What do you do up there? Just study?
我想当老师
I want to be a teacher.
老师? 很好啊
Teacher? That’s very good.
我欣赏有头脑的人
Personally, I admire brains.
我哥头脑很好 他念过两年大学
My brother Charley is a very brainy guy. He had a couple of years of college.
不光是头脑好 还要看你怎么用
It isn’t just brains. It’s how you use them.
我懂你的意思
Yeah, I get your thought.
以前见过你很多次
You know, I’ve seen you a lot of times before.
记得普拉基街的教会学校吗?
Do you remember parochial school out on Puluski Street?
七 八年之前?
Seven, eight years ago?
-你的头发 -绑辫子
-Your hair, you had your hair…. -Braids.
看起来像绳子
Looked like a hunk of rope.
你还戴牙套和眼镜 全套的
You had wires on your teeth and glasses. Everything.
实在满丑的
You was really a mess.
我可以回家了 谢了
I can get home all right now, thanks.
别生气 我开玩笑的
Don’t get sore. I was just kidding you a little bit.
我想告诉你 你长大了很漂亮
I just mean to tell you that you’re, you grew up very nice.
谢谢
Thanks.
你不记得我了?
You don’t remember me, do you?
我见到你那一刻就记得你了
I remembered you the first moment I saw you.
因为鼻子?
By the nose, huh?
有些人的脸就是使人印象深刻
Some people just got faces that stick in your mind.
我知道你一直都有麻烦
I remember you were in trouble all the time.
你真的记得我
Now you got me.
天啊 那些修女以前打我打的真厉害
The way those sisters used to whack me, I don’t know what.
他们想用打来教育我 可是我都耍他们
They thought they was going to beat an education into me, but I foxed them.
也许他们不知如何管教你
Maybe they just didn’t know how to handle you.
要是你会怎么做?
How would you have done it?
多一点耐心和善意
With a little more patience and kindness.
人就是得不到关心
That’s what makes people mean and difficult.
才会变坏
People don’t care enough about them.
你在开我玩笑?
Are you kidding me?
我还是送你回家吧
I’d better get you home.
外面很多男人脑子里想的都是同一件事
There’s too many guys around here with only one thing on their mind.
我会再见到你吗?
Am I going to see you again?
为什么?
What for?
不知道
I don’t know.
我真的不知道
I really don’t know.
走吧
Come on.
你都打包好了 这是回学校的车票
You’re all packed. Here’s your bus ticket and you’re on your way back to St. Anne’s.
爸 我还没准备回去
I’m not ready to go back yet, Pop.
多年来我和你妈省吃俭用…
Edie, for years your mom and me put quarters in the cookie jar…
让你念教会学校…
to keep you up there with the sisters…
就是不想让你碰到我刚在外面看到的情形
and keep you from things like I’ve just seen outside the window.
我女儿竟跟泰瑞·马罗同行
A daughter of mine walking arm in arm with Terry Malloy.
-你知道他是谁吗? -他是谁?
-Do you know who Terry Malloy is? -Who is he, Pop?
他是查理的弟弟
He’s the kid brother of Charley the Gent…
查理是凡利的左右手 是个衣冠禽兽
who is Johnny Friendly’s right hand and a butcher in a camel hair coat.
你是说泰瑞也一样吗?
Are you trying to tell me Terry is, too?
他只是想装强悍
He tries to act tough…
但他眼里有一种神情
but there’s a look in his eye.
对 一种眼神 准备好 兄弟 又来了
Yeah, a look in his eye. Hold your hats, brothers, here we go again.
以为他是可以带回家的可怜虫?
You think he’s one of them cases you’re always dragging into the house…
就像
and feeling sorry for…
你带回家的那些小猫
like that litter of kittens you brought in.
你唯一想留下的有六根脚趾
The only one you wanted to keep had six toes and was cockeyed to boot.
又斗鸡眼 你看这只小懒猫
Look at him. The little bum.
他还想见我
He said he wants to see me again.
看到这只手臂没?
See this arm?
比另一只长两英吋
Two inches longer than the other.
这就是多年来工作流汗搬货的结果
That’s from years of working and sweating, lifting and swinging a hook.
每次我扛箱子或一袋咖啡 就对自己说…
Every time I heist a box or a coffee bag, I says to myself…
这是为了依荻 让她能当个好老师
that is for Edie so she can be a teacher or something decent.
我答应过你妈 别让她失望
I promised your mom, Edie. Don’t let her down.
别以为我不感激你所做的
I don’t want you to think I’m not grateful for everything you’ve done.
让我受教育 远离这些
For giving me the education and keeping me away from all this.
但我看到不对的事情
But I’ve seen things that I know are so wrong.
我怎能回学校专心读书?
How can I go back to school and keep my mind on things that are just in books…
他们难道不是活生生的人吗?
that aren’t people living?
爸 我要留下来…
I’m going to stay.
我要查出谁杀了乔
I’m going to keep on trying to find out who is guilty for Joey.
你在房♥顶上干嘛?
What are you doing up there on the roof?
就看看啊
Just looking.
看看这群冠军鸟
Take a look at the champion flock of the neighbourhood.
飞得很不错吧?
Fly pretty nice, huh?
黄金战士?
Golden Warriors?
是我创办的
Yeah. I founded the Golden Warriors.
我是最早的黄金战士
Might say that I was the original Golden Warrior.
这小鬼像个跟屁虫
This bum here is my shadow.
因为我打过拳就以为我是超人
He thinks I’m a tough man because I boxed pro a lot.
乔以前养过鸽子
Joey used to raise pigeons.
对 养过几只
Yeah, he had a few birds.
我在照顾它们
I’ve been taking care of them.
我不知道你对鸽子有兴趣
I wouldn’t have thought you’d be so interested in pigeons.
我很喜欢
I just go for it.
你知道城里有很多老鹰吗?
You know this city is full of hawks?
真的 它们在大饭店顶楼徘徊
That’s a fact. They hang around on top of the big hotels.
一看到公园里有鸽子 就飞下去袭击它们
They spot a pigeon in the park, right down on them.
有空吗?
You got a second?
想给你看样东西
I want to show you something.
这个 你觉得这只怎样?
What do you think of that fellow?
她好漂亮
She’s a beauty.
它是公的 叫飞毛腿
She’s a he. His name is Swifty.
你看它干的好事
Look what he went and did.
他是向导鸽 永远领先风♥骚♥
He’s my lead bird. He’s always on top of the perch. If another bum tries…
有鸽子想抢它位子 他就狠狠的还击
to come along and take his place, he really lets him have it.
连鸽子都不怎么和平
Even pigeons aren’t peaceful.
不过它们很忠诚
There’s one thing about them, they’re very faithful.
会像人一样会结婚
They get married just like people.
而且更好
Better.
他们会相守到死
They stay that way until one of them dies.
那真好
That’s nice.
去清理一下屋顶
Go ahead. Fix the roof.
你要这颗蛋吗?
You want that egg?
谢谢
Thanks.
喜欢喝啤酒吗?
Do you like beer?
不知道
I don’t know.
我猜你应该没喝过
I bet you never had a glass of beer.
-喝过没? -没
-Did you ever have a glass of beer? -No.
想和我喝一杯吗?
You want to have one with me?
到酒馆?
In a saloon?
我知道一个不错的小地方 有女士专用的入口
I know a nice dump down here that has a special entrance for ladies.
走吧 不会怎样的
Come on, it won’t hurt.
走嘛
Come on.
太好了
Okay.
麦克
Hey, you, mac.
两杯格兰登 两杯啤酒
Two Glockenheimers and two for chasers.
-昨晚有看拳赛吗? -没有
-Did you see the fight last night? -No.
一个叫雷力的 和你以前一样用双手
A kid named Riley, both hands. Like you used to do.
希望他运气比我好
I hope he got better dice than me.
你真的当过拳击手?
Were you really a prizefighter?
以前是
I used to be.
怎么会对那有兴趣?
How did you get interested in that?
我也不知道 觉得拿钱打架也不错
I don’t know. I had to scrap all my life, I might as well get paid for it.
我老爹被杀得
When I was a kid my old man got bumped off.
别提了 他们把我和查理…
Never mind how. Then they stuck Charley and me…
丢到一个他们叫儿童之家的鬼地方
in a dump they call a “children’s home.”
天啊 那里真可怕
Boy, that was some home.
反正我从那里逃走
Anyhow, I ran away from there and fought in the club smokers…
在一家俱乐部打拳 凡利收买♥♥了我
and peddled papers and Johnny Friendly bought a piece of me.
收买♥♥你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!