
Just started on the foreign desk last week.
– 真好 我是玛丽 科尔文 – 我知道你
Oh, great. Marie Colvin. Yeah, I know who you are.
我是你的超级粉 一直想找机会向您请教
I’m your biggest fan. I’d love to pick your brain sometime.
我的第一条建议
Well… My first word of advice
就是别做他让你做的 任何事
is don’t do anything he tries to get you to do.
谁啊
Who?
玛丽 我要你去巴勒斯坦 不是斯里兰卡
Hey, Marie. I need you in Palestine, not Sri Lanka.
肖恩 那边没有战争报道
Sean, there is an unreported war there.
是的 因为那里是记者的禁区
Yes, because journalists have been banned
超过六年了
for more than six years.
我没法让你去
I can’t let you go.
成千上万的饥荒儿童
Thousands of starving children.
如果政♥府♥发现你了 他们会杀了你
If the government catches you, they’ll kill you.
我和泰米尔反叛组织的领导人有个会面
Look, I have an interview with a Tamil rebel leader.
找别人吧
Find someone else.
斯里兰卡
Sri Lanka.
斯里兰卡 瓦尼战区
政♥府♥拒绝让联♥合♥国♥救援队通过他们的封锁线
The government refuses to let UN aid through their siege lines.
政♥府♥否认在瓦尼地区的禁令
Well, the government’s denying there’s an embargo on the Vanni.
政♥府♥在撒谎
The government lies.
您一直以敢于说真话而著称 科尔文小姐
You have a reputation for speaking honestly, Miss Colvin.
人们听信于你
People listen to you.
你一定要让世界知道
You must let the world know
泰米尔猛虎组织愿意接受政♥治♥协商
the Tamil Tigers are willing for a political settlement.
我们只要求平等权利
We only demand equal rights.
看 这就又回到了英国殖民统治那套了
Look, that all goes back to British colonial rule.
我改变不了它
I can’t fix that.
再说了 这不是我来这的原因
Anyway, that’s not why I’m here.
那你想写什么
Then what will you write about?
这里有一半人不能填饱肚子
Half of the people living here are starving,
另一半人生病得不到救助
and the other half are sick.
没错 政♥府♥正在封锁救援线
Sure, the government is blockading aid,
但哪怕一点点通过封锁线的物资
but what little gets through
都被你们猛虎军私吞了
is stolen by your own Tiger army.
这里有人死亡 但没有人知道
There are people dying here and nobody knows it’s happening.
在战区 父母晚上去睡觉的时候
In war zones, parents go to bed at night
并不知他们的孩子 能否见到第二天的旭日
not knowing if their children will see the morning.
这是一种我无法体会的恐惧
That is a measure of fear that I can never feel.
但当你正在报道一场战争的时候
But when you’re covering a war,
你必须去一些你可能被杀死的地方
you have to go to places where you could be killed,
或者其他人正在被杀的地方
or where others are being killed…
去那边
Go there.
一步接一步
…and put one foot in front of the other
不管你有多害怕
no matter how afraid you are
让苦难成为记录的一部分
to make that suffering part of the record.
安全吗 穿过去安全吗
Is it safe? Is it safe to walk through?
只有这条路能出去 只有这一边
Only this way out. Only this side.
– 这是唯一出去的路吗 – 是这条
Is this the only way out? This way.
好的
Okay.
玛丽 小心
Marie, be careful.
趴下
Stay down.
我没带武器
I’m not armed!
记者 美国人
Journalist! American!
把你手拿开 我看不到了
Get your hands off me. I can’t see.
– 把你手拿开 我看不到了 – 冷静 没事的
Get your hands off me. I can’t see. Calm down. It’s okay.
我在哪 天哪 我看不见了
Where am I? Oh, my God. I can’t see.
– 你必须休息 科尔文小姐 – 我要我的笔记本
You must rest, Miss Colvin. I need my notebook.
安抚
Conc…
安抚的话对泰米尔西尔万来说并不容易
Conciliatory words do not come easy to Thamilselvan,
这位泰米尔猛虎组织的二号♥领导人
the second in command of the Tamil Tigers.
他拄的拐杖
The walking stick he carries
是他在战争中三次负伤的荣耀
is a legacy of the three times he was shot in battle
自为了独♥立♥而发起的血战以来
since the beginning of the bloody war for independence.
大卫 开门
David. Door.
我来了
I’ve got it.
他带着温柔和关心的眼神望着我
He’s looking at me with such tenderness and concern
我都快受不了了 他说
and I just can’t stand it anymore, and he says,
我们可以试着医好眼睛
“We can try to save the eye.”
我说 不可能 除非你把这该死的鲸鱼音乐关掉
And I said, “Not until you turn off that fucking whale music.”
宝贝 我来
Whoa, whoa! Hey, babe, let me.
不 别帮我 别他妈帮我
No, don’t help me. Don’t you dare fucking help me.
好了 这是最后一瓶 好好倒
All right, this is our last bottle. Get it right.
桌上的红酒比我家里储藏还多
The table has had more wine than I have.
加油 加油
Go on. Go on.
听听这个
Oh, here’s one.
我们泰米尔人为你这位
“We Tamils are so proud
勇敢的外国记者感到自豪 玛丽 科尔文
of your brave foreign correspondent, Marie Colvin.
我们对她来访瓦尼地区
Aw. “We appreciate her visit to the Vanni area
并将新闻传递给外界表示感激
“to bring the news to the outside world,
我们祝她早日康复
“and we wish her, ‘Get well soon.'”
斯汀和楚蒂也向你祝好
Wow. Sting and Trudie wish you well, too,
他们说很多名人
and they said there are lots of famous people
都是一只眼失明了
who are blind in one eye.
像小山米·戴维斯
Um, Sammy Davis Jr.
电台司令里那个家伙
The bloke from Radiohead.
詹姆斯·乔伊斯 摩西·达扬
James Joyce. Moshe Dayan.
摩西·达扬

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!