有人来了 爸
Somebody’s coming, Pa.
知道了
Well…Let him come.
希望你不会介意我从你这儿抄近路过去
Hope you don’t mind my cutting through your place.
-我想我不会介意的 -我要去北方
-No, I guess not. -I’m heading north.
希望这附近没有栅栏
Didn’t expect to find any fences around here.
你好 孩子
Hello, boy.
你刚才一直在看着我 是不是
You were watching me, weren’t you?
是的
Yes, I was.
我喜欢平时注意周围事物的人
I like a man who watches things going around.
这说明他总有一天会出名的
It means he’ll make his mark some day.
好久没有见到泽西乳牛了
Long time since I’ve seen a Jersey cow.
你会见到很多的 泽西奶牛 荷兰奶牛
You’ll see a lot more. Jerseys and Holsteins…
或其它的
and the like.
-要喝点水吗 -谢谢
-Can I offer you some water? -Thanks.
你有点太警觉了
You’re a little touchy.
乔伊
Joey!
你知道不能用枪指着人
You know not to point guns at people.
我没指着人 妈妈
I wasn’t pointing at anybody, Mother.
孩子 你真把我吓着了
Sure had me snorting, son.
我只是想让你看看我的枪
I just wanted you to see my rifle.
你一定会开枪
Bet you can shoot.
-是不是 -会一点儿吧
-Can’t you? -Little bit.
好像你的朋友有点儿来晚了
Looks like your friends are a little late.
雷克和他的手下这时候过来做什么
What are the Ryker boys up to this time?
-雷克 -是的 就是雷克
-Rykers? -That’s what I said.
在你的泽西奶牛里 我不认识有叫雷克的
I wouldn’t know a Ryker from your Jersey cow.
出去的时候别忘了把门带上
Don’t forget to close the gate on your way out.
你能把枪放下吗 然后我就离开
Would you put down that gun? Then I’ll leave.
这有什么区别吗 反正你是要离开的
What’s the difference? You’re leaving anyway.
起码我不是被迫离开的
I’d like it to be my idea.
你好 斯塔雷特
Howdy, Starrett.
在等着麻烦吗
Expecting trouble?
我不想来找麻烦 我来是要通知你
I don’t want no trouble, Starrett. I came to inform you.
我得到了那个牛肉合同的预订
I got that reservation beef contract.
-你告诉我有什么用 -我是说交易
-So many to tell me that? -I mean business.
那么管你自己的事吧
Then, tend to your own.
这就是我在做的
That’s just what I’m doing.
我要用我所有的牧场
I’m gonna need all my range.
现在你已经警告我了 请离开我的家
Now you’ve warned me, get off my place.
你的家
Your place?
在下雪之前 你就要从这里滚出去了
You’ll have to get out before the snow.
-我要是不呢 -你和那些乡巴佬
-Supposing I don’t? -You and the other squatters.
应该是自耕农
Homesteaders, you mean.
我会马上把你们从这儿撵出去
I could blast you out of here right now.
听我说
Listen to me.
用枪把人从他的土地上赶走的时代已经过去了
The time for gun-blasting a man off his place is passed.
-他们正修建监狱 -乔 别说了
-They’re building a penitentiary…-Joe, that’s enough.
你是谁 陌生人
Who are you, stranger?
我是斯塔雷特的朋友
I’m a friend of Starrett’s.
斯塔雷特 到时候你可别说我没警告过你
Well, Starrett, you can’t say I didn’t warn you.
好的 你告诉过我了现在请离开我的土地
All right, you’ve told me. Now get off my claim.
晚饭一会儿就好 乔 不会等很久的
Supper will be ready in a little while, Joe. Won’t be very long.
等一下 先生 我
Wait, mister, I…
我发誓 我 请等一下
I swear, I…Wait a minute, please.
我把这枪要回来了
I take that back, what I…
你看 这 这枪没装子弹
Look, this…this thing aingt even loaded.
没装子弹吗
Not loaded?
是的 乔伊年纪还小 不能装子弹的
No, Joey’s too young to go loaded.
这是他的枪
That’s his gun.
并不出乎意料
If this don’t beat all!
我叫斯塔雷特 乔·斯塔雷特 这是乔伊
My name is Starrett, Joe Starrett, and this here’s Joey.
你听到我老婆的话了吧
You heard what my little woman said.
来吧 一起吃饭吧
Come on in, I feel like eating.
叫我肖恩
You can call me Shane.
好像这几天容易精神紧张
Guess I spook kinda easy these days.
你好 乔伊
Hello, Joe.
我这儿虽然东西不多 但我老婆做饭有一手
My place aingt very much yet, but my wife sure can cook!
一会儿就开饭了 你先在这儿洗一下
It won’t be long till supper. You can wash up right here.
你要是想了解一下 那边就是雷克占的地
In case you wanted to know, that’s Ryker’s spread all over there.
他以为这整个世界都归他所有
He thinks the whole world belongs to him.
老一辈的人还不能理解
The old-timers can’t see it yet,
但是不能继续 在开阔草原上放牧
but running cattle on an open range can’t go on.
那样占用太多的地方 却所得无几
It takes too much space for too little results.
放养的牲口并不好 它们都是角和骨头
Those herds aren’t any good, they’re all horns and bone.
养着用来吃肉的牛
Cattle that is bred for meat and
应该圈起来喂养
fenced in and fed right, that’s the thing.
你得选个地方 买♥♥块地 你自己的地
You gotta pick your spot, get your land, your own land.
自耕农可以养几头牛 种庄稼
A homesteader can’t run but a few beef, but he can grow grain,
靠着他的菜园 猪和牛奶 他也衣食无忧
and then with his garden and hogs and milk, he’ll be all right.
我们做到了 是不是 玛丽亚
We make out, don’t we, Marian?
当然了
Of course.
又是那只小牛 乔伊 把它赶走
It’s that calf again. Joey, chase her out of there.
乔伊 快去 孩子
Joey! Run on, son.
别忘了把门关上
Don’t forget to shut that gate.
乔伊
Joey!
走 走
Come on, shoo!
我本不应该问的 你这儿是要去哪儿
I wouldn’t ask you where you’re bound.
随便什么地方 随便那个我没去过的
One place or another. Some place I’ve never been.
我的唯一归宿就是一个小盒子
The only way I’ll leave is in a pine box.
什么意思 爸
What do you mean, Pa?
我是说他们会开枪打我
I mean they’ll have to shoot me and carry me out.
-你不应该这么说 -这是事实
-You shouldn’t talk like that. -It’s the truth.
你爱这里 我们已经在这儿住下来了
You love this place. We’ve got our roots down.
我希望你以后不要这样说话
I wish you wouldn’t talk that way.
这是我们第一个真实的家
Our first real home.
你说的是什么意思 你说
What did you mean when you said…
乔伊 大人说话 小孩不要插嘴
Joey, be quiet. The men want to talk.
这里的活太多了 我一个人干不过来
There’s just more work here than I can do.
如果我能雇一个人就好了
If I could hire me a man that…
我曾经雇过一个
I had one once,
但是雷克那伙人揍了他一顿
but the Rykers roughed him up,
然后他就走了 这帮狗♥娘♥养♥的
so he lit out, cussing me…
他们把他的牙都打掉了
They knocked his teeth out.
吃饼吧
Ready for pie?
要是没人吃这点心 看来只有我来解决了
If nobody else is gonna eat this biscuit, I guess I’ll have to.
我们还挺不错的 是吧
We’re kind of fancy, aren’t we?
你说什么 爸爸
What is, Pa?
不错的盘子 还有叉子
Good plates, an extra fork…
我的呢 妈妈
What about me, Ma?
-怎么了 玛丽亚 -没什么
-What’s the matter, Marian? -Nothing.
晚餐很不错 斯塔雷特夫人
That was an elegant dinner, Mrs. Starrett.
请原谅
Excuse me.
肖恩先生要去哪儿 他还没有向我们道别呀
Where’s Mr. Shane going? He didn’t even say goodbye.
他不会走的 乔伊 他的东西还放在这儿
He’s not going, Joey. He wouldn’t go without taking that.
我出去找他去
I’m going outside with him.
你跟他说过 今晚让他留下吗
Did you ask him to stay the night?
我现在就去
I’ll do that right now.
我真该死 你过来一下
Well, I’ll be doggone. Come here a minute.
乔 你为什么不套上几头牛来拉
Joe, why don’t you hitch up the team?
玛丽亚 我和这树桩断断续续斗争两年了
Marian, I’ve been fighting this stump off and on for two years.
我要是现在用牛来拉
Use the team now,
这树桩会认为我们输了
this stump could say it beat us.
有时候 只有我们自己的力量和汗水才管用
Sometimes nothing will do but your own sweat and muscle.

All right.
真希望他们能给我些子弹
I wish they’d give me some bullets for this gun.
-早上好 乔伊 -你怎么知道是我
-Good morning, Joey. -How did you know it was me?
我想牛是不会开插销的
Well, I figured the cow couldn’t work that latch.
你为什么起来这么早
Why are you up so early?
你等会儿就可以吃早饭了
You’re to stay for breakfast.
好 谢谢
Oh…Well, thank you.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章大独裁者
下一篇文章别惹蚂蚁
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!