由真实故事改编
玻璃城♥堡♥
韦尔奇
韦尔奇日报
珍妮特 沃尔斯
罗莉 沃尔斯
萝丝 玛丽 沃尔斯 1989
雷克斯 沃尔斯 1989
布莱恩 沃尔斯
有钱的城里人住在精致的公♥寓♥里
Rich city folk live in fancy apartments,
但他们的空气污染太严重了 连星星都看不见
But their air’s so polluted, they can’t even see the stars.
就算他们把房♥子送我们
We’d have to be out of our minds
我们也不想要
To trade places with any of ’em.
我有四个消息源都这么说
…and i have four sources saying that it is.
他说什么呢
And what did he say?
他说 珍妮特 华尔斯
He said, “jeannette walls,
你只不过是一个写八卦专栏的
“you are nothing but a bottom-feeder
投机份子
“with a silly little gossip column.
如果你把这篇文发出去
“if you print this story,
我可不会让我的律师们放过你
“i will have my lawyers crawl so far up your ass
你会尝到被法律制裁的苦头的
“that you will taste their ink in your mouth.”
噢我的天啊 那你说了什么
Oh, my gosh! what did you say?
我十分感谢他酷炫的威胁之辞
I thanked him for the perfect kicker quote
然后挂了电♥话♥
And hung up the phone.
整个办公室都起立为她鼓掌欢呼
The whole office gave her a standing ovation.
然后你把文章印出来了吗
And you ran it?
噢那当然 在我出生的地方
Oh, heck, yeah, i ran it. where i come from,
你绝对不能错过好好教育暴徒
You never miss an opportunity to serve a bully
的机会
A slice of humble pie.
能帮我把这些打包一下吗
Could you box this up for me?
如果你不吃的话 把你的也打包了可以吗
And maybe yours, too, if you’re not gonna eat it?

Yeah.
她只是在开玩笑
She’s just kidding.
不我可没有 我从来不拿食物开玩笑
No, i’m not. i never joke about food.
你来自哪里呢 华尔斯小姐
So, where are you from, miss walls?
我好像听出了一点轻微的鼻音
I think i detect a slight twang in there somewhere.
珍妮特在弗吉尼亚长大 那里被树林
Jeannette grew up in virginia surrounded by trees
田野和鲜花所环绕 要是我们也那么幸运就好了
And fields of wild flowers. if we could all be so lucky.
呃 我在里士满附近有一个矿业公♥司♥
Mmm. i own a mining company near richmond.
你家人还在那居住吗
Your folks still there?
啊是的 他们 他们
Ah, yep, they are. they have
在山头有一座小房♥子 可以俯瞰到一条河
A little house there on a hill overlooking a river
他们很喜欢
And they love it, yeah.
他们是干什么的呢
And what do they do?
我母亲是个艺术家
My mom is an artist.
我父亲 呃 是个工程师
My dad, um, is an engineer.
她他正在开♥发♥一种可以
He’s developing a technology that’ll burn
更高效地燃烧低品质生煤的技术
Low-grade bituminous coal more efficiently.

Wow.
等他研究出来了你一定得给我打个电♥话♥啊
You have him give me a call when he has that figured out.
当然
I sure will.
你跟这个城市男孩谈请说爱
And what do they think of you
他们有什么看法吗
Hitching up with this big city boy?
呃 我还没有告诉他们
Well, i haven’t told them yet.
蒂凡尼也还没有告诉她父母有关于我的事
Well, tiffany still hasn’t told her parents about me,
我们在一起一年多了
And we’ve been together over a year.
噢那你们最好快点
Well, you better hurry up.
谁知道他还能撑多久呢
Who knows how much time he’s got left?
那可真是太不可思议了
That was unbelievable.
我还是不敢相信他们当场就给了你账号♥
I can’t believe he gave you the account on the spot.
我知道 这对公♥司♥太重要了
I know. this is huge for the firm.
我决定以后应酬都要带上你了
I’m taking you with me to all of these from now on.
我马上回家
I’m gonna be home soon.
我只是去把明天早上他要签字的文件
I just wanna have everything ready for him
都准备好
To sign in the morning.
好的
All right.
嘿 聊到我的家人的时候
Hey, when it comes to my family,
交给我来撒谎 好吗
Let me do the lying. okay?
没问题
You got it.
嘿 别忘了你打包的饭菜
Hey, don’t forget your leftovers.
家里见 爱你 拜
See you at home. love you. bye.
有急事吗
You in a hurry?
得了吧 老兄
Come on, man!
别在街上乱晃了
You need to get out of the street.

Hey!
– 喂 – 嘿 罗莉
Hello? hey, lori.
嘿 珍妮特 怎么了
Hey, jeannette. what’s goin’ on?
我刚看见爹妈在城里翻垃圾
I just saw mom and dad diggin’ through the trash downtown.
老妈发现什么宝藏了吗
Did mom find any new treasures?
我没停下
I didn’t stop.
什么 为什么不
What? why not?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
珍妮特
Jeannette…
妈妈 我们有午饭吃吗
Mom, are we gonna have any lunch?
出去跟布莱恩和罗莉玩吧
Go outside and play with brian and lori.
但是我饿了
But i’m hungry.
你是愿意让我给你做一些
Would you rather me make you some food
一小时内就会被吃光的食物
That’ll be gone in an hour,
还是让我画完这幅能够永存的画呢
Or finish this painting that’ll last forever?
去吧 你知道该如何选择的
Go on. you know how to do it.
你想要多少 妈妈
How many do you want, mom?
两个吧
Two, please!
雷克斯
Rex!
珍妮特
Jeannette,
你能告诉凯莉小姐
Can you tell miss kelly
你为什么要一个人做热狗吗
Why you were cooking hot dogs all by yourself?
我一直都自己做饭
I cook all the time.
你知道吗 你父母给我们的地址
You know, the address that your parents gave us
并不太对
Doesn’t seem to be right.
你们住在哪
Where do you live?
到处都是我们的家 我爸爸说我们在哪家就在哪
All over. dad says our home goes wherever we go.
那你去哪上学呢
And where do you go to school?
灰狼就是这么呼唤族群的
That’s how gray wolves call for their family.
小山羊 你在哪啊
Mountain goat, where the hell are you?
我在这里面
I’m in here!
噢抱歉 医生 只是娱乐一下
Oh, sorry, doc, just havin’ a little fun
激活一下♥体♥内的疗伤内啡肽
Gettin’ those healing endorphins goin’.
沃尔斯先生 我是泰勒医生
Mr. walls, i’m doctor taylor.
无意冒犯 你手上有很多病菌
No offense, you got a lot of sick on that hand.
额 这是凯莉小姐
Uh, this here is miss kelly.
她是我们当地的社工
She’s our resident social worker.
他们对你好吗
These guys treatin’ you okay?
这里有好多食物
There’s so much food here.
你想吃多少就吃多少
You can eat as much as you want.
也许我也应该摔断胳膊然后住进来
Maybe i should break my arm.
我也是
Me, too.
这发生了什么
What happened here?
他从沙发上摔下来
He fell off the couch
头磕在地上了
And cracked his head open on the floor.
他没事的
He’s fine.
地上到处都是血
There was blood everywhere.
你应该将他送到医院来
You should check him in.
一次有一个孩子住院已经够了
One kid in the hospital at a time is enough.
更何况布莱恩的头很硬的
Besides, brian’s head is so hard,
我认为地板受到了更多的伤害
I think the floor took more damage than he did.
沃尔斯先生 我认为这一点也不有趣
Mr. walls, i don’t find any of this very funny.
一点都不什么 医生
Any of what, doc?
这些孩子需要妥当地照顾
These children need proper care,
你却拿它来开玩笑
And you’re making a joke of it.
– 雷克斯 – 爸爸
– rex… – dad!
一位美国空军的退伍士兵
A veteran of the u.s. air force
把他的小女儿送到医院来 因此你可以
Brings his little girl in here so you can wrap
用创口贴把她贴起来 然后开一张账单给他
Her in a band-aid and hand him a bill
账单要的钱比一名飞行员一年挣得都要多

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!