“没有绳子的世界是混乱的”
—鲁道夫·史曼兹
你那头抬高点,别偷懒 -我没偷懒
LARS: Hold your end up higher. You’re not holding it.I am, too.
你没有 -别管我
You are not. – Don’t worry about me.
嘿,那套西装是炭灰色吧?不是
Hey, isn’t that suit charcoal?-No.
我觉得是炭灰色,一种灰色的混纺面料
Looks charcoal gray to me. Some gray polyester blend.
你该找身黑西装,来参加自己父亲的葬礼
You’d think you could find a black suit for your own father’s funeral.
这是黑色 -不,我肯定它是灰色
It’s black. – No. I’m sure it’s gray.
这是黑色 -是灰色
It’s black. – Gray.
黑色 -好吧,是灰色
Black. – Fine, it’s black.
是我见过的最浅的黑色
It’s the grayest black I’ve ever seen.
这不是颜色的问题
It doesn’t matter what color it is!
对不起,爸,对不起
I’m sorry, Pop. I’m sorry!
快把他弄出来 -他就快被冲到海港了
Quick! Get him out of there!He’s halfway to the harbor by now, bub.
这下完了
Oh, well.
捕鼠记
我留给你们的不是一家模范工厂…
“I leave you not just a model factory,
但有件东西的价值是不可估量的
“but something infinitely more valuable.
那就是绳子本身的…未来
“The future of string…”itself.
因此,我的遗愿是…
“And thus, it is my dying wish
由我两个儿子共同经营史曼兹线绳工厂
“that my two sons run Smuntz String together.”
好极了,把它卖♥♥掉,看看能卖♥♥多少钱
Great. Let’s stick a “For Sale” sign up on the lawn and see what we can get.
厄尼,是共同经营,而不是卖♥♥掉
Ernie, we’re not supposed to sell it. We’re supposed to run it. Together.
反正这破古董也不值钱,对吧,拉尔斯?
Either way, this godforsaken museum piece is not worth a dime. Now, is it, Lars?
有些事情比钱更重要,厄尼
Some things are more important than money, Ernie.
那么是谁总在说钱不够用?
Notice it’s always the financially challenged who say that.
坐下,别着急
Please, please.
另外我还将我的个人财产遗赠给你们
“I also bequeath to you my personal effects,
其中包括我的瓷蛋
“including my ceramic egg,
半盒古巴雪茄…
“half box of Cuban cigars…”
哦,好极了…
Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes.
还有我收藏的调羹
“My collection of spoons.”
老天,多么珍贵的遗产啊
My goodness, what a treasure. What a legacy.
调羹,调羹
Spoons! Spoons!
这么多的调羹,一辈子都用不完
So many spoons, so little time.
当然,有些东西没家室的人用不着
Oh. And, of course, something no household should be without.
瓷蛋,呵呵呵
The ceramic egg! hahaha…
可以归我吗?行吗?嗯?嗯?不
Can I have the egg? Can I, huh? Huh?No
我希望你留着 -没问题,我会留着
I want you to have it. – Fine, I’ll take it!
如果你真找到值钱的,别忘了告诉我
Look, if you find any real estate on that desk, you let me know.
似乎还有幢房♥子
Well, it seems there is also a house.
一幢房♥子?是的,诺顿谷5120号♥
A house? – Yes, “5120 Nortondale.”
是多年前作为欠债抵押给你们父亲的
Your father acquired it many years ago as payment of a debt.
他从没在那住过,但…很有意思
He never lived there, but it’s interesting.
似乎被前业主发现,给锁在了阁楼的箱子里
It seems the previous owner was found locked in a trunk in the attic.
等等,它值多少钱?
Wait a minute. Is it worth anything?
他当时要借五万美元,给工人发工资
Well, he was able to borrow $50,000 against it to pay his workers.
是吗?那它现在的价值是多少?
Really? So, what is its value today?
五万美元
Fifty thousand dollars.
妙极了,一幢破房♥子和一个倒闭的线绳工厂
Great.A worthless house and a broken-down string factory.
哦,至少还不是纯粹的浪费时间
Oh, well, at least the day wasn’t a total loss.
谢谢你的雪茄,爸
Thanks for the stogies, Pop.
等等,你不能走,厄尼,得办完手续
Wait. You can’t go, Ernie.We have to go through all these papers.
恕我失陪
You’ll have to excuse me.
我和市长还有个约会
I’ve got a date with the Mayor.
市长先生,市长先生,这边,市长先生
Mr. Mayor! Mr. Mayor, over here! Mr. Mayor!
你的新心脏起搏器会影响你的竞选策略吗?
Mr. Mayor, do you think your recent triple heart bypass will affect your campaign strategy?
莱斯莉,我是来吃饭的
Now, Leslie, I’m just here to eat.
市长先生,市长夫人,欢迎光临
Monsieurle maire, madame maire, welcome to Chez Ernie.
你们的光临真是令小店蓬荜生辉
What an honor it is to have you in my humble bistro.
请随我来,您把孩子带来了,她们真可爱
Suivez-moi.Oh, you brought the little ones. The little bicycle thieves.
你们好,这是我们最好的位子
Bonjour! – Our very best table.
您是不是瘦了一些?哦,我…
Have you lost a little weight? -Oh, I…
一定是,我看您真是瘦了
I think so! I think you may be buff.
您真是太迷人了
Je suisse enchante pour votre beaute.(法语)
您能听懂吧?哦,厄尼先生…
You know what I mean? – Oh, Monsieur Ernie!
失陪一下,回头见,孩子们
Excusez-moi. Au revoir, les enfants!(法语)
人往高处走,也不算太难啊
The air’s not so thin at the top.
可惜在我成功之前,老头子就死了
Just like the old man to die before I hit it big.
记住,各位,注意细节是很重要的
Remember, everyone.Attention to detail is vital!
形式就是一切
Presentation is everything.
不…必须由我亲自送出去
No……!These I must deliver myself.
鸭子加了橙汁和特制的调味料…
Duck a l’Orange avec du quack sauce–
另外,这是为市长特别准备的
And for ze Mayor,la specialite de la maison,
经过特别烹饪的龙虾
Lobster Loaf a la Ernst ou la bibliotheque.
请慢慢享用
Oh-Bon appetit.
哦,你们好
Ah, bonjour!
厄尼,为参加竞选的市长服务感觉如何?
Chef Ernie, how does it feel to be serving the mayor on the eve of his campaign reelection?
莱斯莉…可以叫你莱斯莉吗?当然
Well, Leslie– May I call you Leslie?- Of course.
真脆,我喜欢杏仁
Crunchy!Hmm. I love the almonds.
莱斯莉,烹饪就象一个喜怒无常的美女…
Leslie, cuisine,she is a fickle mistress–
呀,看啊
Ee-yew! Look!
一只蟑螂
A cockroach!
是半只蟑螂
That’s only half a cockroach.
爸爸,你吃掉了它的脑袋
Daddy!You ate the head!
亲爱的,你没事吧?
Honey,are you okay?
别再吓我了
Not again!
意外还是蓄意谋杀…
Was this an accident,or did you murder–
散开!我可以做的更好
Clear!I can do that better!
史曼兹线绳工厂已经成为历史遗物了
Smuntz String is a relic of history.
现在没人再用这种方法来做绳子
You don’t make string by twining two strands together anymore.
而是用单根,结实的尼龙来制♥作♥
No. You make it simple, singular, strong, with nylon.
可那不是绳子,是尼龙带
But that’s not string. That’s cord.
对 -绳子早过时了
Exactly.Twine is yesterday.
现在都用这个 -我们公♥司♥…
Single strong cord is today…Zeppco International
早就对贵厂有兴趣,但你父亲拒绝出♥售♥
has been interested in your factory for years,but your father refused to sell.
但愿你会比较聪明
We’re hoping you would be a little smarter.
我们愿意买♥♥下它…
Zeppco is willing to buy you out
把这间博物馆带入21世纪
and bring this museum into the 21st century.
你能继续担任顾问
Of course, we will keep you on as a string consultant,
享受高级待遇
with a huge salary and a hefty pension.
那么…你意下如何?
So… – Well…What do you say?
孩子们… -厄尼
My sons… – Ernie.
厄尼 -好的,等一会儿
Ernie! – Yeah. Just a sec.
我想给你们…一件东西
I want you to have something.
我最宝贵的财产
My most prized possession.
哦,是一小段绳子
Oh, it’s a piece of string.
这根绳子可不仅仅是绳子
Not just any string. The string.
是我来美国的第一天发现的
I found it my first day in America.
它怎么了?我把它放在口袋里有60年了
What’s with the string?It’s been in my pocket for 60 years.
现在,我要你们分享它
Here! I want you two to share it.
也许它会让你们变得更亲近一些
Maybe it’ll bring you closer together.
最近你们不怎么交谈 -好的
You haven’t talked much lately. – Yeah.
你干什么?我在把它分成两股
What are you doing? – I’m breaking it in half.
不,我要你们共同拥有它
No! – No?I want you to share it.
永远别分开它 -好的,爸爸,好的
Forever. – Sure, Pop, sure.
头50年由你保管,然后再给我
Here. You carry it the first 50 years, I’ll take the next.
好的 -另外,把吗♥啡♥流量调大点
Sure.And turn up the morphine drip a little.
我听到了你的话
I heard that.
答应我…你们决不会将…
Promise me that you will never sell
史曼兹线绳厂…
Smuntz String
卖♥♥给那些大公♥司♥
to one of those big conglomerates.
要自己经营
Keep it between you…
兄弟同心协力
brothers, family.
答应我 -我向你保证,爸爸
Promise.I promise, Pop.
我保证 -你意下如何?
I promise. – So, you were saying?
我只能拒绝
I’ll have to pass.
什么?
What?
没有绳子的世界是混乱的
“A world without string is chaos.”
史曼兹这个姓就这次还值点钱
For once the Smuntz name was worth something!
别,别
No, no! Don’t!
你…你以前喜欢绳子啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!