这是一个非常重要的事实
It’s an important and popular fact
有些事并不像它看上去那样
that things are not always what they seem.
例如 在地球上 人类总是认为
For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed
他们是地球上最聪明的生物
that he was the most intelligent species occupying the planet,
其实他们只排第三
instead of the third most intelligent.
排在第二位的 当然是海豚啦
The second most intelligent creatures were of-cause dolphins,
说来也很奇怪
who, curiously enough,
其实他们在很久以前 就知道地球要毁灭了
had long known of the impending destruction of the planet Earth.
他们尝试了很多次 要给人类警告
They’d made many attempts to alert mankind,
但是很多讯号♥ 都被人类理解为
but most of their communications were misinterpreted
它们是在玩球 或者吹口哨要吃的
as amusing attempts to punch footballs or whistle for tidbits.
所以它们毅然决定离开地球
So they eventually decided they would eave Earth by their own means.
就连海豚最后的口讯也被人类理解为
The last ever dolphin message was misinterpreted
完美的后空翻
as a sophisticated attempt to do a backward somersault
穿过铁圈 然后冲向悬在空中的旗子
through a hoop, whistling The Star-Spangled Banner.
实际上 它们的口讯是
In fact, the message was this:
再见 多谢你们给我们的鱼
So long and thanks for all the fish.
再见 多谢你们给我们的鱼
So long and thanks for all the fish
事情到了这个地步真是不幸
So sad that it should come to this
我们总是想警告你们
We tried to warn you all but, oh, dear
但是你们并不了解
You may not share our intellect
你们是多么不尊敬
Which might explain your disrespect
你们身边的美好世界
For all the natural wonders that grow around you
再见 多谢你们给我们的鱼
So long, so long and thanks…for all the fish
你们的世界就要被毁灭了
Your world’s about to be destroyed
你们再也不需烦恼了
There’s no point getting all annoyed
躺下看着你们的星球被摧毁
Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you
不管今天是否打到鱼
Despite those nets of tuna fleets
我们觉得你们大都很可爱
We thought that most of you were sweet
尤其是小孩和孕妇们
Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women
再见 再见 再见
So long, so long, so long, so long, so long
再见 再见
So long, so long
再见 多谢你们给我们的鱼
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish
我只有最后一个愿望
If I had just one last wish
再给我一些美味的鱼
I would like a tasty fish
如果我们可以改变一件事
If we could just change one thing
那就是要学会唱歌♥
We would all have learnt to sing
大家一起来
Come one and all
人类和哺乳动物
Man and mammal
肩并肩在一起
Side by side
生命是一个庞大的基因库
In life’s great gene pool!
再见 再见 再见
So long, so long, so long
再见 再见
So long, so long
再见 多谢你们给我们的鱼
So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!
银河系漫游指南 是个非凡的故事
The extraordinary story of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
有一个非常简单的开始
begins very simply.
就从一个男人开始
It begins with a man.
精确的说 一个地球人
An Earthman, to be precise.
一个不清楚自己命运的 地球人
Who no more knows his destiny,
就像一片茶叶 不清楚东印度公♥司♥的历史
than a tea leaf knows the history of the East India Company.
他的名字叫 阿瑟·丹特
His name is Arthur Dent.
他是一个五英尺八英寸高的猿人后裔
He is a five-foot-eight-inch-tall ape descendant
而且有人为了修公路 要拆他的房♥子
and someone is trying to drive a bypass through his house.
我想让你做什么 我要你找到他
What do I want you to do about it? Find him
告诉他 我现在躺在一个推土机前面
and tell him I’m currently lying flat on my back in front of…
好吧 我等着
Fine, I’ll hold.
你不可能永远躺在推土机前面
Mr Dent, you can’t lie in front of the bulldozers for ever.
我会的 看一看谁先放弃
I’m game. We’ll see who rusts first.
这条公路一定要修
This bypass has got to be built and it is going to be built.
-为什么一定要修 -这是条高速公路
-Why has it got to be built? -It’s a bypass.
路是一定要修的
You’ve got to build bypasses.
而且 如果你要抗♥议♥的话 几个月之前就该开始了
Besides, you should’ve protested months ago.
这个计划 在办公室搁了有一年了
The plans have been on display at the planning office for a year.
搁了有一年了 我要去地下室看一下
On display? I had to go down to a cellar.
丹特先生 你知道这车会受到什么损坏吗
Mr Dent, have you any idea how much damage this bulldozer would suffer
如果从你身上压过去
if I just let it roll straight over you?
-有什么损坏 -没有一点损伤
-How much? -None at all.
非常巧合的是
By a strange coincidence, none at all
这个猿人的后裔 阿瑟”一点都没有”意识到
is exactly how much suspicion ape-descendant Arthur had
他的那个最好的朋友
that one of his closest friends
并不是猿人后裔 而是来自一个很小的星球
was not descended from an ape, but was, in fact, from a small planet
参宿四附近的一颗星球
somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.
阿瑟 阿瑟
Arthur! Arthur!
-福特 -干什么
-Ford! -Yes?
我在这儿
Here.
啊 原来你在这里
Ah, there you are!
我们要谈一谈了
Eat, drink. We gotta talk.
现在可不是喝酒的时候 他们要毁了我的家园
Now’s not the best time. They’re going to demolish my home.
哦 你已经知道了吗
Whoa! You already… You already know? How?
怎么会知道的
What do you m…?
哦 他们 原来你说的”他们”是指他们
Oh, they, they? When you say “they” you mean they? Got it.
现在 我要告诉你一件非常重要的事情
Listen. I got somethin’ important I gotta tell you. Right now.
但是 我的房♥子怎么办
Well, what about my house?
地球上的工人们 我带来了花生和啤酒
Workers of the Earth, I bring good tidings of peanuts and beer!
-好了 我们去酒吧 -什么
-Good. Let’s go to the pub. -Huh?
他们说喝完啤酒才开工
They won’t demolish it until they’ve finished the beers.
-他们的话可信吗 -我相信他们 直到地球的末日
-Can we trust ’em? -To the end of the Earth.
-地球末日还有多少时间 -大约还有12分钟
-How far’s that? -About 12 minutes away.
什么
Huh?
酒来了
Six pints coming up.
不用找了 你还有10分钟去花这些钱
Keep the change. You got about ten minutes to spend it.
一人三杯 在午饭时间
Three pints each? At Iunchtime?
对不起 时间只是一种幻觉
Sorry. Ah. Time is an illusion.
午饭时间同样也是
Lunchtime, doubly so.
吃了这些花生 你会需要这些盐
And eat those peanuts, because You’ll need the salt.
-福特 到底发生了什么事 -阿瑟
-Look, what is going on, Ford? -Arthur…
如果我告诉你 我不是来自吉尔福德
What if I told you I really wasn’t from Guildford?
而是来自参宿四星附近的一颗星球
I was from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?
你不是经常这么说吗
Is that something you’re likely to say?
你还记得我们是如何相遇的吗
Remember when we met?
快闪开
Out the way!
-噢 -你好
-Oof! -Hi.
看到我要和汽车握手 是不是觉得很奇怪
Wasn’t it strange I was trying to shake hands with a car?
我以为你喝醉了
I assumed you were drunk.
我以为汽车是一种生命体 我想和他打个招呼
I thought cars were the dominant life form. I was introducing myself.
你救过我 现在我要救你了 喝酒
You saved my life. And now I’m saving yours. Please drink.
今天是周四 我从来没在周四喝醉过
It must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.
-如果是关于你的房♥子 -不 不是关于我的房♥子
-If this is about your house… -No, it’s not about the house.
-他是谁 -她 她
-Who’s he? -She. She.
特瑞沙·麦克米兰 我们在化装舞会上遇到的
Tricia McMillan. We met at a fancy-dress party.
我不喜欢化装舞会
I hate those kind of parties.
我宁愿呆在家里烫我的手帕
I’d rather have stayed at home and ironed my hankies.
-但是我还是去了 -你是谁
-But there I was. -Who are you?
-哦 -她就这样出现了
-Oh! -And there she was.
呃 丹特 阿瑟·丹特
Uh, Dent. Arthur Dent.
不 我问你扮的谁
Oh, no. I mean, who are you?
哦 我是非洲探险家 李文斯通
Oh, the costume? Right. “Livingstone, I presume!”
虽然他没有达尔文那么聪明
Yeah, it’s not as clever as Darwin,
但是时间仓促 只能扮成这样了
but the best I could do at short notice.
你是第一个说对的人
You’re the first to get that right.
-真的吗 -是的 所有人都叫我圣诞老人
-Really? -Yes. Everyone calls me Santa.
-是吗 -我想是这只猎犬提醒了你
-Right. -I thought the beagle was a giveaway.
我想也是
So did I.
化装舞会上的人 都是喝醉了的傻瓜
People at these parties are drunken idlots.
-什么
-What?
这些人都是傻瓜 上帝啊
All these people are idlots! God!
你真蠢
That’s awkward.
我想也是
Tell me.
她真的很漂亮 福特
She was amazing though, Ford.
美丽 机智 疯狂
Beautiful, witty, mad as a balloon.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章后会有期
下一篇文章狂躁节拍
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!