它应该跑内侧 这样在转弯时可以稳定其他的马
He should run on the inside where he can steady the others in the turns.
你眼光很敏锐 哪里学的
You have a keen eye. Where did you acquire it?
罗马竞技场
In the circus in Rome.
你在大竞技场驾过车
You have driven in the great circus?
告诉我 朋友 我可否使我那四只马配合无间
Tell me, my friend, could you make my four run as one?
我要赶到耶路撒冷去
I’m on my way to Jerusalem.
你难道不能休息一晚天亮再走
Would your caravan rest until tomorrow?
我们有足够的时间吃饭 喝酒 谈天
We have time enough to eat, drink and talk.
来我帐里恢复一下精力
Come into my tent and refresh yourself.
让我听听你如何在罗马比赛
And let me hear how you raced in Rome.
如果我有歌♥喉 我会为你唱支马的圣歌♥
If I had a voice to sing, I would sing you the psalm of horses.
没有其它动物如此大规模流传下来…
No other animal has descended so in scale…
从世界诞生之时
from the first innocent falling of the world.
明天我就把安塔雷移到内侧
And tomorrow, I shall put Antares on the inside.
做时 也把轭弄短些 这可帮助它们转弯
When you do, shorten the yoke. It will help them in the turns.
犹大•宾虚
Judah Ben-Hur.
你是犹太人 却能在大竞技场驾车
You’re a Jew, yet you drove in the great circus.
是的
Yes.
奇怪的选择 更奇怪的命运
By a strange choice and a stranger fortune.
你的到来正合适 正好
Your coming here was so fit, so right.
我们或可完成奇迹
We might have achieved wonders!
你不得不走
You have to go.
我的旅程迫不及待
I make a journey which will not wait.
好了 或许你会回来
Ah, well, then perhaps you will come back.
再来时 带上你的朋友和妻子
And when you do, bring your friends, your wives.
我没有妻子
I have no wives.
一个也没有
No wives at all?
我有6个 不 7个
I have six, no, seven.
我数到了8
I’ve counted eight.
那是因为他在旅行 他在家里有更多
And that is because he is traveling. At home, he has more.
相信我 有很多老婆大大有益
Believe me, it is a great advantage to have many wives.
-某一天 我希望娶一个 -一个老婆
-Someday, I hope to have one. -One wife!
一个上帝 我能理解 但一个老婆 就不够文明了
One God, that I can understand. But one wife, that is not civilized.
不够大方
It is not generous.
-食物不合你胃口吗 -的确如此
-Was the food not to your liking? -Indeed.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
听我的忠告 朋友 多娶几个老婆
And take my advice, my friend. Buy yourself some wives.
现在我要向我的美人们说晚安了
And now I must say good night to my beauties.
一到准备睡觉 她们就会急躁 妒忌
When ready for sleep, they get impatient and jealous.
她们等着看我会搂抱哪一个
They wait to see which one I will embrace first.
-我也要说再见了 -不 不 不 留下
-I’ll make my farewells then. -No, no, no, stay.
留下看看她们
Stay and see them.
过来 我的孩子们 过来
Come, my children. Come.
陌生人使它们害羞
Strangers make them shy.
过来
Come.
过来 不要害怕 过来
Come, do not be afraid. Come.
这里 我的孩子们
There, my children.
它们是法老王朝阿♥拉♥伯马的后代…
They are descended from the Arabians of the Pharaohs…
我以星星的名字命名它们
and I have named them for the stars.
过来 安塔雷
Come, Antares.
你是最慢的 你可以跑一整天不累
You are the slowest, and you can run all day without tiring.
什么 是 是
What? Yes, yes.
是 我也爱你 我的好安塔雷
Yes, I love you too. There’s my good Antares.
过来 瑞杰
Come, Rigel.
晚餐不错 这世界真好
We’ve both supped well, and the world is good.
我的好瑞杰
There’s my good Rigel.
是的 你要准备睡觉了
Yes, you are ready for sleep.
跑了一天累了 嗯
The day’s work done for you, eh?
是的 好 你马上就可以睡了
Yes, well, you can go to sleep in a minute.
晚安 晚安 我的宝贝
Good night. Good night, my treasure.
稳健的爱尔德伯瑞 我没有忘记你
Steady, Aldebaran. I haven’t forgotten you.
不 你最快 但要稳
No. You are the swiftest, but you must be steady.
从未见过更好的马了 即使在罗马
Never seen finer horses, even in Rome.
你该看看它们的母亲 米耶拉
You should see their mother, Mira.
我不敢带她来 我的人♥民♥不能忍♥受她的不在
I dare not bring her. My people couldn’t bear her absence.
好了 好了
All right, all right.
你是他们朋友了 它们并不轻易表露它们的情感
You are their friend, and they do not give their affections readily.
过来 安塔雷 瑞杰 时候不早了
Come, Antares, Rigel, it is late.
阿塔 爱尔德伯瑞 睡觉去
Altair, Aldebaran, go to sleep.
你们一定要强壮 迅速
You must be strong and swift.
去吧 我的孩子们 去吧
Go, my children. Go.
在耶路撒冷 它们将与世上最好的队伍竞赛…
At Jerusalem, they’ll race the world’s finest teams…
还有远东的冠军 梅瑟拉的黑魔队
and the champion of the East, Messala, with his black devils.
他不择手段地去赢
He stops at nothing to win.
-梅瑟拉 在竞技场 -是的
-Messala? In the circus? -Yes.
你知道他
You knew him?
我认识他
I know him.
也许没有太多的喜欢
Perhaps without much liking.
犹大•宾虚 我的人♥民♥正祈祷能有人…
Judah Ben-Hur, My people are praying for a man…
驾他们的车获得胜利 击败梅瑟拉
to drive their team to victory over Messala.
你应该是那个人 那个…
You could be that man, the one…
把梅瑟拉的傲慢跺进沙子里的人
to stamp his arrogance into the sand.
我的马仅仅需要一位能配得上它们的驭手…
My horses need only a driver who is worthy of them…
用爱驾驭它们 回报他的 将是它们风一般的速度
one who will rule them with love. For him, they’d outrace the wind.
不可能
It’s not possible.
可惜
That is a pity.
想想 打碎他的骄傲…
Think of it. To break his pride…
在大人物面前羞辱这个护民官
to humble this tribune before the very people he has degraded.
好好想想 败在犹太人手下的羞辱
Just think, his defeat and humiliation at the hands of a Jew!
我知道那是不可能的
I know it is not possible.
难道它没有给你的想象带来快乐
Does it not delight your imagination?
难道它不符合你的目的
Does it not answer your purpose?
我必须用自己的方法对付梅瑟拉
I must deal with Messala in my own way.
用你的方法就是杀掉他
And your way is to kill him.
我从你眼中看出这可怕的事情 犹大•宾虚
l see this terrible thing in your eyes. Judah Ben-Hur.
但是无论这个人对你做过什么
But no matter what this man has done to you,
你都没有权利杀死他
you have no right to kill him.
他必然要受到惩罚
He will be punished inevitably.
我不相信奇迹
l don’t believe in miracles.
生命就是个奇迹
But all life is a miracle.
你为何不接受上帝的审判
Why will you not accept God’s judgment?
你不相信奇迹
You do not believe in miracles.
然而 上帝曾对我说…
Yet God once spoke to me out of the darkness…
一颗星引领我到一个名叫伯利恒的小村庄…
and a star led me to a village called Bethlehem…
在那儿 在一个马槽中 我发现一个新生的婴儿
where I found a newborn child in a manger.
上帝与他同在
And God lived in this child.
现在他长大成人 要开始其事业
By now, He is a grown man and must be ready to begin his work.
这就是我为什么回到这儿…
That is why I have returned here…
当他与我们同行时 我或许就能找到
so that I may be at hand when He comes among us.
他就在附近
He is near.
他和我们一样看着今晚的落日
He saw the sun set this evening, as we did.
或许他正站在某处的门口或山顶
Perhaps He’s standing in a doorway somewhere or on a hilltop.
或许他是牧羊人…
Perhaps He is a shepherd
商人 渔夫
a merchant, a fisherman.
但他活着…
But He lives…
我们的生命从现在起都将带着他的记号♥
and all our lives from now on will carry His mark.
条条道路通上帝 我的儿子
There are many paths to God, my son.
但愿你的道路不会太困苦
l hope yours will not be too difficult.
我要睡了
I’m ready for sleep.
巴台沙是好人…
Balthasar is a good man…
但是除非所有的人都像他一样
but until all men are like him,
否则我们必须保持刀剑明亮
we must keep our swords bright.
并且 保持我们的目的正确
And our intention true.
所以我必须离开你
So I must leave you.
最后一件想到的
One last thought.
竞技场内没有规则
There is no law in the arena.
很多人死在其中
Many are killed.
我希望能再见到你
l hope to see you again.
精美的大马士革丝绸
Fine Damascus silk.
精美的大马士革丝绸
Fine Damascus silk.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!