Home 美国电影 吾家有女艾芙琳(2002)

吾家有女艾芙琳(2002)

0
吾家有女艾芙琳(2002)

来吧,柏娜蒂
Come on, Bernadette.
我们去拿我们的彩金吧 好的
Let’s go and collect our winnings. – Right you are.
戴斯蒙,我自己也买♥♥了一点
Desmond, I’ve got a few bob, myself.
你和柏娜蒂进展如何? 很好
How’s it going with Bernadette, then? – Great.
事实上,等这案子结束之后 我要她和我一块回美国
In fact, I asked her to come back to America with me when the case is over.
真的? 她怎么说?
Really? What did she say?
她说她会考虑一下
She said she’d think about it.
我要求过她搬来跟我一块住
I asked her to move in with me.
真的? 是的
Really? – Yeah.
她怎么说?
What did she say?
她说她会考虑一下
She said she’d think about it.
谁知道她会怎么做 费帝玛公♥寓♥对抗美国
Who knows what she’ll do. – Fatima Mansions versus the USA.
难以抉择
Tough choice.
修女,你为何不剪我的头发?
Sister, why don’t you cut my hair?
其他人你都剪了
You’ve cut everybody else’s.
因为她们的照片不可能上报
Because they are not likely to have their photos all over the newspaper.
那有何差别呢?
Why should that make a difference?
我觉得不该因为我父亲出名了 我就有所特别待遇
I don’t think that I should be treated special just because my daddy’s getting famous.
你的父亲不是交待我们别剪你头发吗?
But didn’t your daddy tell us not to cut your hair?
是的,那他没告诉你们让我回家吗?
Yes, and didn’t he tell you to let me go home?
你不会没注意到这点
You didn’t take a blind bit of notice.
听着…
Look,
要是我剪你的头发 泰瑞莎修女会不高兴的
if I were to cut your hair, Sister Theresa would not be amused.
我爹生气的话,我会跟他解释的
I’ll explain to my daddy if he gets cross.
那如果泰瑞莎修女生气的话 谁来跟她解释?
And who will explain it to Sister Theresa if she gets cross?
你啊,修女
You, Sister.
休坎尼现场报导,来自最高法♥院♥门外…
Hugh Canning reporting to you, live, from outside the Supreme Court
此历史性案件的头一天
on the first day of this historic case.
一辆大型官方车辆刚刚抵达
A grand, official car has just arrived.
是教♥育♥部♥长
It’s the Minister of Education.
看来他今天宁可去别的地方
Looks as if he’d rather be somewhere else this day.
这一定和开战前士兵们的心情一样
This must be what soldiers feel like just before battle.
紧张? 紧张?
Nervous? – Nervous?
我只是尽力达成合法历史…
I’m only trying to make legal history
做点史无前例的事
by doing something that’s never been done before,
若我失败,我就失业了
and if I fail, I’m unemployable.
但若你赢了,孩子,你就永垂不朽
But if you win, son, you’re immortal.
你就名垂青史
You’re in the history books.
你将帮助这国家脱离黑暗时代
And you’ll help take this country out of the Dark Ages.
天主教念珠 我以为你不信教的呢?!
Rosary beads. I thought you weren’t religious.
的确没
I’m not.
等判决的时候,这是用来计算比数的
When the verdict comes in, these are for counting the score.
记住,尼克,发自内心说出来
Remember, Nick, speak from your heart.
我会坐在旁听席,不让那只臭鼬鼠看到
I’ll sit up in the gallery, out of the Ferret’s eye-line.
谢了,汤姆
Thanks, Tom.
祝你好运,孩子 谢谢你所做的一切
Good luck, son. – Thanks for everything.
好了
Right.
开始应战吧
Let the battle commence.
没问题吧? 没问题
Is this all right? – It’s fine.
部长,截至目前为止,你已经三次拒绝…
Minister, three times now you have refused
重审戴斯蒙多伊的案子
to reconsider the case of Desmond Doyle.
对吧?对,
Is that correct? – It is.
高等法♥院♥已经作了最后判决
A decision subsequently upheld by the High Court.
对,不过我们此次上诉乃基于不同论点 不是吗?
Yes, but the grounds for our action now are fundamentally different, is that not so?
是的,我想没错
I suppose it is.
部长,能否告诉我们 你的崇高地位是谁赋予的?
Could you tell us, Minister, to whom or to what do you owe your eminent position?
你说什么?
Pardon?
你的工作,先生,谁指派你的?
Your job, sir. Who appointed you?
抗♥议♥,庭上 这点毫不相干,更不用说是无礼
Objection, Your Lordship. This is irrelevant, not to say insolent.
庭上…
My Lord,
原告律师无法说明此问题有何关联
counsel for the plaintiff has indeed failed to establish relevance.
我正准备如此,庭上
I am about to do so, Your Lordship.
希望如此,拜伦先生,继续吧
I hope so, Mr. Barron. Proceed.
身为教♥育♥部♥长,隶属于政♥府♥指派,是吧?
As Minister for Education, you are a government appointee, are you not?
当然是
Of course I am.
我有爱尔兰政♥府♥的公文授权…
What is the document on which the Irish government’s authority,
难道还要你们其他人的授权吗?
and therefore your authority, rests?
爱尔兰宪法
The Irish Constitution.
你最近可否读过?
Have you read it recently?
抗♥议♥,庭上 这真是无可忍♥受!
Objection, Your Lordship. This is insufferable!
原告律师对证人不敬, 庭上
Counsel for the plaintiff is not displaying due deference to the witness, My Lord.
抗♥议♥有效
Objection sustained.
小心点,拜伦先生,请尊重证人
Be careful, Mr. Barron. The witness must be treated with respect.
好的, 庭上
Yes, My Lord.
请你向庭上唸出…
I would be grateful if you could read out to the Court
爱尔兰宪法那些简短摘录…
those short extracts from the Irish Constitution which,
乃建立在各位权力基础上
we have established, is the basis for your authority.
第1条
“Article 1.
爱尔兰宪法应该符合神的律法
“The Irish Constitution shall be consistent with the law of God.
第41条
“Article 41.
父母和孩子俱有天赋的基本权利…
“A parent and child have a fundamental and God-given right
共享彼此共同生活的乐趣
“to the enjoyment of each other’s mutual society.
第42条
“Article 42.
父母无过失者不该被剥夺父方或母方…
A blameless parent shall not be deprived
对孩子身教的权利
“of his or her right to direct the child’s education.”
那是否公平,你一再拒绝…
Is it fair to say that by consistently rejecting
戴斯蒙多伊诉请归还他的孩子…
Desmond Doyle’s application for the return of his children
你拒绝了他天赋的基本权利?
you have denied him that fundamental and God-given right?
你说那样公平吗,部长?
Would it be fair to say that, Minister?
我们等着你回答呢
We are waiting for your response.
是有可能 是的
That is a possibility. Yes.
是否同时也有可能…
And is it also a possibility
你已触犯了宪法第42条…
that you have contravened Article 42 of the Constitution
由于拒绝戴斯蒙多伊对孩子身教的权利?
by denying Desmond Doyle the right to direct his children’s education?
是的
Yes,
那也是有可能
that is also a possibility.
那正是我们在此所要决定的事 没错
That is what we are here to determine. – Exactly.
我们也会如此决定
And we will so determine.
好小子
Good boy.
我问完了
No further questions.
干的好
Well done.
宪法第42条 提到无过失的父母
Article 42 of the Constitution refers to a blameless parent.
我们坚信此一概念符合第41条
And we contend that this concept is tacit also in Article 41.
也就是无过失的父母…
That it is the blameless parent
拥有天赋的基本人♥权♥ 可与其孩子共同生活在一起
who has a fundamental, God-given right to his children’s society.
但这点…不适用于戴斯蒙多伊
This does not apply to Desmond Doyle.
他未事先通知便闯进大楼里来
He came barging in unannounced to the main building.
他非常暴躁…
He was in a terrible rage,
像被魔鬼附身似的
and he looked like a man possessed by the Devil.
抗♥议♥,庭上! 证人在丑♥化♥我的当事人
Objection. Your Lordship, the witness is demonizing my client.
绝非如此,庭上 修女只是清楚地表达她自己的感受…
Not so, My Lord. The Sister is merely expressing herself vividly
使用比喻乃基于她的职业使然
using a figure of speech appropriate to her occupation.
抗♥议♥驳回,继续吧,修女
Objection overruled. Proceed, Sister.
他像被附了身
He was like a man possessed.
对我大喊, “我女儿在哪?”
He shouted at me, “Where is my daughter?”
大声对我咆哮 你对他说什么, 修女?
He yelled at the top of his voice. – And what did you say to him, Sister?
我问他是否有预约 他怎么回答?
I asked him if he had an appointment. – And what did he say?
他抓住我的喉咙,差点掐死我
He grabbed me by the throat and almost choked the life out of me.
他想勒死我
Throttling me, he was.
他说要是我不说出他女儿在哪…
He said if I didn’t tell him where his daughter was
便将我碎尸万段,以上就是他所讲的话
he would tear me limb from limb. Those were his exact words.
我认为他想杀害我 他后来怎么做,修女?
I thought he was going to murder me. – And what did he do then, Sister?
我说出他女儿在哪,他就直冲上楼…
I told him where the girl was,
一再重复之前对我的恐吓
and he ran upstairs repeating his threats as he did so.
他手指掐住我脖子的地方都瘀青了
My neck was black and blue from where his thumbs had been.
你有向任何人报告这可悲的意外吗?
Did you report this deplorable incident to anyone?
有的,我有打电♥话♥给警方 警方可以证实我讲的每句话
Yes, I phoned the police. They will confirm every word.
善良的泰瑞莎修女决定不提起告诉
Sister Theresa decided, out of the charity of her heart, not to press charges.
我问完了,庭上
No further questions, My Lord.
我是不是搞砸了一切?
Have I messed it up for us all, then?