有人说 在迷宫里 人们会给彼此建议
in that somebody was describing how in a maze everybody is giving advice
而又因为这些建议误导彼此
to each other, and misleading each other completely by their advice.
没人知道究竟应该怎么做
That nobody knows quite what to do.
人们只是给彼此出主意 而这些主意都是错的
They are all giving each other ideas, which are all wrong.
库布里克是一个热衷推拉镜头
和全景运镜的人
运镜是宿命也是迷宫
它就像是吸尘器一样 一直在打转
有如宿命一般
许多种类的类型材料都是关于对死亡的思考
Many types of genre material are really ways of thinking about death.
某种程度上 从心理层面讲
That in a way it is, on a psychological level,
可能是探索对于死亡的态度
possibily a way of exploring attitudes towards death.
你的电影传达出一种强烈的绝望
Your films give a feeling of great despair.
如果你对于人的天性做出某种假设
If you make certain assumptions about the nature of man
你又在此错误的假设之上构建一个社交情景的话
and you build a social situation on false assumptions,
如果你假设人类性本善的话
if you assume that man is fundamentally good,
结果会让你大失所望
it will disappoint you.
我们在电影「2001太空漫游」中所做的是
What we’re doing in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey
展示出一部分在
is showing some of the things that will develop
未来世界会衍生的事物
in the world of the future
而它们是人类当下对宇宙的初次探索所导致的
as a result of our present first steps into space.
下一代将会探索新的星球
The next generation will explore the planets,
带回新的知识 解开未解之谜
bring back new knowledge, answering old questions,
当然 还会提出新的疑问
and, of course, asking fresh ones.
这是人类进化的下一个阶段
It’s really the next stage in the evolution of mankind.
大约半个世纪前 伟大的俄♥罗♥斯♥宇宙先锋
About half a century ago the great Russian space pioneer,
齐奥尔科夫斯基说过 “地球是人类的摇篮”
Tsiolkovsky said, “Earth is the cradle of mankind,
“但你不能永远生活在摇篮里”
“but you cannot live in a cradle forever.”
这句话十分准确
And that is very true.
人类的命运就在群星之中
And out here among the stars lies the destiny of mankind.
我们和2001之间隔着一代人 所以那就是明天
但木星之旅是否能像
如今前往亚马逊雨林一样成为可能呢
如果考虑到我们仅在十一年前发射了人造地球卫星
而人类第一次登月可能就在明年
我们有理由保持乐观 并给出肯定的答案
人类从克鲁马努人起便没再进化
The human species hasn’t changed since Cro-Magnon man,
而根据演化时间来看 我们在接下来的
and in terms of evolutionary time we’re not gonna change much
一两百年间也不会有太大的变化
in the next hundred, two hundred years.
如今 人类生存最关键的问题
Now, the critical problem of our survival is going to have
要在未来的一两百年前尽早解决
to be settled long before a hundred or two hundred years.
那么 解决这一问题的智慧从何而来
Now, where is this source of intelligence gonna come from?
晚上好 戴夫 – 你好吗 哈尔
Good evening, Dave. – How you doing, Hal?
一切运行顺利 你呢
Everything’s running smoothly. And you?
还好
Oh, not too bad.
你一直在工作吗 – 画了些草稿
Have you been doing some more work? – A few sketches.
我可以看看吗
May I see them?
当然
Sure.
很棒的图纸 戴夫
That’s a very nice rendering, Dave.
我觉得你进步很大
I think you’ve improved a great deal.
有些事情现在已经发生了
There is something that’s happening already today,
你可以说 机械统治主义或者别的说法
you might say, a mechaniarchy or whatever the word would be,
就是如今我们对机器
the love that we have now for machines,
镜头的气味和触感
the smell and the feel of a beautiful camera,
或录音机的狂热
or a tape recorder,
机器散发出一种美感 几乎是感官上的美感
there is an aesthetic, an almost sensuous aesthetic about machines.
我相信对于它们来说 学习人类感情很重要
I’m sure it will be useful to them to know what human feelings are
因为这会帮助它们理解人类
because it will help them understand us.
9000系列是史上最可靠的电脑
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made.
没有一台9000系的电脑出过错或曲解过信息
No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information.
用任何实际意义的词汇来说
We are all, by any practical definition of the words,
我们都是绝对可靠 不可能犯错的
foolproof and incapable of error.
哈尔 尽管你绝顶聪明 你有没有因为
Hal, despite your enormous intellect are you ever frustrated
被人类操控而感到沮丧
by your dependence on people to carry out actions?
一点也没有
Not in the slightest bit.
我享受和人类共事
I enjoy working with people.
这个机器人似乎很有人性
它几乎比那里面的人更有人性
它与我们通常在科幻作品里见到的机器人不一样
那些机器人往往是和人截然相反的
我们显然需要某种
We do obviously need some source of intelligence of a magnitude
比现在我们拥有的更庞大的智能系统
considerably greater than seems to exist at the moment.
而且你可以说人类的生存
And you could say that man’s survival
需要依赖超智能机械
depends on the ultra-intelligent machine.
我想不出任何理由证明这是一个可怕的前景
I can’t think of any reason why it’s a frightening prospect,
因为智能在我看来是好的
because intelligence seems to me to be something which is good,
所以我不懂为什么你们的超智能机械
and so I can’t see how your ultra-intelligent machine
会做得比人类更差
is going to be any worse than a man.
打开吊舱门 哈尔
Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
对不起 戴夫 恐怕我不能这么做
I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.
有什么问题吗
What’s the problem?
我想你同我一样心知肚明
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
你在说什么 哈尔
What are you talking about, Hal?
这次任务对我来说至关重要 我不能允许你威胁到它
This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardise it.
我不知道你在说什么 哈尔
I don’t know what you’re talking about, Hal.
这一点非常重要
哈尔在任何时候都不是一台机器
他是并一直都是一种人的存在
这种人的存在首先是保护性的
然后便成为了威胁
他还会犯错
像每个人类一样 即使他主宰着他
那个机器试图反叛
这是科学上的错误
因为机器无法超越存储程序的限制
宇航员拔掉内存可以让它陷入瘫痪
我很害怕
I’m afraid.
我很害怕 戴夫
I’m afraid, Dave.
现如今 世界的问题之所以存在
At the moment, the problems of the world appear to be problems
只因为人类缺乏能够
only because man seems to lack the intelligence to
帮助我们摆脱目前困境的智能
think his way out of the present trap that we seem to be in.
戴夫
Dave…
我的思想正在离去
My mind is going.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
我能感觉到
I can feel it.
每一部库布里克电影其实都关于同一个主题
但与此同时 它们又大不相同
总有一个人类文明的表象
一切看起来都十分平静
巴里·林登的故事发生在十八世纪
在2001年 机器是完美的
1914到1918 军队恪守纪律
– 必须运转起来 – 一切都正常运转
十八世纪是他的时代
那个时代有着伟大的文明 伟大的和谐
伟大的文化和伟大的理性
而在此之下 涌动着非理性
以及冲动 暴♥力♥和人类的动物天性
这是有意识和无意识生命之间的联♥系♥
通通都在他的电影中 而到最后爆发
它侵入了历史 和个体的生活
你现在没有别的项目了吗
You have no other project now?
同往常一样 – 没有了 我希望我有
As usual. – No, I wish I did.
但你还是不想拍施尼茨勒的「梦的故事」吗
But Schnitzler you still don’t want to do that, Traumnovelle.
我还不确定 可能会拍 很有趣的故事 你读过吗
I’m not sure. I might. It is interesting. You’ve read it?
很了不起 – 是啊
It’s extraordinary. – Yeah.
它与性无关
It’s not about sex.
斯坦利从未说过它是关于性的
Stanley never said it was about sex.
它讲的是性幻想
It’s about sexual obsession.
这是一部关于性幻想和嫉妒的惊悚片
It’s a thriller about sexual obsession and jealousy.
以及由此生发的所有流言蜚语
And all the rumours that surfaced about
这是你无法想象的最疯狂的故事
just the wildest stories you could ever imagine.
它不是色情片
It’s not pornography.
如果他想拍色情片 他早就拍了
If he wanted to do that, he would have done that.
如果你们男人能知道就好了
If you men only knew.
我告诉你我知道什么 就是你今晚嗑了点药
I’ll tell you what I do know, is you got a little stoned tonight,
你一直在想方设法和我吵架
you’ve been trying to pick a fight with me,
而现在你试图让我嫉妒
and now you’re trying to make me jealous.
但你不是那种人 是吧
But you’re not the jealous type, are you?
不 我不是
No, I’m not.
你从没有嫉妒过我 是吗
You’ve never been jealous about me, have you?
不 我没有
No, I haven’t.
那你为什么没有嫉妒过我
And why haven’t you ever been jealous about me?!
我不知道 爱丽丝 可能因为你是我妻子
Well, I don’t know, Alice. Maybe because you’re my wife.
你觉得一夫一妻制顺应天性吗
Do you think monogamy is a natural state?
我认为这是一种选择
I think it’s a choice.
我的意思是 如果这顺应天性
I mean, if it was just a natural state
为什么人们还会对其他人产生欲望
why would people desire other people?
你是否认为每个人心中都存在一个角落
Do you think that there is in everybody a thin edge,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!