我等不及想看她们
I can’t wait to see them.
你仍狩猎豺狼和狮子吗
Do you still hunt jackals and lions?
或是你成为贵族了
Or have you become too dignified?
-战神第一 爱神第二 -战神第一 爱神第二
-Down Eros, up Mars! -Down Eros, up Mars!
柱子交叉处
Where the beams cross?
不错
Good.
这么多年后
After all these years!
仍然不相上下
Still close.
在每一方面
In every way.
但愿如此
I hope so.
我知道
I know.
你是罗马人 我是犹太人
You’re a Roman, and l’m a Jew…
你救过我一命
whose life you once saved.
我做过的最好一件事
The best thing I ever did.
犹大…
Judah…
这是很难管理的一省
it will be very difficult to govern here.
我需要帮助
l’m going to need help.
你的帮助 你的忠告
Your help. Your advice.
-你要我的忠告吗 -是的
-You want my advice? -Yes, I do.
撤出你们的军队
Withdraw your legions.
给我们自♥由♥
Give us our freedom.
可惜 皇帝很热心经营他的帝国
Unfortunately, the emperor is devoted to his empire.
他尤其对朱迪亚省有兴趣
He’s particularly fond of Judea.
但朱迪亚人对他没兴趣
And Judea’s not fond of the emperor.
还有比未获报答的爱更难过的吗
Is there anything so sad as unrequited love?
我的指挥所
My quarters.
有点阴森
A bit grim.
才不
Not grim.
简朴 高洁
Austere. Virtuous.
罗马人
Roman.
我是新任总督格拉多斯的第二指挥官
l’m going to be second-in-command to the new governor, Valerius Gratus.
他近日内会到 带者更多的军团
He’s coming in a few days with more legions.
那么谣言是真的了
Then the rumors are true.
皇帝不满你的同胞
The emperor does not approve of your countrymen.
只要有一丝反叛的迹象 就要予以镇♥压♥
There is rebellion in the wind. It will be crushed.
但你和你家人与此无关
But you and your family need have no concern.
我是下一任总督 并且 你是我的朋友
l’m next in authority to the governor, and you’re my friend.
-我是犹太人 -你像个罗马人
-l’m a Jew. -Ah, you are like a Roman!
你和那些闹事的乌合之众有相同点吗
What have you in common with the troublemaking rabble?
他们是我的人♥民♥ 我是他们的一员
They’re my people. l’m one of them.
明智些 犹大
Be wise, Judah.
世界是罗马人的 要活下去就要成为它的一部分
It’s a Roman world. If you want to live in it, you must become part of it.
你变了
You’ve changed.
我长大了 我离开耶路撒冷 见了不少世面
I’ve grown up. I’ve seen the world since I left Jerusalem.
我看过了罗马 它不是台伯河边的小村庄…
I’ve seen Rome. It’s no accident that one small village on the Tiber…
它能被选上统治世界并非偶然的
was chosen to rule the world.
全靠你们的军队
Your legions.
不仅仅是只靠我们的军队
It wasn’t just our legions.
其他很多国家都有军队 精良的军队 我和他们交战过
Other countries have armies, fine armies. I know, I fought them.
哦 不
Oh, no.
不 是命运选上我们来教化世界 我们做到了
No, it was fate that chose us to civilize the world. And we have.
我们的道路及船只连接着世界上每个角落
Our roads and ships connect every corner of the earth.
罗马的法律 建筑 文学是人类的光荣
Roman law, architecture, literature are the glory of the human race.
我对民族的未来有信心
I believe in the future of my people.
当然 而且你能帮助他们
Of course you do. And you can help them.
如何
How?
你是贵族
You’re an aristocrat.
家族名声显赫 你是人♥民♥之王
Your family’s name is honored. You’re a prince to your people.
你富有 权高 你名誉无瑕
You’re rich and powerful. Your reputation is stainless.
你说要反对叛乱 他们会听的
They’d listen if you spoke out against rebellion.
说服你的人们抵抗罗马是愚蠢的
Persuade your people that their resistance to Rome is stupid.
甚至更差 是徒劳的
It is worse than stupid, futile!
这只会导致一种结果:你们民族的灭绝
For it can end in only one way, extinction for your people!
我反对暴♥力♥ 大家都知道
l’m against violence. Everyone knows this.
我开口说过 以后也仍会讲
I’ve spoken against it. I shall do so again.
那我们就一致了
Then we’re agreed!
我何时可以见到你家人
Now, when can I come to see your family?
-希望明天就可以 -好
-We had hoped tomorrow. -Good.
来干一杯吧
And now for our toast.
顺便说一句 这酒真够呛
It’s dreadful wine, by the way.
它是为罗马军队特别酿制的
It’s especially fermented for the Roman army.
你对你的征服者可很不领情
You’re very cruel to your conquerors.
这是个疯狂的世界
It’s an insane world.
但有一件事很清醒
But in it there is one sanity:
老朋友的忠诚
The loyalty of old friends.
犹大 我们必须彼此信任
Judah, we must believe in one another.
愿为此干杯吗
Will you drink to that?
以心为证
With all my heart.
就是这里 我牢记的地方
Here it is, the place I’ve remembered.
在庭院里玩交换卫兵
The court where we played at changing the guard.
常站在屋顶上向行人丢石头 然后藏起来
The roof where we’d throw pebbles at people in the street and then hide.
-我们是坏孩子 不是吗 -不 你们是好孩子
-We were rascals, weren’t we? -No, you were good boys.
我真希望能重温那时光
I would have that time again.
这是这里 什么也没变
And here it is. Nothing has changed.
除了喷水池
Except for the fountain.
-老井常常干枯 记得吗 -每个夏天都干枯
-The old well would go dry, remember? -Promptly, every summer.
新的喷水池 新的塔莎 你长大了
A new fountain and a new Tirzah. You’ve grown up.
-他没有变 是吧 -妈妈 没变
-He hasn’t changed, has he, Mother? -No?
他当然变了 离开我们时是男孩 现在是个男人了
Of course he has. He was a boy when he left us, now he’s a man.
身负重任
With great responsibilities.
来吧
Come.
皇帝不停建筑使石块变成宝石
The emperor builds and builds, turning brick to marble.
哦 差点忘了 我给你带了这个
Oh, I almost forgot. I brought you this.
我以前从未见过像这样的东西 真美
I’ve never seen anything like this before. It’s beautiful!
-是罗马的吗 -不 是利比亚的 去年我在那里
-Is it Roman? -It’s Libyan. I was there last year.
一场大会战
A tremendous campaign.
双方军队在海岸边遭遇 打了两天 他们逃了
Our armies met on the coast. After two days of fighting, they fled.
我们向他们的首都进军 野蛮的城市但很迷人
We marched on their capital. Barbaric city, but fascinating.
可惜被我们毁掉了
Or was, till we destroyed it.
现在那里只剩下了废墟
Now it’s nothing but ashes.
抱歉讲这些战事使你们无聊
l’m boring you with soldier stories.
跟我来 我有东西给你看
Come with me, there’s something I want to show you.
谢谢你
Thank you for this.
我选对了给你的礼物 这是给女士戴的胸针
I chose the right present for you. It’s a brooch for a woman.
觉得它怎样
What do you think of it?
棒极了
Magnificent.
阿♥拉♥伯产的
It’s Arabic.
我看它像个种马 就养了
I think he has the look of the breed. I’ve raised him.
哪天我们骑骑看看
Let me try him sometime.
随时都可以 它是你的了
Whenever you like. He’s yours.
你说要把它送给我
Do you mean you’ll give me this?
哦 犹大
Oh, Judah.
你太好了 我知道都会像从前一样
You are good. It’s going to be like old times, I know it.
犹大 告诉我 你…
Judah, tell me, did you…
想过我昨天的话吗
think about what I said?
想过 我己和许多人谈过了
Yes. Talked to a number of people already.
我说反对暴♥力♥ 反对惹事
Spoken against violence, against incidents.
多数都同意我
Most of the men agree with me.
多数 不是全部
Most? Not all?
是的 不是全部
No, not all.
谁不同意
Who does not agree?
一些激动的 少耐性的
Well, the resentful, the impatient.
他们是谁
Who are they?
对 犹大 他们是谁
Yes, Judah. Who are they?
我得为了维持你的友谊而告密
Would I retain your friendship if I became an informer?
揭发罪犯可不算告密
Telling the names of criminals is not informing.
他们不是罪犯 梅瑟拉 他们是爱国者
They’re not criminals, Messala. They’re patriots.
爱国者
Patriots?!
我来跟你解释一些事 一些你可能不知道的事
Let me explain something to you. Something you may not know.
皇帝在看着我们 这一刻 他在看着东方
The emperor is watching us. At this moment, he watches the East.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!