It’s kind of like a garden hose.
有点儿像园子里的软管
Let me show you how it works here.
我来给你演示一下怎么用的
All I can tell you about going to the bathroom in space is suction.
在太空里洗澡的关键就是抽水
Hey, John.
嗨 约翰
Hey, Drew.
嗨 德鲁
What’s going on?
怎么了
Not too much, what you doing?
没什么 你在干嘛
Hanging around.
到处逛逛
What are you, a bat?
你是什么 蝙蝠吗
Nope, just a spacewalker.
非也 我是太空人
Day Three. Their first task is to capture Hubble.
第三天 他们的第一项任务是追上哈勃望远镜
The rendezvous is basically us finding the telescope.
会合过程就是我们去追望远镜
Now it’s doing 17,500 miles an hour,
现在的时速是17500英里
so by the time we get right next to it…
所以等到我们靠近它的时候
we’re doing the same thing.
我们就能保持同步了
That’s the tense part, are we going the right speed?
这就是最关键的地方了 我们的速度合不合适
To make things even harder,
雪上加霜的是
in orbit the sun rises and sets every 90 minutes.
在轨道上太阳每90分钟升落一次
0.03, I see you slowing down.
0.03 我看见你减速了
Till we can finally come up right underneath the telescope
在最终到达望远镜正下方之前
with it floating just inches away from the aft window,
我们只能慢慢地远离底舷窗
so that Megan can reach out with the arm and grapple it.
这样梅根才能身处连接臂并固定住
Still 0.03 over the pin. Over the pin.
仍然超速0.03 还是超速
Keep coming.
继续减速
I see halfway down.
下降一半了
Trigger.
启动触发器
Timer.
启动计时器
We got it.
成功
Close and capture. I got close and capture.
开始靠近捕捉 靠近捕捉完毕
Houston, Atlantis, Hubble has arrived on board Atlantis.
呼叫休斯顿 这里是亚特兰蒂斯 我们与哈勃成功对接
Atlantis, Houston, we copy.
呼叫亚特兰蒂斯 这里是休斯顿 收到
Nice job, Megan.
干得好 梅根
It’s great to be back with the telescope.
能回到望远镜真的太好了
Once we have the telescope hovering over the latches,
一旦我们让望远镜停在门闩上方
the idea is to just bring it straight down
我们的想法就是把它足够慢地
slow enough so that if we did perhaps tap into the latches at all,
放下来 这样就算我们碰到了门闩
that no damage would be done.
也不会造成什么损害
This last mission to repair it
这最后一次修复任务
will be the most challenging and difficult of all.
是史上最困难最具挑战性的
These are our EVA, that means spacewalking.
这些是用来做EVA的 也就是太空行走
Tool caddies, called mini workstations.
这是辅助工具 名叫迷你工作站
They have our tethers on them so we don’t lose things.
这些上面都有绳子 这样就丢不了
We can tether to stuff.
我们可以把东西挂住
You always gotta have that on you.
这东西得一直带着
You gotta have these on.
必须带着
Drew?
德鲁
Yeah.
怎么
This is your first spacewalk tomorrow.
明天是你第一次太空行走
What do you feel? What do you think?
感觉如何 你有啥感受
I’m excited. I’m getting excited.
我很激动 很激动
You’re ready.
你已经准备好了
Seeing Hubble come into the payload bay was pretty amazing.
看着哈勃进入货舱真的很神奇
The rendezvous was fun and now we’re ready to go.
这次会合很有意思 我已经准备好行动了
I’m looking forward to putting in the Wide Field Camera.
我很期待安装广角摄像机
What’s Wide Field gonna do? Unlock the secrets to the universe.
广角摄像机是干嘛的 解开宇宙之谜
That’s right. Unlock more secrets of the universe.
说的对 解开宇宙之谜
That’s right. Right.
说得好 没错
Getting dressed the day of a spacewalk,
穿太空行走服
you know, it’s very hard,
是件很费劲儿的活
just like you’re a little kid going out in the snow
就好比你是个想出门玩雪的小孩子
to get all those clothes on. You needed your mom.
得穿上厚厚的衣服 你需要妈妈帮忙
One of the last things you wanna do
这是你最不想做的事情
because once your helmet goes on,
因为一旦你带上头盔
you can’t touch your face any longer, is scratch.
就碰不到自己的脸了 不能抓痒了
Ah, what a beautiful view.
啊 真美啊
It’s just a wondrous sight to see our planet in its entirety.
能看到我们星球的全景真的太美妙了
It’s a gift that astronauts have been given.
这是上天赐给航♥天♥员的福利
Day four. The installation of the critical Wide Field Camera.
第四天 安装关键的广角摄像机
Right off the bat, trouble for John and Drew.
很快 约翰和德鲁就遇到了麻烦
One stuck bolt.
一个卡住的螺栓
The start of the spacewalk had been a little bit delayed.
太空行走开始得稍微晚了些
We were kind of up against the clock to begin with.
我们有点儿赶不上时间
And then running into that bolt.
然后碰到了那个螺栓
I’m thinking, you know, “We are right at the edge here.
我在想 “我们都已经到这里了
Our number-one science objective
我们的第一个科学目标
would be out the window on the very first spacewalk.”
就在我们第一次太空行走的窗户外”
First roller’s going in.
第一个滚轮放进去了
Bring you down– end down slightly.
带着你下来 轻轻地
With a lot of perseverance,
经过不懈的努力
the Wide Field Camera is finally installed.
广角摄像机终于安装成功
Okay, that’s good.
好 行了
Day Five brings the delicate task
第五天的任务比较精细
of replacing the three Rate Sensor Units,
更换三个速率传感装置
known as RSUs.
简称RSU
If you’re gonna be an astronaut,
如果你想当宇航员
you gotta get used to the acronyms.
你就得习惯这些缩写
Tiny cameras inside the spacewalkers’ helmets
太空行走服头盔里的小摄像头
give us a unique over-shoulder view as they work.
给我们带来了他们工作时独特的第一人称视角
The new RSU is attached to a giant toothpick
新的速率感应装置连在一个巨大的牙签上
called a pick stick.
名叫挑棍
Very carefully, Bueno guides it into position.
布恩诺很小心地把它放到指定位置
One bump against the star tracker
对追踪仪的任何碰撞
could cripple the telescope forever.
都可能对望远镜造成永久损伤
One down, two more to go.
弄好一个 还剩两个
For the next one, Mass goes in backwards.
为了安装第二个 马斯倒着进入了望远镜
Okay, your feet are on the boot plate here,
你的脚就踩在底盘上
left foot a little bit left.
左脚有点太偏左了
Okay, so, I’ll take your right foot in first.
好 那我就先抓住你的右脚
Okay.

Right toe’s coming in.
右脚趾就位
Uh– heel inboard.
脚踝也到位了
Okay.
很好
By nightfall, they’re in trouble.
夜幕降临时 他们碰到了麻烦
Anything sticking out the back of that, Mike?
有什么东西从那后面伸出来了吗 迈克
I don’t know.
不知道
This RSU just will not go in.
这个速率感应装置装不进去
Coming off the plate.
从底盘上掉下来了
Doesn’t feel seated.
感觉没固定住
I don’t think it is.
我也觉得没固定住
I’m hitting something on the bottom right now.
我在底部碰到什么东西了
I can’t come down anymore.
我弄不下来了
See if you can drive it, it might work.
看看你能不能操纵 没准儿有用
Now go left a little bit, just little, little, little.
向左一点 一点点 一点点
Little bit more, little bit more right. Little more, roll right.
再左一点 右一点 右一点 向右转
Okay, now come, come in.
好 再来 再往里放
After hours of exhausting attempts
在零下两百度的温度下
in minus 200 degree temperatures….
经过几个小时的不懈努力
I’ve definitely got it. Excellent. Do the next bolt.
绝对弄好了 好极了 再拧下一个螺栓
Yeah, that bolt is in.
嗯 拧上去了
Success at last.
终于成功了
Great job, Mike.
干得好 迈克
Houston, Atlantis. We’re ecstatically able to report
休斯顿 这里是亚特兰蒂斯号♥ 我们高兴地报告
the RSU-3R connectors are mated.
RSU-3R连接器配对成功
Copy that and nice job by all.
收到 祝贺大家
Okay, Mass, Bueno. EVA-2, what do you think?
马斯 布恩诺 第二次太空行走 感觉如何
It was like Go ahead. No, go, you go.
感觉就想 你说 不 你说吧
I’d say it was like a heavyweight fight. Oh, my gosh.
我想说感觉就像是一场重量级的角斗 我的天
RSUs, you love them?
你喜欢速率感应装置吗
I love them now that they’re over. Love them to death!
都安装好了 还是很喜欢的 我爱死这玩意儿了
It’s a good one to have behind us.
能安装完实在太好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!