夜与城市
Night and the city.
夜晚就是今晚 明晚…
The night is tonight, tomorrow night…
或任何晚上
or any night.
城市是伦敦
The city is London.
玛丽
Mary?
玛丽
Mary?
哈里 你找不到任何钱的
You won’t find any money there, Harry.
你什么意思 监视我
What do you mean, spying on me?
我…我只是找香烟
I, uh… I was just looking for a cigarette.

Mmm.
我会偷你的 你凭什么觉得我…
Would I steal from you? What makes you think I…
-现在你在逃避谁 -逃 我
-Who are you running away from now? -Running? Me?
你知道我不会的
Now, you know me better than that.
三天三夜 没有你的任何音讯
Three days and three nights, and not a word from you.
我很忙
Well, I’ve been very busy.
我所知道的是 你躺在排水沟里
For all I knew, you were lying in the gutter
背后插着刀子
somewhere with a knife in your back.
躺在排水沟
Lying in the gutter?
现在 听着 甜心 我告诉你发生了什么事
Now, look, sweetheart. I’ll tell you what happened.
我在伯明翰
I was in Birmingham.
-伯明翰 -是的
-Birmingham? -Yes!
那儿有个人 在开始一个新的快船线
There’s a fellow up there starting a new greyhound track.
他想我作搭档
And he wants me for a partner.
这是人生的一次机会
It’s the chance of a lifetime, Mary.
我这次发达了
I’ll be in on the ground floor.
我只想去一天
I only expected to be gone for a day,
但当我看到我所呆的地方的布局时
but when I saw that layout I stayed over.
当你看到…听着 甜心 计划是这样
And when you see… Look, honey. Look, here’s the plan.
多少钱
How much?
“多少钱”
“How much”?
听着 哈里 又不是第一次了
Look, Harry, we’ve been through this a thousand times.
多少钱
How much?
呃 好吧
Oh. Mmm. Well, all right.
我们的股份 只有300英镑
For our share, it’s only £300.
-300镑 一生无忧 -不
-£300, and it’s a life of ease and plenty. -No!
你有钱 你这儿就有
You’ve got the money. You’ve got it right here.
是的 我有 但不会用于快船线什么的
Sure. Sure, I’ve got it. But not for any greyhound track.
-原因 上个月…-但这次不同 玛丽
-Why, last month it was… -But this is different, Mary.
这次不会失败
This can’t lose!
噢 哈里 你怎么就不能明白点事
Oh, Harry, why can’t you ever grow up?
哈里 你必须控制自己
Harry, you gotta get hold of yourself.
你不能永远跑来跑去 总是一身大汗
You can’t go on forever always running, always in a sweat.
你以为我喜欢 没日没夜
Do you think I enjoy working night after night
在银狐工作…
at the Silver Fox…
找那些醉鬼
getting drunks drunker?
但我坚持下来 等着我们结婚的那天…
But I’m sticking it out, waiting for the day we can marry…
过体面而正常的生活
lead decent, normal lives.
记得他们吗 哈里
Remember them, Harry?
很好的人 互相了解
Nice people. Nice to know and be with.
记得他们过去的计划吗
Remember the plans they used to make?
他们想过的那种生活
The kind of life they were going to live?
我只是想出人头地
I just want to be somebody.
我得快点了 哈里
I’ve got to hurry, Harry.
你也要快点
You’d better hurry too.
-罗瑟会生你气的 -让他等
-Nosseross is angry with you. -Let him wait.
他和他的大肚子
Him and his big, fat belly.
我不离开这儿
I’m not leaving here.
你是说你害怕离开
You mean you’re afraid to leave.
多少钱
How much?
我…全给他了 还差5磅
I… paid him everything but five pounds.
他是投钱在足球场的人
He’s the one that put up the money for the football pool.
在这儿等着
Wait here.
进来
Come in!
-亚当 -开窗
-Adam! -Open the windows!
别告诉我你又在煎意大利面
Don’t tell me you tried cooking spaghetti again.
是的 照常是灾难性的结果
Yes! With the usual disastrous results.
玛丽 把那边瓶子拿过来 快点
Mary, get that siphon bottle there! Quickly!
-这个苏打 -是的 快点 快点
-The soda? -Yes! Hurry! Hurry!
-来了 -噢
-Here! -Oh!
别站着不动呀 喷射 喷啊
Don’t just stand there, woman! Squirt! Squirt!
行了
There.
你正赶上享受
You’re just in time to enjoy
最美味的意大利面
the most heavenly spaghetti dinner.
多谢了 不幸地是 我刚吃过早餐了
Aw, thanks, but I’ve just had breakfast, unfortunately.
我承认说看上去做得有点过了
I admit it does look a little overdone.
好吧 下个周再试一下
Oh, well. Try again next week.
还是想做的
Probably starve doing it,
但我总会做好的 我保证
but I’ll master it in the end, I promise.
那是让我们分开的东西 懂吗
That’s the thing that keeps us apart, you know.
-你的意大利面 -是的 某种程度上来说
-Your spaghetti? -Yes, in a way.
当我做我的意大利面
When I’m having my spaghetti,
你在找你的早晨面包
you’re looking for your morning toast.
你觉得我们可以找个时间
Do you think we might ever arrange our day
找个地点喝个茶吗
to meet somewhere around teatime?
来吧 坐下
Come on, sit down.
让我把这些可怕的小怪物
Oh, here. Let me get these hideous little monsters
拿开
out of the way.
噢 我觉得他很可爱
Oh, I think he’s cute.
-是她 -好吧 她很可爱
-She. -Well, she’s cute.
商家告诉我 它是至今
The shops tell me it’s the best-selling design
我给他们的最畅销的设计
I’ve given them so far.
-真泄气 你可能会高兴
-Discouraging. -You’re probably pleased as punch.
当然 坐下 真的很舒服
Of course. Sit down and really be comfortable.
多谢 亚当 但我要去做事了
Thanks, Adam, but I’ve got to get on to work.
-我来要你帮个忙 -说吧
-I’ve come to ask for a favor. -Name it.
你能借我3镑 明天就还
Could you let me have three pounds until tomorrow?
请自便 打开那个打夜钟
Help yourself. Punch the night bell.
瑞尼德街的老女人
The old lady of Threadneedle Street
很大方
is well stocked and quite generous.
-它看上去象是英国银行 -嗯 应该是的
-It does look like the Bank of England. -Well, it should.
我用了我一半的年轻时光复♥制♥的
I spent half my youth reproducing it.
-很好 -当然
-It’s very good. -Of course.
太棒了
Wonderful!
你很聪明亚当
You’re very clever, Adam.
我是不重要的人
I am about unimportant things.
请自便
Help yourself.
多谢吧 亚当 我现在急需这个…
Thanks, Adam. I happen to need this right now for…
-但我不想它们…-当然
-Well, I didn’t expect them to deliver the –Sure.
哈里回来了
Harry’s back.
你知道的 对吧
You knew that, didn’t you?
这墙 就像一个大的快乐之家
These walls. Just one big, happy family.
他很兴奋 就象个孩子
He gets so excited, almost like a child.
但你要知道 人要努力控制
But you know, Adam, one has to fight
不被兴奋之情牵着走
not to get pulled in by his excitement.
他的想法总有太多的幻想
His ideas always have so much imagination.
我知道 哈里是个没有艺术感的艺术家
I know. Harry’s an artist without an art.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
那就是让一个人不快乐的东西 玛丽…
Well, that’s something that’d make a man very unhappy, Mary…
找到正确的方式 用这种方式来表达他自己
groping for the right lever, the means with which to express himself.
对 他是那样的 对吧
Yes, he is that, isn’t he?
我喜欢那个 亚当 是个很不错的想法
I like that, Adam. It’s a very nice thought.
是的 但它也很危险
Yes, but it can be dangerous.
噢 不会吧 你又这样
Oh. no, you don’t. Not again.
每次你说话
Every time you talk,
都让我糊涂到一周内都想不清楚
you mix me up so I can’t think straight for a week.
-多谢 亚当 -任何事
-Thanks, Adam. -Anything.
任何时候
Anytime.
-嘿 嘿 哈里 -晚上好 马吉
-Hi, hi, Harry! -Evening, Maggie!
赢不了的 孩子们 看着
Can’t win, boys! Watch it!
晚上好 各位
Evening, boys.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!