阿尔布开克市中心站
洗手间
麦克
Mike.
谢谢你来接我
Thanks for coming.
不谢 应该的嘛
Oh, yeah, of course.
我的车就停在街对面
I’m just parked across the street, so…
好 我…先去下…
Okay. I…I was just gonna hit the…
好 我到门口等你
Yeah, sure. I’ll meet you out front.

Okay.
保洁的 里面没人吧
Janitor. Anybody here?
卫生棉
再高点
Higher!
还高吗 好吧 那就再高点
Higher? Okay, you asked for it.
好了 宝贝 下来吧
Oh, sweetheart. All right. Come on down.
爷爷有点累了
Pop-pop’s getting tired.
别闹啦
Don’t “Aw” Me.
你也稍微歇歇吧
You take a little break — little break.
自己玩会儿吧
Go on.
真是个好孩子
A good kid.
是啊 她挺乖的
Yeah, she is.
你觉得…
So, how do you like it…
大西部怎样啊
out west?
挺好 我喜欢广阔的天地
I like it. Wide-open spaces.
好吧
Yeah.
反正和之前是不一样了
Different, anyway.
是啊
Yeah.
你最近咋样
How you doing?
我…还好吧
I’m — yeah, I’m okay, you know?
还在适应
Adjusting.
凯莉呢
And Kaylee?
她也在慢慢适应
Yeah, she’s settling in.
她还会时常问起他…
She still asks about him —
问”爸爸在哪儿”
“Where is daddy?”
她很想他
She just misses him.
好吧
Yeah.
你准备待多久 麦克
How long you in town for, Mike?
我在这儿…
I’m here…
会一直待下去
for the duration, indefinitely.
我…好多了
I’m, uh — I’m better.
抱歉让你们等了这么久
And I’m sorry it took me so long.
我跟以前不一样了 这次是真回来了
But I’m not like I was. I’m back. I’m solid.
我想陪着你 凯莉 我的家人
I want to be here for you, for Kaylee, for my family.
那就好 你没事就好
That’s good. I’m glad to hear you’re better.
咋了
What?
你想说什么 亲爱的
What is it, honey?
麦克 我得问清楚…
Mike, I got to ask —
我知道我得向前看了
I mean…I know I just need to move on from this,
但有件事我一直很纠结
but I keep thinking about something.
纠结什么
About what?
就在马蒂死前
How, before Matty died,
几个礼拜
like, for a few weeks there,
他…性情大变
he was…different.
怎么变了
Different how?
我也说不清
Different — I don’t know.
变得喜怒无常
Moody, you know?
他基本上啥也不吃 也不睡觉
He barely ate. H-he wasn’t sleeping.
因为鸡毛蒜皮的小事就跟我吵架
He snapped at me about the stupidest things.
我以为他是工作不顺
I started to think something’s up at work
或是有人病了什么的
or — or someone’s sick, something like that,
但他不愿跟我说 把自己封闭了起来
but he wouldn’t talk to me. He clammed right up.
警♥察♥嘛 不愿吐露心事 你也知道
Cops aren’t real touchy-feely. You know that.
没错
No.
你说得也是
They’re not. No.
但这不是什么”男儿有泪不轻弹”
But this wasn’t the normal “Tough guys don’t cry” crap.
这里头肯定有问题… 你没发现吗
This was more. I mean… did you notice?
你没发现他的转变吗
I mean, did you feel anything like that from him?
没… 我没看出来
I don’t — as far as I remember, he seemed okay.
我觉得他挺正常的
He seemed okay to me.
我后来想着… 我…
Well, I started to think — I’m —
我都不知道该怎么想
I don’t know. I didn’t know what to think.
之后… 他死前大概三四天吧
But then…three days or — or four —
我记不太清了
I don’t remember —
凌晨两点半电♥话♥响了
But before he died, there was this phone call.
我醒了 发现马蒂没在床上
2:30 in the morning, I wake up, and Matty’s not in bed.
我听见他在楼下说话
And I hear him. He’s talking downstairs.
我就躲在楼梯上偷听
So…I go to listen on the stairs, where he couldn’t see.
他当时很生气
He gets intense.
尽管他在低声说话
Like, he’d be screaming
但好像随时会大叫 你知道吗
if he wasn’t whispering, you know?
马蒂很少生气的 他总是看得很开
Matty didn’t get worked up. He’d let things go.
但这次不一样 他非常生气
But — but this — I mean, he was angry.
他真的非常生气
He was really angry.
他当时在说什么
What was he saying?
我听不太清楚 是关于…
I couldn’t make it out. It was something about…
我不知道 我听不清
I don’t know. I couldn’t hear it.
但第二天早上 我问他
But the next morning, I called him out —
“昨晚怎么了 发生什么事了”
“What the hell was that about? What’s going on?”
可他不肯跟我说
And he wouldn’t talk to me.
但我想…
But I think…
我想他是在跟你说话
I think he was talking to you.
我吗
Me?
还会有谁呢
I mean, who else?
有那么一刻
For one hot second,
我想他是不是有外遇了
I thought maybe he was catting around —
不 他不会那样做的
No, he wouldn’t do that.
是的 我知道 但是你…
No, I know. I know that. But you —
他知道如果有困难随时可以找你
He knew he could call you anytime he had a problem.
你们俩那么亲密无间
You were thick as thieves, the two of you.
他的声音有些奇怪
And there was something in his voice.
他说话的方式
It was… how he was talking.
让我觉得他就是在跟你说话
It makes me think it was you.
史黛西 我想那不是我
Stace, I don’t think it was.
我不记得跟他有过深夜谈心
I can’t recall any late-night heart-to-hearts with him,
那个时候没有
not around then.
可能是他的线人或者什么案子
Maybe it was a C.I. or a case.
听我说
Listen.
我知道你在做什么 一遍又一遍回想
I know what you’re doing — replaying it over and over,
想着 “如果我当时意识到了什么
thinking, “If I’d noticed this or changed that,
也许结果就不会是这样”
maybe I could have done something.”
你觉得我没这样想过吗 我也有
You don’t think I haven’t had those thoughts? I do.
每天都在想
Every day.
你不能再这样自责下去了
You got to quit beating yourself up like this.
马蒂不在了
Matty’s gone.
就是这样
That’s really all there is to it.
是啊
Yeah.
我想是吧
I guess that’s that.
时候不早了
It’s getting on.
我该去给凯莉做晚饭
I got to…get Kaylee her dinner
哄她上♥床♥睡觉了
and put her to bed.
是啊
Uh, yeah.
好吧
Okay.
如果你需要我过来照看她 我…
Well, if you want me to drop by and keep an eye on her, I…
我愿意帮忙
I want to help.
回头见
See you around.
去哪
Where to?
出租车驾驶员许可证
你叫弗朗西斯科
“Francisco.”
是我
Yeah.
你很了解这个小镇吗
You know this town?
是的 当然
Yeah, sure.
有多了解
How well?
这是你自己缝的吗
You sew this up yourself?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!