我们10多年前查过你的帐…
We audited you a IittIe more than 1 0 years ago…
档案中有你的号♥码
…and your number was in the fiIe.
抱歉,但这实在是太奇怪了
I’m sorry, but this is incredibIy strange.
你和我说吧
You’re teIIing me.
你不觉得你疯了吗?
Didn’t you think you were crazy?
有点吧
Sort of.
但你每件事都是对的,每件事
But then you were right about everything. Like, everything.
然后你说,“他毫不知晓”
And then you said, ”LittIe did he know.”
“他毫不知晓?” – 是的,第三人称
”LittIe did he know”? -Yeah. It’s third-person omniscient.
天啊
Jesus.
意思是除了我之外还有人
Which meant it was, weII, you know, someone other than me.
最后希尔伯特教授就是这么说的
At Ieast that’s what Professor HiIbert said.
希尔伯特教授?
Professor HiIbert?
朱尔斯·希尔伯特教授? – 是的
Professor JuIes HiIbert? -Yeah.
他喜欢你的书
Yeah, he Ioves your books.
我喜欢他的来信,我不…
I Iove his Ietters. I don’t–
那么你明白我为何必须要找到你
So you understand why I had to find you…
…要你别杀死我 – 什么?
…and ask you not to kiII me. -What?
我是说,很明显,你还没写结尾
I mean, obviousIy you haven’t written the end.
哈罗德…
HaroId….
既然我们见过面,你看到我确实存在…
I mean, now since we’ve met and you can see that I exist…
你就不会杀死我了,对吧?
…you’re not gonna kiII me, right?
你写了吗?
Have you written it?
我能…不
I can– No.
你写出来了? – 只有提纲
Have you written it? -An outIine.
好吧,但只是个提纲,对吧?
Okay. But it’s just an outIine, right?
算是吧 – “算是”?
Yeah, sort of. -”Sort of”?
还没打出来? – “没打出来”?
It’s just not typed. -”Not typed”?!
也许没问题 – 什么意思?
Maybe that’s okay. -What does that mean?
抱歉,我在尽力去写一本书 – “没问题”是什么意思?
I’m sorry, I’m trying to write a book. -What do you mean it’s ”okay”?
你抱歉是什么意思? – 凯
What do you mean you’re sorry? -Kay.
让他读读吧
Let him read it.
让他读读
Let him read it.
你找到她了? – 嗯
Did you find her? -Yeah.
然后呢? – 我可能已经死了…
And? -I may aIready be dead…
只是还没打出来
…just not typed.
就是这个?
Is that it?
你读了吗?
Did you read it?
我试过,但我做不到
I tried, but I couIdn’t.
你要读一读
You have to read it.
你要该告诉我该做什么不该做什么
You have to teII me what to do or what not to do.
如果我能避免…
If I can avoid it….
如果我有机会…
If I have a chance….
求求你
PIease.
好吧
Okay.
好的
Okay.
这是你的制♥服♥
And here’s your uniform.
贝妮塔在外面,她会分配你储物柜
It’s a go. Banetta’s outside, she’II assign you your Iocker.
去吧 – 我准备好了
And you roII. -I’m ready.
希尔伯特教授?
Professor HiIbert?
嗨,哈罗德 – 嗨
Hi, HaroId. -Hi.
你看上去很累
You Iook tired.
不,不,只是冷静
No, no, just caIm.
哈罗德,我很遗憾
HaroId, I’m sorry.
你必须死去
You have to die.
什么?
What?
这是她的杰作
It’s her masterpiece.
这可能是她璀璨的事业中最重要的一部小说
It’s possibIy the most important noveI in her aIready stunning career…
除非你在结尾死去,这才是一部佳作
…and it’s absoIuteIy no good unIess you die at the end.
我已经读了一遍又一遍…
I’ve been over it again and again…
我知道这对你有多难
…and I know how hard this is for you to hear.
你要我去有意地面对死亡?
You’re asking me to knowingIy face my death?
是的
Yes.
真的?
ReaIIy?
是的
Yes.
我想…我想你会找到什么…
I thought you’d…. I thought you’d find something.
很抱歉,哈罗德
I’m sorry, HaroId.
我们能不能试试看她能否改一下?
Can’t we just try and just see if she can change it?
不行 – 不行?
No. -No?
哈罗德…
HaroId…
大环境下这是无关紧要的
…in the grand scheme it wouIdn’t matter.
这很重要 – 不是
Yes, it wouId. -No.
我可以改变
I couId change.
我可以辞职
I couId quit my job.
我可以和安娜远走高飞
I couId go away with Ana.
我可以重新做人
I couId be someone eIse.
哈罗德,听我说
HaroId, Iisten to me.
我现在不想死
I can’t die right now.
这真不是好时候
It’s just reaIIy bad timing.
没人想死,哈罗德 但是很不幸我们没办法
No one wants to die, HaroId, but unfortunateIy we do.
哈罗德…
HaroId….
哈罗德,听我说
HaroId, Iisten to me.
哈罗德,你某一天会死去
HaroId, you wiII die someday, sometime.
在银行心力衰竭
Heart faiIure at the bank.
吃薄荷糖时憋死
Choke on a mint.
度假时染上慢性病
Some Iong, drawn-out disease you contracted on vacation.
你会死的,肯定会的
You wiII die. You wiII absoIuteIy die.
躲得过初一也躲不过十五
Even if you avoid this death, another wiII find you.
而且我保证远非她写得那样…
And I guarantee that it won’t be nearIy as poetic or meaningfuI…
富有诗意和意味深长
…as what she’s written.
我很抱歉…
I’m sorry…
但这是所有悲剧的本性,哈罗德
…but it’s the nature of aII tragedies, HaroId.
主人公死去,但故事永流传
The hero dies, but the story Iives on forever.
那边有空座 – 不,我就要坐在这
There’s an empty seat right there. -No, I wanna sit down over here.
凯?
Kay?
凯?
Kay?
你觉得我杀死了多少人?
How many peopIe do you think I’ve kiIIed?
凯 – 多少?
Kay. -How many?
我不知道 – 8个
I don’t know. -Eight.
凯… – 我杀死了8个人,我数过
Kay– -I’ve kiIIed eight peopIe. I counted.
他们都是虚构的,起来吧
They’re fictionaI. Get up.
哈罗德·克里克可不是虚构的
HaroId Crick isn’t fictionaI.
我不… – 他不是虚构的,彭妮
I don’t– -He isn’t fictionaI, Penny.
我写的每本书都是以某人死去结尾 每本书都是
Every book I’ve ever written ends with someone dying. Every one.
很多还是真正的好人
ReaIIy nice peopIe too.
那本写海伦,那个教师的就是
The book about HeIen the schooIteacher.
我在暑假前一天杀死了她
I kiIIed her the day before summer vacation.
多残忍♥啊
How crueI is that?
那个很坏的工程师,爱德华
And the civiI engineer, Edward.
我把他…
The one I trapped…
在上下班高峰用心脏病困了1小时
…with a heart attack in rush hour.
我杀死了他
I kiIIed him.
我杀死了…
I kiIIed….
彭妮,我把他们都杀死了
Penny, I kiIIed them aII.
艾芙小姐,艾芙小姐
Miss EiffeI? Miss EiffeI?
哈罗德 – 嗨
HaroId. -Hi.
我刚看完 – 你真是…
I just finished it. -You just….
我在公车上一口气看完了
Yeah, I read it aII in one read on the bus.
很感人
It’s IoveIy.
我喜欢吉他那部分
I Iike the part about the guitars.
谢谢,谢谢… 听着,我…
WeII, thanks, thanks. Goo– WeII, Iisten, I’m–
我读过了,很喜欢 结局只能有一种
No, I read it and I Ioved it. And there’s onIy one way it can end.
我是说,我在文学方面没多少背景知识
I mean, I don’t have much background in Iiterary anything…
但是这个很显而易见
…but this seems simpIe enough.
我喜欢你的书 我想你应该把它写完
I Iove your book. And I think you shouId finish it.
他死前那一夜
The night before his death…
哈罗德出人意料地处理了一些平常事务
…Harold unsuspectingly went about some usual business.
他出色地完成了审计项目
He finished his outstanding audits.
打了几通延误了的电♥话♥
He made a few phone calls he had been putting off.
听着,你的节目有年龄限制吗?
Listen, does your program have an age Iimit?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!