你在仔细看吗?
Are you watching closely?
每一场魔术表演都有三个步骤
Every magic trick consists of three parts,or acts.
第一个步骤是”以虚代实”
The first part is called “the pledge.”
魔术师秀出一个真实的东西
The magician shows you something ordinary.
一副牌 一只鸟或一个人
A deck of cards,a bird or a man.
让你看这样东西
He shows you this object.
叫你检视它
Perhaps he asks you to inspect it
看它的确是真的
to see that it is indeed real
平常的不得了
unaltered normal.
但是 其中一定有假
But,of course,it probably isn’t.
-你想去哪里? -我是表演的一部分 猪头
-Where do you think you’re going? -I’m part of the bloody act you fool.
第二个步骤是”偷天换日”
The second act is called “the turn.”
魔术师利用这个普通的东西
The magician takes the ordinary something
做出令人叹为观止的表演
and makes it do something extraordinary.
现在你很想找出秘诀 但是绝对找不到
Now you’re looking for the secret,but you won’t find it
因为你根本没有真正在看
because,of course,you’re not really looking.
你并不是真的想知道
You don’t really want to know.
你想要被骗
You want to be…fooled.
但是你还不会鼓掌
But you wouldn’t clap yet
因为把东西变不见还不够
because making something disappear isn’t enough.
你必须把它变回来
You have to bring it back.
所以魔术都有第三个步骤
That’s why every magic trick has a third act.
最难的部分
The hardest part.
我们称之为”化腐朽为神奇”
The part we call “the prestige.”
化腐朽为神奇? 劳勃安杰 你的雇主丹顿大♥师♥
The prestige? And did Robert Angier,the Great Danton,your employer
那晚有完成表演吗?
get to that final part of his trick that night?
-并没有 出了状况 -出了什么状况?
-No sir. Something went wrong. -What went wrong?
我看到有个人跑到舞台下方
I saw someone making their way below stage.
我跟踪他
I followed him.
那是波登 眼睁睁看着安先生溺死
It was Borden,watching Mr. Angier drown.
柯特先生 请向陪审团说明你的职业
Would you please describe your occupation to the jury,Mr. Cutter.
我是机关师
I’m an ingueieur
设计魔术表演 打造需要的道具和机关
I design illusions and construct the apparatus necessary for performing them.
柯先生
So Mr. Cutter
舞台下方的水箱
was this water-filled tank beneath the stage
也是这个魔术的道具吗?
part of Mr. Angier’s illusion?
不 那是…
No. The tank…
水箱是第一个表演用的 然后就被搬下台
was brought on for the first trick and then taken offstage.
一定是波登把它移到机关门底下了
Borden must have placed it under the trap door after the end of it.
水箱有多大?
How large was this tank?
表演水底脱逃的一般大小 大约四五百加仑吧
It’s a normal tank for escape under water about 400 or 500 gallons.
波登怎么能一个人移♥动♥水箱
How do you think he was able to move the tank
而没有让任何人发现?
under the trap door without anyone noticing?
他是魔术师 你去问他
He’s a magician,ask him.
我要求你为我解释 安先生的魔术机关
I ask again would this man explain the mechanics of Mr.Angier’s illusion.
真正的遁移术
The Real Transported Man
是这一行最抢手的魔术
is one of the most sought after illusions in this business.
出♥售♥秘诀的权利在我手中
I have the right to sell it on.
如果被揭穿就不值钱了
If I reveal the method here,the trick is worthless.
我们怎么知道 水箱不只是单纯出错?
How can we know that the tank wasn’t simply some part of the trick that went wrong?
我了解你的处境
Mr. Cutter I see your predicament.
但是这攸关波登的生死
But Alfred Borden’s life hangs in the balance.
如果你私底下向我透露细节
If you were prepared to disclose the details to me in private
我就能对此案做出中肯的判决
I might be able to judge their relevance to the case.
你能接受这种妥协吗?
Might this be an acceptable compromise?
麻烦你掏出口袋里的东西
I’m going to have to ask you to turn out your pockets.
我不是故意找你碴
Not my idea sir. The warden saw his show in Manchester last year
典狱长看过他凭空消失的表演
where he vanished into thin air.
他觉得他会企图逃狱
He’s convinced he’ll try and escape.
我说他能逃走的唯一机会
I told him the only way Borden’s going to disappear
就是和其它囚犯混在一起
is if I leave him out there with the other inmates.
检查手铐的锁…
Check the locks…
检查两次
…twice.
我叫欧文
My name is Owens.
我是一名律师
I’m a solicitor.
代表卡德洛爵士 一位业余魔术师兼历史学家
I represent Lord Caldlow,an accomplished amateur magician and…
多少钱?
How much?
-卡爵士有兴趣… -他出多少钱买♥♥我的魔术?
-He is interested… -How much for my tricks?
五千英镑
Five thousand pounds.
跟我的机关师法隆说钱归他
Talk to Fallon,my ingueieur. Money’s for him.
我说了 他答应出♥售♥你的秘诀
Yes,I did. He offered to sell me your tricks.
除了最值钱的遁移术外
All except the most valuable one,The Transported Man.
我绝不会出♥售♥我最伟大的魔术
Well I won’t forgive myself for selling my greatest trick.
即使是为了你女儿?
Even for your daughter?
如果报纸没料错…
If you are for the drop…
-你女儿就需要别人照顾 -法隆会照顾她
-your daughter is going to need looking after. -Fallon will take care of her.
伯纳法隆? 他这个人跟你一样神秘
Perfect,Fallon. A man with a past as obscure as your own.
法♥院♥一定会剥夺他的监护权
The courts have motioned she be removed from his care.
你女儿就会变成孤儿
She will be an orphan.
你应该对童工工厂很熟吧 会比监狱好吗?
I know you’re no stranger to the workhouse. It’s better than here?
我给你一个机会维护尊严
I’m offering you a way to wrap up your affairs with dignity.
也给你女儿一个未来
I’m offering your daughter a future.
她被卡爵士领养 保证要什么就有什么
As Lord Caldlow’s ward,she will want for nothing ever.
好好考虑吧
Well. think it over.
爵士给你这本日记以表诚意
And Lord Caldlow would like you to have this as a show of good faith.
也许你会有兴趣 这是劳勃安杰的日记
It might be of interest. Robert Angier’s diary.
包括他在科罗拉多学会你的魔术
including the time he spent in Colorado learning your trick.
-他没学会我的魔术 -真的吗?
-He never learned it. -Really?
他回来以后表演全新的遁移术
On his return,he mounted a version of The Transported Man
报纸说比你的原版更棒
that the papers said was better even than your original.
你想知道安杰的秘密 得把他从坟墓挖出来问
If you want Angier’s secrets you go dig him up and ask him yourself.
我想要你的秘密 波登
I want your secret,Mr. Borden.
为你的女儿着想吧!
Consider your daughter.
字谜 一个大谜团
A cipher An enigma…
寻找 我要寻找答案
a search a search for answers.
就算科罗拉多是我的终点站
Even if Colorado is the end of my journey
要解开波登的谜要花更久的时间
it’ll take much longer to unravel the rest of Borden’s secrets.
他笔记的密♥码♥只有一个字
See,the cipher in his notebook is unlocked by a single word
但也得要花好几个月翻译 才能了解他的想法
but it will still take months to translate his writing. And to know his mind.
我的执着经得起这场考验
Well,my passion is equal to the task.
(科罗拉多泉镇)
安先生? 欢迎光临泉镇
Mr. Angier? welcome to Colorado Springs.
-整座小镇都有供电吗? -是的
-The whole town has electricity. -Yes sir.
好隆重的欢迎
Well. quite a reception.
您是本季第一位客人 安先生
You’re our first guest of the season,Mr. Angier.
您的电报没提到您会待多久
Your telegram didn’t indicate how long you’d be staying with us.
能待多久就待多久
As long as it takes.
我明天需要马车载我上山
I will need a coach tomorrow to take me up the mountain.
山顶关闭了 为了科学实验
Well the peak’s closed,sir. For scientific experimentation.
我知道 这就是我来的目的
Yes,I know. That’s why I’m here.
先生 接下来您得自己走路了
You’ll have to walk the rest,I’m afraid,sir.
(电击危险)
令人惊讶 你们记者都看不懂我的标志吗?
I’m amazed how many of you newspaper writers can’t read my sign.
看来我并不受欢迎
Not the welcome I was expecting.
我认得你
I know you.
你是魔术大♥师♥丹顿 我在伦敦看了你七场表演
You’re the Great Danton. I saw your show in London Seven times
你猜中观众口袋里的每样东西
You guessed every object the audience had in their pockets.
我是艾利
I’m Alley.
围栏的事真抱歉 太多人来干扰
Sorry about the fence. People keep interfering with our work.
-我来见泰斯拉 -为什么?
-I’ve come to see Tesla. -Why?
他为我的同行打造一架机器
He made a machine for a colleague of mine some time ago.
-你能安排我们见面吗? -恐怕是不太可能
-Can you get me a meeting with him? -Impossible,I’m afraid.
我带了很多钱来
I’ve brought a lot of money.
很抱歉 安先生
I’m sorry,Mr. Angier.
我帮不上忙
I simply can’t help.
我会一直待在旅馆
I’ll be staying at the hotel,indefinitely.
我现在握着什么?
Hey,what am I holding?
你的怀表
Your watch.
波登的日记 1♥8♥9♥7年4月3日 记录了奥芬大剧院的演出
Borden’s journal entry for April 3 1♥8♥9♥7 describes a show at the Orpheum Theater.
那时我们才刚认识
That was just days after he first met me.
当时我们都是刚出道的魔术师
We were two young men at the start of a great career

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!