He’s not so great. Trust me.
他可没那么好 相信我
Hey, Dad?
嘿 老爸?
What, you ready for bed?
怎么了 你要睡了吗?
Actually, no.
不 其实
I was wondering if we could go for a little walk while you finish the story.
我想问我们可不可以去散散步 等你把故事讲完之后
Oh, really?
哦 真的吗?
So, like, we could be in the night, like Orion and Dark.
这样我们可能像猎户星和黑漆漆那样 回到夜色之中
Um… Yeah, sure.
好啊 没问题
I guess it’s not a school night.
明天不用上学
So, yeah, let’s go.
那好 我们走吧
Um, come on. We can cut through the park.
来吧 我们可以从公园穿过去
Okay.
好啊
You know what?
你知道吗?
I think I like the other way better. – Agreed.
其实我更喜欢走另一条路 – 同意
Can I have my hand for a minute?
我可以把手松开一会吗?
Oh, of course. Sorry. – No, it’s okay.
哦 当然可以 抱歉 – 不 没关系
I just thought of a couple new lines and didn’t want to lose them.
我只是想到了几句新诗 要赶快记下来
Oh, good ones?
哦 写的好吗?
Well, you know, just about how weird it is that you can’t see any stars.
就是关于看不到星星是件很奇怪的事
Yeah. I couldn’t agree more.
是的 我完全同意
You don’t have to pretend, you know?
你没必要假装 知道吗?
That you wanted to come this way, too.
假装你也想走这条路
I’m not pretending.
我没有假装
The street lights were out in the park. It was scary for me, too.
公园的路灯没开 我也有些害怕
But I thought you got over that.
但我以为你已经克服了这个问题
That’s what you said in the story, at least.
至少你在故事中是这么说的
Well, it’s a complicated story.
这是个很复杂的故事
Then couldn’t you let it be complicated?
那你就不能让它简短一点吗?
Parents love simple stories like that
家长们都喜欢这种简短的故事
because whatever problem the character has,
因为无论角色有什么问题
it all gets fixed, and then they don’t have to worry about it anymore.
都会得到解决 然后他们就不必再担心了
Orion meets Dark. Dark’s not so bad.
猎户星遇见黑漆漆 黑漆漆并没有那么坏
Orion isn’t afraid of him anymore, then there’s a dance party.
猎户星不再害怕他了 然后他们举办了一场舞会
You think I should add a dance party?
你觉得我要加入舞会吗?
I think if you’re still scared, you should let Orion still be scared.
我想如果你仍然怕黑 你就应该让猎户星继续怕黑
The only stories that really help are the true ones.
只有真实的故事才有帮助
That is a really great point.
这真是个好想法
You think so?
你真这么想?
I do. And we should definitely use that idea.
是的 我一定会采纳这个想法
What’s wrong?
怎么了?
Yeah, did you die?
对啊 你死了吗?
Insomnia! – What?
难眠! – 怎么了?
Jumping to worst case scenarios is my actual job.
设想最坏的情况可是我的工作
No. I’m good.
不 我没事
Yeah. He’s over that now, right? – Totally.
是啊 他现在不怕了 对吧? – 绝对没错
Good. All right now, let’s get to work.
很好 好了 现在让我们开始工作吧
Race you inside.
看谁先进去
Come on.
来吧
Uh, you all go ahead. I’m more mortal than you are.
你们去吧 我的命可禁不起折腾
And, I mean, there’s not even a night light.
我是说这里连夜灯都没有
Trip hazard. No thank you.
很大可能绊倒 所以不用了 谢谢
What are you so scared of?
你害怕什么?
Nothing. I just… I really like the daytime.
没什么 我只是… 我比较喜欢白天
Like, the noises. I mean, have you heard day noises?
像是噪音 你听过白天的噪音吗?
Birds, children playing, brunch? – It sounds amazing.
鸟儿 孩子们在玩耍 吃早午餐? – 听起来棒极了
It is, and you are definitely missing out. Like, in the daytime,
没错 错过这些绝对是你的损失 比如在白天
there’s this sense of connection between the sounds and colors.
声音和色彩之间是有联♥系♥的
Everything is lit up in the daytime. It’s almost psychedelic.
白天的一切都是那么明亮 几乎有种迷幻的感觉
Reds, greens, yellows, violet.
红色 绿色 黄色 紫色
We have colors at night.
晚上我们也有颜色
I mean, you can see them better if there’s a fire.
有火的话 你会看得更清楚
Yeah, that’s light!
是啊 有火光!
Oh, wow! Really? – Incredible.
哦 哇哦!真的吗? – 难以置信
This makes me feel so safe and warm. – I can see why this makes you less afraid.
这让我感到很安全和温暖 – 我明白为什么这会让你不那么害怕
I’m not saying I need it.
我并不是说我需要它
I’m just saying there’s no way to imagine how beautiful it is,
我只是说如果你没有经历过
if you haven’t experienced it.
你无法想象它有多美
So you’re saying the problem is Dark?
所以你是说问题在于黑漆漆?
Well, in a way, yeah!
某程度上是的!
And I love him, but I guess he’s the issue here, right?
我很喜欢他 但我觉得他是问题所在 对吗?
Don’t get me wrong, Dark’s a really nice guy.
别误会 黑漆漆很好 最好不过了
The best. But as long as you’re with him,
但只要你和他在一起
you can never really enjoy all the amazing things Light has to…
你永远无法真正感受光明所带来的 那些奇妙的事物…
What?
怎么了?
Well… time to go.
是时候走了
Sure you don’t want to wait for your new best friend?
你确定不想等你新交的好朋友吗?
Hey, Dark, you know, I think you’re the best.
黑漆漆 你知道的 我认为你是最棒的
See, I didn’t get that from the conversation
我在那间房♥子的门口听到的谈话
back at the house with the door. – No, no, I was just chatting.
可不是这么说的 – 不 不 我只是随便聊聊
Just because I’m talking about how much I love ice cream,
只因为我在谈论 我有多么喜欢冰淇淋
doesn’t mean I don’t love French fries.
并不代表我不喜欢炸薯条
Which one am I? – What?
我是哪一种? – 什么?
Ice cream or French fries?
冰淇淋还是炸薯条?
Um, French fries?
炸薯条?
And Light is ice cream?
而大光明是冰淇淋?
Exactly! – Which one do you love more?
沒错! – 你更喜欢哪一样?
Is that really important?
这问题真的重要吗?
Exactly!
当然!
I’m just saying, I wish you could all experience daylight. You, too!
我只是说 我希望 你们都能体验到阳光 你也是!
That’s saying you wish everyone could
这就是说你希望每个人都能
experience me not being around.
体验到我不在身边的感觉
That’s not what I meant to say. – Perfect!
我不是这个意思 – 好极了!
Then you won’t mind unsaying it to the rest of the team,
那你应该不会介意 用感人至深的演讲
in a touching, heartfelt speech.
在团队其他成员面前 撤回刚刚说的话了
Hello!
大家好!
Come on.
说吧
It has been brought to my attention
我注意到
that some of my comments during our last break
我在上次休息期间发表的一些评论
have been interpreted in a way I never intended.
被人断章取义并产生了一些误解
So let me be clear.
所以我想澄清一下
I love the nighttime and my good friend, Dark.
我喜欢夜晚和我的好朋友黑漆漆
Now, some of you might feel
你们当中有人可能会觉得
you are missing out on other experiences in the world.
自己错过了生活中的一些其他经历
But I’d like to take a moment to remind you of the old adage,
但我想提醒你们一句古老的格言
“The grass is always greener on the other side of the…”
〝邻家的草儿分外…〞
World! Because it’s daytime there, and you can see that it’s green!
青!因为那边是白天 你可以看到它是绿色的!
Wait. Wait. That’s not what I was trying to say.
等等 这不是我想要说的
But it’s true! I mean, what does green grass even look like?
可这是真的! 我想知道 绿草到底长什么样?
Yeah! Why should the Day Entities get all the colors?
是啊!为什么白天的存在物可以享受所有颜色?
Yeah! – Exactly! See?
对啊! – 没错!看吧?
That’s what I think, too. – Okay, everyone.
我也是这么想的 – 大家冷静点
I think we’re getting a little off-track here.
我觉得我们有点跑题了
Dark is great. He has so many wonderful characteristics.
黑漆漆很棒 他有很多了不起的特质
Like what?
比如呢?
Look… my point is that I was wrong.
听着…我想说的是我错了
Implying that Day is superior to Night was wrong. Period.
我暗示大家白天比黑夜好是错的 就这样
Sure, some people might say
当然 有些人可能会说
that you’re not as pretty and vibrant as Day, but so what?
你不如白天那么漂亮和充满活力 但那又怎样呢?
Because, ultimately, the thing that makes the vibrancy of Day exist
因为归根结底 让白天充满活力的
is its exact opposite, dark and empty.
正是与它相反的黑暗和空虚
So, you see, if you think about it that way,
所以如果你这样想
you are the wind beneath Day’s wings.
你是白天翅膀下的风
I don’t think this is helping.
我不认为这个解释有什么帮助
Wait, let me finish. So, in conclusion, thank you.
等等 让我说完 所以 总而言之 谢谢
Thank you for performing these humble, thankless tasks,
感谢你们完成这些卑微 又不讨好的任务
in order to make Light-filled Day great again.
让大光明带来的白天再次变得美好
Well, that’s it. I’m leaving. – What? You’re leaving?
够了 我要走了 – 什么? 你要走?
Actually, I’m staying.
事实上 我要留下来
I’m staying and waiting for daylight. Maybe I’ll be able to get a job there.
我要留下来等待白天 也许我能在那里找到工作
Oh, come on. Be reasonable.
哦 拜托 你们清醒一点