Let’s welcome our favorite alumnus,
让我们欢迎最受欢迎的校友
and the next senator from the state of New York,
未来的纽约州参议员
David Norris!
戴维·诺里斯
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢大家
Well, hi, there.
大家好
My name is David Norris,
我叫戴维·诺里斯
and I’d like to be
我想成为
the next senator from the great state of New York.
下届纽约州的参议员
Look at you. What’s your name?
瞧瞧 你叫什么名字
I’m going to go through Yonkers, door to door
我打算去扬克斯市 挨家拜访
and take the city that way. We love you.
就用那种方式拿下选票 我们爱你
The recent endorsement by the fire fighter’s union
最近诺里斯的消防员联盟支持率
is another boost to Norris
又有提升
who already had a six-point lead over
他已领先对手罗杰·林非
his opponent, Roger Linfield.
六个百分点
Whenever I see you on C-Span, and you stand,
你无论何时出现在C-Span[有线卫星网]
I always think you’re about to go, “Chug!”
我总以为你要冲锋
Congressman, you certainly started your career off,
议员先生 就在八年前
eight years ago with a bang , or should I say a bust.
你的事业有了飞跃 也进了班房♥
For the last eight years,
近八年来
David Norris has represented Brooklyn,
戴维·诺里斯代表了布鲁克林区
New York City and America.
代表了纽约和美国
This is my campaign chairman, Charlie Traynor.
这位是我的竞选主席 查理·崔纳
These are voters.
这些是选民
Latest polls have you up 10 points.
最新民♥意♥调查显示你领先十个百分点
We’re 10 points up?
我们领先十个百分点吗
This is not going to be easy getting there.
竞选参议员真不容易
I have some real opposition,
我有些坚实的反对者
and what they’re saying about me
他们这样评价我
is that I’m too young to hold this office.
对于参议员来说我太年轻了
Win big, but run like you’re 20 down.
要赢得漂亮 但低调点 好比你还落后
Okay, you got it.
好 明白了
Thank you, Gary.
谢谢你 盖瑞
But that’s okay because these are the same people
那也没关系 因为那些人
who say that young people don’t vote,
还会说年轻人不投票
young people don’t care about politics,
年轻人不关心政♥治♥
but I’m here to tell you,
但我现在要告诉你们
your future is about your choices, not theirs.
你们的未来由你们选择 而不是他们
So, today I’d like to put them on notice
而今天我要告诉他们
because come November, I want them to know
因为十一月快到了 我要让他们知道
that it was young people like you,
就是你们这样的年轻人
who kicked their asses.
会让他们大吃一惊
David! David!
戴维
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Charlie.
查理
What’s wrong?
出什么事了
Yeah?
请讲
Any ideas?
有进展吗
I’m working on it.
我正在处理
Keep me posted.
保持联络
Yeah.

David Norris,
戴维·诺里斯
until recently, he was way ahead in the polls.
之前他一直在民♥意♥调查中遥遥领先
Mary Matalin and James Carville are here.
玛丽·马丁和詹姆斯·卡维尔为您主持
Mary, this is a surprise.
玛丽 这真是意外
It is a surprise. Such political promise.
的确 他本来有大好仕途
This compelling story,
他的故事很有传奇色彩
he grew up in a rough neighborhood in Brooklyn.
他在布鲁克林区的贫民区长大
He overcame the loss of his entire family,
他克服了家庭的不幸
his mom and his brother when he was 10,
十岁的时候 妈妈和哥哥过世
his father before he got to high school, he got over that.
进高中前父亲又去世了 他都挺过来了
He had such promise.
他真的很有前途
And he was the youngest person
他还是最年轻的
ever elected to the House of Representatives.
已当选的众议员
Yeah, he was elected when he was actually 24,
是啊 他当选时才二十四岁
but he gets in a bar room fight the night that he’s elected.
但他当晚就在酒吧打架
I like this, all right.
这事我喜欢
Then you have this photo coming out of the New York Post.
纽约邮报登载了这张照片
I think the accretion of this stuff
我觉得这陈年往事
was just too much for the voters.
对选民来说会难以接受
It reeked of some level of immaturity here, of impulsiveness.
那是乌七八糟的小痞子 还没自♥制♥力
People want maturity, they want adults in Congress.
人们想要成熟的成年人加入国会
Big night for us, gentlemen.
今晚对我们很重要 先生们
Everybody ready?
大家准备好了吗
You look exhausted.
你看起来很疲惫
You should take a vacation when all this is finished.
这些干完后你该休一次假
You’ve earned it.
你应得的
I’m not sure the kind of tired I am
休假估计缓解不了
can be fixed by a vacation.
我这种疲惫
Everybody needs a vacation,
每个人都需要休假
even us.
即便是我们
All right, let’s get him back on track.
好吧 我们把他带回正轨
Mary, over the past couple of weeks
玛丽 在过去几星期里
since the photo came out, they thought people…
自从照片被曝光 他们认为人们…
Why are you still watching CNN?
你怎么还在看CNN[有线新闻网]
That it wasn’t such a big deal, but clearly it was.
照片不算什么 但显然并非如此
They called this way too early. Come on.
他们言之过早 来吧
Put on your pretty little tie and let’s go.
戴上你的小领带 我们走
Suffolk County numbers,
萨福克县的选票数
Linfield, 415,120. Norris…
林非 415120票 诺里斯…
370,233.
370233票
I really thought we’d win Suffolk.
我还以为萨福克我们胜券在握
Kings County just came in, too.
国王县的结果也出来了
Well…
好吧…
I didn’t win Brooklyn.
我没赢得布鲁克林区
It’s going to be a blow out.
这下输惨了
NBC has us up next.
NBC[国家广播公♥司♥]马上会播出
I’m going to go work on my speech.
我去准备演讲稿
David…
戴维…
David. Hey!
戴维 等等
I’m sorry I wasted your time, Charlie.
我很抱歉 浪费了你的时间 查理
NBC news is now calling the election for Roger Linfield.
NBC新闻 罗杰·林非看来胜券在握
After a shockingly poor showing at both Suffolk County,
戴维·诺里斯在萨富克县和他的家乡国王县
and his home county, Kings,
均遭惨败
it now appears David Norris will lose this election badly.
现在看来 他将在这次选举中完败
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
I grew up in Red Hook,
我在红钩社区长大
and I don’t want to surprise anybody,
我不想给任何人惊喜
but I got into a few fistfights along the way.
但我也被卷入了一些斗殴事件
It’s not whether or not you get knocked down,
你是否被击倒并不重要
it’s what you do when you get back up.
重要的是 你站起来后会怎么做
Ladies and gentlemen, I’m here tonight to tell you
女士们 先生们 我今晚要告诉你们
I will get back up.
我会东山再起
But tonight is not about me.
但今晚主角不是我
It is about coming together
今晚我们相聚在此
and welcoming the newest senator
恭贺我们新上任的
for the great state of New York,
纽约州参议员
Roger Linfield.
罗杰·林非
Shit!
见鬼
Shit, shit, shit.
见鬼 见鬼 见鬼
Hello?
有人吗
It’s the men’s. Yep.
这里是男厕所 对
Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.
很抱歉 我不是故意偷听
I just didn’t know what to do.
我只是不知道该怎么办
I heard you come in and say, “Hello,”
我听到你进来说了句 “有人吗”
and I probably should have said, “Hi,”
我也许该回答 “你好”
but then I thought that would be weird
但我想那样有点怪
because it’s the men’s.
因为这里是男厕所
Then you started talking to yourself and
接着你就开始自言自语

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!