你就跟我说过“爱情是狗娘”
In the meantime, I get to grow up
with you telling me that marriage is bullshit.
我从来没有这么说过.
没错,你说了.
I never said that.
Yes, you did.
– 你确实说了,妈妈.
– 没有.
– You did say that, Mom.
– No.
你说了, 妈妈.
不,我不会这样说的.
You did, Mom.
No, I didn’t.
几个月前,咱俩坐在你的厨房♥里
We were sitting in your kitchen
a couple months ago…
你给我倒了一杯特别难喝的日本“醋茶”
… and you were pouring me that awful,
that Bachnia…
是日式粗茶.
Bancha.
对,是日本“醋茶”,然后你跟我讲的
我记得清清楚楚的…
…Banachia tea and you said,
I remember your exact words…
你说过坚守一生的承诺是不存在的…
You said that lifetime commitments
were impossible to keep…
唯一可能的只是维持短暂的婚姻.
… and that serial monogamy
was the only way to go.
– 为什么我会跟你讲这些稀奇古怪的东西呢?
– 你一直在跟我讲这些.
– Why would I say such a bizarre thing?
– You say things like that all the time.
好吧,但我已经变了.
Well, I’ve changed my mind.
你知道你使我变得多疯狂吗?
Do you have any idea
how crazy you’ve made me?
– 你就不应该听我的.
– 太迟了.
– Then you shouldn’t listen to me.
– It’s too late.
它已经在我心里留下烙印了. 我现在是一团糟.
The imprint’s been made. I’m a mess.
冷静点儿. 你并没有乱得一团糟.
Give it a break. You’re not a mess.
在26岁的年龄…
And for a 26-year-old…
我才是一团糟.
I was a mess.
至少你知道自己想要的是什么.
At least you know what you want.
不,我不知道.
No, I don’t.
你知道,你只是有些害怕了.
Yes, you do. You’re just scared.
或许我是有一些小小的过错…
Maybe I’ve been a flake…
而你想要的只是把我网住
放大我的过失.
…and you want to tie me up
and do a slide show of my crimes.
这没什么.但你要继续自己的生活呀.
Fine. But then move on and live your life.
妈.
Mom.
怎么了?
What?
你喜欢Sam吗?
Do you like Sam?
嗯.
Yes.
我挺喜欢他的,他不错呀.
I do. I like him a lot.
那你怎么都没跟我说起过呢?
So, why don’t you ever tell me?
因为我的想法根本就不重要啊.
‘Cause it shouldn’t matter what I think.
我背叛他了.
I’ve been fooling around on him.
你怎么那么傻呀, Finn.
我知道. 我知道.
Don’t be stupid, Finn.
I know. I know.
永远不要告诉他.
Don’t ever tell him.
这个世界到底怎么了?
What in the world?
妈,赶紧把门关上
Shut the door, Mom!
Finny, 给, 我在屋里找到这些.
我一会儿帮你在外面找, 亲爱的.
Finny, here, I found these inside.
I’ll help you out here, honey.
不可能凑齐了.
I’m never gonna find them all.
我都没来得及做个备份.
I didn’t even make a copy.
我一年半的心血就这样没了.
That’s a year and a half of my life, gone.
我希望你不会说你准备放弃吧?
I hope you’re not saying that you’re giving up?
外祖母, 我的笔记现在遍及整个镇子.
Grandma, my notes are everywhere.
我得把它们拾回来重写,
重新整理全部的框架.
I’d have to go back and rewrite it,
reconstruct the whole thing.
我实在做不到.
I just can’t do that.
你认为重新开始其他的主题会更容易吗?
You think it’s easier to start all over again
with something else?
我不知道. 应该是吧.
I don’t know. Yes.
不依靠在其他事物上会有多好呀.
How nice to be so unattached to something.
– 呆在卡车上, Leon.
– 为什么?
– Just stay in your truck, Leon.
– Why?
因为如果你下车的话,
我就会忍♥不住去吻你.
Because if you don’t,
then I’m gonna have to kiss you.
那个夏天的“Grasse喜被缝纫聚会”
做了一件以往不曾做过的事情.
That summer the Grasse Quilting Bee
did something they’d never done before.
Anna将所有人召集过来,
并且在拼接好喜被之前…
Anna called everyone back
and wouldn’t let them go home…
不同意她们回家.
… until they finished the quilt.
她们在Anna的要求以及大量冰茶的作用下,
连续工作了73个小时.
They all worked 73 straight hours
sustained by Anna’s will and gallons of iced tea.
Glady?
Glady?
妈!
Mother!
缝的不错
That’s good work.
别闹.
Quit it.
谢谢.
Thank you.
你知道吗,你没有我早先想象的那样妩媚动人.
You know, you’re not
as attractive as I thought you were.
是吗, 谢谢.
Well, thank you.
你拿到我在我院子里拾到的那几页论文了吗?
Did you get the pages that I found in my yard?
– 我把它们交给你外祖母了.
– 是吗,谢谢你.
– I gave them to your grandma.
– Yeah. Thank you.
它们都起皱了,我刚把它们熨平
They were wrinkled so I ironed them out.
可我烧焦了一页.
I singed one of the pages.
我觉得你有一两个单词可能会找不到了.
I think you’re only missing a word or two.
好的,没事儿.
Okay. That’s fine.
目前为止,我所看到的内容真的很不错.
It’s really good, what I read so far.
我期待着能够在你完成论文后拜读全文.
I’d like to read the whole thing
when you’re done.
你是一个好的作者.
You’re a good writer.
谢谢.
Thank you.
我是一个跳水选手.
I was a diver.
我知道.
I know.
Finn.
Finn.
抱歉. 我来早了.
我想等到大家都起…
I’m sorry. I’m early.
I was gonna wait until everybody got…
我相信嫁给Sam,自己会幸福的.
I’ll tell you what makes me happy
about marrying Sam.
我知道我们的婚姻…
I know our marriage has
as good a chance of being wonderful…
可能会游走在完美与破灭之间.
… as it does of missing the mark.
但无论如何,
我期待着我们彼此的爱能迈向永恒.
However, I’m banking on our love for each other
to weigh a bit heavier on the wonderful side.
就如Anna在谈及喜被的编织一样,
“你必须去留意那些细节的组成.
As Anna says about making a quilt,
“You must choose your combination carefully.
“恰当的选择会使喜被光彩夺目,
错误的选择会令它黯然失色…
“The right choices will enhance your quilt,
the wrong choices will dull the colors…
“掩盖住其原始的色彩.
“…hide their original beauty.
“它本身是没有定式的.
“There are no rules you can follow.
“你必须听从自己内心的声音,
然后勇敢去面对.”
“You have to go by instinct,
and you have to be brave.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!