该死
Fuck.
这意味着我可能是癌症三♥期♥
That means I might be stage three. Cancer.
我叫汉娜·弗莱
My name is Hannah Fry.
该方程概括了
This equation encapsulates all of
亚原子世界的所有基本属性
the fundamental properties of the subatomic world.
我是位数学教授
I’m a professor of mathematics,
我一生都在试图用数字
and I’ve spent my life using numbers to try
理解我周围的世界
and understand the world around me.
一座空港城市 其建造和运营
An airport city, and building it and running it
考验了我们的极限
has tested us to our absolute limits.
去年一月 我被诊断患有宫颈癌
In January last year, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.
我开始拍摄自己
I started filming myself
以应对发生在我身上的事
as a way to cope with what’s happening to me.
天啊 感觉我的肠子要出来了
Oh, God, oh, my God, it feels like my guts are going to come out.
同样 这是你膝盖四周
Again, this is around your knee.
我不得不和我的医生一起
With my doctors, I’ve had to make
做出关于我治疗的艰难决定
some hard decisions about my care,
我不确定这些决定是否正确
and I’m not sure we’ve always got them right.
这类肿瘤一般是恶性的
They are often very aggressive with this sort of tumour,
通常会浸润大量淋巴结
and they often take out a lot of nodes.
欢迎来到我的癌症研究山洞
Welcome to my cancer research cave.
我开始沉迷于癌症背后的统计学…
I’ve become obsessed with the statistics behind cancer…
这些是我的书
My books.
这不禁让我怀疑自己对该疾病的所有假设
And it’s made me question all my assumptions about this disease.
我现在想弄清
Now I want to find out
医生和病人对治疗有何感受
how doctors and patients feel about their treatments.
我们治疗癌症的选择都是正确的吗
Are we making the right choices in how we deal with cancer?
药房♥
化疗区
对九十五名女性来说
For 95 of those women,
化疗对她们的癌症没任何作用吗
chemotherapy made no difference to what happened to their cancer?
是的
Yep.
筛查癌症是个好主意吗
Is searching for cancer always a good idea?
这是张经典的过度诊断图
This is a classic graph showing overdiagnosis,
因为你所做的就是诊断出
because what you’re doing is you’re diagnosing
越来越多的甲状腺癌
more and more and more thyroid cancer,
但死亡率却并没任何下降
but you’re not making any difference to death rates.
我们是否变得过于害怕这种疾病
Have we become so afraid of this disease
以致于不惜一切代价也要战胜它
that we’ll do anything to fight it, no matter the cost?
只要有百分之一的几率 就有希望
As long as there’s a percentage, there’s hope.
这意味着我可能是它有作用的那百分之一
It means I might be that 1% that it works for.
当我面对自己的生存概率时会怎么做
And what will I do when faced with my own odds?
我想无论现在发生什么
I think, whatever happens now,
这彻底地改变了我
this has fundamentally changed me, like.
认识癌症
五 好吧 你想把那个给…
Five! OK, do you want to give that to…
我和丈夫菲尔以及我们的两个女儿
I live in South London with my husband, Phil,
生活在伦敦南部
and our two daughters.
来吧 宝贝
Come on, sausage.
她们一个两岁 一个四岁
They are two and four.
她们都很聪明
They are absolutely brilliant,
也同样非常调皮
and ridiculously hard work in equal measure.
我丈夫菲尔 是全职爸爸
Phil, my husband, he’s a stay-at-home dad.
他照顾孩子们
He takes care of the kids,
孩子主要由他带
he’s their primary carer.
我觉得我们之间是上世纪五十年代那种
I like to describe it that we’ve got a very
非常传统的关系
traditional 1950s relationship,
只是角色发生了调转
just everything’s switched around the other way.
若非有家庭的支持
There’s no way that I would be able
我不可能干好我的工作
to do my job unless I had that home support.
这种特殊算法的工作原理
This particular algorithm, it works a lot like
很像手♥机♥输入法的联想功能
predictive text does on your phone.
我想通过数字看待事物的好处在于
I think the thing about looking at things through numbers is
它给了你一个机会
that it gives you a chance to see yourself
从完全不同的角度看待自己和这个世界
and to see the world from a completely different perspective.
假设你有一条走廊
If you imagine you have a corridor
里面有许多人朝着相反的方向移♥动♥
with lots of people moving in opposite directions,
人们在行进过程中会自发形成这些”车道”
people naturally form these lanes in pedestrian traffic.
我喜欢想象
I like to imagine it as though
自己生活在
you’ve got these two worlds
两个平行世界
that are running in parallel to one another.
一方面 你生活在现实世界
So, on the one hand, you’ve got kind of like the real world,
与此同时 你就像也生活在
and then running alongside it, I think it’s almost like you have
相同世界的数学版本中
a mathematical version of that same world.
在这个世界 你有的全是数字
So, this is the one where you have all of the numbers
数据资料和方程式
and all of the data and all of the equations.
通过这种方式 你能拉远镜头
It’s a way that you can zoom out
看清事物的本来面目
and see things as they really are,
而不是你以为它们的样子
rather than how you perceive them to be.
2021年1月 我的人生改变了
In January 2021, my life changed.
我的医生打电♥话♥告诉我
I had a call from my GP telling me
他们在我的宫颈涂片检查中发现了异常
they detected abnormalities on my smear test,
这项检查我推迟了六个月
an appointment I’d put off for six months.
我们现在所做的
So, this one that we’re doing here
是为了弄清你的血型
is for your blood group and type.
在他们告诉我病情之前
I had a number of follow-up investigations
我做了大量后续检查
before they could give me the full picture.
他只是告诉我了事实
He just told me the facts,
他们发现了一个肿瘤
which were that they’d found a tumour
有彩色糖球那么大
and it was about the size of a gobstopper,
完全在宫颈内部
and it was all contained within the cervix.
在那一刻 你并没意识到发生了什么
In the moment, you don’t really realise what’s happening,
之后 你才从一切中回过神来
and then it’s only after that you’re reeling from everything.
“刚刚发生了什么”
“What the hell just happened?”
你的头发很干净
Your hair’s really clean.
你洗头了吗
Did you wash it?
对 我自己一个人洗的
Yeah, all by myself. I did it myself.
无法保证一切都会好起来
There’s no guarantee that this is all going to be OK.
我有美好的生活
And I’ve had a pretty good life.
对自己来说 一方面你会觉得
Like, it’s one thing for yourself to be like,
“好吧 如果我只能活到36或37岁也行”
“OK, if I only live to 36 or 37, OK, you know, whatever.”
就好像…
Like…
看看我所有的经历
Look at all of the experiences I had,
看看我要做的那些很棒的事
and that look at all of the brilliant things that I gotto do,
看看我要结交的那些朋友
and look at all the friends I got to make.
我不能接受我的女儿们没有我
I can’t quite deal with the idea of my daughters not having me.
我想 这真的很难
That’s the really hard bit, I think.
汉娜是人 所以她会担心 但与此同时
Hannah’s human, so she worries, but at the same time,
信息令她感到兴奋
she thrives on information.
她是位数学科学家
You know, she’s a mathematician and scientist and she,
数据是她
you know, data is her is, you know,
赖以生存的东西 她就是这样的人
the thing she lives by. That’s who she is.
所以当这样的事发生时
So, when something like this happens,
她会想 “我需要知道一切
she’s like, “I need to know everything.
“我不想有任何遗漏”
“I don’t want to leave any stone unturned.”
就像一种本能反应
Like an instinctive reaction,
只是想去读一下
to just want to read about it.
《癌症及其治疗》
《与癌共存》
过去四十年
In the last 40 years,
英国的癌症存活率已翻倍
cancer survival rates have doubled in the UK.
由于更加成熟的手术方法和治疗手段
50% of people diagnosed now survive at least ten years,
半数的确诊患者
and that’s due to an ever more sophisticated raft
化疗
目前至少已存活十年
of surgeries and treatments.
第一项推荐给我的干预措施是手术
The first intervention recommended for me is surgery,
他们称之为”根治性子♥宫♥切除术”
what they call a radical hysterectomy.
他们不仅仅摘除子♥宫♥
They don’t just take out the uterus,
或切除宫颈
they don’t just take out the cervix.
还会切除阴♥道♥顶端部分
They take out the top section of the vagina,
切除输卵管
they take out the fallopian tubes,
及其周围所有组织
they take out all the tissue that surrounds it,
因此 最终我的膀胱和肠子间
so that, in the end, there’s nothing between my bladder

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!