你可以把红桃五放上去
You can move the red five up.
没错
Oh, yeah.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
这些牌为什么有孔
Why do the cards have holes in them?
这些是赌场淘汰的旧牌
They’re, uh — These are used cards from the casino.
赌场要是想把一副牌换掉
Once the casino pulls a deck of cards out of action,
会在牌上打孔 再把牌卖♥♥给公众
they drill a hole through them and sell ’em to the public.
很便宜 一两块
Just a buck or 2.
瞧瞧啊
Look at that.
我想这样是防止人出老千
I suppose that’s to prevent people from cheating with them.
是啊
Yeah.
也算是不错的纪念品
Makes for a good souvenir.
这些是凯撒赌场的
These are from Caesars.
我没去过
I’ve never been.
越来越暗了
Getting dark.
不好意思 好像该关灯了
I hate to say it, but I think it might be time to kill the lights.
是的 先生 没问题
Oh, yes, sir. Of course.
真不用我给你泡杯茶吗
You sure I can’t make you a cup of tea?
不用了 先生 谢谢
I’m fine, sir. Thank you.
那好吧
All right, then.
绝命律师
第三季 第二集
正是我需要的
Just what I needed.
喝光 伙计们 别睡着了
Drink up, guys. Don’t need you fallin’ asleep.
电池你解决掉了吗
Hey, you take care of that battery?
解决了 最后还是没电了
Oh, yeah. It finally shit the bed,
但我们几小时之前换掉了
but we swapped it out a couple hours ago.
好 现在怎么样
Okay. How’d it go?
没问题
No problem.
-有人看见你吗 -没有 一个人都没有
– Anyone see you? – Nah. Dead over there.
好了
A’ight.
保持清醒
Stay awake.
目标
无信♥号♥♥
目标
死路
洛博罗炸鸡店
有人吗
Hello?
快进来
Come on in.
我是弗朗西斯卡·莉蒂
I’m Francesca Liddy.
我是来面试的
I’m here for the interview.
吉米·麦吉尔
Jimmy McGill.
是你来早了 还是我迟到了
Are you, uh, running early, or am I running late?
抱歉 是我来早了
No, sorry. I’m a little early.
没关系
It’s not a problem.
早点总没错
Never bad to be early…
不过死亡或交税什么的另当别论
except in death and taxes and…some other things.
我能问个问题吗
Hey, can I ask you a question?

Sure.
你觉得这画得直吗
Does that look straight to you?
我觉得那边
I think there — that — that side —
有点弯
I think you’re a little crooked —
M的下面
the bottom of the “M” there.
是有点弯
Yeah. A little crooked.
你在车管部做了七年之后辞职了
So, you’re coming off of seven years at the MVD?
是的
I am, yeah.
问题是 为什么新墨西哥州
Here’s a question — how come New Mexico
不像其他州一样管它叫车管所呢
doesn’t call it the DMV like every other state?
这个问题问得好
Well, that’s a great question.
就像在亚利桑那州
Just like in Arizona,
车辆管理部分属交通运输部 是一个部门
the Motor Vehicles Division is part of the DOT, a division,
然而其他州大多都是车管所
whereas, in most other states, the DMV,
也就是车辆管理所 自成一体 所以
or Department of Motor Vehicles is its own entity, so…
不知道这个回答你满不满意
I don’t know if that answers the question,
反正政♥府♥就这么叫的
except to say that’s the government for you.
你说得对
You got that right.
我才不会叫它车管部呢
Well, I, for one, am not calling it the MVD —
我会一直叫它车管所
DMV all the way.
你觉得在那里工作 最大的收获是什么
What do you think you learned the most working there?
耐心 交际手腕
Patience, diplomacy.
在那儿会碰到各种各样的人
you meet a-all sorts of people down there,
大多数都很不错 非常友善
a-and most are really great, really friendly,
但你会遇到一些爱挑事的人
but you encounter some who are upset, belligerent.
那老年人呢
What about old folks?
你遇到过很多吗
Uh, you get your fair share of them?
有好多上了年纪的司机
Oh, lots of elderly drivers.
七十五岁之后 他们得再考一次驾照
After 75, they need to take their test again,
要是没通过
so if they don’t pass,
你就得给他们解释
you have to explain to them
为什么不能帮他们更新驾照
why their license isn’t being renewed,
对他们来说挺难接受的
which is hard for them.
那你会怎么说
What do you say then?
你吼过他们吗
Do you ever… yell at them?
那些老不死的
I mean, geezers, right?
你怎么可能不吼呢
How can you not?
我从来没有
No, I would never.
没有
No.
你也不应该 这问题是个陷阱
Nor should you. That was a trick question.
你通过了 很棒
You passed with flying colors — very good.

Okay.
吉米和我的需求差异很大
Well, then, so, Jimmy and I have very different needs.
他的业务大多是帮老年人立遗嘱
His practice is mostly wills for senior citizens,
我现在只专心应付一位委托人
while I’m focused on a single client at the moment,
梅萨维德银行 因为他们的规章制度
Mesa Verde, with banking regulations
所以有成吨♥的文书工作
that generate a ton of paperwork,
我想找一个
so I’m looking for someone
有条理又注重细节的人
with an eye for organization and detail.
车管所很看重这一点
Well, DMV’s great for that —
那些驾照可是有上千处细节
tons of detail in those driver’s licenses.
我们确实每天见到上百张面孔
We did see hundreds of people every day,
你可不想把他们的表格弄错
and you’d never want to let a mistake slip through on their forms.
那样会引起一大堆问题
You’d just have a horrible cascade of problems.
听上去很有挑战性
Sounds challenging.
为什么选择律所
So, why the law?
为什么离开车管所 车管部
I mean, why leave the DMV — or MVD?
我觉得
I have to imagine
你们的待遇一定很不错吧
you’ll be giving up a good benefits package.
完备的医保和退休计划 但…
Good healthcare and retirement plans, but…
政♥府♥工作总牵扯到官僚主义
there’s a bureaucracy to government work
最终让我很沮丧
that ultimately became too frustrating.
用你们的话说就是繁文缛节太多
I guess what you’d call it — too much red tape.
我想去一个能成就一番事业的地方
I just want to be somewhere I can make a difference.
那就是我们 我们想干出一番事业
Well, that’s us. We’re all about making a difference.
你的简历上还写到你熟练使用
And I see here both Word and Excel —
-文字和表格办公软件 -没错
– you’re comfortable with? – Absolutely.
办公文件 天啊
Excel and Word? Wow.
你说到老年人时就已经打动我了
Well, you had me at old people.
我有个问题 你能今天就来上班吗
Hey, here’s a question — can you start today?
-我… -那个…
– I, uh… – Can —
可以
Yes?
-太棒了 -你能…
Fantastic. – Now, can you —
你能等我们商量下吗 弗朗西斯卡
Can you just give us a second, Francesca?
当然
Absolutely. I…
没问题
Of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我喜欢她
What? I like her.
“你能今天就来上班吗”
“Can you start today?”
你不觉得我们应该先看看别的简历吗
Don’t you think we should see some more résumés —
多看几份
like, a lot more?
她是第一个面试的
She is our first interview.
我们还没检查她的推荐信
We haven’t even checked her references.
我们这就查
So we’ll check ’em.
金 你一直在寻找一位律师助理

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!