拿城♥堡♥来说 随便哪种城♥堡♥
Take a look at a castle, any castle.
想想看城♥堡♥的基本构造
Now, break down the key elements that make it a castle.
千年来毫无改变
They haven’t changed in a thousand years.
第一是地点 可以居高临下俯视
One, location. A site on high ground that commands the territory…
所有领土的地点
as far as the eye can see.
第二就是屏障:高墙厚壁 用来抵挡猛烈的正面攻击
Two, protection. big walls. Walls strong enough to withstand a frontal attack.
第三要有驻军: 受过训练且勇于杀敌的精锐部队
Three, a garrison. Men who are trained and willing to kill.
第四是一面国旗 让士兵知道
Four, a flag. You tell your men,
“你们是士兵而那是我们的国旗”
“You’re soldiers and that’s our flag. ”
告诉他们“誓死悍卫我们的国旗
You tell them, “Nobody takes our flag. ”
最后
One step forward. Forward!
高挂国旗 在众目所及之处飘扬
And you raise that flag so it flies high where everyone can see it.
现在你自己的城♥堡♥已然完成
Now you’ve got yourself a castle.
这个城♥堡♥与其它城♥堡♥的唯一差别
The only difference between this castle and all the rest,
在于其它城♥堡♥是为防止外敌入侵而建造
is that they were built to keep people out.
这里却是为了囚禁人犯所设立
This castle is built to keep people in.
快点 把球传给我 把球传给我 老兄
Come on. Give me the ball. Give me the ball, man.
把那个鬼球给我
Come on. Give me the fucking ball. Fuck you!
长官
Sir?
长官 刚刚接到新囚犯抵达指令
Sir? A movement order just came in.
交给伯瑞兹上尉
Give it to Captain Peretz.
我来处理 这是A级特等囚犯的移监令
I’ll take that, Sheila. It’s a Category “A” transfer.
让我瞧一瞧
Let me see it.
老兄 要玩球 来呀
Fallout! Fallout! Fallout! Play ball, man. Come on.
下午5点
1700 hours?
不 我们已经准备好了
N No, no, we’re prepared.
是呀 只是快得出乎意外
Well, it’s just really fast. Okay.
你肯定没有搞错
All right. You’re sure you’re positive about this.
好 谢谢
Okay. Thankyou.
长官
Sir?
是真的
It’s the real deal.
他将在下午5点时被送达
He is coming in at 1700 hours.
今天下午5点
Seventeen hundred hours today?
他们是这么说的
That’s what they said, sir.
怎么可能 军事法庭今天才开始审查
I don’t understand. The trial began today.
他已认罪并被判刑10年
Apparently, he pled guilty and got ten years.
他们以最快的速度将他发监 以示敬意
They’re expediting his transfer as a courtesy.
以示敬意
Oh, as a courtesy?
他们该用他的名字来为军事基地命名 而不是送来我这
They should be naming a base after the man. Not sending him here.
老天爷 尤金.尔温
My God, Eugene Irwin.
判决、刑期已定 犯人即将送到
Well, we have verdict. We have a sentence. We have a prisoner.
没得选择 我们只好照章行事
We do our job… whether we like it or not.
我们得步步为营了 是吧
Puts us on our toes, though, doesn’t it?
护卫队到A闸门报到 签收囚犯
Escort detail report to Gate 18. Prisoner.
护卫队到A闸门报到 签收囚犯
Escort detail meet the prisoner on Gate “A. ”
我说他撑不过1个星期
I give him a week.
然后 然后就自杀了事
‘Til what? ‘Til he “scrags” himself.
军法审判没把他逼疯
The courtmartial didn’t put him over the edge,
这鬼地方保证会 1星期
I guarantee you the shithouse will. A week?
6捆烟 10捆
Six bundles. Six? Let’s make it ten.
好 就10捆 一言为定
All right. Make it ten then. Ah, there we go.
我跟很有主见的戴尔渥先生赌10捆烟 有人要加入吗
Ten bundles, Mr. Dellwo. Very specific, man.
你根本不知道自己在说些什么
Anybody else? You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.
来 就照大学杯篮球赛的赌法 10捆烟下注1格 谁要参加
Come on. We’ll make it like the Final Four. Ten bundles a square. Who’s in?
我不屑赌一个人会不会自杀
I’m not going to bet on whether or not a man’s going to kill himself.
变♥态♥极了
That’s some creepy shit, pilot.
瞧他 挺过1个星期绝对没问题
Besides, look at him. One week? He’s tougher than that.
能挺多久 8星期、10星期还是更久
How much tougher? Eight, ten, what?
8星期 还要下注吗
Eight. Anyone else?
你真是个冷血混♥蛋♥ 我只收赌注
You’re an icecold motherfucker, Yates. Hey, I’m not betting…
可没有赌他会自杀 爱玩不玩
he’s going to off himself. I’m just playing the books.
瓦力士 赌多少一周半
What about you, Cutbush? I know you’re in. Put me in for a week and a half.
一周半 你呢
A week and a half?. Wallace?
A级特等囚犯送到递解勤务单位
Go ahead. I have the transfer “A” to the P.R.U. now.
收到 一个皮夹
Copy that. P.R.U. One wallet. Leather.
家人照片 我女儿
Family photos? My daughter.
外孙 你想留在身边吗
Grandson. Would you like to keep these?
那是许可的
Um, that’s an authorized item.
非常感激
I’d appreciate that.
一串钥匙 眼镜
One set of keys. Glasses.
我必须收走戒指
I’m going to need your ring.
谢谢
Thankyou.
这你可以戴着 大学纪念戒指是可以自己保留
Oh. Actually, you can keep that. Academy rings are authorized.
两枚三颗星的徽章 看来就这样了
Three stars, two sets. Looks like that’s everything.
长官 囚犯尔温在外头等待 等我五分钟
Sir? Prisoner Irwin is outside. Five minutes.
五分钟 如果你想把它放下来 请便
Five minutes. You can put that down if you want.
你在对我说话 对
You talking to me? Yes.
我知道你在想什么 到底谁该向谁敬礼
I know what you’re thinking. Do I salute you, or do you salute me?
答案是都不必
Well, the answer is neither.
我的属下对我以及对彼此之间 依照阶级高低行礼
My men salute me, of course, and each other according to rank.
但囚犯之间不许行军礼
But there is no saluting by the general prison population.
首先 你饿吗
Well, first things first. Are you hungry?
不 确定 星期一的好菜是煎牛排饼
No. Are you sure? Mondays are our Salisbury steak night.
永远都有庆祝的理由
Always a cause for celebration. Indeed.
没错 要喝柠檬汁吗
Indeed. May I offer you some lemonade?
谢谢 请稍待 长官
Thankyou. Just be a minute, sir.
请到这来 我把这里环境
Prisoner Aguilar If you’ll step over here, I’ll give you…
大略介绍一下
a basic layout of the facility.
这里是行政大楼
The building we’re in now is the administration building.
那栋大楼是牢房♥
That building there houses the tiers.
就是你和其他囚犯居住的地方
That’s where you and the other inmates will live.
隔壁是洗衣间 我已经把你分配到那工作
The building next to it is the laundry, where I’ve had you assigned.
那是一片旧牢房♥的墙
Oh, that is the old blockhouse wall.
是1870年原始牢房♥所残留的唯一遗迹
It’s all that’s left of the original prison from the 1870s.
我认为保留历史的原貌是很重要的
I could’ve removed it, but I thought it was important to keep a sense of history,
所以我叫他们重新建造
so I asked the men to rebuild it.
他们还蛮喜欢的 感到相当自豪
They seem to enjoyit. It’s a matter of some pride now.
长官 请放在桌上
Sir? Yes? Please, on the table there.

Please.
来吧
Come on. Let’sgo.
我亲自接见每一个新到这里服刑的人
I personally meet with every new inmate here at the prison.
通常是在楼下
Usually downstairs.
我会问一个问题
And I ask them a question.
你对服刑期间有什么期望吗
What do you expect from your time here at the castle?
没有 只想服满刑然后回家
Nothing. Just to do my time and go home.
很好 这是一个很好的答覆
Perfect. That is the perfect answer.
现在我想冒昧请求
And now I have what may seem under the circumstances, a bizarre request.
我收藏一些对战争有重大影响力的书籍 包括你的著作…
I have a collection of most of the seminal books on warfare,
“指挥官的职责”
including The Burden of Command.
不知我是否有荣幸请你替我在书上签名
And I was wondering if you would do me the honor of signing it?
没问题 谢谢
Certainly. Thank you.
伯瑞兹上尉 是
Captain Peretz. Yes, sir?
两分钟
Two minutes.
真令人赞叹 是的 很棒的收藏品 不是吗
That’s impressive. Yeah. It’s a great collection, isn’t it?
是 当然
Yeah, sure.
这颗是史陆战役中所用过的子弹
That’s a miniball from Shiloh, used in battle.
在那场战役中格兰损失了1万3千名弟兄
Grant lost 13,000 men at Shiloh.
你想它是否撂倒了其中一个
Suppose this got one of’em?
谁晓得 你呢
Never know. Do you?
我是问 你有任何收藏品吗
I mean, do you collect anything?
没有只有一些从国外带回来的铜板
No. Just a few coins from some of the countries I’ve traveled to.
我父亲没有兴趣搜集军事品
My father didn’t care for military collections.
我可能也跟他一样吧
I guess it stuck with me.
只有没上过战场的人才会有这样的搜藏
Any man with a collection like this is a man who’s never set foot on a battlefield.
对他们来说 这不过是一件史蹟
To him, a miniball from Shiloh is just an artifact.
但就沙场老将来说…
And to a combat vet, it’s a hunk of metal…
那是一块曾让人痛苦不堪的铁片
that caused some poor bastard a world ofpain.
我一定把你的书放在别的地方了
I must have misshelved it… your book.
下次再签名吧
We’ll do it another time.
不 请交给我
No, please, please. Allow me.