Friday, October 14th,
你有没有喝酒或者服用
did you consume any alcohol or ingest any chemicals or drugs
任何会损害你执行任务能力的药品或毒品
that may have impaired your ability to perform your job?
不 我没有
No, I did not.
威特克先生 你现在或者过去是否有过
Mr. Whitaker, do you now or have you ever had
酒精成瘾
a problem with alcohol dependency,
酗酒或者药物上瘾的问题
alcoholism or drug addiction?
没有
No.
好的 威特克先生 最后一个问题
Okay, Mr. Whitaker, we’re about done.
鉴于飞行前期的剧烈颠簸
Due to the severe turbulence in the early part of the flight,
你让乘务组停止机上的
you asked the flight crew to suspend
饮料发放服务 是这样吗
the beverage service on the plane, is that correct?
没错 是这样
Yes, that’s correct.
我暂停了饮料发放
I suspended the drink service on the plane.
你知不知道我们的调查员
Are you aware that our investigators found
在厨仓垃圾桶里找到了两个伏特加酒瓶
two single service vodka bottles in the galley trash bin?
是的 我知道
Yes, I’m aware of that.
机上有5位
There were five crew members on board
能够接触到饮料车的机组人员
that would have had access to the beverage trolley.
在出事后的一个小时之内
Less than an hour after the accident,
每个机组人员都被抽了血
blood was taken from each of these crew members,
包括你 副驾驶埃文斯
yourself, First Officer Evans,
乘务员玛格丽特·托马森
Flight Attendant Margaret Thomason,
以及已故的卡梅利娅·萨托
and posthumously from Camelia Satou
凯特琳娜·马尔克斯
and Katerina Marquez.
经过毒理分♥析♥化验
Toxicology analysis was performed and
其中三份测试结果是阴性的
three of these tests came back negative,
有一份因为技术原因作废了
one was disqualified for technical reasons,
还有一份测试出了酒精
and one tested positive for alcohol.
它显示出了0.17%的血醇水平
It registered a .17 blood alcohol level.
这你知道吗
Are you aware of that?
我现在知道了
Yeah, I’m aware of it now.
马尔克斯女士不仅是你的同事
Miss Marquez was not only a colleague,
在工作以外也和你挺熟 是这样吗
but you knew her outside of work, is that correct?
工作以外
Outside of work?
不 不是很熟
No, not really.
你知道马尔克斯女士有酗酒问题吗
Did you know Miss Marquez had a drinking problem?
不 我不知道
No, I did not.
你有没有见过她喝多了
Did you ever see her drink to excess?
不 我没见过
No, I did not.
你是否知道她曾两次因酒精成瘾接受治疗
Were you aware that she was twice treated for alcohol addiction?
最近一次是16个月之前
The last time was 16
由南方航♥空♥出资治疗
months ago and paid for by SouthJet Airlines.
不 我不知道
No, I did not.
你是否认为
Is it your opinion
凯特琳娜·马尔克斯
that Katerina Marquez
在飞机上喝了酒
drank on that flight?
你能重复一次问题吗
Could you repeat the question?
你是否认为凯特琳娜·马尔克斯在飞机上喝了酒
Is it your opinion that Katerina Marquez drank on that flight?
抱歉 我…什么
I’m sorry, my what?
你是否认为 机长
Your opinion, Captain.
既然在这次听证会上她的毒理报告
Since her toxicology report is the only toxicology report
是唯一一份能被采纳的报告
that is admissible in this hearing,
她也确实被检测出体内含有酒精成分
and she in fact tested positive for alcohol,
你是否认为凯特琳娜·马尔克斯
is it your opinion that Katerina Marquez
在飞机上喝掉了那两瓶伏特加
drank those two bottles of vodka on the plane?
上帝啊 帮帮我
God help me.
抱歉 威特克先生
I’m sorry, Mr. Whitaker,
我听不见你说话 你说什么
I couldn’t hear you. What did you say?
我说”上帝啊 帮帮我”
I said, “God help me.”
没错 请回答 你是否认为…
Yes, well, however, is it your opinion…
我认为
It’s my opinion
崔娜没有…喝掉那些伏特加
Trina did not drink that vodka.
你说什么 威特克先生
Excuse me, Mr. Whitaker?
她救了那小男孩一命 那是…
She saved the boy’s life, that’s…
你能说大声点吗 威特克机长
Could you speak louder, Captain Whitaker?
崔娜·马尔克斯没有喝掉那些伏特加
Trina Marquez did not drink the vodka
因为那些伏特加是我喝的
because I drank the vodka.
胡说八道 我反对
What the hell? Objection!
先生请坐下 这里… 先生
Please be seated, sir. Sir.
威特克机长口误了
Captain Whitaker misspoke.
我喝掉了那些伏特加
I drank the vodka bottles.
你听到我说话没 我反对
Didn’t you hear me? I said I object!
先生请坐下 这里不是法庭
Please be seated, sir. This is not a courtroom.
不管怎么样我还是反对
Well, I object anyway!
我在飞机上喝光了那些伏特加
I drank the vodka bottles on the plane.
威特克机长
Captain Whitaker,
出事前三天 10月11日
on the three nights before the accident, October 11th…
10月11日 10月12日
October 11th, October 12th,
13日和14日 我都有喝酒
and 13th and 14th, I was intoxicated.
那些天我每天都喝酒 而且都喝…
I drank all of those days. I drank.
过量了
In excess.
在出事的当天早上
On the morning of the accident…
我喝醉了
I was drunk.
我现在也醉着呢
I’m drunk now.
我现在还处于宿醉当中 布洛克女士
I’m drunk right now, Miss Block.
因为我是个酒鬼
Because I’m an alcoholic.
就这样
That was it.
我没戏了
I was finished.
我完了
I was done.
就好像我这辈子撒谎的数量
It was as if I had reached my lifelong limit
到头了
of lies.
我再也不能说谎了
I could not tell one more lie.
也许我是个胆小鬼
And maybe I’m a sucker,
因为我只要再多说一个谎言
’cause if I had told just one more lie,
就能大摇大摆地从困境中走出来
I could have walked away from all that mess
继续开飞机 保持错误的自豪感
and kept my wings, kept my false sense of pride.
最重要的是
And more importantly,
我就能”避免”
I could have avoided being locked up
和你们这些好兄弟们
in here with all you
一起在这里同甘共苦13个月
nice folks for the last 13 months.
但是我来了
But I’m here.
而且在这里至少还要待个三年五载
And I’ll be here for at least the next four or five years.
这很公平
And that’s fair.
我失信于公众 我的确有罪
I betrayed the public trust. I did.
这就是法官给我的审判
That’s how the judge explained it to me.
失信于公众
I had betrayed the public trust.
空管局没收了我的飞行员驾驶证
The FAA, they took away my pilot’s license.
这也很公平
And that’s fair.
我能再次开飞机的几率接近零
My chances of ever flying again are slim to none.
我欣然接受
And I accept that.
我有很多时间去反思所有的事情
I’ve had a lot of time to think about it, all of it.
写点东西
I’ve been doing some writing.
我给所有失去亲人的家属写了信
I wrote letters to each of the families that had lost loved ones.
有些人能接受我的道歉
Some of them were able to hear my apology.
有些人永远也不会原谅我
Some of them never will.
我还向所有这一路走来
I also apologized to
试图帮助我的人们致以歉意
all the people that tried to help me along the way, but l
但是并不是所有的回音我都能听见
couldn’t or wouldn’t listen.
比如我的妻子
People like my wife, you know.
我的前妻
My ex-wife and
我的儿子
my son.
还是那句话 他们之中有些人会原谅我
And again, like I said, you know, some of them will
有些人永远都不会
never forgive me. Some of them will.
但至少现在我是清醒的
But at least I’m sober.
感谢上帝 我很感激
I thank God for that. I’m grateful for that.
有个词 从一个坐牢的人嘴里说出
And this is going to sound real stupid
听起来会很荒唐可笑
coming from a man who’s locked up in prison,
但这是我人生第一次真正感觉到了
but for the first time in my life,
自♥由♥
I’m free.
威特克 有人来看你了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!