Everything is back there!
我爱死这个地方了 太酷了
I love it! It’s so cool!
我喜欢这里的每样东西
And I love everything in it!
它看起来就像个房♥子
It looks like it could be a house.
说不定他就住在里面
And maybe he lives in here!
我相信他肯定住在这里
And I’m sure he really does.
但是还是太酷了 我根本停不下来
But it’s still cool, and I can’t even stop talking!
我跟他通信 打电♥话♥交流
I wrote him, and then I talked to him on the phone.
所以你认识库尔特博士
So, do you know Dr. Kurtz?
有时他会在博客上进行回复
Sometimes he does a talk-back thing on his blog.
在他的什么
On his what?
博客 他有一个博客
His blog. He writes a blog.
街区是什么鬼
What’s a block?
博客就是
A blog. It’s a…
博客
A blog.
我完全无法想象我就要去见他了
I can’t believe I’m going to meet him.
车上的一切都太酷啦
Everything is on this bus!
这就是学校
This is a school?
-博客上写的可不太准啊 -我知道
-The blog doesn’t do it justice. -I know.
抱歉让你们久等了 抱歉
Sorry to keep you waiting. Sorry.
我穿的像杰克·拉兰内
I’m dressed like Jack LaLanne,
我只有这周末比较空
I’m elastic only on the weekends.
我是库尔特博士
I’m Dr. Kurtz.
天啊
Shaka-ma-a-lya!
你真的是丹尼·柯林斯
You really are Danny Collins!
-是的我是 -哇
-Yes, I am. -Wow!
你真的是库尔特博士
You’re really Dr. Kurtz.
是啊
You really are.
-汤姆·唐纳利 -丹尼·科林斯
-Tom Donnelly. -Danny Collins.
我妻子 萨曼莎
My wife, Samantha.
女儿小希 很高兴见到你
My daughter, Hope. It’s so good to meet you.
我的球在她钱包里
And my balls are in her purse.
如果你等会儿想见它们
In case you want to meet them later.
你跟电♥话♥里的真不一样
You’re a lot different than talking on the phone.
希望如此
Well, I hope so.
你一定就是小希咯
You must be Hope.
我是汤姆
I’m Tom.
汤姆 那你一定是小希
Tom. Then you must be Hope.
你好 萨曼莎·唐纳利
Hi, Samantha Donnelly.
我是你推特的粉丝
I follow you on Twitter.
-谢谢你 -她关注你的博客
-Well, thank you. -She reads your blog.
那谁是小希
Then who’s Hope?
我是小希 这里
I’m Hope! Over here!
我是 我七岁 我是小希
That’s me! I’m seven! I’m Hope!
你好吗 让我带你四处走走
How are you? Let me show you around.
来啊你 是你找我的
Come on you, you started all this.
是的
Oh, I did.
妈妈爸爸 你们绝对不会相信的
Mom, Dad, you’re not going to believe it!
小希 小希
Hope! Hope!
她没事 会好起来的 她没事
She’s okay. She’ll be all right. She’s fine.
当她一年级的时候
It was in the first grade
我们开始发现她有些不对劲
when we started to notice that she was having some trouble.
是的 我们每周给她上一次家教课
Yeah, we got a tutor for her once a week,
我每天陪她锻炼 真的每晚都是
and I do these exercises with her, every night really.
但是她专注力不够
But she’s got trouble with focus.
这对我们而言才是真正的斗争
It’s been a real struggle for us.
真的吗
Really.
是的 真的
Yeah. Yeah.
大部分的学校会让像小希这样的学生
Most schools try to train children like Hope
去融入他们的教学体系
to fit into their systems.
我们更倾向于为孩子的需求来调整课程
We prefer to tailor a program to the child’s needs.
这里就像一个大型的特殊教育学校
It’s like one big IEP here.
个性化教育计划
Individualized Educational Program?
简称IEP
IEP.
看来你是下了功夫的啊 柯林斯先生
You’ve been doing your homework, Mr. Collins.
我记了下来
Got it right here.
来 让我带你们看看休息室
Come on, let me show you the rest.
你还记得住是谁做了最初的评估报告吗
Do you remember who did the original assessment?
玩的开心吗
You having fun?
还不错 我挺高兴的
A little, yeah. I’m very excited.
在暑期课程里我们的进度是平时的一半
We’re only half speed during our summer programs.
但是你依旧可以感受一下这个地方
But you can still get a sense of the place.
是的 我能感受到
Oh, yeah, I got a sense of it already.
那那个呢
How about that, huh?
那这是适合幼儿园五岁的孩子
So, is this just K through 5
还是直到8岁都可以
or all the way K through 8?
不 小学到中学都有
No, elementary and middle.
我们会将孩子教到八年级
We’d carry her through the 8th grade
然后我们会让她去我们认为合适的学校
and then we’d place her in one of our accredited…
不 不 我们住在新泽西
No, no, no. We live in New Jersey.
我们没法天天接送
We can’t come all the way in…
不 她会有一位专车司机
No, she’ll have a driver.
每天都有
Every day.
从家到学校
To and from school.
每天 直到大学毕业
Every day, through college.
签了它 同意书
Put that in writing. Guaranteed.
很明显
A more formal interview is required,
我们还需要一个更加正式的面试
obviously.
但是考虑到柯林斯先生的慷慨捐赠
But considering Mr. Collins’ generous donation
我看了下小希的分数
and what I see in Hope’s records,
我相信面试完全没有问题
I suspect the interview will go well.
你们还有些要讨论的
You have a lot to discuss,
但是相信我 你值得拥有
but trust me, you want this.
它足以改变小希的一生
This can change the course of Hope’s life.
我给你们单独留点时间
I’ll give you guys a minute.
谢谢你 博士
Thank you, Doc.
你是个很棒的爷爷
You’re a good grandpa.
谢谢你
Thank you, man.
相当感谢你 谢谢
Thank you so much for… Thank you.
是啊
Yeah.
既然今天学校的问题解决了
So, now that the educational portion of the day is over,
让我们来找点乐子吧
uh, let’s get to the fun stuff.
什么乐子 比如
What fun stuff? Like…
不 我们要回家了 对吧
No, we’re just gonna go back home. Right?
不 你说了给我一天的时间 还记得吧
No, you said a day. Remember?
我可没说过
No, I didn’t.
我们都同意了的对吧 萨曼莎
We agreed to it, Samantha.
是的 他答应了的
Yes, he did!
是的 他说了
Yes, he did.
我不认为你的同意是那个意思
I don’t think “agreed” is the word.
我没有同意花一天的时间
I didn’t agree to a day.
看在老天的份上 萨曼莎
Samantha. For God’s sake.
没问题
Okay.
萨曼莎 你站在哪边
Samantha, you were there.
好了 我们同意了
Okay. We agreed.
同意给你一天的时间
We agreed to a day.
我来看看
And when I check it,
一天还没过去呢
day ain’t over yet.
今天还没过完 爸爸
It’s not over, Dad!
他所说的一切都让我很不安
Everything he says upsets me.
他说的每件事都让我很不安
Every single thing he says upsets me.
就给他一天时间吧
Let him have this one day.
待着别的 我抱着她就好
Stay here, I got her.
亲一个
Kiss?
我想跟你说点什么
I wanna say something,
但是我又怕对你太过宽恕了
but I’m afraid I’m going to be too nice.
晚安 萨曼莎
Good night, Samantha.
谢谢 谢谢你
Thank you. Thank you.
吉米 你想帮她 不是吗
Jimmy, you wanna help her, please?
亲爱的 小心头
Watch your head, honey.
相当感谢你 吉米 谢谢你 伙计们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!