I entered this world on the Champs Elysees. 1959.
在香榭丽舍的人行道上
The pavement of the Champs Elysees.
你知道我说的第一句话是什么吗
And you know what my very first words were?
-不知道 是什么 -“纽约先驱论♥坛♥报”
-No. What? -“New York Herald Tribune”.
纽约先驱论♥坛♥报
New York Herald Tribune
纽约先驱论♥坛♥报
New York Herald Tribune
纽约先驱论♥坛♥报
New York Herald Tribune
想和我一起去罗马吗
Will you come to Rome with me?
这儿 朝这 这儿
Here. Right here. Here.
不 那里
No, there!
-晚安 马修 -晚安
-Good night, Matthew. -Night.
♪我出生♪
♪I was born…♪
♪在大衣箱♪
♪In a trunk…♪
♪在王子的剧场♪
♪In the Prince’s theatre…♪
♪在波卡特洛♪
♪In Pocatella…♪
♪爱达荷♪
♪Idaho.♪
♪我出生♪
♪I was born…♪
♪在大衣箱♪
♪In a trunk…♪
♪在♪
♪In the…♪
♪王子的剧场♪
♪Prince’s theatre…♪
亲爱的妈咪
Dear Mom,
我有个天大的好消息要告诉你
I got some real news this time.
我刚认识了在法国的第一个朋友
I’ve just met my first French friends.

Hello?
-马修 -你是谁啊
-Matthew? -Who is this?
-不用惊讶 是我 -里奥
-Don’t be so suspicious. It’s me. -Theo?
-我吵醒你了吗 -我都起来好久了
-Don’t tell me I woke you up. -No, I’ve been up for ages.
你听起来似乎不像起来很久了
You don’t sound as if you’ve been up for ages.
早晨的时候我就是这样的
I always sound like this in the morning.
我也是没办法才这么早打电♥话♥给你 我9点就要上课了
Sorry, I have to call you early because I’ve got a class at nine.
-没事 -明晚你可以来和我跟伊莎吃顿饭吗
-Right. -You want to have dinner tomorrow night with Isa?
在上等的餐厅吗
You mean like a real dinner in a nice restaurant?
不 不在餐厅 就在这儿 在家里
No, no. Not in a restaurant. Here. At home.
好的 没问题 太好了
Yeah. Sure, that would be great.
行了吗 那好的
Yes? Okay. Why don’t you…
里奥 该挂电♥话♥了 9点到了
Please get off the phone. It’s nine o’clock.
吃饭之前我们先喝一杯 在”休闲”
Yes, yes. Why don’t you meet us for a drink first? At the Respite.
6点钟 你知道在哪儿吧
Six o’clock. You know where it is?
-哲学咖啡馆 -6点准时到啊
-Boulevard Saint Germain? -Be there at six.
-三层 -三层
-Third floor! -Third floor?
在那儿我们有自己的房♥间
You know, there’s room in here for all of us.
里奥和我都很有感染力的
Theo and I are contagious.
-我们都很有感染力 -感染力
-We are very contagious. -Contagious?
你追不上的
You mustn’t catch us.
-这儿真漂亮 -真的吗
-It’s beautiful. -You think so?
好运
Good luck.
晚上好 妈咪
Evening, mother.
你们要做什么
What are you doing here?
-我们准备做晚饭 -什么
-We’re here for dinner. -What?
跟马修一起
With Matthew.
-伊莎贝尔没说吗 -什么马修
-Didn’t Isabelle say? -Which Matthew?
这个马修 他是我们新交的朋友
This Matthew. He’s our new friend.
-马修 这是我的妈妈 -您好
-Matthew, this is my mother. -Hi.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
-Very pleased to meet you, Matthew. -Likewise.
-你是美国人 是吧 -对 我来自加利福尼亚
-You’re American, are you? -Yeah, I’m from California.
马修住在一个恶心的学生旅店 马尔布兰克大街
Matthew lives in a nasty student hotel. Rue Malebranche.
所以我们请他来吃顿饭
So we invited him to dinner.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我该怎么说呢 我只做了两个人的饭
What can I say, Isabelle? I’m cooking for two
但现在我们有5个人
and now there are five of us.
里奥没跟你说过吗
Didn’t Theo tell you?
没有 你们两个都没说
No, he didn’t. And neither did you.
你是脑袋进水了还是怎么了
Have you got mashed potatoes for brains or what?
-你应该跟妈妈说的 -你疯了
-You were supposed to tell her! -You’re crazy!
婊♥子♥ 荡♥妇♥
Bitch, cow, slut…
你们两个给我闭嘴
For God’s sake, put a sock in it, you two.
我为我孩子的行为向你道歉
I must apologize for my children’s behavior, Matthew.
不 我才是应该道歉的那个人
No, I’m the one who should be apologizing.
请别为我自责了
Please, don’t put yourself out on account of me.
你真客气 不过好像你没什么错
That’s very sweet of you. You’re completely blameless.
让我来看看你
Let me look at you.
我希望你给我的爸爸留下一个好印象
OK. I want you to make a good impression on Papa.
爸 是我
Papa, it’s me.
我们来这吃饭了
We’re eating in.
电影资料馆怎么样了
And the Cinematheque?
被关了 直到有新的消息之前
Closed until further notice.
爸爸
Papa!
没看到我们来了个客人吗
Can’t you see we have a guest?
这位是马修
This is Matthew.
-先生你好 -马修你好
-Sir. -Matthew.
马修来和我们吃晚饭
Matthew’s dining with us tonight.
年轻的马修啊 灵感就像刚出生的小孩
My young Matthew, inspiration is like a baby.
他并不会刻意选择一个地方 来到这个世界上
It does not choose a nice, seemly hour to enter the world.
他不会考虑笨拙的诗人
It has no consideration for the poor poet.
但是当他要来的时候
But when it does come,
真的要来的时候 你们知道
when it deigns to come, then you know it’s…
年轻人 我在跟你说呢 我还以为你再听呢
Young man. I was speaking to you. I imagined you were listening.
我刚才 对不起
I was. I’m sorry.
什么
What?
没什么 我只是 我只是
Nothing. I was… I was just…
你对这个打火机挺感兴趣的 我想知道为什么
You seem to be mesmerized by this tin lighter. I’d like to know why.
-说说 -乔治 拜托 马修是我们的客人
-Well? -George, please. Matthew’s our guest.
不不不 我十分感兴趣 我想知道为什么
No, I’m genuinely curious. I’d like to know why.
我拿着伊莎贝尔的打火机在手中玩弄
I was just… I was fidgeting with Isabelle’s lighter.
一开始我并没有意识到这一点 后来我注意到了
I wasn’t really realizing it, and then I noticed,
然后我又意识到这是不礼貌的
and I thought it was rude,
所以我就把他放回桌上
so I put it down on the table.
但是我放在了其中一个方格的对角线上 看到了吗
But I put it diagonally across one of these squares, do you see?
我演示给你看
Look.
我发现这个打火机的长度
That’s when I noticed that the lighter’s length,
正好和对角线的长度一样
is exactly the same length as the diagonal itself.
然后我又把它转了一个方向
So I put it lengthwise.
沿着外面这条边 看
Along the outside edge. Look.
-也恰巧一样长 -是啊
-It fits there too. -Yeah.
在这里也是一样长
But it fits there.
还有这里 和这里
And it fits like this. And like this.
这里也一样
And this way, too.
我猜如果把它展开
I bet you if I just split it in half,
那么它一定会和某个地方一样长的
you know, it’s gotta fit somewhere.
这玩意在哪儿都能找到一样长的地方
I mean, it really fits anywhere. Look.
看到了吗
You see?
我发现观察一个事物观察得越仔细
I was noticing that the more you look at everything,
桌子 桌子上的东西 冰箱
this table, the objects on it, the refrigerator,
房♥间 你的鼻子
this room, your nose,
甚至世界
the world…
突然间 你就会领悟到
Suddenly, you realize that,
或许宇宙中的形状和大小之间
There’s some sort of cosmic harmony
总有着某种和谐的关系
of shapes and sizes.
我想弄明白
I was just wondering why.
但我就是不知道为什么
I don’t know why that is.
我确信这种和谐是存在的
I know that it is.
你们的这个朋友真是有趣
You have an interesting friend here.
比你们认为的 我猜 还要有趣的多
More interesting, I suspect, than you know.
我是说 当我们环顾四周的时候 我们看到了什么
I mean, when we look around us, what is it we see?
混沌 不是吗
Chaos, isn’t it?
完完全全的混沌
Complete chaos.
尽管如此 从上面看下来
Yet, viewed from above
看下来 就像上帝那样
viewed, as it were, by God
世间万物突然融为一体
everything suddenly fits together.
我的孩子们认为他们的示♥威♥
My children believe that their demonstrations
静♥坐♥ 以及 闹事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!