I’d like to have seen him.
我很想见见他
This hospital’s been abandoned for years.
这家医院被荒废了好几年
We don’t even know if the floors are sound.
我们甚至不知道这里的地板会不会响
Ma’am, we simply cannot justify these repairs.
夫人 我们的财力不够修葺这家医院
The hospital already accounts for most of our spending.
这家医院占用了我们大部分的花销
How about the palace gives you an endowment,
如果宫里给你们捐赠
and the Red Cross Committee matches it?
然后红十字会也来捐助可以吗?
If you pay to expand the orphanage,
如果你出资扩建孤儿院
the retirement homes will expect you to do the same, and then the schools.
那么养老院也会希望你这么做 然后是学校
And you don’t have the funds.
而你没有基金
My dear Countess, it’s really very, very simple and necessary.
亲爱的伯爵夫人 这件事真的非常 非常简单而且有必要
All we have to do is convert this space into an open dormitory.
我们所要做的就是把这里改成一个开放的宿舍
And then we put partitions and each child will have their own separate living area.
然后我们做一些隔断 这样每个小孩子都会有他自己的生活空间
Simple.
很简单
Maybe we can vote for it in our plenary session tomorrow.
也许我们应该在明天的全体大会上投票表决
But now we must get back,
但是现在我们必须回去了
there’s the small issue of the Annual Red Cross Ball to organise.
还有一些关于红十字舞会的小事要处理
But that’s not due until October.
但那是十月份的事
It’s the most important event in our social calendar.
那是我们社交日历上最重要的事情了
Besides, you just don’t have the money for renovations right now.
而且 你现在也没有足够的钱来翻新
I’m sorry, Countess, I mistakenly thought we were here to repair a hospital.
很抱歉 伯爵夫人 我本来以为我们在这儿是商量重建医院的
103 new companies registered offices in Monaco in the last two years.
在过去的两年里 有103家新的公♥司♥在摩纳哥注册开业
90 percent of them relocated from France.
其中百分之90是从法国搬来的
All of them came for your zero-tax.
他们全都是冲着你的零税收来的
And what do you want us to do about it?
那你想让我们怎么办?
Stop courting them. Oliver, come here! Come on!
别再向他们献殷勤 奥利弗 过这儿来! 过来!
Casinos. Come here, now!
赌场 过来 快!
That’s what I’ve inherited, Emile.
那是我所继承下来的 埃米尔
Good dog!
好狗狗!
A playground for French aristocrats.
法国贵族的游乐场
And that’s a problem?
那有什么问题吗?
Oh, for the 10,000 people who live here, yes.
哦 对住在这里的一万多居民来说有问题
Ordinary people need schools, hospitals.
老百姓需要学校 医院
We make nothing, we export nothing.
我们什么都不能生产 什么都不能出口
If France is going to drain Monaco of all she has,
如果法国要将摩纳哥所有的一切都掏空
it’s not unreasonable to expect French businesses to pay for it.
那么让法国的商人们来支付一点费用也不是什么不合理的事吧
We find ourselves at an impasse, Your Highness.
我觉得我们陷入了僵局 殿下
Because the President wants you to not only impose income tax in Monaco,
因为总统不仅希望你在摩纳哥征收所得税
but to pay the proceeds to France.
同时还希望你向法国纳税
You want us to pay tax to France?
你想让我们向法国纳税?
This is a French protectorate
因为摩纳哥是法国的庇护国
which has only ever existed because of French good will.
我们庇护你们是出于善意
This is a sovereign nation.
摩纳哥是主♥权♥国家
Oliver, come on, boy.
奥利弗 过来 好孩子
My peers in Paris are not as understanding as I am.
我巴黎的同僚们 可不像我这么通情达理
I’m to return tomorrow with your full acceptance.
我希望明天带着你全盘接受的态度回国
Please work with me, Your Highness.
请合作 殿下
Does de Gaulle really want the children of Monaco
戴高乐想让摩纳哥的孩子
to grow up to be croupiers?
长大都成为赌场总管吗?
Some would say that would be an improvement.
有人会说那也算是进步呢
Some of Monaco’s children are running around like their mother,
有些摩纳哥的小孩 像他们的母亲那样不识时务
the offspring of a Philadelphia bricklayer.
那些费城建筑工的后代
Let me go.
我们走
Let me go. Mr. Pelletier…
我们走 佩尔蒂埃先生…
May I, Mr. Pelletier?
可以吗 佩尔蒂埃先生?
He slapped a French representative?
他打了法国代表?
Yes, he sent me away, expelled me from Monaco.
他的 他送走了我 然后把我驱逐出了摩纳哥
Tell De Gaulle he’s becoming dangerously anti-French.
告诉戴高乐他已经成了危险的反法分子
You’ve been the principality priest for a long time.
你已经当了公国的神父这么长时间
You must know how complicated things are here, Tuck.
你一定知道这里的事情有多复杂 塔克
Yes, I know, Gracie. I feel I made a mistake.
是的 我知道 格蕾丝 我觉得我犯了错误
What kind of mistake?
什么错误?
Everything I do or say is wrong.
我所说的所做的一切都是错的
Everything.
一切
Do you know how I spent my afternoon?
你知道我是怎么度过这个下午的吗?
I was trying to persuade the good ladies of the Red Cross
我劝说红十字会的那些贵妇人
that repairing a hospital wing
重建一幢医院的副楼
might just be more important than… planning a ball.
这事应该要比… 筹划舞会来的更重要
You’re in Monaco, Grace.
你现在是在摩纳哥 格蕾丝
I know I’m in Monaco.
我知道我在摩纳哥
What do you think would happen if I went back to making movies?
你觉得如果我再回去拍电影的话会怎么样?
What’s it about?
什么电影?
A frigid, compulsive thief.
一个冷漠迷人的女贼
Really? Hm.
真的吗? 唔
But it’s a great role.
但那真是个非常棒的角色
I’m sure it is.
我相信一定是
Have you spoken to Ray about this?
你和雷尼尔说了这件事吗?
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
Of course not, it’s always…
当然没有 他总是…
I don’t know, it’s always politics with him.
我不知道怎么说 他总是有一大堆政事缠身
Ray is never gonna accept the idea of his princess
雷尼尔绝不会接受她的公主
going back into the movies, you know that, Gracie.
重返大荧幕 你知道的 格蕾丝
After 7 years of conflict in Algeria, disorder reigns in France.
在同阿尔及利亚开战七年后 法国陷入混乱
To consolidate power and secure her borders,
为了巩固政♥权♥以及维护边界
the government must finance the war effort.
政♥府♥必须为战争提供资金
In its sights, Monaco.
他们把手伸向了摩纳哥
Mr. Denard spoke to the French this afternoon from the Elysée.
德纳尔先生今天下午在爱丽舍宫 向法国民众发表讲话
On the orders of the French President,
根据法国总统的命令
Monaco has a 6-month ultimatum to begin taxing her citizens
摩纳哥必须在六个月内 向国民开征所得税
and cease her open courting of French companies.
并且停止以优♥惠♥政策吸引法国企业入驻
Unless they stop scheming to steal French revenue,
除非摩纳哥停止偷窃法国财政收入
and demand that Monaco become part of France.
否则我们会要求摩纳哥并入法国
Our food, our water, our power, everything runs through France.
我们的食物 我们的水 我们的一切都依靠法国来维持
We’d be squashed in an instant.
我们会瞬间被榨干
Ray, you don’t have an army.
雷尼尔 你没有军队
You’re in no position to hardball the French President.
你没有资格和法国总统抗衡
It’s so nice to have a real family meal for a change.
能有机会吃一顿真正的家庭午餐真的太棒了
I only wish I could stay and enjoy it. I have a meeting with Onassis.
我只希望我能好好享受一下 我等一下要和奥纳西斯开个会
What if de Gaulle doesn’t accept your apology?
如果戴高乐不接受你的道歉该怎么办?
Then we’ll have the shortest war in the history of mankind.
那么我们就会发起人类历史上最短的战争
What happens in a war, Maman?
战争里会发生什么 妈妈?
Oh… Big bad men decide that they’re tired of talking
哦… 大坏蛋觉得谈判累了
and so they er… pull each other’s noses.
所以他们 呃… 打了对方的鼻子
Someone once asked my father,
有人曾经问过我的父亲
“If you could be any monarch, which monarch would you be?”
“如果你能成为君王 你想成为哪个君王?”
He said…
他说…
“The Tsar of Russia, or the Prince of Monaco.
“苏联的沙皇 或者摩纳哥的王子
The Tsar, because he knows the name of none of his subjects,
想成为沙皇 是因为俄♥国♥版图辽阔 臣民他都叫不上名
the Prince of Monaco… Thanks.
想成为摩纳哥的王子… 谢谢
…because he knows all of them.”
…是因为他认识所有臣民”
Why don’t you just pay him? How?
那就不能给他纳税吗? 怎么纳?
We could mortgage some of the estate.
我们可以抵押一部分房♥产
It’s already mortgaged.
已经抵押了
How did it go with the Red Cross? Will they pay for the orphanage?
红十字那边怎么样了? 她们会为孤儿院出资吗?
The treasury’ll put up a share, which leaves Countess Baciochi no choice
国库会发起捐助 这让巴奇奥奇伯爵夫人别无选择
but to match it with her funds.
只能出资
You’re forcing her to do something other than for her own benefit?
你是强迫她做些无利可图的事情吗?
You should see the conditions, Ray.
你要看看现在的情况 雷
These children, they can’t live like this. It’s appalling.
这些孩子们 他们不能像这样生活 这简直太可怕了
Well, don’t upset her too much, OK?
好吧 别让她太生气 好吗?
I need her husband’s political support.
我需要她丈夫的政♥治♥支持
We’re running out of money and he has a lot of it.
我们的钱快花光了 而他还有很多
Hitchcock offered me a role.
希区柯克给了我一个角色
I think it might be inappropriate to accept it now.
我觉得现在接下来并不合适
Were you considering accepting?
你考虑过接受吗?
I wanted to ask you.
我想想问问你
Well, if you really can’t do without it, I won’t stand in your way.
好吧 如果你真的很想去演 我是不会阻止你的
But would it be appropriate?
但是那样合适吗?
I don’t want people saying that I’m running away or abandoning you.
我不希望人们说我要逃跑或是抛弃你
Why would they say that?
他们为什么要这么说?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!