这是瞭望哨
Lookout post.
几里之外都能看见
Clear for miles.
你就永远不会迷路了
Now, you’ll never get lost.
爸爸
Dad!
爸爸 不
Dad, no!
飞机上没睡啊
Didn’t sleep on the flight?
没睡多久
Not much.
当然 我很高兴你能来
Well, I’m glad you could make it. Of course.
不管我的日程有多忙
I’d never miss today.
我绝不会错过今天
Despite my busy schedule.
多瑙河还是否蔚蓝如初
How was the Danube?
浊了些许
Not blue.
别跟我绕圈子了
It’s all part of the walkabout.
投票结束后我会让亚当送你回去 不会花很长时间
I’ll have Adam drop you back after the vote. Shouldn’t take long.
谢谢
Thanks.
麦蒂很期待见到你
Maddie’s looking forward to seeing you.
– 她怎么样 – 她很想她妈妈
How is she? She’s missing her mum.
皮尔巴拉禁止采矿 保证皮尔巴拉安全
No mining in the Pilbara! Keep the Pilbara safe!
这架势是在干嘛
What’s all this?
皮尔巴拉禁止采矿
No mining in the Pilbara!
保证皮尔巴拉安全 还皮尔巴拉净土
Keep the Pilbara safe! Hands off the Pilbara!
金利先生 唐纳先生
Mr Kingley! Mr Downer!
– 金利先生 你是来投票的吗 – 先生 能给我份声明吗
Mr Kingley, are you here to vote? Can I get a statement, sir?
关于租赁农田 你会投赞成票吗
Will you be voting yes to leasing the farmland?
金利先生
Mr Kingley!
你进去吧 我去和他们谈谈
You go in, I’ll talk to the hands.
我还以为一切都在控制当中呢
Thought we had this all under control.
没错 请忽略他们
We do. Just ignore them.
好吧 你照顾好迈克尔 我会处理这个
Okay, you look after Michael. I will take care of this.
先生们 先生们 女士们 女士们 请
Gentlemen, gentlemen. Ladies, ladies, please.
好的 租赁农田进行可持续采矿的这个决定
All right. The decision to lease the farmlands for sustainable mining
得到地所有当社区的支持
has the support of all local communities.
投票结束后 王室牧场将发表一份完整的声明
After the votes, King Pastoral will release a full statement outlining
来解释我们对该地区的规划
our intentions in the region.
金利先生 非常感谢你 现在 回家吧
Mr Kingley. Thank you very much. Now, go home.
先生 你还在乎吗 你有良心吗
Sir, do you even care? Do you have a conscience?
大家集♥合♥好后 我就来找你
I’ll come for you once everyone’s assembled.
– 麦蒂 – 嗨 爷爷 你得阻止他
Maddie, hi. Grandpa, you’ve gotta stop him.
– 亲爱的 你在说什么 – 我父亲
– Dear, no. What do you mean? -My father.
但你还好吗
But are you okay?
– 我之前给你打过电♥话♥ – 知道他在做什么吗
I tried to call you. – Know what he’s doing?
如果我满18岁了 如果我进董事会了 我会阻止他的
If I was 18… If I was on the board, I’d stop him.
我给你发个链接
I’ll send you a link.
玛德琳
玛德琳…
我马上就好
I’ll just be a minute.
上课时间不准打电♥话♥ 玛德琳 马上挂掉
No phones during school hours. Madeline, now!
看一眼
Just read it.
– 我得挂了 – 谢谢
– I gotta go. Thank you.
放学以后来找我拿
Pick it up at the end of school.
皮尔巴拉开采租赁将在今日进行关键性投票
金利先生
Mr Kingley.
– 都准备好了 – 好的
We’re ready for you. Sure.
– 从这里传过去 – 这个预算令人印象深刻
Just come through. This budget is very impressive.
我们几分钟就完事 坐在那边等下吧
We’ll just be a couple of minutes. Wanna take a seat over there?
好的
Sure.
确定一下 我们应该找个专家来
Just make sure, we’re supposed to call a specialist.
卡尔 朱莉
Cal. Julie.
– 迈克尔 – 很高兴见到你 你怎么样啊
Michael. Good to see you. Michael, how are things?
我觉得一场风暴正在酝酿当中
I’d say there’s a storm a-brewing.
你绝对猜不到我找到了什么
You’ll never guess what I found.
超级幸福炸♥弹♥棒棒糖
Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
– 你从哪儿弄来的 -新加坡
Where’d you get them? Singapore.
– 哦 迈克尔 – 你不必分给别人
Oh, Michael. You don’t have to share.
我买♥♥了一大堆
I bought a stash.
哦 天呐
Oh, Jesus!
迈克尔
Michael
迈克尔 小心
Michael, be careful!
刚刚那是什么破事
What the heck was that?
你还好吗 没有被碎片划到吧
You okay? No glass get you?
我很好
I’m fine.
我们恐怕明天得重新开会投票
We’re gonna have to reconvene tomorrow for the vote.
房♥间乱七八糟 我现在还得飞趟悉尼
Room’s a mess. I have to fly to Sydney.
我以为我们计划和麦蒂一起吃晚饭的
I thought we were planning to have dinner with Maddie.
我不行 我得和投资者交易一下子
I can’t. I have to romance the investors.
这样我们就可以敬索尼娅一杯
So we can make a toast to Sonia.
对不起 希望你能理解的 我们明天再一起吧
I’m sorry, but you know how it is. We’ll all go out tomorrow.
她发了这个给我
She sent me this.
哦 上帝 听着 这不是个问题
Oh, Jesus. Look, it’s not an issue.
这片土地已经注销了 你看到的
The land’s been deregistered. You saw.
部落长老和我们一起吃的饭
The elders are at the table with us.
– 她很生气 – 你知道的 她那个年龄
She was pretty angry. You know what it’s like at that age.
认为父亲所做的一切都是错误或腐♥败♥的
Thinking everything your father does is wrong or corrupt.
没什么 我向你保证
It’s nothing. I promise you.
– 明天见 – 好
I’ll see you tomorrow. Yes.
明天见 马尔科姆
Tomorrow, Malcolm.
这很重要
It’s important.
明天
Tomorrow.
– 他没事吧 – 他会没事的
Is he gonna be all right? He’ll be fine.
你看到鸟了吗
Did you see the birds?
你应该敲门的
You’re supposed to knock.
之前说好的 我不锁门 但过来都要敲门
That’s the deal. I don’t lock, and everyone knocks.
你在海滩上看到他们了吗 那些鹈鹕
Did you see them on the beach? The pelicans?
– 你读过那篇文章了吗 – 麦蒂
Did you read the article? Maddie…
– 你读过吗 – 现在那是你♥爸♥爸的公♥司♥了
Did you read it? It’s your dad’s company now.
那曾经是你的公♥司♥
It was yours once.
你和妈妈的
Yours and Mum’s.
很快 你就能带着季度分红坐在董事会的位子上
In no time at all, you’ll be sitting on the board with your quarter share,
– 你就可以按照你的想法和你♥爸♥辩论 – 到那时就太迟了
and you can debate your dad. It’ll be too late by then.
他们会把西澳大利亚的一半都挖翻的
They’ll have dug up half of Western Australia.
我在公♥司♥只是为了维护和老客户的联♥系♥ 我左右不了政策的
I’m just a link to old clients. I don’t make policy anymore.
这会破坏水道 摧毁他们土生土长的家园
This will ruin the waterways and destroy their indigenous homelands.
– 这是不对的 你一定要看看 – 那你想让我做什么
It’s not right. You must see that. What do you want me to do?
– 阻止他 – 我做不到
Stop him! I can’t do that.
你和其他人一样
You’re just like everyone else.
– 懦夫 – 孩子 别这么说
Gutless! Don’t say that, Mads.
– 今天别说 – 妈妈会讨厌你的
Not today. Mum would’ve been disgusted with you.
还有 没有
And no.
我在海滩上什么也没看到
I didn’t see anything on the beach.
威廉·戈尔丁 《蝇王》
*讲述的故事发生于未来第三次世界大战中的一场核战争中
一群六岁至十二岁的儿童在撤退途中因飞机失事被困在一座荒岛上
起先尚能和睦相处 后来由于恶的本性的膨胀起来 互相残杀 发生悲剧性的结果
爷爷
Grandpa.
之前对你大喊大叫 我很抱歉
I’m sorry about shouting.
我知道这些都不是你的错
I know none of this is really your fault,
但我真的很生气
but I just get so angry.
我曾经也和你一样 坚信这些 麦蒂
I once believed in things like you do, Maddie.
坚信对我来说很特别的事情
Things that were special to me.
你还好吗 爷爷
You okay, Grandpa?
你怎么样 孩子
How are you, Mads?
我很好
I’m fine.
我吧 看到鸟了
Well, I’m seeing birds.
我长大的海滩上到处都是
The beach I grew up on was filled with them.
我和我父亲有些矛盾
I had problems with my father,
就像你一样
just like you.
我很生气
I was angry.
我没说出来
I didn’t talk.
我是如此
I was so…
我不知道为什么要告诉你这些
I don’t know why I’m telling you all this.
你去睡觉吧 早上见
You go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.
我可以熬夜的
I can stay up.
– 我不想把你一个人留在这里 – 我很好
I don’t wanna leave you out here alone. I’m fine.
只是

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章辛德勒的名单
下一篇文章幸福终点站
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!