吉米,快起来,今天该你在弥撒上辅祭
Jimmy? Come on. You’re serving today.
克莉丝汀,我的裤子呢?
WARREN: Christine? Where’s my pants?
吉米!去店里帮我买♥♥份报纸和香烟
Jimmy! Go to the store, buy me the newspaper and cigarettes.
不行,今天是我当祭童
Can’t. Serving mass. I’m an aItar boy.
嗨,凯文 – 嗨,吉米
Hey, Kevin ! -Hey, Jimmy!
(ORGN PLAYING HOLY GOD, WE PRAISE T¤ NAME)
你终于来了 – 睡过头了
There you are. -Overslept.
还算按时到了 今天我负责盛器,你负责炭火
WeII, you made it. I’II do the cruets if you light the charcoal.
你觉得我胖吗?
You think I’m fat?
还算好吧 怎么了,衣服不合身?
You’re all right. What? Clothes don’t fit?
很合身
No, they fit.
弥撒结束后你去买♥♥下面包
You’re gonna be going to the bakery after mass.
我去?为什么你不去?
I am? Why don’t you go?
我要回去做早餐
I’m gonna be making breakfast.
我可以去做早餐
I can make breakfast.
难道你做过?
(SCOFFS) When have you ever?
真是滑稽
(CHUCKLES) Funny man.
早上好 – 早上好
MAN: Good morning, Connie. -Good morning.
圣洁的主啊,我们赞美你
CHOIR: (SINGING) Holy God, we praise thy name
早上好,神父
Good morning, Father.
Lord of aII, we bow before thee
All on Earth thy scepter claim
AII in heaven above adore thee
(ALL CHATTERING)
Infinite thy vast domain
Everlasting is thy reign
Infinite thy vast domain
Everlasting is thy reign
请坐
FLUNN: Be seated.
当你有疑惑时你将怎么做?
What do you do when you’re not sure?
这将作为我们今天布道的主题
That’s the topic of my sermon today.
去年肯尼迪总统被刺时
Last year when Predisent Kennedy was assassinated,
咱们中谁没经历前所未有的迷茫?
who among us did not experience the most profound disorientation?
或者绝望?
Despair?
以何种形式?现在又感觉如何?
Which way? What now?
我该如何给孩子们解释? 我该如何说服自己?
What do I say to my kids? What do I tell myself?
那时人们都感到迷失无助
It was a time of people sitting together.
因此人们纷纷聚集在一起
bound together by a common feeling of hopelessness.
但往深层次想想
But think of that.
你们是因为绝望而在一起
Your bond with your fellow being was your despair.
这种在社会蔓延的情绪非常可怕
It was a public experience. It was awful,
但我们大家在一起共同面对
but we were in it together.
试想要是一个孤单的人,不管是男人还是女人 独自承受着这不幸
How much worse is it then for the lone man, the lone woman,
情况将会怎样?
stricken by a private calamity?
“没人知道我的苦痛” “没人知道我失去了最后一个挚友”
“No one knows I’m sick.” “No one knows I’ve lost my last real friend.”
“没人知道我的罪过”
“No one knows I’ve done something wrong.”
想象下那种孤独
Imagine the isolation.
就好象透过玻璃看到外面的世界
Now you see the world as through a window.
一边是无忧无虑的人♥民♥
On one side of the glass, happy untroubled people,
另一边,则是你
and on the other side, you.
(SNEEZING)
上帝保佑你,修女 – 谢谢
God bless you, Sister. -Thank you.
给大家讲个故事
I wanna tell you a story.
某个晚上,一艘货船失火沉没了
A cargo ship sank one night. It caught fire and went down,
只有一个船员幸免遇难
and only this one sailor survived.
他爬上救生艇 撑起了帆
He found a lifeboat, rigged a sail,
根据航海经验
and being of a nautical discipline
他根据星座的位置判断方位
tumed his eyes to the heavens and read the stars.
他确定了一条回家的路线 接着精疲力尽,睡着了
He set a course for his home, and, exhausted, fell asleep.
WILLIAM: Just keeps going on.
霎时乌云密布
Clouds rolled in,
接下来的20个夜晚,他都没办法看到星星
and for the next 20 nights, he could no longer see the stars.
他认为他是在正确的航线上 但是没办法确认
He thought he was on course, but there was no way to be certain.
随着时间的推移 船员也日渐衰弱
And as the days rolled on, and the sailor wasted away,
他产生了疑惑
he began to have doubts.
他还说个不停 – 航线设定正确了吗?
He just keeps on going. -Had he set his course right?
现在还是朝着家的方向前进吗?
was he still going on towards his home?
是不是已经完全迷失 注定难逃一死?
Or was he horribly lost and doomed to a terrible death?
没法知晓
No way to know.
星象所传达的信息
The message of the constellations,
是不是他身处绝境而凭空想象的?
had he imagined it because of his desperate circumstance?
还是他曾经真的确认过… – 坐直
Or had he seen truth once… -Straighten up!
现在只需要继续坚持
…and now had to hold on to it without further reassurance?
今天在座的各位
There are those of you in church today
都能理解我描述的那种信仰危机
who know exactly the crisis of faith I describe,
我想告诉大家
and I wanna say to you,
疑惑有时和坚定一样 具有强有力且持久的力量
doubt can be a bond as powerful and sustaining as certainty.
每个人都会有疑惑
When you are lost, you are not alone.
以圣父、圣子、圣灵之名 阿门
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Amen.
(ORGAN PLAYS PRAISE GOD, FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW)
请起立
Please rise.
CHOIR: (SINGING) Praise God, from whom all blessings flow
Praise him aII creatures here…
(WATER RUNNING)
(BELL TOLLING)
嗨,神父 – 嗨,可普
Hey, Father. -Hey, champ.
今天的布道很有启迪性
That was some sermon.
你有何感想
Did it mean something to you?
我也想这么做,以后我要当一名牧师
I wanna do that. I wanna be a priest.
你以后一定是一名好牧师
You’d be a good one, I’m sure. Here.
来看看这个
Take a look.
好玩吗?
See?
(FLYNN HUMMING)
她翩翩起舞,好玩吧? – 嗯
She’s dancing. Kind of neat? -Yeah.
你来试下
Here. You try.
(BOTH CHUCKLING)
送给你了,拿去吧
That’s for you. Take it.
谢谢你,神父 – 不客气
Thank you, Father. -WeIcome.
(BELL RINGING)
(ALL CHATTERING)
像上诺亚方舟一样 孩子们,两个两个一排
Like Noah’s Ark, girls. Two by two.
GIRL 1 : Maryanne said it. GIRL 2: Let’s do it together.
GIRL 3: Okay. GIRL 1 : Yeah. It’s true.
GIRL 4: And did I tell you that Jessica’s having a sleepover on Saturday?
早上好,詹姆士修女
FLYNN: Morning, Sister James.
早上好,弗林神父 今天天气不错
Good morning, Father Flynn. Beautiful day.
嗯,还算不错 小淘气们,还好吧?
Not too bad. How’re the criminals doing today?
很好,神父 – 好,神父
Not bad, Father. -Good, Father.
早,可普 – 早,弗林神父
Morning, champ. -Morning, Father Flynn.
今天洗手了吧,伦敦先生
You wash those hands today, Mr. London?
洗过了,神父
I washed them, Father.
难讲,和你脖子颜色不一样
I don’t know. They’re a different color than your neck.
(CHILDREN LAUGHING)
早上好 – 早,弗林神父
FLYNN: Morning. CHILDREN: Morning, Father Flynn.
修女,今天有测试吗? – 返回队列
Sister, are we having the test today? -FLYNN: Get in line.
明天,威廉
Tomorrow, WiIIiam.
是考长除法么? – 还有其他的内容
Is it long division? -Among other things.
修女好 – 早
RAYMOND: Sister. -Good morning, Sister.
长除法占多少比重? – 住手
How much of it will be long division? -ALO*YSIUS: Boy!
威廉·伦敦,上来
William London. Come up here.
快点,别让我等
Come smartly, now. Don’t make me wait.
他怎么了? – 他碰到了詹姆士修女
GIRL 1 : What did he do? GIRL 2: He touched Sister James.
枪打出头鸟
The dragon is hungry.
禁止身体接触修女
GIRL 2: You don’t touch a nun.
(ALL CHATTERING)
请拿出历史书,翻到第683页
Take out your history books, please. Turn to page 683.
请说,拉尔夫 – 我忘记带历史书了
Yes, Ralph. -I forgot my history book.
和雷蒙一起看
You can Iook on with Raymond.
伦敦?
Mr. London?
你带历史书了吗? – 没有
Do you have your history book? -No, Sister.
和马洛伊一起看吧 – 非要那样么?他有口臭的!
Share with Mr. Malloy, please. -Do I have to? His breath stinks!
(STUDENTS LAUGHING)
我确定马洛伊同学没什么问题
I’m sure Mr. Malloy’s breath is just fine.
坐下
ALOYSIUS: Be seated.
罗斯福是美国第32任总统
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the 32nd president of the United States.
取下发夹,奥兰
That barrette out of your hair, Miss Horan.

Yes, Sister.
早,詹姆士修女,请继续
ALO*YSIUS: Morning, Sister James. Continue.
罗斯福和
Franklin D. Roosevelt, together with
林肯以及肯尼迪
Abraham Lincoln and John FitzgeraId Kennedy,
是美国最伟大的总统 他就任时
was perhaps our greatest president. When he assumed office,
美国有1300万失业人口
1 3 million people in this country were unempIoyed.
他们失去了希望
They’d lost hope,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!