嗨,你知道吗,我一直想问你 你是领养的吗?
Hey, you know, I’ve been meaning to ask you. Were you adopted?
不,为什么这么说?
No. Why?
因为你父亲有很奇怪的口音
Cos your dad has that weird accent.
我在办公室周围看到过他 我想说你们俩没有一点类似的地方
And I’ve seen him around the office. I gotta say, I don’t see the slightest resemblance.
真的吗?人们都说如果他戴上 假发的话,就是我了。
Really? Everybody says if you put a wig on him, he’d lookjust like me.
(爱尔兰口音) 看看谁来了 来,亲爱的。
Look at who’s here now. Come here, my darlin’.
嗨,爸爸
Hi, Daddy.
Rosie,亲爱的 – 妈妈
Rosie, honey. – Mom.
高兴见到你
Good to see ya.
这是哈尔·拉森 我和你们提过的那个人
This is Hal Larson, the guy I was telling you about.
很高兴认识你,先生 – 我也是
Great to meet you, sir. – Likewise.
高兴见到你,哈尔 – 我的荣幸,沙纳罕夫人
Nice to meet you, Hal. – The pleasure is mine, Mrs Shanahan.
哇 我明白罗斯玛丽的身材 是从哪里来的了
Wow. I can see where Rosemary gets her figure.
见鬼,你… 你穿的是什么呀?
What the hell… What the hell is that you’ve got on?
我们从海滩上来
We were at the beach.
亲爱的,你就不能穿点别的吗?
Won’t you be putting something else on, darlin’?
哦,快 她还没有在我面前这样过了 就当是偶尔这样的吧
Oh, come on. She doesn’t have to do that for me. Let’s just keep it casual.
偶尔
Casual.
嗨,爸爸,哈尔是你们公♥司♥ 还没有被好好利用的人才之一
Hey, Dad, Hal’s one of your great untapped resources down at the company.
你为什么不告诉他一些你的想法呢? – 哦,那么你已经有了一些想法了,是吗?
Why don’t you tell him some of your ideas? – Oh, so you’ve got a few ideas, do ya?
这很危险,但是回报也是很丰厚的
It is risky, but the rewards are greater, too.
只有像JPS这样有很好名声的公♥司♥ 可以销♥售♥这个产品
Only a company with a solid reputation like JPS could ever market this product.
哈尔,我拿走碟子了 – 谢谢,很好吃
Hal, let me take your plate. – Thank you. It was delicious.
我给你们来点咖啡好吗? – 我是想要杯茶,亲爱的
Can I get you boys some coffee? – I’d love a cup of tea, darlin’.
来点烈性酒吧
Maybe just a drop of the hard stuff.
好的,我就来杯joe吧 味道很好 谢谢
Yeah, I’ll just have a cup of joe. That’d be great. Thanks.
我得说,哈尔 我对你的许多想法印象深刻
I have to say, Hal, I’m impressed with a lot of your ideas.
有些是狗屎 但大多数你是认真考虑过的
Some of them are dogshit, but for the most part you seem to have done your homework.
所以我想让你为我做点什么 – 好的
So I’d like you to do something for me. – OK.
星期一上午,我要召开董事会议,
I’m meeting with me executive committee Monday morning,
我想让你在会上,做个发言
and I’d like you to make a presentation.
真的吗? – 是的,没有什么可紧张的,你知道
Seriously? – Well, nothing fancy, you understand.
就说你今晚在这里和我说的这些
Just talk about the same things that you talked about here tonight.
好的,我很高兴
Great. I’d love to.
噢,顺便一提 你可以结束(和我女儿)这段关系了
Oh, and by the way, you can cut out the act now.
什么?
Excuse me?
你认为我是个蠢蛋吗?
You think I got as far as I did in me life by bein’ a fool?
现在,你有野心了 哈尔,我很钦佩你
Now, you’ve got ambition, Hal, and I admire that.
该死的,我希望我还有 一百个像你一样的员工
Hell, I wish I had a hundred more like yourself.
那我们将会是这个国家最大的公♥司♥
We’d be the number one firm in the country.
而且我女儿也可以有更多的约会。
And me daughter would get a hell of a lot more dates.
我想罗斯玛丽不会缺少约会的人的
I’m sure Rosemary doesn’t have any problem getting dates.
我告诉你不要这么说的,不是吗?
I told you to cut the shit out, all right?
好的,罗斯玛丽是我的女儿 我很喜欢她
Look, Rosemary’s me daughter, and God knows I love her dearly.
但是我们都知道 我们看不到她舞动指挥棒
But I think we both know that we won’t soon be seeing her twirlin’ the baton,
和Dallas拉拉队一起游♥行♥
marching along with the Dallas cheerleaders.
嗯…
我不明白
I don’t understand.
我在说事实,哈尔
I’m telling the truth, Hal.
事实是打她两岁起 我就不能将她放在我膝盖上玩了
And the truth is I haven’t been able to bounce me daughter on me knee since she was two.
你知道吗 我从书上了解到像你这样的人
You know, I’ve read about people like you.
像我一样的人? – 成绩斐然,标准苛刻
People like me? – Superachievers with impossible standards.
没有足够好,也没有什么是符合标准的
Nothing’s ever good enough. Nothing ever measures up.
对你而言 你从不认为你的孩子是有自己情感的人
It never occurs to you that your kids are people, with their own feelings.
你认为他们只是你的扩展 就像你的公♥司♥
You think they’re an extension of you, like your company,
或者是你价值两千万的Lear飞机 前厅毕加索的画
or your $20-million Learjet and your Picasso out in the front hall.
在你眼里,任何事和人都不是完美的
Everything reflects on you, so nothing and no one is ever good enough.
继续
Go on.
当我第一次见到罗斯玛丽时 她告诉我说她知道她不漂亮
When I first met Rosemary, she told me she knew she wasn’t that good-looking.
我不敢相信我的耳朵 我想怎么一个如此美丽的人
I could not believe my ears. I thought how can a person this beautiful
对着镜子看自己会是另外的样子呢?
possibly interpret what she sees in the mirror to be anything other than that?
好的,现在我明白了
Well, now I know.
一切还好吗?
Is everything OK?
好,一切都好。很好
Yeah, everything is fine. Just fine.
什么?
What?
没什么
Nothin’.
我只是不敢相信我这么幸运
I just can’t believe how lucky I am.
(# “This Is My World” by Darius Rucker)
你对天发誓,你不会笑我?
You swear to God you’re not gonna laugh?
不,我不会的
Come on, I’m not gonna laugh.
(呜呜)

爸爸很喜欢
Daddy like.
# 你脸上的表情
# The look on your face
#它永远解释不了你的心
# It could never explain your heart
#还有我嘴唇的触感
# And the touch of my lips
#它永远无法告诉你我的想法
# It could never tell you my thoughts
# 你要我改变
# And you want me to change
#我不习惯…
# I can’t get used to…
这到底是…?怎么会…?
What in the…? How did…?
到这里来,Houdini(一位有名的魔术师)
Get over here, Houdini.
#因为这不是我
# Cos it’s not really me
#这就是我的世界,这就是我
# This is my world,this is who I am

Hi.
是,我在
Yes, I am.
一切都如此完美
Everything’s so perfect.
有一点害怕 – 我了解
It’s a little scary. – I know.
不是那种害怕
But in a good way.
是怕失去这一切。太好了
To have so much to lose. That’s nice.
以后电♥话♥联络 -好的
I’m gonna call you later. – OK.
再见
Bye.
(罗斯玛丽叹气)
(敲门声)
忘东西了?
Forget something?
哦,你好。
Oh, hey.
嗨,真高兴在你还没去上班
Hi. I’m glad I caught you before you went to work.
怎么了?
What’s up?
我想你或许想今晚到我那里
I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight,
开一瓶酒,或者看场录像?
open a bottle of wine, maybe watch a video?
不了谢谢。
Nah. Thanks, though.
总而言之,我想这些措施对JPS 和我们的顾客都有帮助
And in summation, I feel that these measures will help JPS and all of our customers.
干得好,哈尔 – 谢谢
Nice job, Hal. – Thank you.
太棒了 – 太好了
Nicely done. – I appreciate it.
哈尔,我认错 – 谢谢
Hal, I stand corrected. – Thank you.
哈尔,我马上要在我的办公室见你
Hal, I need to see you in me office straight away.
好的
Sure.
随便坐
Sit yourself down.
那么… 你认为如何?
So, what’d you think?
等会儿再谈这个
I’ll be gettin’ to that in a minute.
我想和你再谈谈 你前几天晚上你我的谈话
I want to talk to you about that conversation we had the other night,
和你对我说的那些事
and all of them things you said to me.
嗯,我对我所说的话深感不安
Well, I’m more than just a little embarrassed, having said what I said.
我想我的女儿拥有你很幸运
I think me daughter is lucky to have you.
不,先生 我才是幸运的那个
No, sir. I’m the lucky one.
真的吗?
Indeed.
好,现在说,关于你主持的会议 当然,是一流的
Well, now, as to your meeting in there, sure, it was first-rate.
是吗? – 哦,是
Yeah? – Oh, yes.
哈尔,我要和你说实话
Hal, I’m gonna level with you.
我需要你的直言 – 先生?
I need your balls. – Sir?
我需要一个敢对我说实话的人 知道吗?
I need a man around that can give it to me straight, you know?
不管他说的是好消息还是坏消息
Whether the news be good or bad.
所以我决定—— 从现在起,你将直接为我工作
So I’ve decided – from now on, you’ll be working directly for me.
嗯…
我不知道该说什么 但,我… 谢谢你
I don’t know what to say, but thank you.
好的,你已经谢过了
Well, a thank you will do just fine.
好… 滚出去吧
Well, get the fuck out.

OK.
(都) 祝贺你高升…
Congratulations on your promot…
哦,对不起 – 不,不,请进,请进
Oh, sorry. – No, no. Come in, come in.
我想你们见见罗斯玛丽, 罗斯玛丽,这是Jen和Artie,这是罗斯玛丽·沙纳罕
I want you to meet Rosemary. Rosemary, this is Jen and Artie. Kids, Rosemary Shanahan.
也是史蒂夫的?
As in Steve?
耶,他是我爸爸 哦,天啦,我想起来了,我叫了他来吃午饭
Yeah, he’s my dad. Oh, God, which reminds me, I gotta meet him for lunch.
那么我们周末再见,好吗?
So I’ll see you this weekend, OK?
真的很高兴见到你们 介意我取一小条吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!